• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I’m not sure if any of y’all have read HG Wells’ the time machine but I just started it a few days ago and I gotta say, the way the time machine itself is described seems like a similar aesthetic to all of Dan’s vapes. It’s such a neat type of design. @Dan Morrison, have you ever read any of wells’ stuff? If so, do you get any design inspiration from him?

I'm not too familliar with his work. But I do draw a lot of inspiration from visual art in the science fiction, retrofuture, futurist..sorta vibe. I suspect many of the artists that work in those genres are inspired by him.

Ripstar

I'm not too familliar with his work. But I do draw a lot of inspiration from visual art in the science fiction, retrofuture, futurist..sorta vibe. I suspect many of the artists that work in those genres are inspired by him.
Art Film GIF by Tech Noir

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I just have to say I love the Nomad II and Dan is a super great person. For a bit mine wasn't firing quite regularly. I think it's battery size variation. Well Dan has planned for this so he talked me through changing the button attachment point in the body. Needless to say I struggled at first - partly because it's so simply and cleverly designed I had to figure it out to put it back together!! Simple puzzles are hard plus using magnets can cause all kinds of fun experiences - one kept flipping around when I tried to assemble the button. Dan had never experienced that but hey it was fun figuring it out.

Well, some patience and great explanations from Dan it's all back together and working great. Now I feel comfortable and confident to make minor adjustments. I have a much better understanding and it was fun troubleshooting the issue. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tight connection on either the top or bottom of the battery. Reversing the attachment location - moves the screw from a side with a counter sunk section so the screw sits deep or the other side that is threaded but not counter sunk so it's adjustable!! Really cool and simple without anything to loosen up over time.

Enjoy the day everyone.
David

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I just have to say I love the Nomad II and Dan is a super great person. For a bit mine wasn't firing quite regularly. I think it's battery size variation. Well Dan has planned for this so he talked me through changing the button attachment point in the body. Needless to say I struggled at first - partly because it's so simply and cleverly designed I had to figure it out to put it back together!! Simple puzzles are hard plus using magnets can cause all kinds of fun experiences - one kept flipping around when I tried to assemble the button. Dan had never experienced that but hey it was fun figuring it out.

Well, some patience and great explanations from Dan it's all back together and working great. Now I feel comfortable and confident to make minor adjustments. I have a much better understanding and it was fun troubleshooting the issue. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tight connection on either the top or bottom of the battery. Reversing the attachment location - moves the screw from a side with a counter sunk section so the screw sits deep or the other side that is threaded but not counter sunk so it's adjustable!! Really cool and simple without anything to loosen up over time.

Enjoy the day everyone.
David

Enjoy the day everyone.
David
Makes me even more excited for mine

SquirrelMaster

A little over 2 years after getting on the wait list I had the pleasure of returning home last Friday to find my Koa/African Blackwood Nomad 2 waiting for me 😁. After a week of use, here are my thoughts so far.

The Koa body is so gorgeous I can't believe my eyes . There's a video Dan posted a few pages back (I quoted below) that shows the 3d effect (chatoyancy) of Koa to give you some idea. In person it almost doesn't look real. The way the wood changes as the light catches it is like nothing I have ever seen.

As much as I love my wood choice (and I fuckin love it) it's really just the icing on the cake of a beautiful design. Between the subtle curves and lines that bend the look, to the most simple, yet beautiful, reliant, and steampunk AF electrical system, the Nomad 2 is as good as it gets imo. Every variant I've seen is as beautiful as the next and Dan helps you get there so the options aren't overwhelming.

It feels great to hold the Nomad 2; so much so that despite not wanting to take mine out and about, I know I won't be able to resist. It's small enough to be considered stealthy but I don't find it awkward at all when firing. The magnetic function of the button is very satisfying as well.

How's it in use you ask? I have a few unregulated devices already so I had a rough idea of what to expect with the Nomad. Every vape is a little different though, and between the two heaters modules, straight glass stems, 6mm glass beads, wood capsules and two different stems from Mistvape (cooling spikes and wood end with glass beads), I've had a few variables to play with.

The high heater was all I used the first couple days, then the next two were all the low heater. I've been back to the high heater since. The low heater is less temperamental; I start with at least a 5 second preheat and then slowly inhale and if I don't feel vapor/heat at the back of my throat I'll pull my lips away and exhale while continuing to hold the button. A second or two later I inhale again, and shortly after the vapor is flowing or if not (because I'm drawing to fast) I pause again for a second or two.

I tend to inhale fairly quickly and I like dense hits, so I ride the button a lot, especially with the low heater. With the high heater my preheat is shorter and I momentarily pulse off the button every few seconds if I feel like I'm getting enough power (so I don't hot spot). I'll most likely use the high heater more out of convenience, but the low heater is a good option for easier low temp use.
Here's a little finishing action with a curly koa Nomad II. I tested a bunch of new finishes in the last year or so, and ended up really liking Osmo. Their "extra-thin" formulation works nicely on these super dense stabilized and exotic hardwoods.

This finish is a mixture of plant based drying oils and waxes, all food contact safe, no smell, and non yellowing.

I go with two coats of Osmo, then I finish up with a very fine abrasive buff and finally a polish with carnauba wax.

Here is the first coat!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
A little over 2 years after getting on the wait list I had the pleasure of returning home last Friday to find my Koa/African Blackwood Nomad 2 waiting for me 😁. After a week of use, here are my thoughts so far.

The Koa body is so gorgeous I can't believe my eyes . There's a video Dan posted a few pages back (I quoted below) that shows the 3d effect (chatoyancy) of Koa to give you some idea. In person it almost doesn't look real. The way the wood changes as the light catches it is like nothing I have ever seen.

As much as I love my wood choice (and I fuckin love it) it's really just the icing on the cake of a beautiful design. Between the subtle curves and lines that bend the look, to the most simple, yet beautiful, reliant, and steampunk AF electrical system, the Nomad 2 is as good as it gets imo. Every variant I've seen is as beautiful as the next and Dan helps you get there so the options aren't overwhelming.

It feels great to hold the Nomad 2; so much so that despite not wanting to take mine out and about, I know I won't be able to resist. It's small enough to be considered stealthy but I don't find it awkward at all when firing. The magnetic function of the button is very satisfying as well.

How's it in use you ask? I have a few unregulated devices already so I had a rough idea of what to expect with the Nomad. Every vape is a little different though, and between the two heaters modules, straight glass stems, 6mm glass beads, wood capsules and two different stems from Mistvape (cooling spikes and wood end with glass beads), I've had a few variables to play with.

The high heater was all I used the first couple days, then the next two were all the low heater. I've been back to the high heater since. The low heater is less temperamental; I start with at least a 5 second preheat and then slowly inhale and if I don't feel vapor/heat at the back of my throat I'll pull my lips away and exhale while continuing to hold the button. A second or two later I inhale again, and shortly after the vapor is flowing or if not (because I'm drawing to fast) I pause again for a second or two.

I tend to inhale fairly quickly and I like dense hits, so I ride the button a lot, especially with the low heater. With the high heater my preheat is shorter and I momentarily pulse off the button every few seconds if I feel like I'm getting enough power (so I don't hot spot). I'll most likely use the high heater more out of convenience, but the low heater is a good option for easier low temp use.
Fan-freakin' tastic man, that thing is just stupendous.
Looking forward to seeing more pic's of the finished device.
:drool::drool::drool::drool::whoa:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
New Nomad owners- SHOW ME YOUR PACKAGE!

Wont lie, always wanted to say that in a scenario that would NOT result with a bunch of people sending me dick pics.

I've oogled and lusted over Dan's pieces since I saw his first posts about a coal powered vaporizer called the Okin. It was visually stunning, the materials, the level of craftsmanship and attention to detail are top of class. I so regret hanging on the sidelines on that release...

When the Nomads came out, I was again swept away by the attention to detail and the workmanship behind each piece. Post pics for those of us still in the queue. :cheers:

jds

New Nomad owners- SHOW ME YOUR PACKAGE!

Wont lie, always wanted to say that in a scenario that would NOT result with a bunch of people sending me dick pics.

I've oogled and lusted over Dan's pieces since I saw his first posts about a coal powered vaporizer called the Okin. It was visually stunning, the materials, the level of craftsmanship and attention to detail are top of class. I so regret hanging on the sidelines on that release...

When the Nomads came out, I was again swept away by the attention to detail and the workmanship behind each piece. Post pics for those of us still in the queue. :cheers:

I agree with this. There is a lack of Nomad pictures in this thread!

SquirrelMaster

Probably because the pics hardly do them justice.
Amen to that. I was trying to snap some pictures last weekend and without setting any lighting up my shots didn't feel right given how beautiful it is in person.

Here are a couple shots from my phone in full sun and shade with added glass beads. The wood really lights up in the sun. These 6mm beads are so much easier to clean than my 4mm but either works well for extra cooling which is a necessity imo.

Edit: I forgot to mention I had ground some Tangie Borealis (I recently grew) with a medium BCG and packed by straw sucking with the tiniest of tamps. I barely need to stir with such a light pack and flavour was fantastic on the low heater.

Last edited:

Ripstar

Amen to that. I was trying to snap some pictures last weekend and without setting any lighting up my shots didn't feel right given how beautiful it is in person.

Here are a couple shots from my phone in full sun and shade with added glass beads. The wood really lights up in the sun. These 6mm beads are so much easier to clean than my 4mm but either works well for extra cooling which is a necessity imo.

Edit: I forgot to mention I had ground some Tangie Borealis (I recently grew) with a medium BCG and packed by straw sucking with the tiniest of tamps. I barely need to stir with such a light pack and flavour was fantastic on the low heater.
Damn man! unreal! 😍 😍

seriousTone

Jesus you weren't kidding the chatoyancy is fantastic. I love the cracks in the grain too. Looking at that reminds me of Tigers Eye stones.

Top Bottom