The Lotus Vaporizer

StinKing

Finally got my technique down and I've really started enjoying this thing. Biggest thing I changed that really helped me dial it in was the flame length. I was going too low at first which was giving me hot stems with little vapor. Now I get some really nice rips. The Vapman torch is the one I've settled with and it does a great job.

Opening and stirring the herb between rips is my only gripe. Maybe I'm just messy, but it's hard for me to get a stir in without having herb fall out. Maybe I'm packing too much??

Currently using it with a Macqueen pipe and these guys make a perfect combination.

I've put my most recent Vapefind Lotus into service; it's a high-temp cap with a black ring:
IMG-1381.jpg

Works like a charm, just the same as the most recent standard versions and the Olive ones.

But I actually came to post a really fine piece of glass for the Lotus: the Texas Hot Glass Sherlock Shredder ($150USD). I just got this and among its talents is that it's perfect for both the Lotus and the Vapman. The can's about 4.5 inches tall and it's about 8.5" at the mouthpiece. The modular build lets you use whichever 14mm whip or mouthpiece gets the job done. It's got a 4-slit 'shredder' perc; it cools small vapes really well (handles bigger ones suprisingly well, too) and the flavor is amazing. Can't recommend it enough!

IMG-4915.jpg
Dang, I don't NEED more glass, but she makes some pretty cool stuff for some pretty affordable prices huh...

On another note, while I'm waiting on my Lotus to arrive (please let it show up before August), do y'all think I should buy a new single torch? The only smaller torch I have rn is a quad flame; I was planning on holding the flame farther back and going low/no preheat, does anyone think I'll get good results? I know techniques change a lot from user to user and I've seen at least a couple who use larger torches farther back in the thread, but there seems to have always been a bias towards single flames with the Lotus

coolbreeze

Dang, I don't NEED more glass, but she makes some pretty cool stuff for some pretty affordable prices huh...

On another note, while I'm waiting on my Lotus to arrive (please let it show up before August), do y'all think I should buy a new single torch? The only smaller torch I have rn is a quad flame; I was planning on holding the flame farther back and going low/no preheat, does anyone think I'll get good results? I know techniques change a lot from user to user and I've seen at least a couple who use larger torches farther back in the thread, but there seems to have always been a bias towards single flames with the Lotus
I'd get one just in case the other doesn't work out. Better to learn using the standard gear, then expand. Less likely to overheat it, etc.

fangorn

P.S. Yo, @fangorn how is the eye level to heat plate with that beautiful pipe from TS? Looks like the top of the mp is level with the plate, I think he could probably make one with more of an angle to bring it up, or just a longer glass mid-section.

hey @Arawfish !
Indeed there is no curvature on the Tswoodenart stem but honestly, with the glass stem, which is longer, it is very functional. it is not at all inconvenient to use the lighter.
with the wooden stem, we feel a little more the heat of the flame. I will use it for other vaporizers.
but I see what you mean and indeed, you must be able to ask for the angle to be different for it to be even more practical!

fangorn,
Reactions: Arawfish
I'd get one just in case the other doesn't work out. Better to learn using the standard gear, then expand. Less likely to overheat it, etc.
Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking, plus having a spare torch or two never hurts. Every single torch I've ever owned besides my Blazer Big Shot has eventually broken for seemingly no real reason, so I'd been thinking of grabbing one of these:
https://www.lighterusa.com/products/the-torch-pocket-blazer-lighter-by-blazer?variant=39628560859245

I believe it's supposed to have a direct nozzle without any tubing connecting to the reservoir, so that should help with durability, and I've seen a couple anecdotes of these lasting over a decade. Hopefully mine would last that long too

coolbreeze

Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking, plus having a spare torch or two never hurts. Every single torch I've ever owned besides my Blazer Big Shot has eventually broken for seemingly no real reason, so I'd been thinking of grabbing one of these:
https://www.lighterusa.com/products/the-torch-pocket-blazer-lighter-by-blazer?variant=39628560859245

I believe it's supposed to have a direct nozzle without any tubing connecting to the reservoir, so that should help with durability, and I've seen a couple anecdotes of these lasting over a decade. Hopefully mine would last that long too
That's a great torch but you probably would be better off with a 45 degree torch since you have to aim the flame downward, perpendicular to the plate. Something like the Honest I posted above or the Vapman torch would be easier.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That's a great torch but you probably would be better off with a 45 degree torch since you have to aim the flame downward, perpendicular to the plate. Something like the Honest I posted above or the Vapman torch would be easier.

I have this torch and I love it. It is my favorite torch for using with the Lotus. Highly recommended.

Also great with a VapCap.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is a Jobon. I DID buy it from Lotus/Mendocino when Max recommended it and I have not seen it elsewhere. Says "Classic" on the bottom. While I really like it, it does usually take 2 or 3 seconds to shut down.

I went looking for it, and I did find it with some other names (Zico, Scorch) but nobody seems to have it available...

coolbreeze

It is a Jobon. I DID buy it from Lotus/Mendocino when Max recommended it and I have not seen it elsewhere. Says "Classic" on the bottom. While I really like it, it does usually take 2 or 3 seconds to shut down.
I'm finding that Zico and Scorch both built a version of it (they all look exactly the same) but those appear to be unavailable, too. The little refillable pear-shaped torches are really great as well, but the button on them is hard to push.

Edit: D'oh!

simba

@weedanwine

It's a great torch in general, but I think the minimum flame length is a bit too big for the Lotus. Now I have been mainly using this torch lighter with the Lotus since I got my new one, and then sometimes using my Vector Volt or Vapman torch.

It can be a bit too powerful sometimes, so it's easy to deliver too much heat. That does mean you can get faster hits though, but with added risk of combustion. I've not fully combusted but been on edge a few times.

The last few days I've started using the Vector Volt more, the Dissim torch is great too although I wish the fuel capacity was better.

If anyone knows a way to mod the Pocket Blazer torch to have a smaller flame than the minimum setting on the control, I'd love to hear it!

FYI the Pocket Blazer torch is fine being used upside down until the fuel starts getting low.

Pcloudy

DHL officially got back to me and said a customs person marked it as vape/e juice and sent it back and they are closing the case. Thats what we thought it was all along but they have made it official. Its not like I have the option to ask them how they think I vape liquid nicotine out of that device. Thank you one random person in customs that wants to be an asshole.

coolbreeze

DHL officially got back to me and said a customs person marked it as vape/e juice and sent it back and they are closing the case. Thats what we thought it was all along but they have made it official. Its not like I have the option to ask them how they think I vape liquid nicotine out of that device. Thank you one random person in customs that wants to be an asshole.
Edit: Hopefully they can be resent safely.

Last edited:

warren0728

i’ve had some time to play with the lotus and i really am liking it … i’m using it on a jhook and the vapor is flavorful and pretty cool thanks to the e jhook … i did notice a slight wood taste but got used to it … i have an og lotus with og stem coming and it will be interesting to compare the two

i will say that my avb is a little lighter in color than i’m used to … but the effects have been good!

coolbreeze

so the inner dark blue part of the torch should reach between two of the flower tips and when heating use the inside dark blue flame not the outside light blue flame ... is this the correct place to start?
Exactly. A couple/few seconds of preheat to just about orange and then fan or swirl it tightly. Pulling the torch back or speeding up your draw will cool/slow it significantly.

Mine got sent back too, on the 17th, and according to DHL it still isn't even back in Italy so I doubt I'm getting my unit before the month ends... at least I have a new single flame torch for whenever it finally arrives

CrazyVaper,

eckie

Mine got sent back too, on the 17th, and according to DHL it still isn't even back in Italy so I doubt I'm getting my unit before the month ends... at least I have a new single flame torch for whenever it finally arrives
The email I got in the 13th said they planned to send replacements in about a week. Did that change?

eckie,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I haven’t heard anything since the email either, I’m in no rush and don’t think we should all flood them with questions, but if anyone does reach out let us know what you hear!

eckie

I haven’t heard anything since the email either, I’m in no rush and don’t think we should all flood them with questions, but if anyone does reach out let us know what you hear!
Update went out early this morning:

Hello friends

We would like to give you a little follow up to your lotus orders.
Unfortunately dhl has put the name "vapman" on a certain "risk list" and therefore most of the packages where "vapman" is written somewhere on the invoice are blocked in customs.
Since our company name is also on the lotus orders, this is also the case here.

Thanks to the friendly help of our friends from another european vaporizer company we now have the necessary know how to get the vapman through customs.

Because of the above mentioned problems we will have to switch from dhl to ups.
Since last week we are in contact with ups and our account should be released by the beginning of next week.

Until then we ask you to be patient, we are doing everything we can to get your lotuse done as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

We wish you all a lovely day!

Peace& love

Michael and david

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Update went out early this morning:

Hello friends

We would like to give you a little follow up to your lotus orders.
Unfortunately dhl has put the name "vapman" on a certain "risk list" and therefore most of the packages where "vapman" is written somewhere on the invoice are blocked in customs.
Since our company name is also on the lotus orders, this is also the case here.

Thanks to the friendly help of our friends from another european vaporizer company we now have the necessary know how to get the vapman through customs.

Because of the above mentioned problems we will have to switch from dhl to ups.
Since last week we are in contact with ups and our account should be released by the beginning of next week.

Until then we ask you to be patient, we are doing everything we can to get your lotuse done as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

We wish you all a lovely day!

Peace& love

Michael and david

I've dealt with retail sales and shipping on a professional level enough in the past to know that this type of shit happens, but most of the customers usually won't understand...unfortunately.

As long as they are communicating and doing what they say, and everyone eventually gets their product, then all should be good. The key is that they're communicating with the customers as much as they can, and setting reasonably realistic time-frame updates...which they seem to be doing. So, I wouldn't be too worried.

Top Bottom