The Lotus Vaporizer

Texus

Pencil torches also work well. You don't want something too strong. Just a flame the length from one point of the flower design to another.

Texus,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I originally thought the Vapman lighter was a little underpowered but after using a more powerful single jet torch I have changed my mind. the stronger lighter might be great for huge rips if you are cloud chasing but I also got my first combustion and lost all of the fantastic terp flavor I was getting from the Vapman. I still get some huge cloud anyway

kimura

I have a different take on lighter/flame size… I use a pretty big torch with the lotus these days. I start drawing immediately, get vapor almost immediately. Absolutely no warmup time between when I apply the torch and when I start drawing. No worries about combustion, but I am fairly experienced with it.

Dankvinci

Thanks so much. I just actually watched a video with an updated review from George at the vape critic YouTube page. He got bigger hits, and more flavor with a bigger torch. So I’m thinking I’ll get something similar.

kimura

IMG-7287-Copy.jpg

Lotus appreciation post. I'm so happy that these are back in circulation, along with the Vapman. These are brilliant little devices, and despite my 12+ years of VAS, I still reach for the Lotus for the first puffs of the day. Says a lot to me. I love the manual/analog experience, as I am in total control. Shout out to all you stick shift / three pedal enthusiasts :tup:

If these were your only two vapes you'd be doing ok. The fact that you can take them anywhere with no need to charge or plug in anything is a huge bonus.

edit: this is my lotus torch :rofl:

Last edited:

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
last time I bought tires I had to wait while they found someone who knew how to drive a manual just to pull it into the garage :shrug:

I have a Lotus cleaning question. I had my first combustion recently and now it smells and tastes like ash and my tolerance these days is quite low since I haven't smoked for15 years. Before disassembling the Lotus to try to clean the metal parts, what is the best recommended cleaning for this vape?

VapeKnight,
  • Haha
Reactions: simba

Dankvinci

last time I bought tires I had to wait while they found someone who knew how to drive a manual just to pull it into the garage :shrug:

I have a Lotus cleaning question. I had my first combustion recently and now it smells and tastes like ash and my tolerance these days is quite low since I haven't smoked for15 years. Before disassembling the Lotus to try to clean the metal parts, what is the best recommended cleaning for this

I have a Lotus cleaning question. I had my first combustion recently and now it smells and tastes like ash and my tolerance these days is quite low since I haven't smoked for15 years. Before disassembling the Lotus to try to clean the metal parts, what is the best recommended cleaning for this vape?
Im Thinking it’s a close smell, and taste when you mistakenly combust with the Dynavap. I’m sure I will slowly go away. I’m interested in what people say.

Dankvinci,

JettyRatt

does anyone know the diameter of the Lotus i am seriously thinking of ordering one and a glass piece to go with. I am looking at a straight fab style the distance between the intake joint and the straight tube worries me

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't seen the new version, and I don't know how well olivewood retains screw threads, but I don't think it's wise taking the cap apart often as you will eventually strip the screws. Most of any smell collected from combustion will be in whatever you are using as a stem rather than in the cap itself. If the cap were to pick up some of the smell, I would hope that it would dissipate over time.

kimura

Combustion/charring is absolutely possible with the lotus, and probably occasionally inevitable as you learn how to get good vapor to flow. Usually most of the lingering scent is on the bowl/pipe side of the equation, which can be properly cleaned with iso. As for the cap, you can dissemble and clean the metal parts if you wish, but probably the best move is to just keep using it and the bad smell will dissipate and get covered by good smells. Don’t worry, it will go away if you keep using it

The way I use it, I start drawing immediately, and I draw about as hard as the device will allow (no need to fight it). So like a solid medium draw. When the vapor/pipe start to feel warm and I see the middle of the cap faintly glow, it’s about time to stop

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
The way I use it, I start drawing immediately, and I draw about as hard as the device will allow (no need to fight it). So like a solid medium draw. When the vapor/pipe start to feel warm and I see the middle of the cap faintly glow, it’s about time to stop

Interesting to see how it works with different approaches. I do it somehow backwards, first heating the center of the plate till it faintly glows, then starting to draw and slowly increasing my drawing speed while circling the tip of a smaller torch around the plate

kimura

Yeah that’s how I used to use it for the first few years, with a regular vapman-sized torch. That works great too, but an oversized torch produces vapor more quickly and I’m always short on time. plus I think it’s easier to get bigger hits with the big torch. Just don’t fly too close to the sun

Edit: to be clear, I think Max (Lotus creator) warned that it is possible to overheat the cap, and he himself recommended and provided the more normal, smaller torch. My OG has taken a heavy beating yet it soldiers on. Nonetheless, Ye’ve been warned

Last edited:
Top Bottom