• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Oil420FL

I’m a medical user and need to stay in the 350-380 degree range. So any advice on how to how to do that with a Neo (including what bowl to buy if that helps) would be greatly appreciated.

I have no experience with controlling temp by draw speed. (And must confess that I am not a very patient person. For example, combusting just once means I’ll dump a device.) So if your advice to me is that I should just pass on the Neo and get something else, I appreciate that too.

Oil420FL,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I am long overdue for a review of my Neo (black) and serf terper (I mean Terp Surfer, I never get it right, so will stick with TS from here on out).

Pros:
First of all - the flavor in glass is OUTSTANDING.
And once I broke in the TS (getting rid of wood flavor) the taste is also excellent (hard to say if it is “outstanding” because of my own prejudices against anything not glass or ceramic).
Seriously, I cannot say enough positive things about the flavor when I do it right.

Second of all - the heat is not an issue at all with the short path (something I was concerned about before buying the TS)
I am not sure how that is possible, but they managed to do a great job with it.

Thirdly - since I am a regular Vaper, very few vapes (even when new) give me a different signature (high) - this one seems to give me a great high - a bit different than my others, which was a lovely surprise.

My favorite ways to use my Neo is with the TS or with a j-hook and Grav 14mm cup bowl.
Note - when using with Grav cup bowl, I leave the silicon protector on and it envelops the bowl to make for a nice seal. When I use with TS, I remove the silicon and the glass rests perfectly on the o ring for a great seal.

Depending on what you use, the SEAL is the key to getting great clouds/results.

Here are my issues with the Neo:
In general, I am a lazy vaper - one hand, no stirring, no technique or ritual is my favorite way to go.
The Neo obviously takes two hands, so when I am using it - I can’t just leisurely sit back on the couch and puff at will.

I have still not gotten the technique down completely - although 80% of the time I get there.
But I still find I get hot spots and occasionally out-right combustion enough times to hold me back from trying out with other people (all newbies).

When I get hot spots, I tend to have to stir, but actually pretty easy to do with a toothpick without making a huge mess (unlike say a Firefly or Ghost).

Bottom line, the flavor and the signature will keep me loving my Neo and recommending it but because of issues I mentioned, it will probably never be used daily.
There is a great 4/20 sale - if you are looking for FLAVOR and don’t mind working a little for it, this is a fantastic option!

I was also lucky enough to test out a new concentrate pad from Prrl
(please note I am very new to concentrates and the only other vapes I have tries them with are Crafty/Mighty, Pax 3 and X-Max Qomo, so my experience is very limited).
I really enjoyed using the pads in the TS - the flavor was excellent, better than any of the other mentioned vapes (pax3 was a distant 2nd).
I even tried the pad with my Mighty and the flavor was leaps and bounds better with it than the metal concentrate pad.
Plus, the concentrates seem to stay on the pad, nothing leaks out the bottom which means no messy cleanup.
However, I haven’t cleaned them yet, and looks like they aren’t made to be reused, so that makes them disposable. I am not sure how much they will be selling them for - but if cheap enough, I will definitely buy a bunch of them to use with TS and other vapes.

Here is a picture of used ones next to an unused one and the flip side as well.
B9-AD7828-20-F3-46-CF-A230-1-FF817-FA9712.jpg

I know I have more to say about the Neo, but this has taken too long to post, so need to just post already!

just saw this before posting: @Oil420FL post - i think you should create a post in ask FC along with description of exactly what you are looking for to get best recommendations. I personally think this is a vape for people who have time/patience to experiment and refine technique. Out of the box, it may be frustrating for your needs.

edited for clarity.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I am long overdue for a review of my Neo (black) and serf terper (I mean Terp Surfer, I never get it right, so will stick with TS from here on out).

Pros:
First of all - the flavor in glass is OUTSTANDING.
And once I broke in the TS (getting rid of wood flavor) the taste is also excellent (hard to say if it is “outstanding” because of my own prejudices against anything not glass or ceramic).
Seriously, I cannot say enough positive things about the flavor when I do it right.

Second of all - the heat is not an issue at all with the short path (something I was concerned about before buying the TS)
I am not sure how that is possible, but they managed to do a great job with it.

Thirdly - since I am a regular Vaper, very few vapes (even when new) give me a different signature (high) - this one seems to give me a great high - a bit different than my others, which was a lovely surprise.

My favorite ways to use my Neo is with the TS or with a j-hook and Grav 14mm cup bowl.
Note - when using with Grav cup bowl, I leave the silicon protector on and it envelops the bowl to make for a nice seal. When I use with TS, I remove the silicon and the glass rests perfectly on the o ring for a great seal.

Depending on what you use, the SEAL is the key to getting great clouds/results.

Here are my issues with the Neo:
In general, I am a lazy vaper - one hand, no stirring, no technique or ritual is my favorite way to go.
The Neo obviously takes two hands, so when I am using it - I can’t just leisurely sit back on the couch and puff at will.

I have still not gotten the technique down completely - although 80% of the time I get there.
But I still find I get hot spots and occasionally out-right combustion enough times to hold me back from trying out with other people (all newbies).

When I get hot spots, I tend to have to stir, but actually pretty easy to do with a toothpick without making a huge mess (unlike say a Firefly or Ghost).

Bottom line, the flavor and the signature will keep me loving my Neo and recommending it but because of issues I mentioned, it will probably never be used daily.
There is a great 4/20 sale - if you are looking for FLAVOR and don’t mind working a little for it, this is a fantastic option!

I was also lucky enough to test out a new concentrate pad from Prrl
(please note I am very new to concentrates and the only other vapes I have tries them with are Crafty/Mighty, Pax 3 and X-Max Qomo, so my experience is very limited).
I really enjoyed using the pads in the TS - the flavor was excellent, better than any of the other mentioned vapes (pax3 was a distant 2nd).
I even tried the pad with my Mighty and the flavor was leaps and bounds better with it than the metal concentrate pad.
Plus, the concentrates seem to stay on the pad, nothing leaks out the bottom which means no messy cleanup.
However, I haven’t cleaned them yet, and looks like they aren’t made to be reused, so that makes them disposable. I am not sure how much they will be selling them for - but if cheap enough, I will definitely buy a bunch of them to use with TS and other vapes.

Here is a picture of used ones next to an unused one and the flip side as well.
B9-AD7828-20-F3-46-CF-A230-1-FF817-FA9712.jpg

I know I have more to say about the Neo, but this has taken too long to post, so need to just post already!

just saw this before posting: @Oil420FL post - i think you should create a post in ask FC along with description of exactly what you are looking for to get best recommendations. I personally think this is a vape for people who have time/patience to experiment and refine technique. Out of the box, it may be frustrating for your needs.

edited for clarity.
Excellent review and info, thank you for this. Pushed me over the fence finally, been eyeing this one awhile now. Took advantage of the 4/20 sale today.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Thanks @coolbreeze! We'll get that shipped today. For those who are interested, our sale includes:

$50 off all Neos
$30 off all Terp Surfers
$100 off all combos

If you're getting a tax refund, you might consider treating yourself...if you had to pay, well, drown your sorrows with a little treat for yourself. 🚀😎

coolbreeze

Thanks @coolbreeze! We'll get that shipped today. For those who are interested, our sale includes:

$50 off all Neos
$30 off all Terp Surfers
$100 off all combos

If you're getting a tax refund, you might consider treating yourself...if you had to pay, well, drown your sorrows with a little treat for yourself. 🚀😎
Wowee, that was fast! Got the shipping notice already. Looking forward to trying it! Thanks for the quick service!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

$50 off all Neos
$30 off all Terp Surfers
$100 off all combos

Mine is sitting in the mailbox right now. I suddenly came down with the 4/20 flu and cancelled all of my afternoon appointments. How will I possibly spend the rest of the day?

coolbreeze

I ordered from 3 different places Wednesday and the neo won the race! Charging up now, I wasn't expecting anything until next week.
Lucky!! Mine was schedule to arrive tomorrow, then it changed to today, and the the mail came and.... Maybe tomorrow!

Hope you have a blast with it!

coolbreeze

I think this will be my go to pipe for the Neo, a Ceramic Smokeware steamroller, but I may need some help:
IMG-0495.jpg

Ok, it works like a charm, very good fit native, excellent with silicone, decent distance=wonderful flavor and cooling. The bowl is almost straight-sided and parallel and flat bottomed, but it's hand-formed and not perfect. Sides are obviously slippery. I am having screen problems. I have mounted a million screens over the years, but this bastard's got me stumped. I've tried baskets, shaped screens, etc. I have some small glass jack screens on the way.

Does anyone have any helpful ideas? This thing is perfect for the Neo once the screen stays put!

coolbreeze,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I think this will be my go to pipe for the Neo, a Ceramic Smokeware steamroller, but I may need some help:
IMG-0495.jpg

Ok, it works like a charm, very good fit native, excellent with silicone, decent distance=wonderful flavor and cooling. The bowl is almost straight-sided and parallel and flat bottomed, but it's hand-formed and not perfect. Sides are obviously slippery. I am having screen problems. I have mounted a million screens over the years, but this bastard's got me stumped. I've tried baskets, shaped screens, etc. I have some small glass jack screens on the way.

Does anyone have any helpful ideas? This thing is perfect for the Neo once the screen stays put!
Good looking pipe!
Can you show a pic of the oven - may help see it better.

Have you tried this type screen?

The screen was the hardest thing for me as well, which is why I ended up settling with the Grav 14” bowl & TS - screen is built in!

Jill NYC,

coolbreeze

Good looking pipe!
Can you show a pic of the oven - may help see it better.

Have you tried this type screen?

The screen was the hardest thing for me as well, which is why I ended up settling with the Grav 14” bowl & TS - screen is built in!
Thank you! I think it's more sorta almost straight-sided, but thimble-shaped:
IMG-0501.jpg

I will try one of those screens! Ultimately I'd love to find one that sticks in place to make stirring less an ordeal.

coolbreeze,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I am guessing this is too big to fit in there, but if the cap for the TS fit in there, it would also solve the stirring free-for-all.

Jill NYC,

coolbreeze

I am guessing this is too big to fit in there, but if the cap for the TS fit in there, it would also solve the stirring free-for-all.

Thanks again. I'm not sure it would fit, but I will give that a try too!

coolbreeze,

scoobindedoob

Has anyone else noticed a plastic/chemical type of smell coming from the unit? I'm not 100% sure if the fumes are coming through my pipe, but when I use pipes or bubblers where the Neo atomizer is directly in front of my nose, there's an unpleasant fume/odor for sure.

The only other post I could find about this was related to the chimney falling out, but that hasn't happened to my Neo

scoobindedoob,
  • Wow

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Has anyone else noticed a plastic/chemical type of smell coming from the unit? I'm not 100% sure if the fumes are coming through my pipe, but when I use pipes or bubblers where the Neo atomizer is directly in front of my nose, there's an unpleasant fume/odor for sure.

The only other post I could find about this was related to the chimney falling out, but that hasn't happened to my Neo

That should definitely not happen and we do not recommend continuing to use it. Please inspect the battery to make sure there is no plastic residue from the protection tab left. I'm assuming that you also inspected the chimney to make sure it didn't come in contact with any plastics while it was hot. The only other potential source that I can think of would be the circuit board itself.

Please DM with your order # and we'll replace it straight away. I'd like to inspect it and figure out what might be the cause.

Sorry to hear about this!

-Mark

Top Bottom