The Herbalizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
jeffp,

MinnBobber

To try to clarify @jeffp :
Herbie tubing and attached composite tip fit INSIDE the Herbie upper chamber nipple.

SSV tubing fits on the OUTSIDE of the Herbie upper chamber nipple and please note----The SSV tubing is basically the same size OD as the Herbie nipple. I struggled for 5 minutes to get SSV tubing attached.
It eventually worked but it's truly a stretch.

I never use the Herbie upper chamber, much prefer using miniVAP Flexicone baskets. Do either of you happen to have a miniVAP?

EDIT --or here's another sweet option, the Delta3D Studio's Song @Ratchett plus @Oregonglassblower nice glass long stem/mouthpiece.

Herbie%20%20OGB%20glass%20mp.jpg

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
To try to clarify @jeffp :
Herbie tubing and attached composite tip fit INSIDE the Herbie upper chamber nipple.

SSV tubing fits on the OUTSIDE of the Herbie upper chamber nipple and please note----The SSV tubing is basically the same size OD as the Herbie nipple. I struggled for 5 minutes to get SSV tubing attached.
It eventually worked but it's truly a stretch.

I never use the Herbie upper chamber, much prefer using miniVAP Flexicone baskets. Do either of you happen to have a miniVAP?

Thank you very much - I'm going to paste this and send to her - this will make more sense to her visually.

stressed

@stressed - preheat the pad(s)? ; What is a nectar collector? Good temp tip w/conc. & leave, top off w pad too? DID U MEAN 320 Ish?
howdy!

i drop them in at 445. sometimes i start the fan right up, sometimes i leave the bowl alone for a minute. i mostly use the bags. a nice full bag of vape from a little dab of hash is nice. i don't notice a difference if i heat it up first but i'm usually high. :)

i meant 420 degrees for just tossing in some hash and bud. i just scored 8 new genetics and a couple grams of hash. i now have 22 different genetics!

nector collectors are great. mine cost $45ish.

this is the one i got -

i thought the torch would make me nervous but nope, it's pretty natural to fire it up after a couple times.

i've been using the solid valve for days and yesterday i realized i could barely push down the part that pushes down. all the parts felt like i poured honey on them they were so sticky! i'll have to start cleaning it off every week.

i ordered 12 new screens. little fuckers are easy to lose. and the brush from the solid valve kit is 10 times better than herbies brush.

the new stuff! :)
wlds1k.jpg

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have managed in spite of the closed Herbalizer Development Forum I spoke of, I managed to relocate my Herbie videos.
I decided to share them all.
It will take two posts... due to FC Media limit per post.
Herbalizer Time Test

Storing Herbalizer Hose

Herbalizer at 420º

Vitolo

Vaporist
Part 2:

Herbalizer@Vito's

Herbalizer with Plain Glass Tootie

Herbalizer with Bubbler

Herbalizer with Short Direct Draw

Herbalizer Connector

Vitolo,
Reactions: turk

stressed

I have managed in spite of the closed Herbalizer Development Forum I spoke of, I managed to relocate my Herbie videos.
I decided to share them all.
It will take two posts... due to FC Media limit per post.
Herbalizer Time Test

Storing Herbalizer Hose

Herbalizer at 420º
i'm very curious to hear about what went on and is going on. thanks!

stressed,

Tenzarin

I bought a volcano solid valve after seeing a friends volcano and hearing how the solid valve can be used with the herbalizer.

The bowl just feels more solid and doesn't get as hot. Since the part that attached to the balloon is larger the bag fills up, usually in before the 60s cut off. When dirty the herbalizer takes forever to fill up a bag. It got really annoying. And it also has a plunger to push and hold all the shit down.

Tenzarin,
Reactions: stressed

virtualpurple

I too prefer the volcano solid valve. I think it's just a better experience than the poorly made Herbalizer bags. The solid valve feels pretty luxurious.

virtualpurple,

stressed

Help! yesterday, it took 90 seconds to fill up my bag. this morning, it took a bit more than 120 secionds to fill the bag. i tried it a couple of times.

i cleaned every part, made a new smaller bag and tried it again. same deal. 120ish seconds to fill a bag that for a month or so has been filling them in 90 seconds.

i brushed off the heating place where you put the bowl too. no change.

i make small bowl fulls so it's not too full.

any idea what's up ? i'm assuming i have a machine that is not working properly which makes me nervous all things considered.

also, i usually put .1 in the bowl and fill 2 bags with it. i might do 4 bags in a row keeping the machine on all the time. sometimes i open and close the lid every bag full. what do you guys do if you are using it for 20 minutes or so? just leave it on or turn it off a few times?

thanks

Last edited:
stressed,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@stressed

Clean your screens. The top screen gets plugged and needs an alcohol bath + flame cleaning. I've torched my top screen clean for years now and have yet to replace it since getting my Herbalizer.

Winegums,

stressed

@stressed

Clean your screens. The top screen gets plugged and needs an alcohol bath + flame cleaning. I've torched my top screen clean for years now and have yet to replace it since getting my Herbalizer.
i change out the top screen ever day (i bought 24 screens) and clean them in 91% alcohol. i changed the bottom screen too. just to be sure, i'll get two brand new ones and give it whirl. i'm getting very stoned experimenting. :)

Last edited:
stressed,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
i change out the top screen ever day (i bought 24 screens) and clean them in 91% alcohol. i changed the bottom screen too. just to be sure, i'll get two brand new ones and give it whirl. i'm getting very stoned experimenting. :)
How fine are you grinding? That could also effect the airflow.

Try turning the lights off in the room and use a flash light to see any leaks.

Winegums,

stressed

How fine are you grinding? That could also effect the airflow.

Try turning the lights off in the room and use a flash light to see any leaks.
FUCK!! it's all better now!! lolololol. the one part i didn't clean was the part that screws onto the bowl. that and new screens and i'm happy happy! thanks! :yay:

i've been tossing a lot of hash into .1 of bud so it must have gotten extra sticky.

turk

turk
....me and gf driving down to san jose for weekend....san jose jazz festival...me...g.f....and .....herbie......so fuckin easy to travel with...also taking steamroller.....and whip....fuck the bags....lol

turk,

Vitolo

Vaporist
WHO WITH ACCESS HAS HIDDEN THE TRUTH??
My own paranoia and insecurity led me to believe the old developers forum (HDF; Hebalizer Development Forum) was taken off the air to hide some deeper truths.
This was not the case.
Our own fearless leader @vtac informed me it was a system error.
While no body without access can log onto the HDF it is reassuring to be forced to realize there was no monkey business!

Last edited:

Hillvap

The magnetic ring came off the bottom of my bowl can anyone plz suggest a glue thats safe and will hold up to the heat ? Id really appreaciate it thx

Hillvap,

Vitolo

Vaporist
While it is best to replace parts, and I do not like to glue....as long as it is not in the vapor path, I have successfully used "JB Weld" on vaporizer parts that are exposed to heat.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Vicki

Hillvap

While it is best to replace parts, and I do not like to glue....as long as it is not in the vapor path, I have successfully used "JB Weld" on vaporizer parts that are exposed to heat.
Yeah im with you on that i just cant swing he $70 or whatever it is for a new bowl atm . Thank you sir for the quick reply

Hillvap,
Reactions: Vitolo

Southern Chef

Hello everyone. I want to use my first post to echo @turk and a few others who have recommended the steamroller. I've had mine for about a month and can't believe how much it smooths out the already smooth herbie vapor. Amazing smooth cool clouds.

Southern Chef,
Reactions: turk

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
I bought a volcano solid valve after seeing a friends volcano and hearing how the solid valve can be used with the herbalizer.

The bowl just feels more solid and doesn't get as hot. Since the part that attached to the balloon is larger the bag fills up, usually in before the 60s cut off. When dirty the herbalizer takes forever to fill up a bag. It got really annoying. And it also has a plunger to push and hold all the shit down.

Be careful with this... Using the volcano FILLING CHAMBER (with the plunger) has been known to melt the plastic around the opening on the herbalizer. I like to use the solid valve ballon portion .. But only with the original herbalizer filling chamber. Yes you have to hold it down for a minute while it fills... But it's the best way to use balloons.

Someone did notice that if you use the yellow safety ring (from around the volcano filling chamber) and place it flat, and then place the volcano filling chamber on top of the yellow ring, it would prevent the melting.

Solid valve rocks... But careful with the volcano filling chamber

I too prefer the volcano solid valve. I think it's just a better experience than the poorly made Herbalizer bags. The solid valve feels pretty luxurious.
Check my last post - make sure you don't use the filling chamber too unless you use the yellow ring (from the volcano filling chamber) to protect the herbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Halfqq,
Top Bottom