The Nomad From Morwood

Bdubbdiblets

Tuesday is my birthday...just saying.
Yea me too...:brow:

J/k that's pretty cool though @duff I hope it works out for you!

I am personally currently practicing responding to emails in lightning speed...:drool:

Is it going to come down to who's internet is quickest...:shrug: reminds me of when us vapcappers bust the internet every time Dynavap has a sale!! :whip:Haha

Good luck everyone...

I will get one at some point regardless if I make this round or not. This seems to be more than a vape...it will be part of my family....an heirloom if you will...:love:

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

grokit

well-worn member
I already wrote my response then I sorted the dates and saved as draft. I already made my choices as well, although they could change I feel pretty good about them. Surprisingly, my 'top 3' didn't make it lol.

There are no bad choices here people.

:popcorn:

RelaxedNow

"Rat race!
Oh, it's a disgrace
To see the human-race
In a rat race, rat race!"
- Bob Marley

I'm not happy with this selection method and would have preferred a first in first served queue.

If it was first in first served, I suspect I'd get one in the first batch too (pm'd Dan and received a reply on March 20th, which is weird because the first post in this thread was in April....am I prescient or what??), but then other people would be complaining that they didn't get a shot at it.

I prefer to go with the thought that it's like a lottery in which everybody wins in the end. It's all good.

But I'm gonna be pissed off if I fail to get one. :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For those who can't decide on custom options. Just remember that you don't have to decide by Tuesday. You just have to decide by the payment date of July 21st.

And I will be more than happy to mock up anything you're interested in, so that you can see exactly what it will look like.

@delloy, Google is telling me 1 a.m. for UK. But it could depend where you are in the UK...

I tried to make it a time when the west coasters would be off work (which is were most of my vapes are sent to).

Hopefully, in time, future purchasers will have the benefit of looking at these first 25 Nomads to see all of the unique choices you guys made! You're breaking trail on the frontier.

@nosmoking , The convection modules have definitely been my focus, but concentrates are soon to follow!

Ah thanks @RelaxedNow I got confused at first and though it'd be 11pm for West coasters for some reason, close one lol

Unfortunately 5pm I am still at work and I think we have a Tuesday meeting at that time... I guess I'll just have to be super quick if you're sending right to n the hour, meetings don't usually start exactly on time at least? Oh well either way I'll get on eventually!

little maggie

I still wonder how it will work. Meaning- what if someone sends the email at 7:58. How will Dan figure all this out? It's too complicated for me but then I don't have to figure it out. I'm ok getting mine in the second group for a bit more money. There will be fewer decisions to make.

So trying to be optimistic, does anyone know how many mm the stems are? And is it regulated or unregulated?

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

ZC

Unregulated.

And if they send an email 2 minutes early they're wasting Dan's time, since what you need to do is reply to the email he sends us all.

little maggie

Unregulated.

And if they send an email 2 minutes early they're wasting Dan's time, since what you need to do is reply to the email he sends us all.
I was just thinking that unless calibrated even my computer clock can be off.. Anyway thanks about regulation. I prefer ones that are regulated like the tubo- they seem a bit easier- but I also like the ones I have that aren't like the MVT.

little maggie,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

RelaxedNow

I was just thinking that unless calibrated even my computer clock can be off.. Anyway thanks about regulation. I prefer ones that are regulated like the tubo- they seem a bit easier- but I also like the ones I have that aren't like the MVT.

I agree with everything you said. I'm also looking forward to trying out the Nomad's heater modules, which are "semi-regulated" in a sense, by each being tuned to a specific heating range.

VAPEHUNTER

Ok, I live in Vegas lets look at like a bet. How are my odds? (based on this thread alone)
Since June 30th only 29 different members have posted in this thread.
Just taking a wild guess I'm thinking maybe not all 29 are ready to pull the trigger just yet. Some maybe are but either won't have the cash or haven't kept up on the thread or maybe got Dan's email in their spam folder and might miss the Tuesday dead line. Although only Dan knows for sure how many People are on the preorder list I think we all have a good chance to get in on the first batch of Nomad's.
But still like most of you I will be hovering over my computer palms sweaty and heart racing at the ready to respond to Dan with my copy and paste response in half a second!
Good luck!!!!

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
The alpha/beta testing is a tough one... on one hand I do believe that it can be beneficial to smooth out wrinkles in the design... but on the other hand, I spend so much time vetting the design between myself and friends.. I feel like I have already gone through the those phases in-house.

Have you received feedback from your friends on the performance of the Nomad, i.e., vape quality, that you would be kind enough to share with us at this time? I'm referring to the usual concerns regarding vape taste, coolness, draw resistance, and density. Also, perhaps what you and friends have found in terms of the most efficient grind and packing?

Thanks!

FF

MonkeyTime

Ok, I live in Vegas lets look at like a bet. How are my odds? (based on this thread alone)
Since June 30th only 29 different members have posted in this thread.
Just taking a wild guess I'm thinking maybe not all 29 are ready to pull the trigger just yet. Some maybe are but either won't have the cash or haven't kept up on the thread or maybe got Dan's email in their spam folder and might miss the Tuesday dead line. Although only Dan knows for sure how many People are on the preorder list I think we all have a good chance to get in on the first batch of Nomad's.
But still like most of you I will be hovering over my computer palms sweaty and heart racing at the ready to respond to Dan with my copy and paste response in half a second!
Good luck!!!!

For selfish reasons I would love to agree with you, but I can't help but believe that there's a lot more than 30 that got these initial emails :nod:

Less than a 1000 comments in this thread, over 61,000 views..... and that's just on FC, is he also posting on Reddit?

I'll be honored to be in the first 25 if it happens, I'll be trying with the rest of you! But if it doesn't, I'll be really excited to see all of them, and I'm sure seeing them will make my choices so much easier! I'm feeling the pressure to make this special and do Dan proud!

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I'm in on this too. Have the email so let's see how the lotto goes. I'll be on the trigger Tuesday 8PM.

Normally I'm not excited to add a vape to my collection unless I'm anticipating top shelf performance. With this one I'm not at all concerned. I'm confident this will be more than acceptable and I'm more interested in the artistic value.
This has everything I want and love in a vaporizer. On demand convection. Made of wood with a mix of metal (I like both especially if tastefully blended like this). Modular design that can be updated. Works with 18650's which I have a ton of. Completely customizable with excellent service from a likable guy! What more can you ask for?

About the only thing I could complain about from what I've seen so far would be the 14mm fitting. I'm not a microdoser so a smaller load size doesn't appeal to me but I'll wait and see. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

As far the rest of the design I'm drooling like everyone else here. This thing looks special! Congrats Dan! You are a masterful designer and artist and I can't wait for the privilege of owning this thing of beauty!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I re-read page 26 (again) and found the answer to one of my previous questions:

The air inlet end. I am still playing around with the shape of these air holes... One idea I have is to sandwich a thin perforated metal disc between the brass pin and wood disc.. you can turn this metal disc to adjust the inlet air flow from fully closed to fully open. This will really give you the ability to micro adjust the heating characteristics of each HM.

It's hard to find a single thing that he has not thought about already... Champion! :tup:

PS: page 26 was the biggest reveal IMHO, I invite you all to read it again

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
PS: page 26 was the biggest reveal IMHO, I invite you all to read it again

I agree, a cropped version of this picture in particular was actually my wallpaper on my phone for a while. So beautiful!
YLjrTeB.jpg

Just in case my last post seemed negative I just wanted to add that I do really want one. I should add that like everyone else Im extremely impressessed with Dan's design aesthetic. I will wait until it goes into regular production. Even my wife who is completely uninterested in anything related to vaporizing was impressed. She is Japanese and picked up on the Japanese paper immediately.

duff

Well worn
I will not be practicing such admirable restraint! :)

I'll be out for my birthday dinner with some family. My wife will get frustrated with me as I continuously glance at my phone.

Afterwards, I'll tell her what I was doing and she'll pretend to understand...but that's just her being kind.

Can't wait.

What a joy it has been to watch this develop over the last six months. Constantly impressed with the thought Dan puts into every aspect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom