• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hey, all! We finally got word that the wood decks should be shipped to us by the end of November, so we opened up orders for the Terp Surfer...though they won't be shipping until mid-December so that we can apply the tung oil finish properly. We expect to be able to get these to folks by Christmas.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
@Black_Prrl -
How does that beautiful surfboard do with dissipating the heat? While gorgeous looking, I am hesitant to order because it doesn’t look like it will cool vapor enough for sensitive throats. Curious for any feedback.
thanks!

Each person is different, of course, so it’s a bit hard for me to answer. The Neo keeps the heat pretty low and I’ve never had a problem even when using a WPA bowl as a chillum. Vape pens usually irritate my throat if that’s any indication.

One of the great things about the TS-1 is the efficiency. So, I generally use it at the lowest Neo settings, either one or zero diamonds. The vapor is pretty cool by the time it reaches your lungs at those settings.

Have others experienced it being too hot for their throats?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
As much as I wanted the black Neo, I was pretty happy with the white one, and wasn't sure if I should get one for a different color. I was brought to my senses by an email saying the sale was ending, and of course I needed one in black! I don't know what I was thinking, I buy things all the time because I like the color. I ordered the black, and it's even better than the white one. It's more powerful, for sure. I still use the white one, though I moved the temp up after getting used to the black one. Now I can alternate use, so when one is charging I have one in use. I also leave the silicone seal on the white one, as there are pipes and waterpieces I use that require it, and black is for pieces that don't. I'm very pleased to have both. The black is stunning. My dream is one in cobalt. Then purple. Maybe green.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
As much as I wanted the black Neo, I was pretty happy with the white one, and wasn't sure if I should get one for a different color. I was brought to my senses by an email saying the sale was ending, and of course I needed one in black! I don't know what I was thinking, I buy things all the time because I like the color. I ordered the black, and it's even better than the white one. It's more powerful, for sure. I still use the white one, though I moved the temp up after getting used to the black one. Now I can alternate use, so when one is charging I have one in use. I also leave the silicone seal on the white one, as there are pipes and waterpieces I use that require it, and black is for pieces that don't. I'm very pleased to have both. The black is stunning. My dream is one in cobalt. Then purple. Maybe green.

As you wish... 😌

So glad that you are enjoying the black one! It's definitely more efficient. As for the different colors, right now we're planning on various anodized colors for the titanium ring on the Terp Surfer--gold, cobalt, purple, and green (how'd you know?). Getting colors on the Neo is much more difficult and costly. Of course, if we were selling 50k of them per year, that'd be a different story.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
As you wish... 😌

So glad that you are enjoying the black one! It's definitely more efficient. As for the different colors, right now we're planning on various anodized colors for the titanium ring on the Terp Surfer--gold, cobalt, purple, and green (how'd you know?). Getting colors on the Neo is much more difficult and costly. Of course, if we were selling 50k of them per year, that'd be a different story.
I've already got one for each hand, so I'm good. I will keep an eye out for the colors on the Terp Surfer. I was warned the black was stronger, and it was real warning. This thing is crazy strong. I still love the white one, and don't make me choose, but I'd pick the black one. It's gorgeous, the top looks like hematite. It has it's own little velvet lined carved wooden box that I dropped the foam bed you sent it in in. Every night, Neo gets tucked in. Sounds wacky? You betcha, that's because I'm stoned, stoned, stoned, because of Neo's.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Congrats for starting to sell Teri suffer @Black_Prrl !:tup:
I unable to purchase it due to shipping costs AAND waiting my churchwarden traditional pipe!(bowl diameter is 0.76in,19.5mm)
I wish perfect fit with my neo!🤭

I’d like to ask you about TS-1 parts specs. I would like to know O-ring and glass bowl inside/outside diameters, and bowl depth also.
these diameters should be help for finding pipes for neo I guess. 🧐

I’m enjoying my black neo with disposable pipe!
I told you in the email, I wish key lock feature in next firmware update!:tup:

Zoticus

Leader Of Ted Nerd Nation
I've already got one for each hand, so I'm good. I will keep an eye out for the colors on the Terp Surfer. I was warned the black was stronger, and it was real warning. This thing is crazy strong. I still love the white one, and don't make me choose, but I'd pick the black one. It's gorgeous, the top looks like hematite. It has it's own little velvet lined carved wooden box that I dropped the foam bed you sent it in in. Every night, Neo gets tucked in. Sounds wacky? You betcha, that's because I'm stoned, stoned, stoned, because of Neo's.
If that ain't love then I don't know what love is

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Is it?

Maybe I missed a post explaining the difference(s)? My assumption was that it was only cosmetic or the firmware depending on when it was purchased? :shrug:

Good question... and to be honest, I haven't sorted through all of the physics to be completely satisfied with the explanation for why the black is more efficient than the white. But, it has nothing to do with the firmware at all--just coincidental that we upgraded the firmware at the same time.

In general, a body's behavior with regard to thermal radiation is characterized by how it transmits, absorbs, and reflects the radiation. In this case, the surface treatment of the black zirconia is blocking the transmission of the radiation. The white is more translucent and hence, you can see the glow. I also suspect that the black both absorbs and "dumps" the energy more efficiently. So, not only will its outer surface cool faster, it also dumps the thermal energy back into the air path more efficiently... Any thermal physicists out there want to chime in? 🤓

Qualitatively, I've needed to drop the power setting by at least one diamond to get the same performance. And, others have come to the same conclusion. As an engineer, I'll take experimental evidence over theory any day of the week...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey, all! We finally got word that the wood decks should be shipped to us by the end of November, so we opened up orders for the Terp Surfer...though they won't be shipping until mid-December so that we can apply the tung oil finish properly. We expect to be able to get these to folks by Christmas.

Awesome, glad to see such nice growth here, the black neo seems phenomenal with the extra heat efficiency, and the terp surfer is a true work of art! Wondering if you will be releasing something similarly designed in the future, that will use the same titanium and quartz, but the wood body is instead a WPA with 14/18 mm taper beneath it??

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Awesome, glad to see such nice growth here, the black neo seems phenomenal with the extra heat efficiency, and the terp surfer is a true work of art! Wondering if you will be releasing something similarly designed in the future, that will use the same titanium and quartz, but the wood body is instead a WPA with 14/18 mm taper beneath it??

Indeed. 😎🚀

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Thanks to everyone who has been experimenting with different pipes/set-up’s to make it easier for us late comers. (I am planning on getting one in next month or two)

As the years go on, my throat is getting more sensitive to vapor.
For those of you using a simple setup - is the heat harsh?
Can anyone speak to what seems to work best at keeping heat to a minimum without having to Frankenstein a cumbersome rig?

Also, I have combed though this thread and have a couple dozen open tabs with everyones’ recommendations, so I figured I would list them in one spot to help out any latecomers who don’t want to sift through everything. Some pretty cool options out there!
Some of these are just bowls or adaptors that will still need another piece to set up properly.
And not all of them have been confirmed to work well with the NEO, but if they were confirmed not to work well, I obviously didn’t include in this roundup:

(the ceramic pots and/or stems)

(the Runt and OG mentioned most - the Flip seems to have mixed reviews as awkward to hold)

Edited to remove one that doesn’t work well with NEO.
Thank you, @Jill NYC , for taking the time and trouble of posting this list. I've copied it to refer to while shopping, and it's been helpful to a great degree. You are a gem.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Hey @Black_Prrl , any update on the release of the terp surfer? Christmas is approaching and I could really use a present…

Great news! The final box of TS parts arrived yesterday afternoon... We had a several days of panic when FedEx lost half of the shipment, but the other half had arrived. All parts passed initial inspection and we've begun the finishing process on the wood decks. Depending on how the cure progresses, we should be able to ship orders early next week.

Very excited to get these in your hands!

-Mark

P.S. the walnut below have one coat of finish, while the maple in the pic don't have any finish yet.

TS arrival.JPG

dron19

The walnut has my vote! Look super cool... what is the price point? FC discount code?

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
The walnut has my vote! Look super cool... what is the price point? FC discount code?
Right now it is on sale for $149 (reg $169)
And I got an email that the terp surfer is shipping!
me too!:rockon:

I have had my Black Neo for a week or so now and really enjoying playing with it.
As so many others have said - it’s all about that seal. Once you can find a piece to match well with it - it does an excellent job of pumping out tasty, big clouds - even on level 1.
Will report more when I have terp surfer.

Mr. Me2

My terp surfer arrived! Haven’t taken it for a test drive yet, but soon! I charged up my Neo in anticipation.

Packaging is really nice. Fit and finish also seem really nice. Instructions are lean and assume you’re close to a computer. No biggie!

My one critique out of the box is I wish Prrl Labs included a tamping tool (like is included with the Taffe Bowle). Especially since they instruct tamping after filling and before use.

Looks like it’s gonna be a fun weekend!!!

Top Bottom