• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Spacenstein

Would love to do this.. Would love to have a camera too.. Good luck to anyone who enters..

Spacenstein,
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this. Could it be used with a ceramic solder iron instead of the micro torch? Also what torches is everyone using?

biojuggernaut,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
biojuggernaut said:
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this. Could it be used with a ceramic solder iron instead of the micro torch? Also what torches is everyone using?

This vape is designed to be used with a torch only. Prob could use a ceramic soldering iron with this without the vapor cap being held in place, just holding the iron far enough from the bowl as to not combust. But then again that would defeat the purpose of the vapor cap on this thing. With the Cap in place I think it would take too long for the ceramic element to heat the top plate enough for a hit, and you would have to have the element cranked to the max to simulate the temps the torches are delivering.

DevoTheStrange,
I was just thinking in terms of if I ran out of butane or wanted a different method of heating (when my glass cover on my VHW breaks:uhoh:). I have no prior expereince using butane torches and refilling butane. Sounds like a hasle however, but I have to be least talented do it yourselfer!

biojuggernaut,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
I just tested the Lotus with a 140 watt Weller soldering iron and it didn't have enough power for vaporization, even though I put some solder on the nickel plate to increase the heat flow.

We supply a plastic bodied goose neck Honest brand torch in each Lotus kit that works well. Any goose neck cigar lighting torch should work fine. The kitchen type torches have a flame that is almost too large. They will work but you can't use a hot spot for temperature indication because of the flame size.

You also have to adjust the small lighters to a 3/4" flame size to be able to use the hot spot.

Refilling the butane torch is no big deal. Just make sure you use triple filtered butane, not Ronson. Turn the lighter upside down and push the fill can nozzle into the fill port on the lighter bottom. You should bleed the lighter of air every few fill-ups too (upside down).

Hey thank you for the quick response! How how do you think your tip got up to?

A lot of quick shops do not have the triple filtered butane. Can you recommend a specific place, website, or brand name of the triple filtered where it can be easily purchased.

biojuggernaut,

jackmormon

biojuggernaut,

On the butane, the "premo" brand is Vector which can be purchased on Amazon or it is available in most tobacco/smoke shops -- at least around where I live. I have had very good luck with a Korean brand called Dodo but it is much harder to find and 1/2 the price. Both of these brands are quintuple filtered and have never clogged any of my lighters. Colibri is another good brand but is significantly more expensive than any other I have seen.

jackmormon,

Spacenstein

For some reason I put my Lotus up for sale. I don't know why. I love this thing. Still my one and only vape.

Spacenstein,
would buy yours but with the fc and wp adapter I would be stealing from myself If I didn't buy new. This will be my new vape in quite some time.

biojuggernaut,

Spacenstein

I meant to say.. 'It's no longer for sale- what was I thinking?' Haha. I'm very happy with my Lotus still.

Although, I have an update- The original single flame lighter that came with the Lotus is finally crapping out on me, it went through about 400ml of butane and about 4 months of constant use. (this is my dd) I used the dual flame lighter they sell for about a month but then lost it--

-S

****EDIT: Another forum member was concerned I said the lighter died on me.. Mendocino Therapeutics must of realized there were problems with the lighter a while ago, because they stopped selling it and offered a different one. So, don't worry.. you won't get this lighter when you buy the Lotus..

Spacenstein,
Alright got this think with the WP adapter. All i can is good unit, I feel as though you get what you pay for in terms the the quality of the unit. Regardless vaping out of the bong with the lotus was superb. However, since it seems no one here has done a review on one Im not quite sure if I have the correct grind quality of the herb has only some of the bowl is brown. Anyone have can tipes to improve my technique to use this guy with my bong. Also should the bowl plate change colors and stuff. I thought it was always gonna look so nice and pretty.

biojuggernaut,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
Im not quite sure if I have the correct grind quality of the herb has only some of the bowl is brown. Also should the bowl plate change colors and stuff. I thought it was always gonna look so nice and pretty.
Be sure to move the lighter and hot spot in a little circle to get an even vaporization. You'll probably have to stir the material too to get it all vaporized.
The hot plate turns blue when it gets heated. It's happens because of the hot spot. Some people like the pattern.

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG
got it :lol: wowzers mAx quite a nice little vape heady you have made here. If I wasnt so baked I might try for that vid contest. Could I use salvia, kratom, or other herbs with the lotus? How do I clean it all just drop it in iso. Can I clean the nickel cap there is already brown soot residue even though i am using quin-filter.

biojuggernaut,

jackmormon

Moving the hot spot is key to even browning. Since you have the WP adapter, try some hash with it. :D

Just don't take four hash hits in succession like I did. I felt like crawling under the bed, curling up, and sucking my thumb after that experience. :ninja:

jackmormon,
I feel like I have already kinda tarnished the head piece in more then just the center because the I have a horizontal difuser. I am a big perfectionist but I assume this is normal :/, right? :lol:

There is a semi soot on the top of the unit. I take it that is from the butane? Crazy, who would have ever guess butane had that much substance to it :puke:

Sweet rips though!

biojuggernaut,

jackmormon

biojuggernaut said:
I feel like I have already kinda tarnished the head piece in more then just the center because the I have a horizontal difuser. I am a big perfectionist but I assume this is normal :/, right? :lol:

There is a semi soot on the top of the unit. I take it that is from the butane? Crazy, who would have ever guess butane had that much substance to it :puke:

Sweet rips though!

Totally normal. The first time the flame hits that nickel plate it will change color and have kind of a "tarnished" look to it. For any soot on the plate, I just lightly dampen a q-tip with ISO and lightly brush it. It will pick anything up that isn't part of the metal. (I get a little debris on the plate but the only time I have had soot is when I used a torch with cheap butane in it. With good butane I NEVER get any soot.

jackmormon,
im using quintriple filter vector - no soot just oilish type shit. Ah you have any other pointers as to what you think i should as a lotus newbie to make this work as good as possible through the bong?

~also could I use salvia, kratom, or other herbs in my lotus?
~How do I clean it all just drop it in iso.
~When cleaning the inside of the plate how careful should i be when pushing that interior plate? I combusted once, would that explain why that inside plate changed colors. Regardless, the lotus falls very close to my VHW! Nice gig here.

biojuggernaut,

jackmormon

I hear you. It took me a little while to appreciate the Lotus fully but I haven't found any other vape that will consistently produce vapor of the high density that the Lotus does. It is also the best I have used for getting higher temp effects with no combustion. This is my personal preference in a vape. I would rather get totally vaked off of 2 Lotus bowls/4 hits in a few minutes rather than 10-12 hits off more herb in other vapes taking 20+ minutes. Takes a little practice and the key for me was finding a torch lighter with a very narrow flame that can be adjusted easily. The one I received with the Lotus kit had way too wide of a jet flame for me. I think Lotus is shipping a different one nowadays though. The torch turned out to be the most important variable.

On cleaning, just soak it in 91% iso overnight, let it air dry and you are good. If the screen is really clogged which happens, burn it with a torch, let cool then soak. Don't worry about the build-up in the top of the vapor cap. It reaches a certain point and stops. It is not in the airflow which comes from the holes in the top inside plate. It really isn't necessary to clean the inside of the cap very often. When you do, be gentle. DO NOT push up on the inner plate with any force. Just lightly brushing it with an ISO soaked q-tip will totally do the job. I don't know if it is real fragile -- never had any problems. But, I think being careful is a good idea. (Also, brushing the inside perimeter below the inner plate with a dry q-tip first removes 90% of anything up there.)

It works great with hash which required a higher temp to vape. (Especially to get it to start vaping then it was smooth going.) So my guess is that you can probably find the temp with a little experimentation to vape other herbals. No experience with them but am curious how they will work out. Let us know.

yeah used the thing all day yesterday, was asleep by 10 pm hahaha.

and about the salvia i will let you know today!

edit: yeah salvia in this thing is a blast!

And my *sleek* lighter already broke :/

biojuggernaut,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
FYI The short stems are finally in stock & the FC discount is still running: FC1

Regarding cleaning: the stem can be soaked in iso without a problem but not the vapor cap. It's made of maple and probably wouldn't be happy in iso.
Everything Jackmormon said about cleaning is spot on, but you may be able to vape the stuff off the screen. Try using the Lotus the usual way but with an empty bowl, to clean the screen.

David and Michael,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Great review by Linda, some awesome clouds there! Have been toying with purchasing this awesome little portable for a while now.
I was about to pull the trigger on may 31st here in Aus, which must have been already into June in the US as the FC1 discount was already inactive..

Are there any more discount for members here coming up in the future?

psyshaman,
Just email Randy at Puffitup, he'll probably just hook it up at the discount rate.

Mmmm... Linda. I mean, Lotus.

charliedontsurf,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
psyshaman said:
Great review by Linda, some awesome clouds there! Have been toying with purchasing this awesome little portable for a while now.

Are there any more discount for members here coming up in the future?
We'd like to have happy customers so we've extended the FC1 coupon until the end of June. That's a 10% discount on anything you order :D

On another note, the only on-line store that carries the Lotus is the Vaporstore.

David and Michael,
Top Bottom