The Munchies Thread

stroh

errl enthusiast
post what you're munchin' on!

photo17qu.jpg

two 1/2 lb juicy lucys made with babybel cheese, sauteed onions, and sweet baby ray'sbbq sauce :brow:

stroh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I shouldn't have opened this thread, instant hunger :(

The really sad part is that I only have a bag of Bugles and a can of tuna right now, I need to go get some groceries!

OhTheAgony,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
.stroh. .you. .bastard. :)

I just had grilled strip loin for supper on a new BBQ that a friend put together, but dammit that picture made my stomach rumble.

Tom

tdavie,
No pictures, but homemade barbecue chicken pizza with garden fresh rosemary in huge abundance. Pretty nice!

I cheated with the dough though; trader joe's premade pizza doughs are the shit!

charliedontsurf,

treecityrnd

This thread is cruel and so perfect at the same time. Thanks!

Those carne fries got me thinking...
What I wouldn't give for some street-vendor poutine from Windsor right now. Mmmm, gravy and cheese make everything better. Just ask someone from the Midwest.

treecityrnd,

djonkoman

last night's munchies, already ate one when I made the pic, a simple grilled cheese sandwich
made in a a pan, the best IMO, and in olive oil, with fresh bread and from a block of cheese that's coming near it's end, so the perfect combo
also my entry for today in the pd contest
29li8m8.jpg

ketchup added before eating btw, I used to dip it in the ketchup but now I returned to the way my father always eats grilled cheese sandwich and me too when I was a kid, instead if dipping putting the ketchup on top of it
I like ot better because that way the ketchup first touches the ceiling of my mouth, spreading a ketchup taste troughout my mouth but not overpowering like with dipping when it forst touches your tongue
and my tongue forst goes to the lower piece f bread, then the creamy mlten cheese and only after that will reach the ketchup
so all in all this way the ketchup doesn't overpower the taste and the cheese comes out better

djonkoman,

crawdad

floatin
diggin the thread. i made choc chip cookies last night, no pic sorry but they looked a lot like the following, very warm, very gooey, and i put milk in the freezer for about 25 minutes so i had it nice and cold. YUM

LOjmV.jpg

crawdad,

vapirtoo

Stroh,
Those juicy lucys with the sauce and onions look so good that I can smell them!!!
Makes my vegetarian mouth water. DAMN, DAMN :lol:

My late night munchies are dried mangoes :( good but so sad!

vapirtoo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
djonkoman said:
never had dried mangoes... but mango is delicious :)
The only fruit that is known potentate the effects of THC.. :p What i've read suggested one ripe mango 1 hour before session :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Nycdeisel

Yes, you want at least one OVER ripe mango at least 45 minutes to an hour before using.

Im going to make it a project to photograph the rest of my meals on this vacation that are picture worthy :)

Nycdeisel,

djonkoman

yep I heard it too, trie it once but it was an half-ass attempt, half a mango straight from the supermarket and only waited 15-20 minutes or so, so I didn't really notice a difference
still have to try it again someday

djonkoman,

SD_haze

djonkoman said:
yep I heard it too, trie it once but it was an half-ass attempt, half a mango straight from the supermarket and only waited 15-20 minutes or so, so I didn't really notice a difference
still have to try it again someday
the overripe is what truly matters a lot, straight from the supermarket won't do anything noticeable

if you dont want ripen fruit high cacao % dark chocolate has a similar effect 40-60 mins before smoking. Higher % the more effect (but high % tastes like ass to most people)

SD_haze,

djonkoman

I often eat dark choclate for munchies, dark chocolate is my favorite
just looked at an empty wrapper, it says 'ten minste 45% cacaobestanddelen' (at least 45% cacaocomponents/ingredients)
and often eat it during seshes so also often I vape 45 min. after, never noticed a difference
but strangely, a batch of weedchocolate I made with AVB and dark chocolate has a high instead of stoned effect(at least that's what friends report, they say it's very strong but strangely I myself notice only a very, very slight effect after half a bar while a friend was spacing hard after his half)

djonkoman,

george

Raw Cacao is what you want. It's the "building block" for all things chocolate, in it's purest form. Cacao is known as one the most chemically complex foods and even has some type of cannabinoid in it.

Whole foods or health food stores should usually have one of the following products - Raw Cacao Powder, Raw Cacao "Nibs", or Raw Cacao Beans.

It's a great "drug" on it's own imo, if you wanna call it that.

george,

SD_haze

george said:
Raw Cacao is what you want. It's the "building block" for all things chocolate, in it's purest form. Cacao is known as one the most chemically complex foods and even has some type of cannabinoid in it.

Whole foods or health food stores should usually have one of the following products - Raw Cacao Powder, Raw Cacao "Nibs", or Raw Cacao Beans.

It's no doubt psychoactive.

SD_haze,

djonkoman

george said:

just any regular supermarket has cacao around here, frequently used in baking, it's one of these ingredients I have always somewhere(like pepper, salt, sugar, flower etc)
I've heard of the psychoactive properties before, actually before chocolate was common indians made it into a beverage to use as drug, it came to europe and in italy some nuns made the discovery to mix it with milk and sugar and that was the start of chocolate

djonkoman,
Keep it going on the current discussion, but I just wanted to note that I can't live without hummus. It's a completely integral part of my diet and I eat it multiple times everyday whenever I'm home to use it. My favorite foods are Indian and Pakistani, but I still wish there was hummus there everytime I go!

Right now I'm having some spicy hummus on a piece of pumpkin bolani.

charliedontsurf,

SD_haze

charliedontsurf said:
Keep it going on the current discussion, but I just wanted to note that I can't live without hummus. It's a completely integral part of my diet and I eat it multiple times everyday whenever I'm home to use it. My favorite foods are Indian and Pakistani, but I still wish there was hummus there everytime I go!

Right now I'm having some spicy hummus on a piece of pumpkin bolani.

i have hummus under interests on facebook :lol:
love it in sandwiches & burger

want to buy a food processor so i can start making my own

SD_haze,

djonkoman

what is hummus?
makes me think of humus, wich is the dutch word for that fertile stuff you get when leaves break down(the layer beneath the dead leaves in a forest)
...so that doesn't sound like something I would enjoy eating :p

djonkoman,

stroh

errl enthusiast
djonkoman said:
what is hummus?
makes me think of humus, wich is the dutch word for that fertile stuff you get when leaves break down(the layer beneath the dead leaves in a forest)
...so that doesn't sound like something I would enjoy eating :p

hummus is a middle eastern dish consisting of mashed chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and other spices and herbs such as garlic. it is often used as a dip, its quite tasty

stroh,
Top Bottom