• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

MinnBobber

@herbalizerrepair:

Is the temperature on the digital read out the actual temperature of hot air entering the bowl?

I thought I remembered reading that in way earlier posts that the temp reading was higher/inflated. Someone I thought said readout was a bit low compared to preproduction models.
..........................................................................................

In a properly calibrated Herbie, the digital temp read out should be the "actual temp" of hot air in the bowl. Their spec is
+/- 5 degrees F or +/- 3 degrees C. It has very accurate temp control
Their engineers programmed in a formula which allows for chamber being X inches past the halogen heating element and all the other relevant variables..

Last edited:

Azn2101

A VERY interesting unit indeed.

I don't remember the vapor being so whisky but that could be any number of factors including that I store my material in the bovida 58% packs until cracking a jar and also that I live right next to the ocean.

Is there any technique that's needed with this device? I filled a bag from an Easy valve bag and even tried @Vitolo 's glass downstem/duckbill method and both are amazing.

Also you described it perfectly. These really isn't a directly comparable device to the Herbie and while even though I'm sure if I threw the temp up to like 420F+ it would create clouds.

I also messaged @herbalizerrepair to ask about the fan system only having one speed. Which is nothing to worry about considering that I'm just happy to have the device but I was wondering if he opens every Herbalizer up to check & replace parts before reposting them or does he go down a diagnostic check list?

Also is this a device that you really shouldn't push to it's max temp for longevity of the device or is that another thing they thought through really well? I ask mainly because it looks like the previous owner used this unit as an aromatherapy device fairly commonly but I could be wrong. There is just small areas around the airvent grate that have such hard gunk I'm worried I'd risk scratching the unit to get it off. In which case the gunk blends better lol.

Edit: @herbalizerrepair helped me understand the one fan speed. Man Is dude on top of it!

Azn2101,

Azn2101

What's the one speed thing?

The unit I recieved only has one fan speed. On, and I believe at the fast speed.

After contacting Maz he said that's just the way it goes (I'm guessing) with some of the refurbished units. Again no biggie but I was wondering if anyone felt it effected whip preformance at all.

When it's on I feel the taste goes somewhat the way of the Apollo (to a lesser degree) in the sense that so much vapor is being inhaled at such a fast rate that I miss some of those flavors that I already am not great at distinguishing between.

Azn2101,
Since when was there more than one fan speed? I have one of the original production units and I can't remember there being more than one speed setting in whip mode.

letter never sent,
Reactions: turk

Brewervapesalot

You know its understandable because there are two fan speed illustrations on the unit. The two icons light up and clearly show high and low.

I suppose the first speed is meant for aromatherapy. But since that mode does not run without the unit closed, the illustration or icon that lights up seems pretty useless.

My other thought was that the first speed was for aromatherapy out of the bowl rather than the compartment for the stainless pad that is incorporated into the lid.

I have two units. One brand new one refurbished. Both have one speed for vaporizering.

All and all, it doesnt matter much, I was curious.

Last edited:

Azn2101

@Brewervapesalot & @letter never sent, Thank you for the help.

There's no point in beating the drum that this unit is awesome so I'll just cut to the in-depth questions since my end goal is to own 2x too.

Also I think my Aromatherapy & Vaportherapy buttons are switched lol.

If not that could get a bit confusing haha.

Edit: I just messaged @herbalizerrepair for the in-depth questions as they pertain more to him than the Unit.

faksakes

Does anyone have any idea how many of these vaporizers were sold? I'm curious how many of us are going to be screwed when we can't get any more parts for it (bowls specifically).

CheebaChiefer

Does anyone have any idea how many of these vaporizers were sold? I'm curious how many of us are going to be screwed when we can't get any more parts for it (bowls specifically).
That's why I loaded up last year b4 prices spiralled not to mention availability being thin. Last October bought 2 bowl assemblies from POTV for $69.99, do they have more? I doubt it. Maz @herbalizerrepair has parts and recently had bowl assemblies for $100. Maz may help you with your sales numbers question, he used to work for Herbalizer and might know? I would be curious to know myself.

Seems like this vape never fully caught on with the mainstream crowd, likely due to the price. I rarely see it discussed outside of FC. I too would be interested to know how many they sold...

CheebaChiefer

It's an old video, just seems to suggest the original company made quite a few units....

Shame they imploded.
True that, management/ownership changes, infighting on the board of directors and perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back, the S&B legal action.

Shows just because you have a superior product it doesn't guarantee long term success.

I would be great if someone could continue the Halogen based heating system, seems clean and rock solid in terms of temperature control. I've heard that the Herbalizer is one of the few vapes that can achieve steady temps. of 5 degrees above or below the setpoint! That is astounding for a consumer grade device.

Brewervapesalot

When I read the pleadings, on Pacer, regarding the S & B law suit, the allegations were less than persuasive. The case was pretty quickly dismissed. Herbalizer denied the infringement categorically (all bowl designs are pretty similar, e.g., screen with housing assembly, that doesnt mean there is patent infringement). S & B agreed to dismiss the suit.

Reading more about S & B, this wasn't its only failed (frivolous) law suit against competitors that failed.

Honestly, such litigation had been the deciding factor in me not purchasing S & B products; make a better vaporizer S & B -- don't try to crush competition via government dictate just because you can afford to finance frivolous law suits against competitors....

The law suit, timing wise, certainly could have been the straw, quite literally, that broke herbalizer's back however...

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

zZV7dtM

https://ibb.co/zZV7dtM

Cali-Kush.

Brewervapesalot,

Brewervapesalot

Whoever has a chance to do what I describe below, should. It's really nice.

Take a fresh harvested bud. Small one or chunk of big one. Don't grind. Put in Herbalizer at 445f. Full fan. Let it go for about 30 seconds, then draw.

The vapor is not really too grassy at all. I think because it's not ground and not over heated. It's actually quite pleasant. Flavor comes through, very familiar with this strain. The extra moisture is nice. It's like taking a low temp hit from an EVO out of a hydratube with hot water in it.

Try it!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Whoever has a chance to do what I describe below, should. It's really nice.

Take a fresh harvested bud. Small one or chunk of big one. Don't grind. Put in Herbalizer at 445f. Full fan. Let it go for about 30 seconds, then draw.

The vapor is not really too grassy at all. I think because it's not ground and not over heated. It's actually quite pleasant. Flavor comes through, very familiar with this strain. The extra moisture is nice. It's like taking a low temp hit from an EVO out of a hydratube with hot water in it.

Try it!

I've tried the above but for different reasons and it's great! Lately the bud I've been getting is super sticky and doesn't grind well.... so I do the above until it's dry enough to crumble in my palm and then lower the temp to 390F to get a couple more super cloudy pulls. I do use a nice sized chunk though.

PalmPrePerson

Anyone have any ideas? I think my baby has gone to heaven. I turned her on and as she was heating up i saw a flash near the bowl and then it said on it Herbie is sick. Repairs? Where to get another one, that's new?

PalmPrePerson,
Anyone have any ideas? I think my baby has gone to heaven. I turned her on and as she was heating up i saw a flash near the bowl and then it said on it Herbie is sick. Repairs? Where to get another one, that's new?

Hit up @herbalizerrepair - he may be able to fix it for you. I think he also sells refurbished units from time to time.

His contact info can be found here - https://herbalizerrepair.com/

Top Bottom