• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
More glass and some updates:
Vapor Pipe with 9.5 inch stem all made from 3mm glass
20220520_092843.jpg
Vapor Pipe with 6 inch stem all made from 3mm glass
20220520_092743.jpg

:brow:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
man those spiky right angle lumin hooks are pretty banging :cool: took a hit a 6 with my tinymight and didn't feel a thing??? thought maybe my grip slipped off the button till I blew a big cloud lol jumped to 10 and barely felt a slight tickle:o. I'm very pleased with only a couple minor complaints, I wish a one handed grip with my tinymight and hook was a bit more comfortable but I think its more I'm not use to it yet than it being bad but since the vape is so much closer to me than with my Sherlock type the light from the tinymight is a bit in my eyes so I think if I want to use this hook more often I'll have to put it in stealth mode :borg: neither complaint is about the function which is great!

I’ve got one of these as well, from a small group buy with another fc member. The qc could be improved as mine has a few small hairline fractures, but they don’t affect the function at all and the price is hard to argue with. It looks very similar to an ogb unit that runs ~$115, and while I’m sure the quality of ogb’s work is much higher this was less than $10, so if I break it it’s not a big deal vs the inevitable tears associated with dropping an ogb piece.

Have to echo these function comments, though. With my p80 I top out around 420 degrees if I want that more stony experience (the airflow is so open and free-flowing that I’ll sometimes push up to 435 or so, but it doesn’t taste awesome towards the end). It just feels like I’m breathing until I’ve got a huge lung full. No throat or lung pain from the heat at all, just from unintentionally large rips 🥴. It does an excellent job of preserving flavor, too! The only other option I’ve got for cooling this well is a whip, but that tends to rob most of the terpenes so while it doesn’t taste bad, it’s probably not the stem of choice for a flavor chaser either. No such qualms with this cheap little j hook.

Down the line I will see about having ogb customize something for me that’s a little more of a Gandalfian shaped, but from a pure function standpoint this guy is killer!

Eta: what do you folks do for cleaning these? I guess just get a cork that fits in the joint and fill it with iso? It’s too big for the container full of iso I toss my dynas and other smaller glass stems into.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I’ve got one of these as well, from a small group buy with another fc member. The qc could be improved as mine has a few small hairline fractures, but they don’t affect the function at all and the price is hard to argue with. It looks very similar to an ogb unit that runs ~$115, and while I’m sure the quality of ogb’s work is much higher this was less than $10, so if I break it it’s not a big deal vs the inevitable tears associated with dropping an ogb piece.
Right, the inexpensive price on these makes me relatively unconcerned about taking them out of the house and risking breakage. It really has made my TM more portable as I have usually had to use it through water so it stayed home. These cool surprisingly well at a very reasonable price and I can easily take my TM, this glass, a filled Chico and an extra battery (or two) out with me in a small camera bag.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Eta: what do you folks do for cleaning these? I guess just get a cork that fits in the joint and fill it with iso? It’s too big for the container full of iso I toss my dynas and other smaller glass stems into.
I use a long Tupperware container, fill it up with just enough Everclear to cover it and let it sit awhile, then save the Everclear for next time

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
@gordontreeman the one I looked at so far has no cracks but the mp is a bit crooked, for the price I'm not complaining! I also dream of an OGB hook but its pricy enough without the shipping to Canada. for cleaning any of my 18mm pieces I use a delta 3d 18650 battery cap as a plug, works great!
Yep, two of my three mouthpieces are crooked but it won’t affect function

Shit Snacks

Yeah man, unfortunately I seem to be the only one who ordered (when it had to be four at a time) and received all cracked hooks lol haven't seen any other reports of cracks like ours yet, but I did tell the seller when I got them and told them to do better quality control... They are good and they listen!

Oh, I just rinse with iso, if you need it to soak, it's probably only the bottom part that needs to soak anyway, and it's not like you need to clean the outside ever, so why soak the whole thing? I would just fill it up with a little iso let it sit a little, maybe use a q-tip on the bottom of the joint, a little kosher salt too, and shake it, then rinse again, use hot water!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My Good Vibes Boro Jay arrived!

PXL-20220525-171705414-2.jpg

I love it! It is cools nicely with the beads. The mouthpiece is wide open, which I prefer. Absolutely solid and thick. Works fantastic with my Underdog and CouchLog.

Also it looks motherfucking rad in person. Just the right amount of 👁️

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

My Good Vibes Boro Jay arrived!

PXL-20220525-171705414-2.jpg

I love it! It is cools nicely with the beads. The mouthpiece is wide open, which I prefer. Absolutely solid and thick. Works fantastic with my Underdog and CouchLog.

Also it looks motherfucking rad in person. Just the right amount of 👁️

Nice! 18mm? I'm getting a 14 caribbean blue

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Nice! 18mm? I'm getting a 14 caribbean blue
It's 14mm. I decided I wanted another 14 because I have so many 18 now. Also most of my injector bowls are 14.

That Caribbean Blue glass is beautiful. Colored beads will really look amazing. Can't wait to see it. Did you stick with the wide open MP?

gordontreeman

Lookin good! Does he have an instagram that you guys browse to see color options and such? Also curious what these run if he doesn't want to keep that info on the DL.

Shit Snacks

It's 14mm. I decided I wanted another 14 because I have so many 18 now. Also most of my injector bowls are 14.

Oh it must just be the close perspective! Yeah I only have one 14 mm hook and most of my coolers are 18 so I figured I should get another 14 too (mostly to use with portables though, hook so I can use with both FW7 and TM, plus Tetra and RBT!)

That Caribbean Blue glass is beautiful. Colored beads will really look amazing. Can't wait to see it. Did you stick with the wide open MP?

Yeah I like a lot of the colors he offers, but it is easy to choose that one! He did not mention any type of mouthpiece, I don't think I saw him make any hook with any different mouthpiece? They're all just plain tube...? I'm not even sure if I know what size the tubing is, but it seems pretty narrow...

Lookin good! Does he have an instagram that you guys browse to see color options and such? Also curious what these run if he doesn't want to keep that info on the DL.

Yeah he is GoodVibesBoro there, I messaged him about the scoops he posted on 420, so I ordered the hook then with an RBT bent stem and WPA, he was having 20% off at that time, you do not pay until your order is ready though... How much they cost depends on if you get color, that will basically double the price, however it also depends how many beads you are getting (definitely more money with outer
embellishments too)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah I like a lot of the colors he offers, but it is easy to choose that one! He did not mentioned any type of mouthpiece, I don't think I saw him make any hook with any different mouthpiece? They're all just plain tube...? I'm not even sure if I know what time it or the tubing is, but it seems pretty narrow...
Yeah. I had considered asking for a pinched MP, which he had done on my bubbler. I like this though.

The tube is 16mm outer, 10.5mm inner. So pretty narrow as you said I suppose. Basically the same as a Tinymight stem.

Shit Snacks

Yeah. I had considered asking for a pinched MP, which he had done on my bubbler. I like this though.

The tube is 16mm outer, 10.5mm inner. So pretty narrow as you said I suppose. Basically the same as a Tinymight stem.

Okay cool, yeah that is right on the line for comfortable mouthpiece, hmm maybe I could ask him to pinch mine, I do tend to like that, but it could be fun to just have an open tube for once too... So pinched next time?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Okay cool, yeah that is right on the line for comfortable mouthpiece, hmm maybe I could ask him to pinch mine, I do tend to like that, but it could be fun to just have an open tube for once too... So pinched next time?
You just described my exact thought process 😃.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You're referring to the one on the left here
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/next-purchase-minivap-or-tafée®-bowle.50923/post-1548135 right? OGB is costly for me as I'm in EU but that piece sure looks nice, not having to put the MV upside down would be way easier to handle indeed.

I also like this design of them, might even fit better for this purpose with the wider angle: https://oregonglassblower.com/14MM-...E-DIAMETER-16MM-FEMALE-FLAT-END-14MPFFLAT.htm. It lacks the dimples tho, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of those anyway. In my experience they seem to negatively affect the integrity of the glass making it more prone to breaking, but could be quality issue (it was a RBT cooling stem).
I do love those fancy OGB hooks but just got one of the cheap Dhgate ones and I'm super impressed. You won't be substantially missing out.

I've used it with the TM, Atlas and Z now and it's great. Big dad's pipe vibes with the wooden Atlas bowl. Pleased with the cooling and I like that despite the flat mouthpiece the draw is very open.

PXL-20220524-181538076-3.jpg

PXL-20220527-174142911-2.jpg

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah those are really nice. Too bad no 14mm afaik and seems possibly too narrow to use with MiniVAP :(

Although I do recall there were some with a more diagonally attached bowl, so those might work.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

gordontreeman

I do love those fancy OGB hooks but just got one of the cheap Dhgate ones and I'm super impressed. You won't be substantially missing out.

I've used it with the TM, Atlas and Z now and it's great. Big dad's pipe vibes with the wooden Atlas bowl. Pleased with the cooling and I like that despite the flat mouthpiece the draw is very open.

PXL-20220524-181538076-3.jpg

PXL-20220527-174142911-2.jpg
I really love the flat mp. Feels comfortable and yeah, doesn't seem to impact the airflow much. Its still wide open to me!

jbm

I really love the flat mp. Feels comfortable and yeah, doesn't seem to impact the airflow much. Its still wide open to me!
Anyone got an extra of one of these flat mp ones they want to get rid of? I was in a group buy but it didn’t pan out.

Shit Snacks

Wow. I had something very much like this back in the early 80s: it had a bowl rather than a joint and it was a series of tubes mounted in a rubber stopper with like 3 different gooves so that it worked like the one above, I think, and looked like it, but came completely apart for cleaning. I think the perc was much simpler. It was so frikkin cool.
That's cool man! I'd love something that comes apart like that, and a simpler less fragile perc sounds ideal. I must've walked past this piece in the window over 100 times, always thought it looked pretty nifty. Finally cracked and I actually really love the form factor and use it all the time now, but it does have issues, with the smallest amount of water possible to cover the perc it spits right out of the mouthpiece and it is hard to put down without spilling.

Not the same perc, and smaller overall, not full dis assembly either, but I just ordered the below setup which kind of becomes a water jay hook?
There are coupons going on DHgate in the app right now... pulled the trigger on these 14 mm hydro tube and u turn adapters, getting a few dollars off each, so cheap:
Screenshot-20220529-190730.png

The u turn adapters can turn a lot of stems into a hook...

coolbreeze

Not the same perc, and smaller overall, not full dis assembly either, but I just ordered the below setup which kind of becomes a water jay hook?

Screenshot-20220529-190730.png

The u turn adapters can turn a lot of stems into a hook...
That's great! Functionally the same as the pipe I had, more or less. I wonder if there's a way clip it or something?

MrSpicoli

I'm looking to get a j-hook for my e-nano. I'm gonna get one of these. Which do you think is superior?

Dave claims his j-hook cools better than the competition; in what way he doesn't specify.

MrSpicoli,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

I'm looking to get a j-hook for my e-nano. I'm gonna get one of these. Which do you think is superior?

Dave claims his j-hook cools better than the competition; in what way he doesn't specify.

Why only between these two? Vgoodiez is awesome, elev8 should be quality glass, but it's just a plain J hook you can get anywhere... Ddave uses one of his nectar collector setups, for cooling it can be effective, pretty annoying to clean though, I'm not such a fan personally I prefer different cooling hooks... Check out the Rogue Wax Works for one thing ;)

Top Bottom