Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

coolbreeze

Is there anything out there comparable to this?

Somehow, I'd completely missed this product entirely. First I heard of it is when they're shutting down.

And if I were to buy one of these just for kicks, do they work with any bowls or do you pretty much need the proprietary bowls and pipe?
Get both the Neo and the Terp Surfer if you can and the repair kit; screens, silicone sleeves, orings, etc. We can help you find other options but the terp surfer's worth it, it works so well.

martinstraka8282

Get both if you can and the repair kit; screens, silicone sleeves, orings, etc. We can help you find other options but the terp surfer's worth it, it works so well.
Thanks.

I think that's the dilemma I'm having with it. The Terp Surfer is available, and reviews well, but it doesn't jump out as me as what I'd want it for mostly. Most of the other stuff is out of stock including all the glass bowls that initially had my interest. It's very intriguing, but I think I should probably hold off.

Kreator87

I just ordered a repair kit and see they are now sold out. Any chance there will be more available before the cut off or maybe just a few replacement coils or maybe info on what material and gauge the wire is with a video about how to wrap it? I wanted to get another since I have 2 Neos.

Thanks again to Prrl Labs for creating such a great device, hope to see it rise again in the near future!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn just heard the news and came right here, sorry to hear @Black_Prrl I guess you had a good run so congratulations for that impact! Still nothing else quite like this, and so many nice accessories, perhaps that is just not so sustainable with the lack of demand in this industry unfortunately...

Of course I am tempted to finally grab one now, although $120 is reasonable, feels on the higher end for me now currently, if something I don't really need not sure how much I would use...

Yeah I feel like I would have to get the terp surfer too (how to decide between maple and bamboo though lol) although it is only now that I see you finally had come out with these awesome looking crystal bowls, which is exactly what I would have wanted to go with my neo, but they are all sold out now...

Perhaps the titanium setup could work on some other sort of WPA, maybe I could get it custom wood one made or something... More money I don't need to spend lol

--Oh wait I just discovered the additional 20% off... Hmm (damn I also missed that on those concentrate pads that looked so awesome)

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
Sad news, indeed.
Likewise, I am running a Clearance Sale on all Neo Accessories in the CDXX Pipes Shop. 30% Off
Go to CDXX Pipes Shop

Grab a bargain while they last. Pipes, Bowls & CONVECTORIUM.
In the future NEO items will likely be by commission only.

Merry Christmas.
TJ
il_794xN.3815128434_1rq2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Ahh I am still on the fence at the last minute as per usual...

I have not tried bamboo so I'm thinking that could be worthwhile, neutral? Otherwise I would go maple though that is not as exciting...

I'd only tried a shitty convection-based vape that looked like a giant Zippo and I didn't even know that this forum existed. 😂

Oh did you mean conduction based?? Indica vaporizer...? :tup:

So I went ahead and ordered two 20 packs of concentrate pads and the next day I realized I should have probably bought more pads for back-up supply. Went to order and of course they were out...............fast forward to today when my order arrived and what did I find? four 20 packs of pads, double of my original :tup:, and a York Peppermint Patty.

Thanks so much @Black_Prrl ! Know that your customer service is second to none and you folks will be greatly missed. May your future journeys be prosperous.

Ah wow maybe you will share one with me to test?!? :brow::lol:

martinstraka8282

I would at least try and grab a unit tonight, even if you have to Sezzle it 😉. It’s very versatile, that you don’t even need the TS to enjoy it (now that I use it with a dry hook/sherlock I am not concerned at all with not getting the pipe).
How do you seal to a regular bowl? Did you DIY anything to make it work?

martinstraka8282,

coolbreeze

Ahh I am still on the fence at the last minute as per usual...

I have not tried bamboo so I'm thinking that could be worthwhile, neutral? Otherwise I would go maple though that is not as exciting...
I wanted the maple one in the pics! But, I went with the bamboo just 'cause it's different and looks pretty nice. I'd email Mark and ask if he's got a maple with a really nice grain.

coolbreeze

How do you seal to a regular bowl? Did you DIY anything to make it work?
The bowl has to be in the same ballpark size-wise with enough of a round, smooth lip that the silicone sleeve can seal the gaps. It works on a lot of different bowls, some better some worse. You can also try an o-ring with certain bowls. And some common glass adapters it will mate with almost perfectly without either.

Edit: and Bricks, of course. You can use the SBL injector bowl. I like using it to drive my Maxx, it's just awesome.

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

It comes with a little silicon adapter that slides over the glass tip, it makes a seal possible in most cases I have found (although bowls with single hole in the bottom makes a hotspot, better with flat bottom screened bowls).
That comes separate though correct? It was out of stock when I was looking, so assumed it didn't come with one.
The bowl has to be in the same ballpark size-wise with enough of a round, smooth lip that the silicone sleeve can seal the gaps. It works on a lot of different bowls, some better some worse. You can also try an o-ring with certain bowls.
Hmm. I'd written it off yesterday and now I'm back looking again lol. Does the sleeve attach directly to the Neo or sit on the bowl? I assume an o ring would just sit on the bowl sort of thing?

It does sound like something I could potentially finagle with all the stuff in the old vape accessory kit.

Shit Snacks

I would at least try and grab a unit tonight, even if you have to Sezzle it 😉. It’s very versatile, that you don’t even need the TS to enjoy it (now that I use it with a dry hook/sherlock I am not concerned at all with not getting the pipe).

Haha yeah I am fortunate I've never had to use sezzle or anything, not in the consideration, the price is reasonable, but it's just a toy to try... Yeah I would probably use it with glass, but who knows if I have stuff that will fit well, probably with all the variants available, but still likely worth getting the surfer to try with it...?

Yeah I'm just trying to decide if it's worth trying at all, like I have splinters that I use in the same way, I mean I hardly ever use them now, I rely on tetra more through water these days, but like how different would the neo experience be from that? I know there are differences in vapor quality based on the materials and such, heater style etc, but I don't know if there is much value in me buying one in this case (I guess under 100 would be more tempting but still 159 is not bad at all)

I wanted the maple one in the pics! But, I went with the bamboo just 'cause it's different and looks pretty nice. I'd email Mark and ask if he's got a maple with a really nice grain.

Oh I don't actually care about the grain, not really worth asking or going for something special, my one request in the notes when I order would have been to include any spare concentrate pads or a crystal bowl if they can find any left somewhere lol

My primary concern is pure flavor, I know I like maple better than walnut for that, but I am hoping bamboo would be very pure neutral too?? Also because I don't have bamboo like that already...

That comes separate though correct? It was out of stock when I was looking, so assumed it didn't come with one.

Pretty sure it comes with it

Hmm. I'd written it off yesterday and now I'm back looking again lol. Does the sleeve attach directly to the Neo or sit on the bowl? I assume an o ring would just sit on the bowl sort of thing?

The silicone goes over the quartz tip on the neo, o-ring would go around the bowl (like with the surfer)

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Alright, I'm convinced... to sit on the fence longer. But damn is that thing pretty.
I use the Neo with Sticky Bricks or O'Connell stuff, also the @CDXX Pipes IO (I think one of the first Neo pipes he sold) and Convectorium I have are <3 <3 <3. You can get one hit extractions w/the white Neo, some practice, and a proper bowl/piece. Also easy to combust lol

Shit Snacks

also thx for the ember pipe in the last order, that was awesomeee!

Super awesome that they did that! I was just thinking about there beginnings... Can I ask what else you have to compare it to? Like since it is so similar to how I would use my splinter/z 's I am trying to decide if it is worth it, because the heater and shell here are such an unknown for me could they really provide even better vapor quality?? So subjective lol

ProfessionalHandJob

I'd probably buy 10x more Neos if this stayed open till next payday lmao (to give away to folks that haven't vaped)
Super awesome that they did that! I was just thinking about there beginnings... Can I ask what else you have to compare it to? Like since it is so similar to how I would use my splinter/z 's I am trying to decide if it is worth it, because the heater and shell here are such an unknown for me could they really provide even better vapor quality?? So subjective lol
I'm bummed I missed the black Neo and the OG ember 510 lol. I haven't used my splinter z in a while. But always thought of the Neo as a way to use a lot of the butane vapes w/o butane, and almost like a portable B1/Flowerpot before the dewalt one was a thing. @SixStringToker's vid that was posted forever ago of using the Neo w/the Noisy Cricket was what sold me.

I love it for it's versatility, using it to vape with things that wouldn't normally be able to, or so i don't have to use butane w/wood vapes. I've also gifted Neos to folks trying to introduce vaping because I thought it would be an action/ritual they were used to. Seemed to make one of them stick with vaping :-) The other still smokes cigs, so prob no hope there lmao.

Either go for a sipper/taste the herb, or try to get as much in a hit as possible. The Neo can do both, but it does take a bit of practice w/some pieces. Terp Surfer is a great one though for a pipe like experience.

Shit Snacks

I wonder if anyone's ever made a bowl or pipe that uses magnets and the Neo bowl? Buy the ring and screens and you've got the guts, make/buy a stem. It seems like a no-brainer, but I haven't seen it.

Yeah I was thinking about that too, maybe getting the spare, but then decided it wasn't so necessary, since it's all metal and the same as the one that comes with the surfer? But it doesn't have the quartz cup that I imagine I would prefer to use it with... Seems simple to make it drop into a steel lined wood bowl (I forgot how well it works with the butane vapes though too true I never use those anymore so I could again hmmm)

ProfessionalHandJob

Yeah I was thinking about that too, maybe getting the spare, but then decided it wasn't so necessary, since it's all metal and the same as the one that comes with the surfer? But it doesn't have the quartz cup that I imagine I would prefer to use it with... Seems simple to make it drop into a steel lined wood bowl (I forgot how well it works with the butane vapes though too true I never use those anymore so I could again hmmm)
IMO, butane vapes are the primary reason to get a Neo. Esp if you have them already (as I know you do lol).

Otherwise it's a bit of an expensive proposition for folks new to vaping to pick up both off the bat hah

coolbreeze

Yeah, they're just spares, plus the one is dark grey, so a color choice. As soon as they became available though I hoped i'd see something done with them. Didn't occur to me to do it myself. :\

Edit: Just tried it with the O'Connell Infinity bowl and it works with or without the sleeve; maybe a little better with the sleeve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom