The Lotus Vaporizer

DragĂŁozinho

I placed my orded day 1, no email but I do have shipping info to USA 👍🏼

What kind of cleaning / burnoff you guys planning on doing for this? I was thinking of just running an iso’d q-tip on the bowl, then maybe running the torch on the hotplate for a bit without inhaling… or is that completely unnecessary?

DragĂŁozinho,
Reactions: colgorkan

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I placed my orded day 1, no email but I do have shipping info to USA 👍🏼

What kind of cleaning / burnoff you guys planning on doing for this? I was thinking of just running an iso’d q-tip on the bowl, then maybe running the torch on the hotplate for a bit without inhaling… or is that completely unnecessary?
Iso qtip over the entire metal area for sure.

You don’t have to worry about the plate IMHO. I’d just blow through it a few times before you load it.

Vahn84

hi!! interested in this vape! what's the plan for the og stem? when will it be included in the package?

Vahn84,

Canna Chameleon

No wonder my DHL tracking hasn’t changed since Friday.

dear lotus family,

today we packed the last pre-order, DHL will pick it up tomorrow, should have happened today but the courier didn't come by...

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios
Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
R
No wonder my DHL tracking hasn’t changed since Friday.

dear lotus family,

today we packed the last pre-order, DHL will pick it up tomorrow, should have happened today but the courier didn't come by...

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios
Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
this is funny but, as I am moving from my shopping address to "who knows where" in a couple weeks, I'm in the same boat haha

Zuhdj,

warren0728

mine is supposed to arrive friday too … of course i’m leaving early friday for a mini vacation so i won’t see it til sunday night

warren0728,
Reactions: BigJr48

simba

@weedanwine
Mine arrived just before lunch! Perfect timing, although I've used nearly all lunchtime playing with the Lotus, lucky I can sneak an extra long lunch and have time to eat too 😂

I am loving the cork packaging for the WPA and main unit, feels and works great!

The main unit is looking lovely, and the olive wood patterning 😍

Nice to have the stirrer too. The stir stick on my older Lotus doesn't stay in the hole, and I never bothered to fix it.

Performance is great as expected, no surprises with the function. All in all, absolutely what I expected and wanted, and looks perfect on my original long stem 🙌🏽

I tried to take a video of my first hits, but I forgot to press record so think this is my third hit

Nahojii

I picked up my Lotus today.

I have to be honest, I'm not happy with the lotus I received. The magnets are cracked on the WPA, therefore there's a very weak connection to the Lotus head. And the WPA cork box was glued together with lot's of glue on one side making it impossible to close once opened (the bottom magnet is full of glue all over, so it seems like they put too much around that magnet).

Maybe I had too high expectations but I have had an older Lotus years back that had a much sturdier magnet connection. This new one with the cracked magnets just keeps falling off. I might actually return it (that would be the first time returning any vaping gear). I can post photos later if someone is interested. I was super stoked to use it before actually having it in my hand, now I just put it away with a underwhelming feeling :/

Hopefully this was just my unit. Don't get me wrong, the head of the Lotus is gorgeous, but the overall impression is underwhelming.

Canna Chameleon

I’d be interested in pics. Hopefully just a one off and they will take care of you.

on my OG lotus there is only one magnet on the wpa and it also has a loose magnetic connection to the cap. The OG black stem however has a strong snap in place hold.

I wonder if it’s just the wpa ?

Do you have an OG stem to try?

Last edited:
Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: coolbreeze

fraktal

I picked up my Lotus today.

I have to be honest, I'm not happy with the lotus I received. The magnets are cracked on the WPA, therefore there's a very weak connection to the Lotus head. And the WPA cork box was glued together with lot's of glue on one side making it impossible to close once opened (the bottom magnet is full of glue all over, so it seems like they put too much around that magnet).

Maybe I had too high expectations but I have had an older Lotus years back that had a much sturdier magnet connection. This new one with the cracked magnets just keeps falling off. I might actually return it (that would be the first time returning any vaping gear). I can post photos later if someone is interested. I was super stoked to use it before actually having it in my hand, now I just put it away with a underwhelming feeling :/

Hopefully this was just my unit. Don't get me wrong, the head of the Lotus is gorgeous, but the overall impression is You have to believe that you were unlucky because I ordered two that I received today and I found it to be as well made or even better than the one I have which must be dated eight years. They even added a grid in the head to avoid dirt. At the time I didn't have a box to store it in and there's no glue pad.M

You have to believe that you were unlucky because I ordered two that I received today and I found it to be as well made or even better than the one I have which must be dated eight years. They even added a screen in the head to avoid dirt. At the time I didn't have a box to store it in and there's no glue pad.

colgorkan

The WPAs have always had a weaker magnetic connection than the black stems and contain only one magnet iirc. My guess that this is to prevent pulling the WPA out of the downstem accidentally.

II have one of my WPAs set up in "ultralight" mode for backpacking using only a tail of about 16" (40 cm in non-freedumb units) of super high-end platinum cured silicon tubing (Masterflex) stuck directly onto the male WPA. It is pretty cool to pull out an almost instant, fully-functional, 100% convection vape system that only weighs two ounces (55g) miles from any roads. The torch weight doesn't count because you've gotta carry something to light stuff anyway. The only problem is that it is easy for the cap to come off if you are not really careful. It doesn't affect functionality but you can't just throw it loosely into a pack pocket and expect it to stay together. If I ever come across a suitable magnet I might try and add it to that WPA.

ed-Just checked tracking: Estimated Delivery Date July, 11 2023 - By End of Day. Washington State, USA. Nice.
ed- cm not mm

Last edited:

Nahojii

First of all - the issue is just with the WPA, and only one magnet on the WPA is cracked and slightly deformed. I don't have any of my old Lotus stuff to try it out with. So no stem left (had the slightly longer XL stem back in the day), I was stupid and sold it all years ago. Big regret in retrospect.

Here's a video and photos of my issue/s:

20230706-085709.jpg
20230706-085339.jpg

Last edited:
Nahojii,
  • Wow
Reactions: Ramahs

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
:(. At least it would still work A good iso soak and rinse with water should eliminate any dust that's there. Then you'll have something until it gets replaced

Mine arrived just before lunch! Perfect timing, although I've used nearly all lunchtime playing with the Lotus, lucky I can sneak an extra long lunch and have time to eat too 😂

I am loving the cork packaging for the WPA and main unit, feels and works great!

The main unit is looking lovely, and the olive wood patterning 😍

Nice to have the stirrer too. The stir stick on my older Lotus doesn't stay in the hole, and I never bothered to fix it.

Performance is great as expected, no surprises with the function. All in all, absolutely what I expected and wanted, and looks perfect on my original long stem 🙌🏽

I tried to take a video of my first hits, but I forgot to press record so think this is my third hit

Slightly off-topic, if you like the tune in this video, yall should check out the record Witch Hunt by Wayne Shorter, if you haven't already. Holy cow it's swingin'!

simba

@weedanwine
First of all - the issue is just with the WPA, and only one magnet on the WPA is cracked and slightly deformed. I don't have any of my old Lotus stuff to try it out with. So no stem left (had the slightly longer XL stem back in the day), I was stupid and sold it all years ago. Big regret in retrospect.

I checked my old and new Lotus on the original long stem, and I cannot discern any difference in the magnet strength. On the WPA there's barely any magnetism, again both old and new units are the same.

I've also got some cracking on the WPA magnet, but the cork case magnets are fine and working strongly. I'm probably not going to email them to get it replaced as I never use the Lotus on glass so it's not an issue to me.

simba,

DragĂŁozinho

Still figuring out how to upload pics here via the mobile site, BUT mine came in this AM, and she’s a beaut! Interestingly, I also have a single cracked magnet on my WPA, but it doesn’t seem to be a functional problem. Attaches just fine. The cork cases / magnets on them are fine too.

I noticed when doing a “dry run” without any material, I get a pretty noticeable “wood taste.” This is my first wooden vape. I assume the taste subsides after some use? It’s a pretty pleasant taste, so I wouldn’t be upset if the answer is “no” or “not really.”

Can’t wait to actually use this bad boy later tonight. VERY charming unit so far.

Top Bottom