• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
That's awesome thanks Max, you will be seeing my order pop up very shortly!
That Video by Mmmmm...Linda! and your wonderful extension of the discount has me proper sold!

EDIT: Ordered & Paid for.... excitement pending

psyshaman,

guardian

theres several cloud making vids of the lotus that are public atm on youtube more usage then explaining as most of us fc members know how it works :) search "lotus vaporizer" and their in the top results :cool: some pretty legit hits dunno why they didnt post here... everyone seems to be WAYY overpacking the bowl but still no signs of scorching. enough evidence that my old vaporstar needs replacing by a lotus :peace: edit: i was refeering towards ur vids spacenstein but i didnt want to post a direct link without permission :2c: as for the bowl in comparison to the vaporstar the bowls are almost the same the lotus's is slightly smaller and the heat exhanger has some space between it with the VS the heater sits lower so its very prone to scorching compared to the lotus i was just referring i cant put that much in my device and not have things go up in smoke :ko:

guardian,

gvape

I tried using this vape again tonight after its been sitting a while. Its nice to use and I love that it feels like Im hitting a pipe, but I just dont seem to care for the process much of heating the plate. I feel my other vapes are much easier to use. Probably one of my least used vapes right now. Although, it did work great for bubble hash :)

gvape,

Spacenstein

guardian said:
theres several cloud making vids of the lotus that are public atm on youtube more usage then explaining as most of us fc members know how it works :) search "lotus vaporizer" and their in the top results :cool: some pretty legit hits dunno why they didnt post here... everyone seems to be WAYY overpacking the bowl but still no signs of scorching. enough evidence that my old vaporstar needs replacing by a lotus :peace:

I think three of those videos are mine. Go to: www.youtube.com/Spacenstein

If you are still regarding to me, when mentioning over packed bowls, I don't believe I over packed in any of the videos I uploaded. I weighed out .03gs of plant matter and ended up packing maybe 5/6ths of the herb into the bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C9Wb_3ZmvQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8wzXwxA1U

FWIW, in the videos listed above, I used the grinder card available @ www.LotusVaporizer.com

In the video where I don't grind, I'm guessing I also used around .025gs. (The nug looks rather large on camera) If you put .04gs (unground nug) in the bowl, you would be more likely to get 8 solid hits. (In the video I don't show all of the hits I could possibly get for cloud/time purpose.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdggZ8yWUNk

Also, if I can jump back to over packing bowls.. The Lotus does great even when packed with .1gs, if possible .18gs. (Not sure, but I expect that ThusSpakeLinda was using around this much)

-Space

Spacenstein,

sunsett70

@spacestein, thanks for the vids!

Just got my lotus (clean air) vaporizer 2 days ago, and it is a fantastic portable vape. i got the lotus as i wanted a simple, portable and convenient to use vape with occasional stealth.

The Lotus uses butane torch but is enclosed, so you don't inhale any butane. it's got weight, is sturdy and feels like a premium product. just nice to hold and use. the magnetic top is so convenient to use (no screwing on/off) when you empty/refill the bowl and the 'stickiness' is good so except for a hard knock, it won't dislodge easily.

as a dbv owner, i use the dome screen mod when i want small hits but the lotus allows me to use even less herb, ridiculous! some people prefer taking big hits after big hits and continuing on, so maybe this vaporizer is not for them. the way it's built, i don't even have to cover the whole screen. and the bowl is small so you're 'forced' to use less herb, so don't expect to get da buddha sized hits but the lotus hits are really nice, and effective. and this is a vape that extracts quickly. basically a good 2-4 hitter per bowl (even 1 hit depends on your bowl load and pull technique), for one, maybe 2 people. and real easy to clean.

I like the overall 'pipe'ness of the Lotus and how when you hit it, it's not like breathing air; there's a smooth drag that makes it feel really 'pipish'. i didn't like battery usage cause i prefer torch use, so yeah, you gotta get quality filtered butane (otherwise the torch will 'jam' after awhile) but small expenditure i feel.

and maybe not stealthy like a mflb, but i vape in my house and only occasionally in public, like when i go to the cinema i'd just vape in the boys' room first, so no prob. If you wanna use the vape mostly in public, then maybe the mflb could work better. But for anyone looking for a fun, aesthetically pleasing, efficient & simple to use butane-based portable, the Lotus is a good choice.

p/s - so far for cleaning, i'd just have to use a brush for a fast sweep of the screen or hot boiling water to clean the stem. but how do you get the screen off, seems pretty tight.

Egzoset

Banned
Hey SpacenStein!

I think video #3 is better because you have a "baby face" and it doesn't show up too much in that later sample.

In my opinion lots of people are not comfortable with videos featuring teenagers consuming cannabis under the legal age of majority (18 in my country) and i suppose you could say i'm one of them. That's why i vote for your 3rd release i guess.

I hope this doesn't sound like i'm trying to offend.

:peace:

Egzoset,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sunsett70 said:
Just got my lotus (clean air) vaporizer 2 days ago, and it is a fantastic portable vape. i got the lotus as i wanted a simple, portable and convenient to use vape with occasional stealth.

The Lotus uses butane torch but is enclosed, so you don't inhale any butane. it's got weight, is sturdy and feels like a premium product. just nice to hold and use. the magnetic top is so convenient to use (no screwing on/off) when you empty/refill the bowl and the 'stickiness' is good so except for a hard knock, it won't dislodge easily.

as a dbv owner, i use the dome screen mod when i want small hits but the lotus allows me to use even less herb, ridiculous! some people prefer taking big hits after big hits and continuing on, so maybe this vaporizer is not for them. the way it's built, i don't even have to cover the whole screen. and the bowl is small so you're 'forced' to use less herb, so don't expect to get da buddha sized hits but the lotus hits are really nice, and effective. and this is a vape that extracts quickly. basically a good 2-4 hitter per bowl (even 1 hit depends on your bowl load and pull technique), for one, maybe 2 people. and real easy to clean.

I like the overall 'pipe'ness of the Lotus and how when you hit it, it's not like breathing air; there's a smooth drag that makes it feel really 'pipish'. i didn't like battery usage cause i prefer torch use, so yeah, you gotta get quality filtered butane (otherwise the torch will 'jam' after awhile) but small expenditure i feel.

I have two questions for you:
1) Do you write advertising copy for a living?
2) Can I quote you on our website?
Really, thanks for the good words. I'm glad you're likin' the Lotus.
The screen is a bit oversized so it won't fall out. The best way to get it out is with a thin bladed Exacto knife, prying it from the edge.

David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

sunsett70

Max Jitter said:
I have two questions for you:
1) Do you write advertising copy for a living?
2) Can I quote you on our website?
Really, thanks for the good words. I'm glad you're likin' the Lotus.
The screen is a bit oversized so it won't fall out. The best way to get it out is with a thin bladed Exacto knife, prying it from the edge.

no max, i'm not an ad copywriter; just motivated to tell the truth cause i was product testin' the Lotus the whole day! so thanks for making a wonderful vape. maybe my imagination at play but i feel more refined when i use the Lotus ;) yes please, quote me if you want to. and make adjustment for any grammatical error if you feel it's needed (like when i wrote "even 1 hit depends on your bowl load and pull technique" which should instead read "even a one hitter, depending on your bowl load and pull technique". cheers!

p/s - at certain angles, the Lotus resembles the federation starship USS Enterprise, except without the warp nacelles. I can almost hear Kirk say "lock phasers on target, stand by photon torpedoes!".

sunsett70,
sunset great review. Funny because I use my lotus wp adapter with my dbv and see great results; very similar to the dome screen mod.

Can anyone tell me the size of the screen in the water pipe adapter? I assume all lotus screens are the same size.

P.S. cleaned my screen and saw huge increase in ease of use. Who would have thoughts that little bit of residue would such negatively influenced the vaporizer.

biojuggernaut,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
Can anyone tell me the size of the screen in the water pipe adapter? I assume all lotus screens are the same size.
You are right. All the Lotus screens are the same size, just over 1/2 inch in diameter.

David and Michael,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
Max do you think I should pick up a couple of these the next time I make a trip to my head shop?
We have gotten reports that the screens clog more often than those on other vaporizers, so it would probably be a good idea.
You could also try vaporizing with an empty bowl to clean the screen.
We are offering 2 free screens to anyone mailing a stamped, self-addressed envelope to us.

Mendocino Therapeutics
PO Box 2799
Ukiah, CA 95482

dlownaughtysauce

I've had mine for a few days now. I will say that this vaporizer packs a punch. When I first got it I combusted and then each session later I got better at hitting it. Now, I am getting pure vapor most of the time. words of advice: take a hardy inhale. This is not the MFLB. This vape was designed to be hit hard and if you do you'll get dense vapor. If you don't, you'll combust. Copy spacesteins video where he puts a solid nug into the bowl and you will be L-I-T my friends. I find I can get 4 or 5 hits off one bowl using this method.

The main thing that concerns me is how intense the high is with each vaporizer I use. This thing rings my bell. The bowl is tiny so I run through about 3 bowls per session. It's not as powerful as my Supreme or VHW, but it can hang. I find myself getting shockingly high with this little pipe.

also, as others have said don't overload the bowl. No more than half, ever. Every time I go over I combust.

as far as taste goes, I could see how the taste could be good. The problem is that this vaporizer has a screen that clogs every few sessions. I for one don't own a vape that I have to clean regularly. So this is something new. I suppose you can replace the screen or soak the pipe in alcohol? I am way too lazy to soak anything more than once a month, so what I have been doing is firing the torch right at it. I tried to just vape the material off the screen normally, but it didn't get it. Torching it works pretty well and the path opens up. But this destroys the taste. I expect more maintenance with the lotus than with my other vaporizers.

The taste can also get smokey easily because it is very easy to combust with this pipe. This can be overcome, but you will always need to be conscious of how you hit the lotus. I find myself getting blitzkrieged sitting around perfecting my technique!

I also got the water pipe adaptor with it. This thing works great hooked to a binger because it is designed to be hit hard. Clouds of vapor, kids. Used this way the lotus becomes more of a one-hitter device, imo.

One of the main draws for me was vaping hash on the go. The lotus delivers in this department as well. I was walking down the street blowing DENSE clouds of hash vapor today. It's really pretty awesome.

all in all, I would give it a 4/5 in the vapor potency department. it cost me $179.70 to get it to my door. So, it better produce. This is not the vapor genie and puts many portables to shame. I would recommend it to anyone who is set on getting a portable vaporizer but doesn't really feel like sacrificing vapor density and potency. This luxury will cost you, but it's well worth it. It is understandable however, to be aware of the price and to compare the lotus with price equivalent products. Fortunately for the lotus, it can produce vapor on par with the more expensive vaporizers.

cheers-

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

bigsnack

Will the top of this work on a $4 water pipe with a metal bowl(standard size I think), with the ability to screw something onto the bowl?

bigsnack,
Absolutely not. A vaporgenie top would.

The Lotus uses magnets to attach the top to the body, not a screw-on system. It also removes combusted butane from the airpath, unlike the vaporgenie design.

charliedontsurf,
I want to say thanks to everyone for the reviews. I was looking for a vape recently and decided I wanted something more like an improved Vapor Genie over a MFLB... I've had both in years past and didn't enjoy the output of the MFLB, and the VG worked alright but was not really clean.

I read about the Lotus here and really liked the design so I went for it. I'm glad I did! This thing works really well once you get the hang of it. Only problems encountered so far are regarding the bowl: it is small and it gets clogged easily. These are not huge issues but certainly hang ups. I'll manage though!

I give it a 4.5 / 5... Very good! If there was a model with a wider bowl, it'd be a 5 for sure.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
30k lb bananas said:
Only problems encountered so far are regarding the bowl: it is small and it gets clogged easily.
We are going to have more open screens on the Lotus very soon, which should get rid of the clogging problem. Anyone who wants the new screens can send us a stamped, self addressed envelope and we will send 2 of them to you as freebies.
Send the envelopes to
Mendocino Therapeutics LLC
PO Box 2799
Ukiah, CA 95482

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
David and Michael,
Max I've had my lotus for awhile now. I would say its safe to assume I know the learning curve but is there any way to cut down on the flash points that occur that sometimes cause combustion? Its very hard to judge how close you are to roasting the bowl with the water pipe because the vapor is thinner; regardless though my question is this:

Can i add silicon orings to increase the height or do you think this is useless because I'll still be aiming for that "full spectrum" anyways. Plus Ill be putting more stress on the lotus since it'll take more to heat it up.

What about if I purchase one of vector jet lights for cigars that have multipul jets and go for a one hitter effect? Or is this overkill aswell. . .

biojuggernaut,
Silicone O rings might not be able to take that kind of direct heat. They'll be in direct contact with the heating cap if I'm not mistaken, so I'd avoid that.

Do you have a jet lighter arsenal? Every model is different. Some are way hotter than others, some have broader and bushier flames, etc.. Try a different one, or try using your current one at a further distance while inhaling for a longer period of time. Also are you inhaling while you're heating the disc? Some people prefer this method, but I don't believe its the recommended use of the product - you're supposed to heat it, then inhale while not using the lighter using the heat retained in the disc.

charliedontsurf,
Then that would explain my less then desirable results. I will start using this method especially when the bowl starts to get tan and im sure I'll stop those infrequent spurts of combustion. Thanks Charlie.

biojuggernaut,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
Its very hard to judge how close you are to roasting the bowl with the water pipe because the vapor is thinner; regardless though my question is this:

Can i add silicon orings to increase the height or do you think this is useless because I'll still be aiming for that "full spectrum" anyways. Plus Ill be putting more stress on the lotus since it'll take more to heat it up.

What about if I purchase one of vector jet lights for cigars that have multipul jets and go for a one hitter effect? Or is this overkill aswell. . .

Roasting the bowl -I always adjust the temp by the size/existence of the hot spot rather than the vapor produced.
O-rings - If you put silicone o-rings at the bottom edge of the bowl and below the vapor cap, to raise the vapor cap, it should reduce the scorching at the top of a full bowl but I don't think it will have any other effect. You don't have to worry about damaging the o-rings because the walls of the bowl will soak up the heat and protect the o-rings from high temperatures.
multiple flame lighters - Will definitely give you a one hit effect but scorch your material a lot more easily.

David and Michael,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
charliedontsurf said:
Do you have a jet lighter arsenal? Try a different one, or try using your current one at a further distance while inhaling for a longer period of time. Also are you inhaling while you're heating the disc? Some people prefer this method, but I don't believe its the recommended use of the product - you're supposed to heat it, then inhale while not using the lighter using the heat retained in the disc.
I agree with you about the lighters.
As to heating the disc and then inhaling - My wife swears by this method. I use the other method, of heating the hot plate as I inhale.
My opinion is that heating the hot plate and then inhaling will prevent scorching but leave uncooked material in the bowl. Both methods work.

David and Michael,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We are looking for some Lotus owners to Beta test a new version of the Lotus Vaporizer. Please contact us through the website or at contact@mendovape.com
Thanks for your help.

David and Michael,
Top Bottom