• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I wish we could make a poll for this thread on..

Who thinks its coming in..
  • Late May
  • July
  • December
  • Next February
  • Still looking like never
I think next February sounds realistic.

I actually don't think February is realistic.

I am expecting mine never.

Last edited by a moderator:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The whole thing hinges on the heater construction. If they can't figure that out it would be, as Trevor stated, a crippling event. I'm wondering how they tweaked the laser sintering process to up production from 30 a week to something workable. Seems kinda implausible.

hippogriff

I imagine they'll ship out whatever they can as soon as they can, but that'll still be June. It's all about the heaters, can they get them at a rate that will sustain the company? Prepared for the possibility that they'll get a few hundred out but won't survive long enough to fill the whole order (and w/ proprietary batteries we need them to deliver AND survive). Wish them the best, interesting to ponder.

Gregori

CannaBoss
I'm leaving for a holiday week in the beginning of july . Hope I'll get it here (Belgium ) before !

Gregori,

delloy

When do the Ti units ship?

@rosedale Careful buddy, I don't think you should be asking that here, you may get a telling off and a slap on the wrists ;)

This is now the official thread. The nonsense of the candidate thread will not be tolerated. Please limit shipping discussions to the Grasshopper Shipping Poll thread. This means (but is not limited to) queue order, shipping dates, order dates, or tracking info. Thanks for your cooperation.

Edit: not 100% why this was moved from the other thread. I didn't mention shipping at all and was just informing another member not to post shipping enquiries in the regular GH thread! So much for trying to be helpful eh! Was my post read in full or just the first line/quote before deciding to move? :2c: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ
It would be a bummer if my order get postponed from july to september :/

lovecrush,

tubasco

It would be a bummer if my order get postponed from july to september :/
Hi all. Longtime lurker, first post. Unless I'm mistaken (and have overlooked it this entire time), my invoice on the grasshopper website just began to show an "estimated ship date" of February 2014.
I don't recall ever seeing ANY estimated ship date before that appeared recently.
I've been a backer since December 11, 2013. Just FYI. Hope to hop soon.
And mods, thanks for a slick forum.

EDIT: I only posted this in response to lovecrush's worry of potentially postponed shipping. If my response was in the wrong place I apologize, as this was my first FC post ever. (what are the forum rules on this? do I simply ignore posts that are in the wrong place?) I'm unaware of how to respond to a post that's in the wrong place, and have the response go into the right place. I found it strange that my invoice went from simply saying "in progress" for YEARS now, to showing a date that passed 16 months ago, and thought that bit of info might shed light on lovecrush's concern. My apologies for a poor newb response.

Last edited:
tubasco,
Reactions: Gregori

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Edit: not 100% why this was moved from the other thread. I didn't mention shipping at all and was just informing another member not to post shipping enquiries in the regular GH thread! So much for trying to be helpful eh! Was my post read in full or just the first line/quote before deciding to move? :2c: :rolleyes:

It's a response to a post that was moved and to leave it behind would turn into out of context nonsense. Now go the the official thread and read what I posted about discussing how we manage threads. I'm tired of typing it out.

Hi all. Longtime lurker, first post. Unless I'm mistaken (and have overlooked it this entire time), my invoice on the grasshopper website just began to show an "estimated ship date" of February 2014.
I don't recall ever seeing ANY estimated ship date before that appeared recently.
I've been a backer since December 11, 2013. Just FYI. Hope to hop soon.
And mods, thanks for a slick forum.

EDIT: I only posted this in response to lovecrush's worry of potentially postponed shipping. If my response was in the wrong place I apologize, as this was my first FC post ever. (what are the forum rules on this? do I simply ignore posts that are in the wrong place?) I'm unaware of how to respond to a post that's in the wrong place, and have the response go into the right place. I found it strange that my invoice went from simply saying "in progress" for YEARS now, to showing a date that passed 16 months ago, and thought that bit of info might shed light on lovecrush's concern. My apologies for a poor newb response.

Thanks for the apology but it's not necessary. Making this post where you did is understandable. As a newcomer we don't expect you to have everything figured out by your first post. If you're really concerned that you made a mistake, you can always report your own post for a moderator to look at.

johnnyCanuck

So I upgraded from SS to Coloured Titanium on Monday.

Just wondering for those of you that have done the same. How long did it take to change your account info on their site? Mine still says that there's an unpaid balance when there isn't. Wondering if I should inquire about it as I'm a little paranoid that when it's time to ship my GH, it'll be delayed because my order sheet hasn't been updated. Then again, I doubt they'll ship my order out until the second half of this month.
Thanks.

johnnyCanuck,

grokit

well-worn member
:rockon:Finally checked. Order #13XXX placed Dec. 1, 2013, 4 p.m.

I changed from early bird ss to green ti at some point, and my ship date is also stuck on feb. 2014.

:p Okay how about some of the latest pics... feelin' it yet?

Standard_Main_fublJhl.jpg

Colors_Front_oKCit4a.jpg

charger.jpg

Stainless_Case.jpg

leather_sleeve_1.jpg

Battery.png

and of course...
box_2.png

:clap:

johnnyCanuck

@grokit. I like your style! I switched to the green too. Figure it goes well with the name. Not to mention that it looks pretty damn sexy all dressed up.

johnnyCanuck,
Reactions: grokit

mindful1

So I upgraded from SS to Coloured Titanium on Monday.

Just wondering for those of you that have done the same. How long did it take to change your account info on their site? Mine still says that there's an unpaid balance when there isn't. Wondering if I should inquire about it as I'm a little paranoid that when it's time to ship my GH, it'll be delayed because my order sheet hasn't been updated. Then again, I doubt they'll ship my order out until the second half of this month.
Thanks.
I did the same thing last week and everything was updated within a day. I inquired to Trevor on day 1 about the process, he responded same day. Day 2 I told him to proceed and send me a new Paypal invoice. Day 3 he sent the invoice and I paid on Day 4. My account was updated by the following day. Have you checked your Paypal account?

johnnyCanuck

I did the same thing last week and everything was updated within a day. I inquired to Trevor on day 1 about the process, he responded same day. Day 2 I told him to proceed and send me a new Paypal invoice. Day 3 he sent the invoice and I paid on Day 4. My account was updated by the following day. Have you checked your Paypal account?
I sent in a request on Day 1. Day 2 he asked me if I wanted to proceed and sent me an invoice and I paid it. Haven't heard anything since (that was this last Monday). My invoice was updated to a Ti unit and pricing but it still says "unpaid balance". Checked my Paypal account Tuesday and the transaction has gone through.

I guess I'll wait til Monday to see if it changes, otherwise I'll throw Trevor an email.
Thanks for the reply man.

johnnyCanuck,
Alright, so I don't know if the following will be entirely appropriate for this Official thread, but I've been wanting to ask the advice of the FC community regarding the Grasshopper for some time.

Due to psychological issues I decided to give my small vape collection to a friend this past winter before the new semester. In that bunch was one walnut Launch Box, one Firefly, and my beloved Lotus; yes, I know: I'm rather stupid. This spring issues of a physiological nature (namely seizures in sleep) worsened and I was hospitalized for nearly a week.

Having spent several months away from pot, I wondered if it might offer my body any relief during sleep...and, lo and behold: my sleep is magically better! I'm not kidding. There has honestly been a vast improvement in how I feel upon waking up (i.e. like a normal human being), how long I can manage to stay asleep, and other things I won't get into now. ..And that's just from smoking. Mids. :spliff:

About one week ago I pre-ordered one GH + one extra battery, and received the vague "July 2015" estimated ship date. Because of what some people have said here and in the previous thread and because of the delivery address, I have a feeling that means that the unit should arrive sometime in late July or early August, which is farther away than I'd like given that combustion is my current "daily driver."

Given that finances for me are pretty tight (young student here), should I wait patiently for the GH or cancel my order and go with something else (I was thinking perhaps a Crafty + solar charger à la @BuzzDanklin)?

Thanks everyone who reads and/or responds to this. :luv:

Last edited:
terminally_chill,
Top Bottom