The Lotus Vaporizer

reece

bitchholiday said:
Hmm...looks too big for my taste. Magic Flight is still in the lead. :peace:

They serve different purposes. The Box is more ideal if stealth is what you need. They are equal with regards to portability. I have both and I use both regularly. As charliedontsurf mentioned, it cools quickly, I have put it in my pocket immediately after taking a hit. And it fits in my pocket easily and there is room for other things in the same pocket.

reece,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We are now stocked with the Long Stem Lotus Vaporizer, all colors of Vapor Caps, the water pipe adapter,stir-stick attachment and a new soaking glass. We'll have the Short Stem Lotus Vaporizer in few weeks. Come on over!

David and Michael,

gvape

im pretty interested in this being my next vape if that water adapter works well.

is the short stem that much more desired then the long?

also is the full kit really needed if i already have plenty of lighters?

lastly any fc discounts for this?

gvape,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Lighters schmighters.

A micro torch is what is needed for this vapey vape. Damn it...
WPA will be on my list when I get paid again I think. Honestly, my Lotus has been collecting dust for the past couple of months. I broke it out again today and fell in love with it all over again. (This is not an uncommon ritual with me and my vapes) WPA is next.

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Max Jitter said:
charliedontsurf said:
The MFLB bowl is the equivalent of many, many one-scoop Lotus bowls and so hits longer, while the Lotus bowls are smaller and go faster, but I would say at the end of the day they are roughly equivalent.
Is there a difference in flavor between the MFLB and the Lotus? Since the flavonoids boil off at a lower temperature, and at the first hit, I would think that the Lotus would deliver more taste. Is that anyone's experience?

After pretty much hitting my MFLB on the regular, and breaking out the Lotus again today - I would say the Lotus does have a better initial flavor.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
gvape said:
im pretty interested in this being my next vape if that water adapter works well.

is the short stem that much more desired then the long?

also is the full kit really needed if i already have plenty of lighters?

lastly any fc discounts for this?

I like the long stem because it's easier to focus on the 'hot spot'. Others like the short stem because its stealthier. It's running about 2:1 for long stems now but it's entirely personal preference.

The full kit has the scoop and bag, which are both 'nice to haves', and a goose neck lighter, which is a 'must have'. If you already have a goose neck lighter than the other options aren't that critical.

Right now there are no fc discounts, but we are about to raise prices. When we do, there will be an fc discount to bring the price back to what it is now.

sunsett70

hey max, i would like to order from vaporstore but they are out of stock. you know when you're gonna supply them cause there are things i wanna get from 'em and i wanna get it before you raise prices.

and i clean my whip wand with boiling hot water. can the lotus take the same cleaning treatment?

also, spacenstein mentioned ".... the new stirring rod on the vapor cap, wouldn't the spinning of the vapor cap be greatly affected? I spin the top to evenly heat the bowl." why would there be a need to spin the top?

sunsett70,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Max Jitter said:
I like the long stem because it's easier to focus on the 'hot spot'.
Plus Juan.
The full kit has the scoop and bag, which are both 'nice to haves'
In my case, they have developed into MUST haves. (Just sayin) :)

Also, I believe this was answered earlier, but it isnt possible to retro fit the stir stub to an older model vapor cap is it?

AGBeer,

Spacenstein

The included bag and scoop are such valuable tools, I agree. Currently, this is my setup and technique:

I use the original black Lotus pouch (I'm going to order the brown branded one, soon) to carry all my things. Inside, I have the Lotus unit, the included torch lighter, the scoop, and two Rx containers.

I carry around my bud un-ground, now. I break apart a small piece of bud and just smash it into the Lotus bowl. This piece is equivalent to the size of a scoop, and with some buds you can use the scoop to carve out a scoop from the bud. I take one or two really low temp hits to dry out the bud a bit-- but these count as two good hits. I'll then use the scoop to tamper and slice the bud in the bowl, like grinding it up. It's super easy with this tool. Then, I can get another 4-5 good hits and a few more with extra stirring. I have a second container for ABV which I can easily empty the bowl into. Although, I am contemplating whether I should save my ABV because I bring it so far with the Lotus.

How do you guys specifically use your Lotus?

Also, sunsett70. I didn't go into my technique for the heating of the hot plate but I'll explain what I meant. I can point the flame on the left side of the heat plate, then spin the vaporcap while inhaling and the whole bowl gets evenly heated-- easier than spinning around the lighter in mid air, IMO.

-S

*EDIT*

Also, I wanted to tell you guys my screen situation, too. At first, I thought two screens was best for this pipe. One pushed down into the base of the bowl-- more into the stem, and one in its usual place. That seemed to work very well for me. Although, now that I don't grind, I don't have any screen issues at all. (no matter what type of screen setup i use)

Spacenstein,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sunsett70 said:
hey max, i would like to order from vaporstore but they are out of stock. you know when you're gonna supply them cause there are things i wanna get from 'em and i wanna get it before you raise prices.

and i clean my whip wand with boiling hot water. can the lotus take the same cleaning treatment?

also, spacenstein mentioned ".... the new stirring rod on the vapor cap, wouldn't the spinning of the vapor cap be greatly affected? I spin the top to evenly heat the bowl." why would there be a need to spin the top?
The Vaporstore will be restocked in a few days, though not with short stems. We are going to have discounts for fc members when the rates go up. I can't speak for the Vaporstore.
The stem/bowl should be fine with boiling water but not the Vapor Cap.

The standard Vapor Cap can be carefully retrofitted with a stir stick. We'll put a DIY how-to on the website soon.

David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

gvape

Well I caved... pretty quickly too.

Read all the pages of this thread and went and purchased my Lotus with WP adapter.

Ill post a review on how it works. Im really excited to test this out. I have not really been using my MFLB much, I find it really slow and the taste pretty bad compared to the PD. If this runs anything like a log vape then I will be very happy. My MFLB is for super stealth use or on the go, the Lotus will be for quickness. I also have a iOlite and it tends to sit the most though. Even though I think it hits the biggest hits for the longest period of time. I just find myself only using it when I have long drives and I end up using the MFLB for shorter. I have a feeling the lotus will stay at home and be for when im not using my PD.

Its gonna be nice to be able to hook this up with a water pipe though. Besides putting my PD upside down on the water pipe, putting my ssv tube in it, or eclipse for concentrates, I dont really get to vaporize much in it. Seems like this could be one of my better options with this.

Im also pretty stoked that people have said it works with concentrates. My Eclipse is a solid vape for BHO, but wouldnt mind a device that would work with bubble bag stuff.

....Now the wait begins :/

gvape

Talk about fast shipping. Well to complete surprise (was not expecting to get it this week) I got my lotus today.

I just did my first bowl through it and the taste is really great. Gonna have a second go at it, and then test it with the water pipe. Ill try and get some pictures up asap :)

*EDIT*

After my second bowl with the lotus I got a better hang for it. I did heat it up a bit hotter (wasnt as green more brown) and I also added more in this time. I previously used about half a scoop and this time I used a full scoop. I like the feel for the half scoop bowl since you get more flavor, but less hits. If you dont mind filling the bowl more frequently I would say go with less as you get more flavor hits :)

Taste is pretty on par with the MFLB, but a step up from it. I feel like since I finish a bowl much quicker with this then I would a MFLB, I get up getting the flavor at once, and no prolonging it as a bowl with the MFLB tends to take a while for me. To me, thats the downside of the MFLB, the flavor is never that fresh.

Time for the water pipe test!

*EDIT 2*

Loaded another up for the water pipe adapter and wow... worked just as you would think it would. It was almost easier to use since I was able to watch my pipe fill with vapor and had perfect visibility of where my torch was hitting. Great adapter, very handy if you have a water pipe I would recommend buying. Also, I thought it would be too hot to touch, but I could pick up up to empty a few seconds after it was finished.

Bowl 4 I went all out, I added a bedding material then placed a drop of BHO on top and hit it through the pipe. WOW! Worked perfect, now my next test will have to be some other harder hash. Gonna have to wait til later as these 4 bowls have wrecked me. Didnt even finish this last one, and it still looks like it wasnt even hit.

*EDIT 3*

Just tried another hit of the BHO, I thought it wasn't really going and then when I stopped hitting it and went to exhale I started choking on the amount of vapor I had. I exhaled a huge milky white hit. Pretty impressed so far. A bit high on the price end but still happy with the purchase.

Also, just to mention if someone gets that little stir rod thing and they want to use a water pipe attachment. I don't think it would work on a recessed joint. Just saving someone the troubles of buying it and it not working.

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

jackmormon

A Lotus package at my house today also! I have been using the Lotus for a couple of months and REALLY love everything about it. It has become my daily driver due to the efficiency, intensity of vapor, no warm up time, ability to vary the temperature, and overall quality. Today I received a WP adapter and was blown away again. I tried it first on a LW 10 arm bubbler which was awesome. I didn't think it would fill a large tube but I tried it on an 18" Helix beaker and WOW....too much milky vapor for one inhale, umm cough cough. The only issue I see with it is that there is a slight learning curve with different glass pieces due to flame distance/depth perception. (Of course I have only had it for three hours and four bowls!) Thanks Lotus :D

Spacenstein

I wont be getting the WPA. Unfortunately, I no longer have any glass. Although, lately I've been thinking about getting a custom glass dry-piece made with a 18mm joint on it.. for use with the VG ceramic filter.. but if I could get a pipe with a 14mm joint on it, it'd be a custom Lotus glass pipe! :D

Spacenstein,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
As you may have noticed we've had to adjust our prices a little. We want to show our appreciation to the FC forum users though! Until the end of May this coupon code, FC1, will discount anything on our web site by 10%, and after that we'll run occasional specials just for our FC forum fans! Keep an eye out!
The coupon is good for a one time purchase for each member.

David and Michael,

Spacenstein

pipe.jpg

Lotus Website said:
The pipe stem comes with a screened bowl.

This leads me to believe you guys have incorporated some sort of removable bowl or carb??

Spacenstein,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Spacenstein said:
This leads me to believe you guys have incorporated some sort of removable bowl or carb??
The bowl is the same as it has been. You need a special tool to remove it without destroying it. The stem is slightly different and now has a plug in one end that could be removed if you wanted to use it as a carb. I don't think that would gain you much as the through hole in the stem is a lot smaller than that of a bong.

GetVaked101

Any chance of somebody uploading a video of the waterpipe adapter kit? It looks amazing, very interested, waiting for a video to convince me not to get the MFLB.

GetVaked101,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
GetVaked101 said:
Any chance of somebody uploading a video of the waterpipe adapter kit?

We would also like to see people create YouTube videos showing their Lotus Vaporizers in action.

CALLING ALL VIDEOGRAPHERS!

We will offer a *free* Lotus Vaporizer kit (your choice of kit) for the best YouTube video in each of the following categories:

Lotus Vaporizer pipe
Lotus Vaporizer water pipe adapter

We will be looking for an exciting video with large clouds, the bigger the better, with extra points for showing the material after use.

The competition will close on June1 and the results will be posted on lotusvaporizer.com and in the FC forum by June 8.
Don't forget to put Lotus Vaporizer in the YouTube title.

Good luck to all!

David and Michael,
Max Jitter said:
GetVaked101 said:
Any chance of somebody uploading a video of the waterpipe adapter kit?

We would also like to see people create YouTube videos showing their Lotus Vaporizers in action.

We will offer a *free* Lotus Vaporizer kit (your choice of kit) for the best YouTube video in each of the following categories:

Lotus Vaporizer pipe

We will be looking for an exciting video with large clouds, the bigger the better, with extra points for showing the material after use.

The competition will close on June1 and the results will be posted on lotusvaporizer.com and in the FC forum by June 8.

Good luck to all!

Arg! Why'd I sell my Lotus!

I practically LIVE on a cloud!

I'd like to suggest you make showing the open bowl afterward a requirement, lest people just char the F out of a bowl, blow a cloud of combusted smoke at the lens and wait for their free Lotus.

charliedontsurf,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
charliedontsurf said:
I'd like to suggest you make showing the open bowl afterward a requirement, lest people just char the F out of a bowl, blow a cloud of combusted smoke at the lens and wait for their free Lotus.

Point well taken, CDS.

David and Michael,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We would like to see people create YouTube videos showing their Lotus Vaporizers in action.

Lotus Vaporizer pipe

We will be looking for an exciting video with large clouds, the bigger the better, and the ABV being shown.

Good luck to all!

David and Michael,
Top Bottom