The Lotus Vaporizer

coolbreeze

So…I got a notice that my shipment was delayed in CVG, and now it says it was returned to the shipper. :(
Anyone else having dhl return to sender? Talking to someone from DHL in an hour to figure out wtf is wrong.
Edit: missed the last post about the same issue
Mine has been returned to Italy, too. I was out of communication for the week but I left someone to watch in case it came (no one came to the door). It was sent back to Italy the next day, after one alleged attempt to deliver. There must be a better way.

freshone1

Mine has been returned to Italy, too. I was out of communication for the week but I left someone to watch in case it came (no one came to the door). It was sent back to Italy the next day, after one alleged attempt to deliver. There must be a better way.
Yea I don't think people would mind if it took a little longer as long as it arrives. I was wondering how DHL got their stuff through customs so quickly, apparently they don't.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Yea I don't think people would mind if it took a little longer as long as it arrives. I was wondering how DHL got their stuff through customs so quickly, apparently they don't.

mine is delayed in shipping somewhere as well. For what we paid for shipping it should have been quicker. My experience with DHL and Couchlog was extremely fast. I kind of expected the same performance here.

by the way my email from dhl with shipping notification gave me a place to sign for leaving it at the door, which I did, but seems it didn’t get that far yet.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Yeah, I had done the pre-auth thing as well as I work a lot and the last thing I wanted was to miss it. Be a pity if that was somehow the source…

coolbreeze

the way my email from dhl with shipping notification gave me a place to sign for leaving it at the door, which I did, but seems it didn’t get that far yet.
Sure, but the turnaround is so fast that if you miss any notices or are away from home you apparently time-out before any arrangements can be made. I love the quick service but it has significant flaws. I was aware that others were receiving shipping notices the previous Friday, I believe, so I asked my neighbor to watch for it, but I was out of town before I got any notification and the timespread between the first notification and the alleged attempt was two days and the return to origin was the third day. I was out of communications for 5 days.

In other words, you have no option to request no-sig delivery until the shipping notice is received and there is apparently one attempted delivery only, and then it is shipped back. Seems unnecessary and costly and almost punitive

Edit: Apologies, I didn't come here to complain. Mine will come. In the meantime, it's fun to see them coming in, especially for folks who haven't gotten to use one before. Loving the pics, too!

Last edited:

Zagala

I am on the lucky end and do feel sorry for friends experiencing delays. I received mine on Friday, earlier than the posted Monday on DHL site. I could not be happier for the opportunity to try over the weekend. First few impressions.
This is my first time owning, holding and using a Lotus vaporizer. Not my first flame powered vape though, I own over a dozen early Dynavaps, a few Vapman, a Terpcicle and a Vaponic. I must say that I have not used any other device since Friday afternoon.
Close to 48 hours later I noticed that I really like the Lotus. It is beautiful, it is easy to use after a short learning curve for me, it delivers tasty hits and effects are very powerful and ease my body pains pleasantly. Definitely one that will compete with my log vapes!

Still getting to know it but so far I like using it with just enough ground material to cover the screen for a couple of hits with or without stir. For a longer session I have found using just a small cut from a nug will give me three first very tasty hits before I stir and get three more hits with stirs in between. I also do the in-between four hits. To stir did not exist in my vaping vocabulary and practice until I started following FC more regularly and it works well with the Lotus, I find.

I have many glass j-hook pieces and i don’t think I am necessary wanting to get the OG Aluminum pipe. I mostly prefer vaping dry/native but I am really liking using the Lotus with some of my glass with water.

@fangorn, thanks for the review and sharing. I was so impressed by your pipe and did reach out for a custom order! Really beautiful. Excited at the many uses with my other devices too. I use my Clubpipe with the Vapman and will try it with the Lotus. Right about the screen. I replaced the screen that came with the Lotus and put one of the screen that works with the metal herb chamber of the Couchlog (I sold my CL but had extra herb chambers that I kept to use with my Logs). It has improved airflow and flavour but I will try other screens as well to see which work best.

I use my trusted single flame “Classic. Fashionable. Durable” HONEST lighter but I have tried some of the other single flame lighters I have around and they work.

Will review more in-depth after more use.

Happy roasting!

Duba

Accessory Maker
Flower power! Cheers.
IMG-20230708-135322.jpg

fangorn

Just got mine delivered. It's very good looking and produce good flavor 😄

But tere's some resin coming out of the wood. Is it supposed to be like this?

it doesn't do that on my unit... not on my first 10 uses anyway...

(I have a similar problem on a custom vapman... so if you get some understanding I'm interested!)

fangorn,
Man, I was originally supposed to get mine on Friday too and was trying to be hopeful it'd arrive today, but the status is now currently on hold for "inspection from a regulatory authority". Never had any problems getting anything else shipped with DHL before, maybe it's to do with the fact that it's a unique/niche vapor device and some of us got unlucky with customs? Sucks for the people who actually had their units sent back....

Tji89

I got this answer from Michael from Lotusvaporizer.

"It looks like you heated your lotus a bit too hard, I see this from the little charring arround the lotus ring. The resin you see is from the wood and is 100% safe. Olive wood tends to do this when heated a lot.

Warm regards
Michael :)"

I went a bit too hard with the flame trying to produce more visible vapor. Still haven't figured the optimal technique

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The flame should stay inside the inner circle. Move the flame point in a circular motion. On my OG units I usually allow that circle to start to turn red though not bright red. I assume the same would work best with the new version.

I really like the look of the olive wood, tho with 2 working Loti I don't expect to be getting another. While I DID buy an extra backup plate (and a second WPA) before Steven left the field, I am glad to know they are available again.

coolbreeze

The flame should stay inside the inner circle. Move the flame point in a circular motion. On my OG units I usually allow that circle to start to turn red though not bright red.
Exactly. Anything outside the concave dot will heat the wood and not the incoming air. Set your flame length to the distance between the petal tips. Preheat to just about orange, and then circle tightly inside the dot. Use breath control to modify hit strength. Tilt it to avoid shutting down your torch.

Last edited:

bridgesoid

Just got mine delivered. It's very good looking and produce good flavor 😄

But tere's some resin coming out of the wood. Is it supposed to be like this?
Hi, long time lotus and vapman user here. On the old version of the Lotus with the high temp cap that is definitely not normal from light use (<100 bowls) if you're using a single flame jet lighter. However in my experience olive wood does tend to char and stain a lot more readily than a lot of other wood types. I love the look, smell and taste of the olive wood, however on my Olivewood Italian vapman I got a black ring above the vapman filter really really quickly.. like 1000% quicker than I did on my original "element" branded swiss vapman, and that was from before Rene introduced the metal heat ring too! In the vapman context it doesn't impact flavour at all though and I very much doubt it will with the lotus either.

There are 2 things I would recommend you do.

1. Perhaps you should also ask MIchael if they are utilising the design of the latest iteration of the high temp cap in the lotus reboot? It looks like the reboot is using the original starburst hotplate to me? These plates were on the original lotus and were great for cashing a bowl using the least amount of butane but wore out much more quickly IME and were no good for concentrates. If it is the OG starburst they are using be sure to get the high temp nickel plate as soon as they offer it, and change it out, it's much more forgiving if you're passing your lotus round with lotus virgins and super awesome for bubble and concentrates.

2. If you have the correct size allen key you might want to, (while being very very gentle with the threads), check what level your plate is tightened down to. Too tight or too loose seemed to expedite charring on the OG starburst place in my experience.

I really think at some point the vapman team should transition over to lathing the saucer cap and the smooth nickel plate design. Outside of better clearance where ground glass joints are close to the main body of a glass piece, (you can use a $4 drop down or pass through adapter to solve this anyway), the smaller diameter cap is simply an inferior design from both a usage and aesthetic perspective in every way. It's only a small amount of extra wood so shouldn't cost that much more to produce. I never use the OG anymore; with the saucer cap stirring is easier and hot metal never touches my fingers or those of vape virgins for that matter ;)

I do want to say though that I am extremely grateful to Michael and David for keeping vapman and now lotus alive. I have no doubt they will refine the design and introduce innovative tools that enhance and diversify the range of experiences available to their customers, just as they did with vapman. Thank you Michael and David! :bowdown:

bridgesoid

I am on the lucky end and do feel sorry for friends experiencing delays. I received mine on Friday, earlier than the posted Monday on DHL site. I could not be happier for the opportunity to try over the weekend. First few impressions.
This is my first time owning, holding and using a Lotus vaporizer. Not my first flame powered vape though, I own over a dozen early Dynavaps, a few Vapman, a Terpcicle and a Vaponic. I must say that I have not used any other device since Friday afternoon.
Close to 48 hours later I noticed that I really like the Lotus. It is beautiful, it is easy to use after a short learning curve for me, it delivers tasty hits and effects are very powerful and ease my body pains pleasantly. Definitely one that will compete with my log vapes!

Still getting to know it but so far I like using it with just enough ground material to cover the screen for a couple of hits with or without stir. For a longer session I have found using just a small cut from a nug will give me three first very tasty hits before I stir and get three more hits with stirs in between. I also do the in-between four hits. To stir did not exist in my vaping vocabulary and practice until I started following FC more regularly and it works well with the Lotus, I find.

I have many glass j-hook pieces and i don’t think I am necessary wanting to get the OG Aluminum pipe. I mostly prefer vaping dry/native but I am really liking using the Lotus with some of my glass with water.

@fangorn, thanks for the review and sharing. I was so impressed by your pipe and did reach out for a custom order! Really beautiful. Excited at the many uses with my other devices too. I use my Clubpipe with the Vapman and will try it with the Lotus. Right about the screen. I replaced the screen that came with the Lotus and put one of the screen that works with the metal herb chamber of the Couchlog (I sold my CL but had extra herb chambers that I kept to use with my Logs). It has improved airflow and flavour but I will try other screens as well to see which work best.

I use my trusted single flame “Classic. Fashionable. Durable” HONEST lighter but I have tried some of the other single flame lighters I have around and they work.

Will review more in-depth after more use.

Happy roasting!
I can't speak to how well the olive wood would hold up to this technique long term but when I'm in a hurry on the saucer version of the lotus with high temp cap fitted I use a cheap quad flame torch lighter that has a head that is adjustable from vertical to 75 degrees for one hit extraction. Looks just like this one https://www.amazon.ca/DOMINOX-Refillable-Lighters-Adjustable-Included/dp/B08SM83N9G
On this torch the outer blue flame presents as joined, like one big blue flame. The tip is exactly the size of the area you would circle with a single flame torch lighter. I hold the lighter so that the outer blue flame is above the actual cap but will still get the circle section of the cap faintly glowing red in a dimly lit room. Preheat to faint red glow for 3-5 seconds and then inhale and lift the torch up and down at 1-1.5 second intervals so the plate is glowing for 1.5 seconds then not glowing 1.5 seconds.. no circling just up and down. This effectively supercharges the heater so that it can keep up with vigorous inhalations in much the same way as larger millimetre coil ball vape does. Medium roast coffee bean coloured ABV with one inhalation. It hits as hard as my TM2 on 9 or 10 with much better (terpier) flavour. The size and mouthpiece style of the piece you're running the lotus through has a amplified impact when using this way as your plate is receiving 4x as much juice as normal. I recommend using a drop down if you have one lying around so you can very easily get instant visual feedback on the vapor thickness the first few bowls. Friends had it down pat in less than 10 bowls. I've been using the saucer cap lotus like this some of the time for 2 years+ and the cap has held up fine.

bridgesoid

Thanks for sharing. I like the up and down and will try.
My pleasure :) For using a traditional single flame there is also a post in this thread from Max Jitter (lotus inventor) where he took some thermal reading of the cap when heated, based on the readings he outlines a revised single flame technique (not circling) that should theoretically provide a more even extraction (less hotspots in the load) I didn't find a massive difference with it but I could probably ride the line for a slightly longer period more consistently using the revised heating technique.

coolbreeze

My pleasure :) For using a traditional single flame there is also a post in this thread from Max Jitter (lotus inventor) where he took some thermal reading of the cap when heated, based on the readings he outlines a revised single flame technique (not circling) that should theoretically provide a more even extraction (less hotspots in the load) I didn't find a massive difference with it but I could probably ride the line for a slightly longer period more consistently using the revised heating technique.
I think I found it:

N3FyF7T.jpg

Aim as shown, sweep the flame like a windshield wiper from that position.
The first part I think is the key but the windshield wiper I gotta try anyhow.

EDIT: I tried both suggestions and they work well for a nice, even roast. :science::tup::rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom