The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I used the stock plastic mp last week but I tried the glass one from PIU this week. I really like the feel of the glass and I think it looks pretty cool :cool: but it seems the plastic 'works' better. The stock mp snaps and stays in place when I use it. The glass is more fiddly. I have to make sure it's pushed in fully every time I move it or it comes out fairly easily. The glass gets noticeably hot towards the end of a session. I'll keep switching back and forth and see what else I learn.
I, too, use the glass mouth piece exclusively. But you are right, it does come out easily when you twist it into place. Since I don't really take my Mighty anywhere, I just don't bother twisting it back when I am done a session. I leave it extended and ready for the next use. Not really a solution for those who need to pack it away to take somewhere, but if you only use it at home, it saves a bit of time and fiddling.

Happy to hear you are enjoying your Mighty!

shredder

My second full week of use, here's what I learned this week.

It's quick and easy to dial in the temps and steps that work best for different strains. Last week's super tasty purple haze liked lower temps with a single boost at the end to finish. This week's earthy sativa prefers more bumping and higher temps.

I used the stock plastic mp last week but I tried the glass one from PIU this week. I really like the feel of the glass and I think it looks pretty cool :cool: but it seems the plastic 'works' better. The stock mp snaps and stays in place when I use it. The glass is more fiddly. I have to make sure it's pushed in fully every time I move it or it comes out fairly easily. The glass gets noticeably hot towards the end of a session. I'll keep switching back and forth and see what else I learn.

I've used the PIU freebie glass wpa a few times now and the Mighty with my Rattlecan is a winner. Big, effortless cool clouds. I filed the adapter but it's still pretty snug and I'm a little nervous about the pressure it's putting on the Mighty. It looks like I'll be ordering the delta3dstudios wpa soon.

If you have a larger water pipe with a big can try your mighty with that pipe as well.

When we use ours with water I bring out a large 16 inch tall pipe and crank up the heat a bit. The mighty heater has no trouble keeping up with big pipes. And the clouds are impressive.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Thanks, I've got a couple options, I'll give a larger piece a try.

I've been running at max temp through water and I enjoy the small size of the rattlecan. It's cool and smooth, I'm just straight lung pulling. I generally have trouble clearing large bongs at the end.

MIGHTYRC.jpg

Last edited:

dodgy_b

Finally have access to concentrates having moved to a legal state.

If I do the sandwich method, a little in between flower and in a capsule, will I still be at risk of the concentrate getting into and under the oven? Have heard horror stories if it melts under the oven screen.

Anyone a fan of the concentrate pad if that's better option?

I'm a touch ocd regarding keeping my vapes clean so maybe I'm better off with a separate device for concentrates? TIA

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Use it upside down on a bong, I just got a pack of 8x caps with pads and they are great for wiping excess rosin off my dab stick after ....a dab. I actually drop the pad/capsule in my IH and melt the oil in a few times to really load it.:evil:
Nice few dense hits at max temp.:tup:

grogazola

What’s going on peeps? :peace:

Is the Mighty battery reliable in your long term experience? I keep hearing the Crafty has issues around 100 hours. Is the Mighty battery reliable enough to last a few years (as only a portable)? I’d rather not rma a device as I dont live in the states...

I picked up a Fierce a month ago and I’m thinking of selling it to fund a Mighty purchase. Recent adopter of plenty and classic and they are spectacular! I’m just one portable away from being a true SB fanboy!

shredder

Is the Mighty battery reliable in your long term experience? I keep hearing the Crafty has issues around 100 hours. Is the Mighty battery reliable enough to last a few years (as only a portable)? I’d rather not rma a device as I dont live in the states...

I picked up a Fierce a month ago and I’m thinking of selling it to fund a Mighty purchase. Recent adopter of plenty and classic and they are spectacular! I’m just one portable away from being a true SB fanboy!

I'm still getting 4-5 bowls on 5 yr old batteries. Batteries aren't the problem. Breaking plastic fins is a problem on older mightys. Especially since s and b offers no solutions expect a slight discount on a trade in.

WakeVape&Bake

used a Mighty from 2017 till a month ago, battery was rock solid for me, never had any dip in performance. and i had the old Mighty without the 20% battery increase.

and don´t forget that if you use it at home you can use the power adaptor

grogazola

I'm still getting 4-5 bowls on 5 yr old batteries. Batteries aren't the problem. Breaking plastic fins is a problem on older mightys. Especially since s and b offers no solutions expect a slight discount on a trade in.

used a Mighty from 2017 till a month ago, battery was rock solid for me, never had any dip in performance. and i had the old Mighty without the 20% battery increase.

and don´t forget that if you use it at home you can use the power adaptor

Thank you! I can’t wait to pick one up!

What are the fins and how do they break off? Sorry for the noob question.

shredder

The fins are the ribs of plastic the mighty is made from. Mine was fine until I started using concentrates at high temps, then in a few months the fins/ribs started chipping and breaking off. Now on my old mighty to get a seal I have to pull down on the top. The tabs broke on one side.

My newer mighty, a year old now, is fine but we don't use it at high temps. So I wouldn't make a habbit of using it for concentrates.

grogazola

The fins are the ribs of plastic the mighty is made from. Mine was fine until I started using concentrates at high temps, then in a few months the fins/ribs started chipping and breaking off. Now on my old mighty to get a seal I have to pull down on the top. The tabs broke on one side.

My newer mighty, a year old now, is fine but we don't use it at high temps. So I wouldn't make a habbit of using it for concentrates.

That’s great to know as I was thinking I was going to use it at higher temps. Will avoid.

Been using my fierce at max temps, but I think I’m selling her on friday to help fund my S-B.A.S.

Where do you draw the line temp wise? Thank you! :peace:

shredder

That’s great to know as I was thinking I was going to use it at higher temps. Will avoid.

Been using my fierce at max temps, but I think I’m selling her on friday to help fund my S-B.A.S.

I don't think it would be a problem with occasional use. On ours we used it exclusively with rosin after I got a rosin press. So after some months of 3-4(sometimes more) bowls a day at 410F the damage started. Until then it was fine. Even now it still works, but it really needs a new body. An option s and b doesn't offer.

BTW I don't know what a safe temperature is. It may be the age of it more than temps, IDK.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La

With all due respect, I ONLY run my Mighty at 210C (max) all the time. I've had mine for three years now (the model right before the 20% battery increase) and mine still looks like new. I don't use other attachments for water or anything else. And I am very careful when I attach and remove my cooling unit. I also only use capsules to keep everything tidy.

Not to say that other users (with more experience than me) haven't had issues with plastic breaking, but mine has had no problems whatsoever. Just treat it like you would any other expensive toy. Again, just my 2 cents worth.

For the record, I wouldn't waste my time trying to use concentrates in the Mighty. It just doesn't get hot enough.

Enjoy your new amazing vaporizer. For herb.

shredder

With all due respect, I ONLY run my Mighty at 210C (max) all the time. I've had mine for three years now (the model right before the 20% battery increase) and mine still looks like new. I don't use other attachments for water or anything else. And I am very careful when I attach and remove my cooling unit. I also only use capsules to keep everything tidy.

Not to say that other users (with more experience than me) haven't had issues with plastic breaking, but mine has had no problems whatsoever. Just treat it like you would any other expensive toy. Again, just my 2 cents worth.

For the record, I wouldn't waste my time trying to use concentrates in the Mighty. It just doesn't get hot enough.

Its your mighty, use it as you see fit. My experience is just that, yours will be yours. Maybe, hopefully, there is now a better grade of plastic.

tdriver

Until then it was fine. Even now it still works, but it really needs a new body. An option s and b doesn't offer.

go get a cheap copy from aliexpress and change the housing.....
that is what i'm gonna do when the time comes. (i may even get one in advance.....)

this idea gave someone in this thread a few pages back. (thank you)
my old mighty broke some fins but had warranty so i got it replaced.
the new one (2 years this month) still is like new.

blackstone

go get a cheap copy from aliexpress and change the housing.....
that is what i'm gonna do when the time comes. (i may even get one in advance.....)

this idea gave someone in this thread a few pages back. (thank you)
my old mighty broke some fins but had warranty so i got it replaced.
the new one (2 years this month) still is like new.

@lokiki, just buy a knock off from DHGate or Aliexpress for $50 and strip it for the body.:myday:
Thank fuck for knockoffs.:2c:

I doubt it will fit, and i seriously doubt, no i actually know that the chinese casing will not perform as good as or better than the original regarding cracking with heat, or in this case even melting/off gassing.
Thats if you can do the swap keeping it intact and a cooling unit actually screws on to it.
Please do not support or recommend supporting these depraved bastards who sell poison shit plastics, forge peoples designs and rip off unsuspecting buyers with tatty, ill fitting, poorly performing rubbish.
It is also contrary to the forum rules to promote buying these items.
And a fire risk.

Please consider giving some money to charity instead, and enjoy your Mighty even with a tiny crack or two!

Hey guys just got my Mighty a few days ago and had a question. Does plugging the unit into the wall take the load completely off the batteries? I want to make the unit last so figured I could just keep it plugged in anytime I use it at home to put no strain on the batteries until I need them for out and about.

It does take the load completely off the batteries.
I recommend following some simple guidelines to give your batteries a good chance. Remember, they're not strict rules, just advice.

Do it when the Mighty battery is full, but before you put the Mighty away or go to bed, vape a bowl to knock a percentage of charge off the top.
You can do it on lower battery, but I advise using charger to heat the vape, then unplugging while in use.
Not a big deal but just an extra cautious step.

Hi OF, when you specify 10% less on a charge, what would be a ballpark way of doing so?
You could cease charging when the last bar is the only one flashing, or a short while after.
Or if you fully charge, then vape bowl to take some charge from the cell.
Bear in mind that manufacturers know this and build some caution into their charging circuit, and OFs additional steps are partly based on the thought that makers might sacrifice some of this caution for more bowls per charge, due to popular demand.
You can also treat batteries with none of these precautions and they will last quite well, probably as the maker took some.

You can do a lot of full temp. and you might only get some cosmetic issue cracks after some years.
I had a Crafty for 2 years and although it was not used as much, I kept the max to 207c instead of 210 and saw no cracks.
The Crafty+ appears to have fully addressed the issue with an improved material.
As a Mighty+ may also do.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It is also contrary to the forum rules to promote buying these items.
Not allowed to link, it would have been deleted if rule-breaking but I only promoted this due to S&B not offering parts and the stories of rubber bands and cable ties holding Mighty vapes together does not sound too health-conscious either.:myday:

You can do a lot of full temp. and you might only get some cosmetic issue cracks after some years.
More than cosmetic when the CU holding tabs eventually break.:2c:

blackstone

the stories of rubber bands and cable ties

I hope niether of you have to suffer anything more than cosmetic cracks or need those measures!
If something happens in warranty 2yrs you are covered, or you might grab a brand new Mighty for €80 out of it.
You're almost guaranteed min. 4 years with a top vape for €93.75 a year, or 26 cents a day.
It has saved me a lot of money and probably misery on "less expensive" vapes anyway over the years.
It has also changed and prolonged my life, maybe it will become cheaper over time and there are already other options, but my expectations have been exceeded so far.

Id like to see a cheap solution for those worst affected but I don't see anything right about this suggestion.
The worst photo of a Mighty casing I ever saw was one of those fakes it was literally dripping off the vape from what I remember, I owned a china clone davinci and experienced, smelled and watched their plastics and rubber tech degrade first hand.
From an environmental POV also I completely disagree with it.

If my Mighty casing ever self destructed like you say before I sell it, I would just build a great, probably home vape with the guts, and so could you!
Surely with great people here like @Ratchett and @dzoinp woodwork products we could come up with better than pumping money into the back alley plastic melting pots of shenzhen!? Yuck!

And the rules here state clearly that promotion of these items is not welcome, and that's for good reason I believe, i never said a rule was broken nor suggested a deletion was necessary.
Have a good weekend!

Edit: Although not the ones I mentioned above, I found some photos in an FC thread that might help with your decisions on paying for fake vaporizers to get the casings.
Pics of the counterfeit for anyone interested. They've gotten quite a bit better since the first ones were rolling out. Still using some red o-rings though.

My awesome grinder and grinder:
IhbYWBF.jpg

Screen came with no protective film and smudged/scratched up:
efrYFtD.jpg

No 3d Mighty sticker on top:
CNwDoEc.jpg

Cracked fin directly out of the box:
wjcUwHV.jpg

Makeup brush instead of normal brush:
AfzGdIz.jpg

Red replacement o-rings for the mouthpiece (which constantly pops off):
FUfs7S4.jpg

Inside chamber:
oUH65Fh.jpg

Took the counterfeit apart before I tossed it so I could maybe see what was causing the burning plastic smell. Really surprised they actually used two batteries I halfway expected one side to just be loaded with lead hahaha.

TQnrJ1n.jpg

JSgBcNN.jpg

Plastic at the bottom of the heater was burning as it heated up it looks like.
lgPS0SN.jpg

Edit: Took apart the heater too. If they would've just used high temp plastic this thing could've been awesome. I did puff on it without inhaling and it produced nice thick vapor. Looks like it uses a heated ceramic rod and also has wires going towards the bowl area that look like they heated the bowl or read it's temp or something. Reminds me of a mini LSV.

Bottom of heater, ceramic rod coming out of the center:
fItRHrQ.jpg

Bowl/center of heater:
09K35tu.jpg

x4ao0yZ.jpg

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Here are mine, no case chipping, never cleaned bowls, 2-3 years

two-mighties.jpg

But, I use the Mighty carefully

Those blue o-rings mate with outer ring of cooling unit. I depress the CU slightly while slowly twisting. The o-rings compress just a bit to allow smoother twist, less stress on plastic. Sorta like carefully twisting on lens of an SLR camera, or opening a child proof cap. Never seen this mentioned in reviews, so maybe I'm weird. Be quiet, Stu

My first S&B portable was a Crafty, and being a joint and pipe user, I instinctively used the CU to rap out the spent bowl. Not good. I yell at Bud the vapecritic on livestreams about this. He does it more, just to annoy me, says a vape should withstand normal use. He may have a point

I use stands, but they are not needed, especially if you use capsules. Have seen a dangerous tip posted in this thread many times and in video reviews -- using the orange pick tool as a kickstand -- terrible idea

I do use capsules exclusively. No other reviewers do. One told me it just transfers the cleaning chore to caps, but I never clean capsules, never clean bowl. However, if you have large hands and/or dexterity issues, I can understand how capsules can be annoying

I don't use screens in cooling units. They accumulate condensed resin, then transfer the stickiness to the capsule lids over time. Annoying. If you overfill caps a bit so herb is snug, very few particles escape capsule lid holes, so CU screen is not needed

I also use an outlet wall timer for charging. Prefer the timer to expire before Mighty is fully charged, for battery health. But different opinions on this as well. It doesn't make me take any extra steps, so why not

Read most of these tips right here in this thread

Baron23

I too run at 385 and then step to 410, always. No damage to fins or case after a few years.

Now, I do not generally use capsules but do top loads w a LP. Still, no degradation.

I rarely do trates in it, but when I do it’s a small amount sandwiched between flower in a cap works very well and no trate mess

blackstone

I was less careful with my RMA replacement, it has done over 2 years of sitting at full temperature for about 5 or 10 minutes at a time.
And it fell over on to books and tv remotes sometimes, that's why I said you might only see cosmetic issues like mine after full temperature use.
Because mine still works great, I'm confident in a used sale I will get back almost 65% of what I paid for the first Mighty almost 5 years ago. Such is the reputation and demand for these vapes.

Before this I used to spend €100 a year on plain, average rolling papers, and about 2500 on cigarettes.
The only way I could lose is if this Mighty injured me badly somehow before I get it sold!

I had also spent over 200 on inferior vapes trying to be smart and outwit the initially scary s&b rrp pricing, such a bad year that was, lesson learned.

Top Bottom