• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

Vaporware

Indeed, I think 18650's will die first

I’m hoping that by that time we’ll be able to fit an even better battery and maybe a little electronic piece in the battery compartment to make sure it gets what it needs to work as expected. :)

I had a pretty similar idea for my sleeve, as far as being true to the original concept and the former owner and stuff, but there are some significant differences. I think you’ll probably like mine too. I can’t wait to see the final product, but if it’s even close to as great as yours (and I think it will be) I’ll be super happy! Congrats! :rockon:

SquirrelMaster

There are some images of the dyed fabric that Dan has been working on over on his IG for anyone interested. I looking forward to seeing how the cases turn out. I can see a nice blue case in my future mimicking the beautiful ocean waters of Hawaii to hold my curly koa Nomad 2 nice and safely.

Until then I'll continue (barely) containing my excitement.
iu

SquirrelMaster

The Nomad will be my first unregulated 18650 device. I want to get a multimeter to check battery voltage. Will this work? https://www.amazon.com/AstroAI-Digi...01ISAMUA6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
That would work yes, you'd set it to DC voltage which is the V with a straight line and dots and setting 20. I have a multi meter near me so I can check voltages on any cell that goes into one of my unregulated devices. They're a good item to have around the house anyways.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If you want to go the Chinese cheapo DMM route, usually entry level dollar stuff is utter crap, and I mean it won't give you any stable reading and can sometimes even be misleading. But if you spend slightly more, check the Aneng brand (notably the AN8008 model). It's Chinese but quality is really good for the price (got mine for around 20 euros, but I just tried looking on amazon and they were all pricier now, but currently 25$ shipped from BangGood and possibly cheaper on Aliexpress)

Thanks @KeroZen - looks like they are around $35 on Amazon. I'm willing to spend a little more to have something reliable.

Are the voltage meters on certain chargers with digital displays actually reliable readings?

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Thanks @KeroZen - looks like they are around $35 on Amazon. I'm willing to spend a little more to have something reliable.

Are the voltage meters on certain chargers with digital displays actually reliable readings?

I have a Nitecore D2, a fairly inexpensive charger, and I've found that the voltage display is accurate.

The only advantage having a DMM will give you is for troubleshooting a problem. It's handy for around the house/garage if you like to fix things!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes genuine Nitecore chargers should be fine... but if you don't have a reliable meter to confirm that, you'll never know! :)

I've had bad surprises with other lesser brand chargers where they clearly exceeded the 4.20V cutoff, and this is bad.

But yes as Dan said, getting a DMM is especially useful as a tool of its own. If you don't think you will use it for anything else, the one in your charger should be good enough.

Oden

J'ai un Nitecore D2, un chargeur assez bon marché, et j'ai trouvé que l'affichage de la tension est précis.

Le seul avantage d'avoir un multimètre numérique vous apportera le dépannage d'un problème. C'est pratique pour la maison / le garage si vous aimez réparer les choses!

Hello Dan,
I'm brand new to fc combustion (by the way it's a gold mine of information on this forum) and I've read the entire conversation thread on your wonderful creations from 2016 until now.
I would absolutely like to join the waiting list for Nomad 2 please.
The problem is that I didn't quite understand where you have to go to contact you and give you my email address.
Thank you in advance !

Vaporware

@Oden I don’t know what the current waiting list time is, but yes I would expect it to take a while before your turn comes, and then a while more before it’s finished.

A lot of that wait time is due to Dan’s attention to detail and desire to make sure every one of us is happy with our Nomads and they’re as good as they can be, so I think it’s worth the wait. :)

Oden

@Oden I don’t know what the current waiting list time is, but yes I would expect it to take a while before your turn comes, and then a while more before it’s finished.

A lot of that wait time is due to Dan’s attention to detail and desire to make sure every one of us is happy with our Nomads and they’re as good as they can be, so I think it’s worth the wait. :)
Yes I fully agree with you! The wait is worth it. I have already prepared myself psychologically 😂
It was to make me a great idea.
Currently no other vaporizer on the market interests me, apart from the tetra p80 (which for me is very difficult to obtain 😞) and the Nomad.
And the Nomad I consider it more as a work of art rather than a simple vaporizer.
I want to start vaping with the best, even though I'm new to it.
luckily this community and very good advice 🙂

All the people to whom I showed Dan's work and know-how in France, were impressed by the delicacy of these works of art.

flammy

Yes I fully agree with you! The wait is worth it. I have already prepared myself psychologically 😂
It was to make me a great idea.
Currently no other vaporizer on the market interests me, apart from the tetra p80 (which for me is very difficult to obtain 😞) and the Nomad.
And the Nomad I consider it more as a work of art rather than a simple vaporizer.
I want to start vaping with the best, even though I'm new to it.
luckily this community and very good advice 🙂

All the people to whom I showed Dan's work and know-how in France, were impressed by the delicacy of these works of art.

The wait time for the Nomad 2 should be considerably less than that of the Nomad 1 given the lack of sleeve. I think Dan was aiming for 6 month wait from joining but I think we will get a better feel for timing once the last Nomad 1 batch is completed.

Its certainly undeniable that these are finely crafted pieces of functional art but wait until you actually use one. In terms of portables, this is top 2 for me (with the other being Tubo/Tetra from Lamart). Flavor is on point and its the easiest unregulated device I've ever used.

Oden

Le temps d'attente pour le Nomad 2 devrait être considérablement inférieur à celui du Nomad 1 compte tenu de l'absence de manche. Je pense que Dan visait 6 mois d'attente avant de rejoindre, mais je pense que nous aurons une meilleure idée du timing une fois que le dernier lot de Nomad 1 sera terminé.

Il est indéniable que ce sont des œuvres d'art fonctionnelles finement travaillées, mais attendez d'en utiliser une. En termes de portables, c'est le top 2 pour moi (l'autre étant Tubo / Tetra de Lamart). La saveur est au rendez-vous et c'est l'appareil non réglementé le plus simple que j'ai jamais utilisé.

The wait time for the Nomad 2 should be considerably less than that of the Nomad 1 given the lack of sleeve. I think Dan was aiming for 6 month wait from joining but I think we will get a better feel for timing once the last Nomad 1 batch is completed.

Its certainly undeniable that these are finely crafted pieces of functional art but wait until you actually use one. In terms of portables, this is top 2 for me (with the other being Tubo/Tetra from Lamart). Flavor is on point and its the easiest unregulated device I've ever used.
Thank you very much for your sharing!
I like the Nomad visually. It is small, easily portable outdoors, and removable. And what I find fun is that if a part of the device breaks it easily replaceable ... and as regards the quality of the vape, you only made me even more comfortable in my choice to own a Nomad 2 😁
And I like buying the work of a talented man, a beautiful handcrafted product. Rather than industrial products. It's like food ... there is nothing better than good local products to buy directly from the producer.
The tetra P80 I hope to have it at the next drop. I have already missed it twice unfortunately. Looks like a lottery 😣

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

I'm in line for a Nomad II shortly. Dan has been working away over the summer on the batch and honestly I'm blown away by the thought and engineering that goes into the vape. I have quite a few nice wooden vapes from at least 4 different small made sources - hand made or small scale manufacturing. I like some of them a lot but the difference in so many areas is plain to see. Dan has been sending out updates about every two weeks and they have been super detailed.

I'm super excited for the vape to come once it's ready. So many thoughtful ideas and he is been super communicative and great to work with. I feel very fortunate to be able to get one of his vapes. Once it arrives I'll take some pictures and post updates.

Stay safe.

David

Ripstar

Hi

I'm in line for a Nomad II shortly. Dan has been working away over the summer on the batch and honestly I'm blown away by the thought and engineering that goes into the vape. I have quite a few nice wooden vapes from at least 4 different small made sources - hand made or small scale manufacturing. I like some of them a lot but the difference in so many areas is plain to see. Dan has been sending out updates about every two weeks and they have been super detailed.

I'm super excited for the vape to come once it's ready. So many thoughtful ideas and he is been super communicative and great to work with. I feel very fortunate to be able to get one of his vapes. Once it arrives I'll take some pictures and post updates.

Stay safe.

David
So excited for this process and beautiful vape!

Oden

We have images of nomad 2 with configurations of wood that does not add more money?
I know for my part that I will go to very exotic woods. I want a unique vaporizer that only I have.
But seeing the vaporizer with the simple antlers would be interesting for me.

Oden,

SquirrelMaster

We have images of nomad 2 with configurations of wood that does not add more money?
I know for my part that I will go to very exotic woods. I want a unique vaporizer that only I have.
But seeing the vaporizer with the simple antlers would be interesting for me.
Look him up on Instagram or back in this thread for some pictures of the base wood options, they're somewhere out there.

Between the 3 different areas to choose wood species, the grain of each wood, the button choices and the differences in buttons themselves every device should look pretty unique. I went exotic because thats what really jumps out at me but I'm sure my secondary wood choice (African blackwood) will be very popular I'm guessing because it gives a nice contrast to many woods. Buttons are something else with lichen or precious stones for choices.

Damnit now I'm antsy for my Nomad 2 :lol: and whatever else Dan has coming our way.

Ripstar

@Shit Snacks , haha! Love the enthusiasm for the vape pets... I really can't wait to get something going in that regard. For a long time I have imagined a whole box, basket, chest, desk...etc.. filled with beautiful little vaporart objects. Like vape toys for adults to setup little vape spaces with... setting the mood and helping to enhance the entire experience.

@Jill NYC Your comment about the basket screens really spurred me on to come up with a better solution.
This is exactly what I am talking about! Set and setting!

Ripstar,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom