Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
This is so me right now

GIF by Looney Tunes

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Oooh! Nearly time!
----------------
dear lotus family,

We have almost finished the first lotuses!

We are happy to announce that, if everything goes according to plan, the pre orders will be shipped on Monday.

We would like to thank you again for your support and wish you a nice weekend, we will spend the days with the assembly.

PS: pre orders are open untill Sunday :)

Best regards
Michael and David

3-1lcvZ1ZsuMWe2eWoukeoAO-QuzLkEXSO4Y_iyoED4f2eb9RLiBF0A0mM7EWtPlcxC93GDTl7sATE7EIcJduM5IZv-IH9zooydDZG0mlewTP1UxmxJcvGtAio_zTPr8s0mOEocVRoF_5O3Qb1N7RIPQzpQaNcu63NSDR49yZYwLlPK5ArgoXaWWXdCM-cv8g_K9VkDMn-RRYv2GdOJu1Vqvyp4=s0-d-e1-ft

------------
There's another image in the email I can't seem to get the URL for... Sorry, hopefully someone will rehost somewhere for the thread

Herbalist23

Just out of curiosity, I was expecting the hotplates to be smooth, whithout notches? Wasn't this design changed because of too much tension in the material and therefore earlier cracking?

coolbreeze

Just out of curiosity, I was expecting the hotplates to be smooth, whithout notches? Wasn't this design changed because of too much tension in the material and therefore earlier cracking?
I wasn't aware of that. I thought I read they quit the rays because they thickened the plates and no longer needed the structure to keep the shape? But I think it was presented as conjecture, even concerning the thickness changing.

I remember wanting to try a Lotus back when the only herb vape I had was the OG Dynavap, decided to hop on the pre sale now that they're available again. Not sure how much I'll actually prefer it to modern ball vapes, but it should be a cool collection piece at the very least and I feel like a smaller butane powered unit is a good complement to a powerful coil-driven setup

coolbreeze

I feel like a smaller butane powered unit is a good complement to a powerful coil-driven setup
It's pretty adjustable so I wouldn't be surprised if you use it more than you expect. One thing it's nice for is flavorful convection blasts when you don't have time to preheat the ballvape. It's like keeping a Brick handy for that purpose. It's also easier to use outside than most other manual vapes, I feel, so you can take a convector with you along with your conductor.

Last edited:

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
It's pretty adjustable so I wouldn't be surprised if you use it more than you expect. One thing it's nice for is flavorful convection blasts when you don't have time to preheat the ballvape. It's like keeping Brick handy for that purpose. It's also easier to use outside than most other manual vapes, I feel, so you can take a convector with you along with your conductor.
I’d definitely compare it more to a Brick than a Vapman or a Dynavap.

It’s not close to a ball vape, but it’s much more ritualistic and personal too.

colgorkan

Aahh the lovely Lotus is back. So happy.

We first met in 2014 and haven't bought another vape since. Love them so much I just kept collecting them. If memory serves, I was the first to mod the debris screen (first to post here at least) as I was a trail runner at the time, continuously jostling and shaking a partially loaded/consumed bowl and got tired of having to blow out the caps and the unexpected, seemingly random combustion attributed to debris working its way too close to the heat source, igniting and sucked back down into the bowl. Combustion became an extreme rarity after the change. And life was good.

No regrets on succumbing to temptation but I really didn't need a new Lotus with a mix of seven-ish working vapor caps, three long stems, two short stems, two male and one (unused) female 14mm wpas still in the inventory but I really want to support the re-launch of my favorite vape and hope to sneak at least one into the afterlife when my bell tolls. Olive (she's a she as all Lotii are) just might be the one.

A bit curious about the hotplates. Iirc my first lotus was one of the very earliest smooth version of the plates and have not seen or used the older ridged version. Not sure if I like the aesthetics compared to the smooth version off a photo but we'll see them when we see them. My memory is that they were upgraded to the smooth version in order to improve durability

Please keep the universal compatibility going with the line as all caps stems and wpas in my collection are interchangeable and it is important to me as a customer since the units as a whole are so bomber that they just don't fail or wear out. You keep making them, pay attention to quality control and we'll keep buying them.

I would also request that you offer something along the lines of at least a three-pack of hotplates without the screws or hex keys that is affordable and cheap-to-ship . I go through about two a year on average but they tend to go in waves with usage spread out over so many caps that I'd prefer to buy in “bulk” to reduce shipping costs.

Thank you for reviving this legendary vape. And now we wait......

Top Bottom