The Lotus Vaporizer

mysiak

A bit of a turn-off when in EU there are no custom fees so the price is 110 not 89. In EU taxes are included in the price law says unlike the US. Tax less prices are for wholesale only. It's legal because they add taxes in the cart but kind of a bad surprise. When we buy in other EU shops we have directly the final price. This added to expensive shipping. I guess they don't care with all the hype around it...
Not sure if completely legal, in my experience this is the first European based eshop which doesn't display the correct price when ordering. I was expecting price of 89€ as mentioned in promo material (VAT including, plus shipping). Adding extra 40€ for VAT with shipping, and then another 20-100€ for glass or custom wooden stem/pipe doesn't make it such a good deal anymore. I really wanted to try Lotus and support guys with the pre-order, but at these circumstances I'll just stick with Vapman (which I love).

kokolokokolokon

I think it's the VAT that's normally included in price not custom fees.
In theory it have to be included in price. As you said, it the price would be 110 and not 89

This is strange because it is now from vapman, but it has a different web and you can order a vapman in the vapman web without this taxes.

Another thing about the wpa and the stem version is (if i am not wrong) the stem version have a different bowl and it doesnt need an adapter to use a normal pipe/pipe stem

Edit: the taxes thing seems to be some kind of error in the web since they are asking for PM is their last instagram post

Last edited:
kokolokokolokon,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I'm very interested in the aesthetics of my vapes, I think the lotus just looks better with the stem.
Aesthetics matter! I have the short (5”) black stem and use it exclusively.

The visual weight of the black stem is a great counterbalance to the saucer cap. As a unit, it feels complete in hand. The stem is (was?) machined from a hefty block of aluminum, which provides solid cooling— I’ve twaxed out of it with no issues.

I enjoy the native experience so much, I’m reluctant to try the WPA. Pretty sure the flavor will be (even) better through a hook so don’t want to set myself up for any hard choices down the line. 😉

coolbreeze

Was it a nickel plate that had to be changed? I can't see it being listed in the shop. Hate to order many times for spare parts.
Yes, but you probably won't need to worry about it for awhile. Another user said the other day that they used it heavily daily for 3 years before it needed replaced. It would be interesting to learn what the avg lifespan is, what to watch out for so you know it's due, and even what a ruined one looks like.

Also ordered. Will this work well through a Prophet?
Verified. :science::tup:
IMG-4218.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Wow, really disappointed there's no stem option.

Deal breaker for me as well.
Make me a decent offer in PM and I'll sell you mine. Pretty sure I have the longer one. I think I have only used it a couple times in the almost 10 years I have had it. I much prefer putting it on glass.

If I broke a rule with this post I apologize, but it was more to make a point. :ninja:
Yeah, I'm actually not even interesting in an aluminum stem either ha - I initially thought it was blackwood.
Oh, nevermind then...:wave:

fangorn

ok i screwed up today...
maybe it's because of the power outage that lasted for 2 days in Montreal...
Here I am future owner of a lotus and the vapman custom 39...
I could have sworn that I was done with the VAS....

I think my J-hook and my mini bubbler won't accept the lotus, I'll look for a good option...
and if @Aezhenn can create something (a wooden hammer stem pipe) suitable for the Lotus I will be delighted!!

Vinter

Aesthetics matter! I have the short (5”) black stem and use it exclusively.

The visual weight of the black stem is a great counterbalance to the saucer cap. As a unit, it feels complete in hand. The stem is (was?) machined from a hefty block of aluminum, which provides solid cooling— I’ve twaxed out of it with no issues.

I enjoy the native experience so much, I’m reluctant to try the WPA. Pretty sure the flavor will be (even) better through a hook so don’t want to set myself up for any hard choices down the line. 😉

Yep, kinda looked like a cool wizard pipe, without the black stem it feels a bit underwhelming of a pickup(for me).

Arawfish

Green Thumb
ok i screwed up today...
maybe it's because of the power outage that lasted for 2 days in Montreal...
Here I am future owner of a lotus and the vapman custom 39...
I could have sworn that I was done with the VAS....

I think my J-hook and my mini bubbler won't accept the lotus, I'll look for a good option...
and if @Aezhenn can create something (a wooden hammer stem pipe) suitable for the Lotus I will be delighted!!
Totally! It was the power outage that made your finger slip! You don’t need to explain yourself to us fellow junkies, it’s your wife you gotta get your story straight with! :razz::goon:

Why won’t your current Jhook not work? Angle of the stem too close to the bowl such that the Lotus won’t fit in because of the wood ring?

fangorn

Totally! It was the power outage that made your finger slip! You don’t need to explain yourself to us fellow junkies, it’s your wife you gotta get your story straight with! :razz::goon:

it's so true...!!
I already told him that I'm going to give myself a birthday present 😅
(.....not 3 or 4.....)

Why won’t your current Jhook not work? Angle of the stem too close to the bowl such that the Lotus won’t fit in because of the wood ring?

and yes exactly that... with the angle, it will be too close...

but June is not tomorrow (even if it's after tomorrow!)
it gives me time to find an adapter or another nice piece...
despite the debate on taxes - which I totally understand - it's still an affordable vaporizer... I can spend a few extra dollars to get myself a setup that I really like!!

Dr. G

Old Resident
These times are gone (for new)
I would think so...yeah. I would just like it for comparison and just to have it. I will look. There will always be someone parting with one. Just have to look.

Last edited:
Dr. G,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Yeah i was a little suprised to get charged 40 VAT,since it is also an inside EU sale,hopefully they will clear this up .. Anyway i dont mind being compensated with a few replacement plates, if that is the case.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Your a funny guy.
It is not the very first time I ordered something, it just seemed a little too much, looks like I am not alone in this.
Don’t mind me, I live in Canadaland where it’s not a law to include tax in the listed price. Had to learn myself on how VAT actually works. :peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Don’t mind me, I live in Canadaland where it’s not a law to include tax in the listed price. Had to learn myself on how VAT actually works. :peace:
VAT is not even a thing in the US,they have Sales tax.

Abysmal Vapor,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I’m getting 29€ to ship to Canada, a little spicy yeah.
and then if you get dinged any customs coming in, it’s game over man… haha
haven't pulled the trigger yet

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’m getting 29€ to ship to Canada, a little spicy yeah.
and then if you get dinged any customs coming in, it’s game over man… haha
haven't pulled the trigger yet
It’s $180cad all in…. The import tax shouldn’t be too hefty with the €89 sale price on the manifesto. Might not even ding me with it but DHL never misses a chance to collect. I just shipped a Vapman to a friend in Portugal in exchange for an OG Lotus and guess how much it cost? $50cad.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
looks like I am not alone in this.
You are not!
Was tempted when i heard they were reviving the Lotus, got enthousiastic when i saw the price of €89, even more so because the shop is EU based so didn't even think of taxes. If the price goes up to €133 for EU customers then the €89 is just ridiculous, it's like they are trying to use that low price as bait, hitting you with the tax/shipment hook "mid-bite"....

Not really cool in my book... Made me stop at checkout tbh...
(would rethink if they'd offer the option of adding stuff (like a vapman) when the pre-order Lotus is ready for shipment so it can be shipped as one parcel and the shipping costs goes down a bit)

Anyway: i'm disappointed tbh, feels like a trick and am not a fan of tricks like this...

Arawfish

Green Thumb
You are not!
Was tempted when i heard they were reviving the Lotus, got enthousiastic when i saw the price of €89, even more so because the shop is EU based so didn't even think of taxes. If the price goes up to €133 for EU customers then the €89 is just ridiculous, it's like they are trying to use that low price as bait, hitting you with the tax/shipment hook "mid-bite"....

Not really cool in my book... Made me stop at checkout tbh...
(would rethink if they'd offer the option of adding stuff (like a vapman) when the pre-order Lotus is ready for shipment so it can be shipped as one parcel and the shipping costs goes down a bit)

Anyway: i'm disappointed tbh, feels like a trick and am not a fan of tricks like this...
Now before I go to far and say something completely wrong, especially before we get an explanation from Vapman, This definitely seems like something is up with the way the site is setup? The Vapman site itself runs according to the laws in the EU, so I don’t see why they’d try and intentionally trick people here. Something must be off.

When I see the site I should see €89, and when you view the site it should be that same price but with whatever VAT% is applied for your particular country in the EU, correct? (be it 19- 25% or so) And then shipping on top once that is calculated?

So really you aren’t paying a different price, the site just isn’t showing you the correct initial cost, and is applying the otherwise already applied VAT at a different part of the transaction. We still pay that extra money but we pay it as GST and not directly at purchase like you guys in the EU.

Arawfish,
Top Bottom