• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Munchies Thread

treecityrnd

Anyone seen You Don't Mess With The Zohan with Adam Sandler. Underrated movie IMO.

According to Zohan, hummus can be used for toothpaste, styling hair, putting out fires, a cat-sacking snack, etc. Definately a primary food group!

"What's hummus? Is a very tasty, diarrhea-like substance. It's quite good."

treecityrnd,
Reactions: underdog

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
treecityrnd said:
Anyone seen You Don't Mess With The Zohan with Adam Sandler. Underrated movie IMO.

Hummus can be used for toothpaste, styling hair, putting out fires, a cat-sacking snack, etc. Definately a primary food group!

"What's hummus? Is a very tasty, diarrhea-like substance. It's quite good."
Hummus is my country is some king of pea paste , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickpea ... I think it is this one.. but we use a bulgarian variety..

Abysmal Vapor,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Some of these food items you guys are mentioning are so fattening and unhealthy it seems almost paradoxical to vape for health reasons.
That said I also like chipotle.

jeffp,

stroh

errl enthusiast
who needs healthy eating when you have a ridiculously fast metabolism :p

no but really, i participate in a decent amount of physical activity everyday due to my job and my hobbies, so the more calories, the better :D

stroh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah as you get older you're gonna be forced to curtail this gorging but yeah - we have a diner that delivers til 1am so oftentimes it's very desirous.
It's also the salt - too much salt is really bad for you.
i find that when i have the munchies whatever it is that i'm eating is the best thing ever so maybe if i start off with baby carrots when the munchies hit that would be a most beneficial imbibing session.

jeffp,

stroh

errl enthusiast
sometimes fresh fruits and vegetables are my favorite things to much on! coincidentally i am eating some pretty juicy cantaloupe at the moment which is quite good

stroh,

Aqua

Fruit is fantastic - I like to call it "Nature's Candy".

Munching on a ripe nectarine with some strawberries at the moment

Aqua,

SD_haze

Aqua said:
Fruit is fantastic - I like to call it "Nature's Candy".

Munching on a ripe nectarine with some strawberries at the moment

Fruit is excellent munchies because not only is sweet, its loaded with water to quench dry mouth!

Especially berries.
Berries are low in sugar high in water AND they're the perfect size to snack on.

I love grabbing a bowl of blueberries & eating 'em one at a time with a toothpick.
Definitely take that over any candy (besides good chocolate ;))

SD_haze,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Trader Joe's has delicious trail mix granola bars and their banana-vanilla yogurt is incredible. especially when you're fucked up.

jeffp,

Aqua

Pretty much everything at Trader Joes is incredible, especially when you're fucked up :lol:

My favorite are the mango and cream bars, pure nirvana

Aqua,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Will dried Mangos serve as a potentiator? If so how long before vaping or medibles? My guess is it is different from over-ripe Mangos.

I really love fruit too, dried or fresh no matter.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Abysmal Vapor

Always eat fresh stuff :) .. Its value compared to dried is many times higher.. and that's what you wanna be .. so .

Abysmal Vapor,

SD_haze

I have a fruit smoothie every day.

Nothing more than

1. fruit (at minimum, a banana)
2. ice
3. plain greek yogurt
4. milk

perfect way to start the day

SD_haze,
Greek yogurt is the shit, I eat a ridiculous amount. At least 50 ounces a week all told.

Anyone like Kefir? It's kind of like a drinkable yogurt, but with different and distinct cultures which give it a distinct flavor and may actually be superior for your health. I love the hell out of it.

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

Greeks are buying snails from Bulgaria which carry the bacteria( they can't reproduce while in their not being in their natural environment here) for yoghurt which is traditional around here for the last 1400 years.. They just patented it before our crappy government did... So have my word .. there is nothing like greek yoghurt.. :) Bulgarian yoghurt is so good to japan dudes that they are buy properties and come to live here... only because of this and the beautiful nature... Japan even tried to buy a whole city in Bulgaria.. near the Danube .. for a few billions..
Milk ,Yoghurt and white cheese are know to contain and stimulate amphetamine like substances.. That is how nature hooks babies on their mother's milk .. LOL. So if you are a grown up i would suggest to eat too much of it or you can became addicted.. There are even withdraw effects..
Is Kefir that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayran ?

Abysmal Vapor,
Nah, I try that Ayran stuff from time to time but just find it way too salty. Whenever I check the nutritional information it's like 35% per 8 ounce serving - epic amounts of salt.

This is kefir: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

"Kefir grains are a combination of bacteria and yeasts in a matrix of proteins, lipids, and sugars, and this symbiotic matrix forms "grains" that resemble cauliflower. For this reason, a complex and highly variable community of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts can be found in these grains."

Then there's Lassi, Indian yogurt, which is sometimes mixed with cannabis tinctures to make bhang. Check it out, about halfway down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassi

250px-Bhangshop.jpg

"In Hindu mythology, bhang is associated with Shiva as it is believed that he keeps himself intoxicated with bhang so that the world remains safe from his anger." <----------- Coolest. Religion. Ever.

I think I'm just a big fan of fermented products in general. Yogurt, cheese, BEER, wine, kefir... I just need to try sauerkraut again!

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

:) I 've seen something similar.. in Pakistan.. It was a hashish cafeteria .. They made warm drinks + Hash.. Also had smth that i would call Hash-bhang..

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
charliedontsurf said:
Then there's Lassi, Indian yogurt, which is sometimes mixed with cannabis tinctures to make bhang. Check it out, about halfway down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassi

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Bhangshop.jpg/250px-Bhangshop.jpg

"In Hindu mythology, bhang is associated with Shiva as it is believed that he keeps himself intoxicated with bhang so that the world remains safe from his anger." <----------- Coolest. Religion. Ever.
Oh man, when I went around India in my late teens I used to love those bhang lassis :myday: . Asked for extra strength every time, but they're not too strong. First time I had them was in Varansi and I had loads. I swear to this day my shit came out green the next day, but I was probably still off my head.

And those government shops were great- found them in several of holy cities. I even got given opium from one of those shops- although this one sold just the important ingredients, rather than being a lassi shop. It was just essentially a fully enclosed shed with a tiny hand hole in the front, through which the transaction took place- a bit like an enclosed ticket booth with no glass. I had made friends elsewhere with some Indian dude that took me there because he knew the vendor, so got the man to open the door and let me see inside. There was just enough room for this guy to sit cross legged with a big old set of scales in front of him, a proper sack of weed by his side (not good weed), and this great fuck off lump of really soft squidgy black opium. It was a government shop, but I wasn't allowed to take a picture for some reason. I thought the opium was hash of some kind and so asked about it, only to be told it was opium. He broke off a tiny bit (half a pinkie nail) and got me to stick it in between my cheek and gum :puke: After that my only concern was to find a tea shop to take the taste away, so that was what we did. I take it in good faith it was opium but I can't say I felt particularly effected, although I was smoking so many charas chillums it was a job to know.

Anyway, I wish we had government bhang shops.

WatTyler,

george

Yes i have a smoothie almost everyday too!

Mine go something like this

Banana/Apple/Berries/Mango/Whatever fruit is on hand
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Hempseeds/Cashews
Coconut Milk/Hemp Milk/Tea/or just water
Raw Cacao Powder
Raw Maca Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
Sometimes Agave syrup or Raw honey

Sometimes I add Spirulina, which scares most people because of the appearance/smell but the health benefits are enough for me to get past that.

george,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
george said:
Yes i have a smoothie almost everyday too!

Mine go something like this

Banana/Apple/Berries/Mango/Whatever fruit is on hand
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Hempseeds/Cashews
Coconut Milk/Hemp Milk/Tea/or just water
Raw Cacao Powder
Raw Maca Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
Sometimes Agave syrup or Raw honey

Sometimes I add Spirulina, which scares most people because of the appearance/smell but the health benefits are enough for me to get past that.

George, that's awesome. I'm going to try your recipe. I have maca and spirulina powder and like the effects of both. I used to take a spirulina/ginseng combo in pill form from a company called "light force" - amazing stuff. nothing ive had since ever compared. maca is interesting; it's a very powerful stimulant. the maca i usually get is from this guy in canada, his site is rootofthematter.ca

jeffp,
Top Bottom