The Herbalizer

Vapebk

Stupid question buuuut is the brown stuff in the top of the bowl and end of whip vaporizable ( i invented a new word ) just curious because it looks nothing like the goop I got from the eq

YungLeaner

Stupid question buuuut is the brown stuff in the top of the bowl and end of whip vaporizable ( i invented a new word ) just curious because it looks nothing like the goop I got from the eq
Yup! Mix it with bud after you scrape. Great clouds

YungLeaner,
Reactions: Madcap79

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
afraid not.
@Stu, There is no way I could let this pass!
main-qimg-ddb91b3c5e47c8a1b28d2124bfb178db

YungLeaner

Anyone still PMing the easter egg? Would love to know but honestly have tried a few things and would just like to know now.

A month in, and the Herbie is still kicking my ass. More evidence of its efficiency to me is the cloud disparity between different strains. Every type of bud has its own vape signature, of course--but the difference in between two different types of weed between the Herbie is tremendous sometimes. It isn't just a dryness/packing thing because I have played around with those variable a LOT. The Evo at about 3pm extracts any weed to the same level. On some buds, even nicer ones, the Herbie doesn't love giving huge clouds....But I tried some sativa shake the other day and nearly whitewalled my 3 foot beaker bong!

With some vaporizers that partially utilize conduction, I feel as though the weed's traits are subsumed into the vaporizer experience--if I'm using the evo, i will get big clouds no matter what, and although there are often taste differences, they are not always the easiest to tell. I believe this to be due to the way I use my Evo, which is with a heat soak and a rarely-removed ELB (I'm lazy), which means there's some conduction. Reminds me somewhat, although only mildly, of the way that my Pax used to give me milky rips with almost any starting material, and then die out afterwards quickly.

On the Herbalizer, the purity of convection means that my weed is extracted to its full convection vaporizing potential, but never--and I mean never--bringing it past that point. I can get clouds from the evo with herbie ABV, but what's the point? I'm already higher than I would have been with the Evo!

Of course, IMO these are the top-tier herb vapes and there's little to separate them. They make me never want to use a portable again. :)

Does anyone know of an inverter product strong enough to use the Herbalizer in the car?

YungLeaner

@stickstones holy shit your white wall method is working for me. it's getting harder and harder to poke around with the Evo and ELBs when my Herbie with a full nug (then reground) of Melon Kush, kief sprinkled, with Whip into a D020-D seems like close to the peak vapor experience...yum...

virtualpurple

Anyone still PMing the easter egg? Would love to know but honestly have tried a few things and would just like to know now.

A month in, and the Herbie is still kicking my ass. More evidence of its efficiency to me is the cloud disparity between different strains. Every type of bud has its own vape signature, of course--but the difference in between two different types of weed between the Herbie is tremendous sometimes. It isn't just a dryness/packing thing because I have played around with those variable a LOT. The Evo at about 3pm extracts any weed to the same level. On some buds, even nicer ones, the Herbie doesn't love giving huge clouds....But I tried some sativa shake the other day and nearly whitewalled my 3 foot beaker bong!

With some vaporizers that partially utilize conduction, I feel as though the weed's traits are subsumed into the vaporizer experience--if I'm using the evo, i will get big clouds no matter what, and although there are often taste differences, they are not always the easiest to tell. I believe this to be due to the way I use my Evo, which is with a heat soak and a rarely-removed ELB (I'm lazy), which means there's some conduction. Reminds me somewhat, although only mildly, of the way that my Pax used to give me milky rips with almost any starting material, and then die out afterwards quickly.

On the Herbalizer, the purity of convection means that my weed is extracted to its full convection vaporizing potential, but never--and I mean never--bringing it past that point. I can get clouds from the evo with herbie ABV, but what's the point? I'm already higher than I would have been with the Evo!

Of course, IMO these are the top-tier herb vapes and there's little to separate them. They make me never want to use a portable again. :)

Does anyone know of an inverter product strong enough to use the Herbalizer in the car?

See, it's funny. The inconsistencies with the herbalizer absolutely drives me nuts. I perhaps need to give @stickstones's method another go. I do kinda hate having to stir my vapes but it certainly appears that this is the most consistent method for satisfying clouds.

I wouldn't mind if if the Herbie bowl was coupled together magnetically. Or if there was some sort of stainless steel bb's that I could toss in the bowl and just shake up to break up the herb mid session.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: MinnBobber

YungLeaner

See, it's funny. The inconsistencies with the herbalizer absolutely drives me nuts. I perhaps need to give @stickstones's method another go. I do kinda hate having to stir my vapes but it certainly appears that this is the most consistent method for satisfying clouds.

I wouldn't mind if if the Herbie bowl was coupled together magnetically. Or if there was some sort of stainless steel bb's that I could toss in the bowl and just shake up to break up the herb mid session.
I don't have to use stickstones method, to be clear. With equivalent weed used and almost any method (I find the Evo and the Herbie to work with pretty much any grind) I get huge clouds through a bubbler, every time. Now, there have been rare occasions where I felt like I wasn't blowing clouds, but that was almost always a light problem. In good light I blow clouds that make me question where all that vapor was in my body. It's not quite as milky, almost-yellow like the Cloud Evo can get, but the quantity of vapor has been there for me every single hit.

YungLeaner,

Grim Chiclets

I've lurked around this thread a bit every once in a while, and wistfully imagined one day owning one of these beauts.. but I finally had the pleasure of trying out a brand new Herbie that a friend recieved today!

I'm impressed.
If the initial impression lasts..
:razz:

Grim Chiclets,

MinnBobber

I sometimes do nuggets in Herbie, like stickstones.
They will need a stir BUT I really hate messing with the Herbie stock bowl setup when it's hot.
I use the miniVAP Flexicone baskets as you can vape, remove basket-popoff top-stir nugs--snap on top--back in Herbie in 15 seconds. Note that stirring out/on a desk allows all the super-fine dust to fall there, vs down into Herbie.
And Herbie lower screen, lower chamber, upper chamber and upper screen almost never get dirty.
Herbie%20mV%20VXL.jpg

MinnBobber,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I do the nug/crumble with almost all my vapes now. For some reason, the money hits from Herbie seem to be a little thicker than the others. Those first hits after the crumble are so thick I can't see my finger through the bubbler.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@stickstones

I have been reading about "Your method" of using Herbie.
Could you point me to the post in the thread?

Herbie never fails to please, still after almost 2 years she still is in rotation!

lazylathe,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
it's just the nug and crumble method we've talked about on several threads. I throw a nugget in there and it it a few times. Then dump it out, crumble it up (once it's crispy enough) and put it back in. The first few hits are enormous!

Vakas

http://m.imgur.com/a/PnwOG
Let's get this thread bumping. The link I posted is my current latest Herbie mod. Herbie bowl to SSV tubing to 18mm whip adapter to Cloud Evo air intake to ELB to whip adapter to bong...with Herbie fan on, wax and bud in both Herbie and Evo...WOOOOOT

Can you please share the link for the adapter you used to hook up the whip to bottom of Evo?

Vakas,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@virtualpurple

Thanks for the tip!!
I have a ball bearing in my bowl now!
Vape, remove bowl and shake to crumble more and carry on!

No negative effects! Sounds like a paint can now!
I have also noticed that now my bud does not get stuck to the top screen so much!!

MinnBobber

No scratches on the bowl?? I would think metal on metal = scratches.
I never let any metal near the bowl---they charge too much for a replacement :)

MinnBobber,

lazylathe

Almost there...
No scratches on the bowl?? I would think metal on metal = scratches.
I never let any metal near the bowl---they charge too much for a replacement :)

No scratches or marks so far!
I shake gently, not like a crazed maniac! lol!!

virtualpurple

@virtualpurple

Thanks for the tip!!

I have also noticed that now my bud does not get stuck to the top screen so much!!

Oh that's cool that it actually works! Are you starting with ground flowers or buds?

I had not yet taken a look myself for an uncoated stainless steel ball bearing, but I like hearing that it works!

virtualpurple,

Tehmongoose

I like to hi
I just joined the club on the 18th and retired my,volcano the same day. This is the best vape I have ever used and I have owned and used alot of vapes! I love all the features, the whip, the way the bags work and how big the numbers are on the lcd. The bag and whip are not to mention how much tastier then the volcano at all temps! I'm loving this machine! I want to find the Easter eggs!

Start with a nug, then crumble a bit and add the BB.
Flowers mainly but a i have used. The concentrate stone 2xs. I love how the different buds taste. I'm mixing up certain buds just for the tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:

AspenPeeks

Vape Like a Goddess™
The Herbalizer has been out for over a year and a half.. have had mine for approx. 20 months.

I'm curious:
How many have had to return their Herbie for repair under warranty?
What was the issue?
What was the repair turn around time?
Have any blown the Herbie's fuse?

AspenPeeks,
Top Bottom