• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Few more finished and out the door last week, and more to come this week!

I have been trying to come up with better and faster methods for doing the final hand shaping, and I'm happy to report that some speed improvements have been made this past week.

I had been running into a physical wall, all the hand filing and sanding was giving me tennis elbow. This recent improvement seems to have solved that issue as well.

What I came up with was a piece of aggressive sandpaper glued to a long, shaped, piece of wood. The shape is the negative of the curve thats on the Nomad II body. So it can be used to sand the bodies into the final curved shape. I can use both arms in a standing position... so that helps!

To work for this long on a single project...and not feel the accomplishment of actually finishing...can be mentally exhausting. It's easy to lose confidence. Being able to start and finish a small batch of toads really gave me a new fire for these Nomad IIs.

Perhaps that's too many personal details... but I like to be open about the process. haha.

I'll be posting some new photos this week as well. It's been too long!
🙏🙏🙏thank you for the update mr Dan. As a gigging musician, I find I go through similar phases where I don’t see the rewards of my efforts. A couple months ago my teacher’s teacher gave me some sage wisdom in regards to art and practicing and all that. “Just remember, progress is doing not completing.” You’re always taking small steps forward even when you don’t see it and feel it. In those less obvious times, it’s important to trust that progress is happening and to keep going.
Aside from all that, congratulations on finishing the roads! That must feel great

jds

I don't have pictures yet (coming tomorrow), but after using this Nomad II for a few hours now, I can say I love it. It is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Even with my bad technique, it's extremely responsive and perfect for vaping small amounts of bud. I throw 0.03-0.05g in there and I clear the bowl in a few hits. I find it really efficient, and very little bud goes a long way. I have the high heater.

The hits are very tasty and clean. It's really satisfying. I've tried it with both ground material and whole little buds, and both seem to work well.

The vape is hefty, beautiful, made with excellent craftsmanship, and it performs better than just about everything else I've tried so far. I honestly couldn't ask for more. It will likely become my new daily driver, replacing a Dynavap Omnivap I have been using for some years.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hello to you, lucky owners of a Nomad or Nomad 2!

I long for updates ...

I know we're all different but I'd like to know how do these vaporizers fit into your rotation?

is this your daily vaporizer? main ? to taste ? savor? to amuse you ?
or do you rarely take it out? for occasions?

Thank you in advance for your answers !!
I have a Nomad (no 93) that is still absolutely in my regular rotation. I have been using the high heater (original one, I need to reach out to DM to order the newer one). Back when I first got it, I loved it, but as I fine-tuned my technique, I learned to love it even more. I probably use it 2-4 times week on my couch, sipping and enjoying the taste and the functioning work of art and love showing it off to anyone who will look!

I can’t wait to see new ones soon, but in the meantime, here are a few shots of the innards and outer of an old Nomad:

7-B6-CC3-AF-B659-4045-B569-585455432357.jpg

FBCA3974-428-A-46-EE-A079-6-F5-EC901-C36-D.jpg

1-BD8-CB96-9570-459-B-8321-F3912-FCFB921.jpg

3-B55-F7-E7-D144-4-E6-E-86-C6-F374712-A7934.jpg

87-C11-C09-EE57-477-F-9-A06-22-D3-EECC1-FDD.jpg

CL52613

I am happily awaiting the arrival of my Nomad II masterpiece. Been a long wait, but great things are worth waiting. Much thanks, appreciation, and admiration for the creative genius behind these most beautiful of vaporizers. As long as the wait has been for those of us supporting this magnificent vaporizer, my hats off to the determination, innovation, artistic drive, and commitment of Dan 'The Man" Morrison, for having a vision and the necessary skills and dedication to see that vision become a reality. It has been my extreme pleasure and privilege to be considered a friend as well as a consumer of his creation. A more honest, hard working, ethical, and upfront business man would be hard to find. I will let you all know how the vaporizer handles once I receive it, though I feel quite confident the results will be everything expected. Dan much love and appreciation my friend, you have provided this old man, the most pleasant purchasing experience, of my soon to be 69 years.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I love the wood grain. What's in your button?

The button in the photo was a mock-up, based on what I thought the actual button would look like. I messed up and forgot to change out the button in this photo for the actual.

Once I finished cutting and polishing the fossilized dinosaur bone, it came out quite a lot different than I had guessed.

Here is the actual button completed. This is a unique form of fossilized bone called "agatized" dinosaur bone. The bone itself was converted into agate through the fossilization process, pretty cool!

DSCF6061.jpg

flammy

Nice nomad!!
Where do y'all get those dimpled stems?

Thanks! I got the nippled stems from @mistvaporizer but unfortunately I don't believe that he is providing anymore stems at the moment. He had them made by the glassblower that he used. You can probably get them made by someone like Oregon Glass Blower and just need to be aware of the o-ring placement so as to not create nipples in that area. I worked with Dave to create those stems and provided measurements so if you want to try to get them made again, I can look for those measurements and provide them here.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Thanks! I got the nippled stems from @mistvaporizer but unfortunately I don't believe that he is providing anymore stems at the moment. He had them made by the glassblower that he used. You can probably get them made by someone like Oregon Glass Blower and just need to be aware of the o-ring placement so as to not create nipples in that area. I worked with Dave to create those stems and provided measurements so if you want to try to get them made again, I can look for those measurements and provide them here.
Really wish they were still being made. Broke mine last weekend moving. Hoping either mistvape makes a come back or someone else picks up where he left off. Anyone know his blower? Lol. If any one has a spare

Xclerk,
Top Bottom