The Lotus Vaporizer

ezpz

ETA: As one of the few who didn’t get their Lotus, the boys just sent us out an email apologizing, detailing the issue, and providing a timeline for updates. Perfect handling of the situation, I sure do wish I had mine already, but I am happy to wait and know it is nothing Lotus has done. Sounds like an overzealous customs employee :(

Came here to say the same thing. I was an unlucky one who got stuck with what appears to be an asshole in customs. A++ in the update from vapman. It's much better than the daily text I get from DHL that says "maybe we will have more information tomorrow"
3x. I got the email as well. Gotta thank David and Michael for how quickly they’re resolving the shitty situation. Outstanding CS. :clap:
I don’t mind waiting. Gives me more time to learn the “dos and don’ts” of lotus ownership.

coolbreeze

Sorry to see the DHL fiasco; shipping from Vapman has been so quick and reliable in the past. While I wait, guess I'll practice my windshield wiping:
IMG-4897.jpg

coolbreeze

Is that a purple vapman torch?
It's an Honest torch that came with some brick or another. They used to be ubiquitous but I haven't seen one in awhile. Looks like Sneaky Pete's got them:

or Amazon, 3 for $15:

I haven't used them much but I filled this one to use outside. It's got a good flame strength and the button's a bit easier to push/hold than an Eagle, for example.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My lotus arrived a day or two later than it was supposed to. The status mentioned something about customs forms not being filled out correctly. I guess that's the random reason they picked as it was on its way soon after. I've thing is live to ask is, how important is it for the plate to be flat? My parcel was obviously opened by someone along the way and the spare plate is a little creased and dented, will that effect it's performance? I'm guessing I should email them with a picture...

Btw, sorry for thinking out loud regarding the barkeepers friend, I think I'll still give it a go gently but I understand the hesitance.

Cheebsy,

jbm

Btw, sorry for thinking out loud regarding the barkeepers friend, I think I'll still give it a go gently but I understand the hesitance.
Knowing what I do now I’d say remove the ring and use the barkeepers on the disc separate from the rest of the vape; if it’s assembled, it’s pretty much impossible to keep it from getting down into the space between the ring and the disc (and then the rest of the vape) otherwise. At least in my experience.

jbm,
Reactions: Cheebsy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My parcel was obviously opened by someone along the way and the spare plate is a little creased and dented, will that effect it's performance?
I'm not sure what prep these are getting before shipping, but I would hope they would at least put them between a couple of pieces of cardboard taped together, as they are very thin metal. As I mentioned earlier I ordered a backup from Steven as he was closing shop and he shipped it in a plastic container to avoid damage. I don't know how critical it is for them to be perfectly flat.
Plate2.jpg

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I don't know what was in the package before it was opened, but from my perspective the spare plate was rattling around the bottom of the envelope. It's a little creased and dented.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: 80Sixed

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Some teetotaler in customs was having a grand ol time, probably even bragged about it afterward.

Timps27,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Fwiw mine was unopened but my spare plate did get a little dented up from the screw heads that come out the top of the lotus cap. I’m sure it’ll make 0 difference on the function considering how beat up this og one I have is. (Granted, it’s from 2015, so)

P.S. Yo, @fangorn how is the eye level to heat plate with that beautiful pipe from TS? Looks like the top of the mp is level with the plate, I think he could probably make one with more of an angle to bring it up, or just a longer glass mid-section.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My plate was a little dented as well, probably from the screw on the top-plate, like @Arawfish said above. I suspect some of the damage was due to the packaging.

Admittedly, I was a bit worried when I first saw it arrived in a folded padded envelope that looked a bit chewed up (possibly due to customs opening, or simply due to shipping abuse and being tossed around), rather than a structured box with padding cradling it inside.. I felt a little better when I saw the cork cases in the envelope, but I did notice that the top of the case holding the cap is super thin and flexible. So I could easily see being tossed around in shipping and stacked with other things could cause this damage. These things really should be shipped in a box for what we are paying.

That being said, I don't think that little dent would cause any functional damage either, so I wasn't too worried about it. (But still, c'mon Vapman people...do better here. The shipping packaging was really bad in my personal opinion). But the rest of the device itself still arrived safe and sound. I would like to see the manufacturer make a better wooden case for this, kinda like the one they make for the current vapman.

Anyway, I already damaged it worse by sliding the cork cap off the case sideways with only the replacement hot plate in there, and it caught on the top piece and bent almost 90 degrees across the middle. Not enough to crease it, but it freaked me out. I flattened it back out slowly, and hope that it will be fine.

So yes, I hope that replacements, as well as multi-packs will be available soon, because I'm really loving this so far as I can say, only being the second day. And, I always worry about a vape being discontinued when there is a consumable part like that which could need regular replacement.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I do agree, @Ramahs. The packaging could have been much better. I actually don’t like that glued-together cork packaging. The magnets have already came loose and I’m not even using the thing. Not to mention the binding agent that’s on the cork and having it potentially disintegrate on the device itself, it won’t be long until bits start to fray off.

Arawfish,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I do agree, @Ramahs. The packaging could have been much better. I actually don’t like that glued-together cork packaging. The magnets have already came loose and I’m not even using the thing. Not to mention the binding agent that’s on the cork and having it potentially disintegrate on the device itself, it won’t be long until bits start to fray off.

I like the idea of the cork packaging, but it's clear that it wasn't designed for long term storage, and I'm fine with that. I just consider the cork to be the retail packaging. What I was talking about was the shipping packaging, which was basically just a padded paper envelope.

I strongly suspect that the, what I would consider less structurally protective than it probably should be, shipping packaging could be contributing to a higher number of units damaged in shipping than might have been expected. So, I just think it would worth the cost to them to upgrade to shipping in a box, vs the cost in customer service in fixing issues. But I could very well be wrong.

**Edit**

Ahhh, my lotus flower is beginning to "bloom" with purple and blue colors :smug:

IMG-3778.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I've put my most recent Vapefind Lotus into service; it's a high-temp cap with a black ring:
IMG-1381.jpg

Works like a charm, just the same as the most recent standard versions and the Olive ones.

But I actually came to post a really fine piece of glass for the Lotus: the Texas Hot Glass Sherlock Shredder ($150USD). I just got this and among its talents is that it's perfect for both the Lotus and the Vapman. The can's about 4.5 inches tall and it's about 8.5" at the mouthpiece. The modular build lets you use whichever 14mm whip or mouthpiece gets the job done. It's got a 4-slit 'shredder' perc; it cools small vapes really well (handles bigger ones suprisingly well, too) and the flavor is amazing. Can't recommend it enough!

IMG-4915.jpg

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Agreed, I’ve been running my Proxy in SBL stack on it for a while, and yesterday when I noticed the water in my milkball getting a little funky I swapped the Terp Hammer bowl over to the THG. It handled it fabulously.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
But I actually came to post a really fine piece of glass for the Lotus: the Texas Hot Glass Sherlock Shredder ($150USD). I just got this and among its talents is that it's perfect for both the Lotus and the Vapman. The can's about 4.5 inches tall and it's about 8.5" at the mouthpiece. The modular build lets you use whichever 14mm whip or mouthpiece gets the job done. It's got a 4-slit 'shredder' perc; it cools small vapes really well (handles bigger ones suprisingly well, too) and the flavor is amazing. Can't recommend it enough!

IMG-4915.jpg
I am kicking myself for not picking this up during her 710 sale. Looks awesome!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
"Fortunately" I didn't see it until the sale was over or I probably wouldn't have been able to resist. I have been using mostly bigger pieces lately like the UFO and the Large Inline. The Rattlecan is also a good one for the Lotus, especially when after flavor. And small j-hook combos are also great. This post is from only a couple pages back. The Lotus is an extremely versatile vape...

coolbreeze

"Fortunately" I didn't see it until the sale was over or I probably wouldn't have been able to resist. I have been using mostly bigger pieces lately like the UFO and the Large Inline. The Rattlecan is also a good one for the Lotus, especially when after flavor. And small j-hook combos are also great. This post is from only a couple pages back. The Lotus is an extremely versatile vape...
Yes! the j-hook and ashcatcher is perfect. I've always enjoyed it a lot with the TAG hammerhead sidecar rig (which looks very close in size/volume to your rattlecan) and my Fat Pinky cone rig. The Milkball is awesome with it too, and the THG Sherlock above.

But this Wicked Sands oil rig is the best. I got after I bought my first Lotus cap and could only find a female WPA to use with it. Hands down one of my favorite vaping experiences of all, it's like they were made for each other:
IMG-0540.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am kicking myself for not picking this up during her 710 sale. Looks awesome!
I was so glad @Shit Snacks posted the sale, definitely made me jump on it. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it suited these two vapes, esp the Lotus.
"Fortunately" I didn't see it until the sale was over or I probably wouldn't have been able to resist. I have been using mostly bigger pieces lately like the UFO and the Large Inline.

Looks great for the lotus (I probably should try mine again now that I have so much fun glass for it lol but the thought of the torch use technique just turns me off)

THG does regular sales, I'm sure she will have one again for Labor Day and following holidays... Also she can make that Sherlock shredder with different specs, @jasp3r got one that is slightly taller with the joints slightly higher and I think it looks spectacular, someday I will get one myself too, perhaps with color or fuming...

the_hexx

Team Hash
So I am glad to report that I went from 'meh' to 'wow' after playing around with this for a few days.

After @Zuhdj's suggestion, I went with longer heat-up times; 3 second heat-up doesn't really work with the Vapman torch I'm using. I'm heating until I see a spark on the side of the circle and feel my j-hook getting hot in my hand, then slooooooow draw and the result is a very thick and satisfying hit.

This goes in the gift-that-keeps-on-giving category of vapes. After 2-3 great hits my flower looks almost spent, but it seems that there's more life in it resulting in a couple of more good hits with no pop-corny taste whatsoever.

Oh and the best part is that after a few vigorous heat-ups, the charring on the plate that I mentioned previously is almost gone!

Top Bottom