• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I wanted to illustrate just HOW overpowered it was! But I just tried mine and for whatever reason it achieved and maintained the size single flame you'd probably want, I'm just leery of my previous experience with it. I've never been able to keep it holding a low, steady flame before.
My mistake. That makes perfect sense and re-reading it now I totally get what you meant.

coolbreeze

Woohoo! Lotus has landed! Thanks once again to George and his crew for finding and putting these out, and for delivering so fast!

I have a question: my new saucer looks different from my old saucer: the new one is slightly thinner with a more pronounced raised center section, under the metal ring. Does anyone know which is older, from when, and if there are any performance or other difference I might expect? My understanding had been that there were newer ones that had a larger saucer with a raised edge, but neither of these fit that description.

Thanks so much and Happy lotus Landing Day, whenever and wherever it becomes yours to celebrate!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Here is my regular Lotus Cap from around 2014 (just after he started using the smooth plate) and my Saucer Cap from 2019. As I said before I picked up a backup WPA, but I also got a backup plate (second) just to cover the bases.
Lotus-Caps.jpg

rollerskater

My WAG is that the older-to-you cap on the left is probably what was being sold as the hi-temp model for a little bit before becoming the standard cap. If so, it would have a ceramic heat sink below the hot plate.

coolbreeze

My WAG is that the older-to-you cap on the left is probably what was being sold as the hi-temp model for a little bit before becoming the standard cap. If so, it would have a ceramic heat sink below the hot plate.
Ah, this would be awesome! So I could in theory expect the newer (older) one to be more sensitive to the torch?

coolbreeze,

rollerskater

Couldn't say for sure lol but that makes sense to me! Iirc the heat sink was introduced cuz caps were getting scorched underneath, which i can confirm - my 2014 cap is like charcoal down there. With the ceramic doing its part to control heat discharge it probably takes a touch longer to get ready? I also seem to remember around that time, word of god changed from "heat til it glows" to "definitely do not do that" haha.

coolbreeze

Couldn't say for sure lol but that makes sense to me! Iirc the heat sink was introduced cuz caps were getting scorched underneath, which i can confirm - my 2014 cap is like charcoal down there. With the ceramic doing its part to control heat discharge it probably takes a touch longer to get ready? I also seem to remember around that time, word of god changed from "heat til it glows" to "definitely do not do that" haha.
Huh. Sounds like I better go find that era in the thread. I always heat it until it glows and I haven't had herb scorching or anything. It seems like I'd get poor results if I went much easier on it. But to clarify, the pre-'14 should be heated until it glows, no? Or is that going too hard, leading to the wood scorching?

coolbreeze,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks, @cybrguy. Are those the original plates? Do you use them a lot?
When I first got my Lotus I struggled with it for a bit until I realized something was wrong with it and sent it in for him to check it out. He found something minor, and when he returned it he had replaced the plate with the new (smooth) design. It became my favorite and most powerful vape and I used it very often (maybe 5 days a week) for a couple years. I never have replaced that plate.
When I got a chance to beta test the Zion I told Ryan what I was looking for was a battery operated vape that hit as hard as the Lotus. He got very close. That's another story...
I have had a lot of vapes since, but the one I keep putting back in my rotation is the Lotus. It just satisfies. It is my desert island vape. The TM and the SplinterZ get the most home use these days, but the Lotus is probably next in line. After getting the Saucer cap I somewhat retired the regular cap as I really appreciated never singeing my fingers on the plate. Hot metal and I are not good friends. I would continue to use the regular cap if I hadn't gotten the saucer, but it solved a little niggle so why not. The only other butane vapes I use a lot are my VapCaps of various flavors. The Lotus never really got out of the house, but the VapCaps did, and do.
I took a side view pic of the 2 caps.
Lotus-Side.jpg

daddy

When I first got my Lotus I struggled with it for a bit until I realized something was wrong with it and sent it in for him to check it out. He found something minor, and when he returned it he had replaced the plate with the new (smooth) design. It became my favorite and most powerful vape and I used it very often (maybe 5 days a week) for a couple years. I never have replaced that plate.
When I got a chance to beta test the Zion I told Ryan what I was looking for was a battery operated vape that hit as hard as the Lotus. He got very close. That's another story...
I have had a lot of vapes since, but the one I keep putting back in my rotation is the Lotus. It just satisfies. It is my desert island vape. The TM and the SplinterZ get the most home use these days, but the Lotus is probably next in line. After getting the Saucer cap I somewhat retired the regular cap as I really appreciated never singeing my fingers on the plate. Hot metal and I are not good friends. I would continue to use the regular cap if I hadn't gotten the saucer, but it solved a little niggle so why not. The only other butane vapes I use a lot are my VapCaps of various flavors. The Lotus never really got out of the house, but the VapCaps did, and do.
Lotus-Side.jpg
Is the saucer the most recent model? How many iterations are there for this vape.

daddy,

coolbreeze

Lotus-Side.jpg
Thanks for your reply. So it seems like the plates are indeed durable barring injury.
It just satisfies.
: )

Thanks for the pics, I do remember the (actual) saucer being released, and I think I recall coming across the High-temp cap but I don't think I had seen one or realized it was the new standard, and indeed had forgotten all about it.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: cybrguy

drbadass

Lotus-Side.jpg
ok so am I reading this correctly..left one is the older design, right one is newer with the high temp plate?

drbadass,

coolbreeze

ok so am I reading this correctly..left one is the older design, right one is newer with the high temp plate?
In my pics, the Hi-temp one is on the left, the '14 is on the right. Here the '14 is on the left and the newer, finger-safe saucer is on the right. I'm not sure which of mine is the newer model, but I assume it's the hi-temp orange one.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: drbadass

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I have a question: my new saucer looks different from my old saucer: the new one is slightly thinner.
At the risk of suggesting the obvious, did you check with Vapefiend?

The fact that this is their 2nd dead stock drop this year doesn’t say great things about their inventory practices, but they may well have the purchase order on file.

coolbreeze

With the ceramic doing its part to control heat discharge it probably takes a touch longer to get ready?
Ok, I couldn't resist and had to try out the new (thinner) one. Preliminary report: it's a little more aggressive. It seems to heat quicker and fully roast a bowl without much effort. Maybe it's easier to push too far, too, but I've hit it pretty hard without any char. I'm really pleased with the initial impression. There may be the barest wood flavor or "newness" but I hope that will season out. I think I'll use it sparingly and enjoy the one I've had until I can figure out whether or not the thicker one has ceramic protecting it and adjust accordingly.

As far as the short stem is concerned, I like it fine! I haven't used the longer stem much, I usually go through water (or glass). I think I could tell the difference between the two stems but it doesn't seem drastic; they're much more alike than I thought. Maybe I'll use the lighter short one for hiking.

For the first-timers, I think you'll be really happy, it's awesome gear! Ho, ho, ho! and to all a good night!

Edit: Oh! One bug--the thinner cap doesn't stick to the WPA. It seems that it's not as deep as on the thicker one and the cap rests on the bowl's rim, rather than on the surface of the magnet. Doesn't seem to affect performance. Don't invert your bong and it ought to stay in place.

Last edited:

colgorkan

Sounds like the debris screen might have settled a bit too shallow keeping the bowl from fully inserting? Maybe? My WPAs also only have a single magnet vs two on the aluminum stems and never stick as well.

Warms my heart seeing all these baby Lotii find their homes.

coolbreeze

Sounds like the debris screen might have settled a bit too shallow keeping the bowl from fully inserting? Maybe? My WPAs also only have a single magnet vs two on the aluminum stems and never stick as well.
Ah, thanks! I bet that's it. I'll give it a look.

coolbreeze,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Lotus-Side.jpg
can't believe you just scored a new saucer cap!

Congrats to all the new owners!

Top Bottom