• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

condition

j-hook-pipe-14mm-female-embout-buccal-en-verre.jpg

9 euro (shipping not included).
I think it is from dhgate but the price is fair.

There is a site now, how nice.

condition,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like the expansion chamber akin to 2-stroke exhaust on my simple sax j-hook,
img_20181009_193154-jpg.5334

Just a DHGate cheapie but is a pleasure on the lips and very easy to clean. No extra cooling nubs to rob vapor as they are not needed on my Plenty.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

This one of theirs looks interesting:

jhook-connecteur-refroidisseur-de-vapeur-en-verre-pour-vaporisateurs-14mm-ou-18mm.jpg

I just wish it didn't have those 90 degree corners on the bottom. It would look better as a curved sherlock.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This one of theirs looks interesting:

jhook-connecteur-refroidisseur-de-vapeur-en-verre-pour-vaporisateurs-14mm-ou-18mm.jpg

I just wish it didn't have those 90 degree corners on the bottom. It would look better as a curved sherlock.

This is the one that Ed sells, Nicholas can make variations of it too, the right angles are better for cooling and easier to make than a curve though (I think Ed touts how this one can stand on its own too)

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
The evolution will be televised!!

Been waiting on these pieces for months. These will be the basis for my modular Vapor Pipe system. I will offer everything separately and as full functioning pieces. Super excited about this project

20220607_135911.jpg

@Shit Snacks Glassdiy came through.......although some of the quality is lacking and they did not send all the pieces. But its a start and hope to see improvement now that China is getting out of lockdown.

https://www.dhgate.com/store/20478684?dspm=pcen.pd.logostore.1.mb5dQGfZwQ3VSdFwXhnI&resource_id=

Shit Snacks

:whoa:wow that was fast too!:clap:

Glad we can see this dream come to fruition, with the modular u-turn cooling hooks finally... Looking very very good so far!

That sucks that they did not include all of your order, or that stuff was not properly quality controlled, good luck with the dispute, I was able to get my refund from them after some back and forth finally (they had these adapters in my order but I decided I didn't want them anymore because I really wanted the color drop-downs from them that were never in stock even though they sold them to me then waited for six months and a dispute to tell me that) So hopefully you should get the money back or replacement items through dispute, more of the ones that work that they actually have at least I guess!

PS btw FYI you shared the wrong seller/link pretty sure you meant newpipes... (you had canceled your order from glassdiy if I recall correctly and they do not even sell these style adapters at all)... But the name for your line is like DIYglass, the DIY modular hooks!

(hopefully you've edited above by the time other people see this? lol)

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks actually these arent from Newpipes, Im still waiting on those

Good thing for me is that I can fix a majority of the bad pieces by heating and straightening them

Oh! My mistake then, so glassdiy did have the u-turn as well, awesome, glad that order went through and they shipped so quick then! I should have got the swiss drop-down I was considering from them then while it was on sale recently... Oh well, it will be again I'm sure lol only a few dollars anyway

Yeah you're getting quite good with the glass work, you can fix up everything with your modifications, great stuff, keep it up bud!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Seantagon

I’ve got one of these as well, from a small group buy with another fc member. The qc could be improved as mine has a few small hairline fractures, but they don’t affect the function at all and the price is hard to argue with. It looks very similar to an ogb unit that runs ~$115, and while I’m sure the quality of ogb’s work is much higher this was less than $10, so if I break it it’s not a big deal vs the inevitable tears associated with dropping an ogb piece.

Have to echo these function comments, though. With my p80 I top out around 420 degrees if I want that more stony experience (the airflow is so open and free-flowing that I’ll sometimes push up to 435 or so, but it doesn’t taste awesome towards the end). It just feels like I’m breathing until I’ve got a huge lung full. No throat or lung pain from the heat at all, just from unintentionally large rips 🥴. It does an excellent job of preserving flavor, too! The only other option I’ve got for cooling this well is a whip, but that tends to rob most of the terpenes so while it doesn’t taste bad, it’s probably not the stem of choice for a flavor chaser either. No such qualms with this cheap little j hook.

Down the line I will see about having ogb customize something for me that’s a little more of a Gandalfian shaped, but from a pure function standpoint this guy is killer!

Eta: what do you folks do for cleaning these? I guess just get a cork that fits in the joint and fill it with iso? It’s too big for the container full of iso I toss my dynas and other smaller glass stems into.
That’s the perfect size J-Hook I need. Is the one in the pic still being made? any links would be great thanks for posting.

Seantagon,
Reactions: Ramahs

MrSpicoli

Does dimpled glass "steal" vapor matter like glass beads allegedly do? Why or why not? I was looking at the inception hook and wondered if this were true.

MrSpicoli,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does dimpled glass "steal" vapor matter like glass beads allegedly do? Why or why not? I was looking at the inception hook and wondered if this were true.
I think this is always the line that is walked in the pursuit of "cooling/conditioning" vapor.

Cooling leads to condensation of the vapor and so some remains behind, whether the cooling is from balls, beads, dimples, baffles, water or simply extending the vapor path.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I think this is always the line that is walked in the pursuit of "cooling/conditioning" vapor.

Cooling leads to condensation of the vapor and so some remains behind, whether the cooling is from balls, beads, dimples, baffles, water or simply extending the vapor path.
Truth. Recently got a flowerpot; wow does my glass get gunked more quickly now.

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
That’s the perfect size J-Hook I need. Is the one in the pic still being made? any links would be great thanks for posting.
I agree with @gordontreeman and love the flat mouth version of this hook with all my favorite vapes

GoldenBud

I agree with @gordontreeman and love the flat mouth version of this hook with all my favorite vapes

Hopa Shenzhen Style ... OGB Style ?! Hopa Shenzhennn style !!!

gangnam style psy GIF by Vevo

Top Bottom