The G Pen by Grenco Science

350 pulls sounds ridiculously great.. I should have started vaping concentrates a long time ago!

I do have a question about your screen mod, though. How did you get the bottom portion of wick out and place the screen in?

Did you pull off the clear plastic cylinder surrounding the element/wick? Mine seems "on" there pretty well and I'm afraid to put anymore force into it lol.
I was wondering the same thing..

BillyBongThornton,

Tim

Just an observation, my brand new "tank" is pretty much soaked in glycerin.. or some liquid. The wicks are very wet. Debating whether or not I should throw it in front of a light heater to get rid of some of it before I start vaping..

Tim,

Vayperson

Yeah, the battery life is pretty awesome on the g pen for sure!!

You can use a tweezers or the g tool to fish the wick's from the bottom of the tank. Then use a small scissors to cut the wick so it hangs down just under fat part of the ceramic circle. Speaking of the cylinder, You dont want to remove that. The screen goes around the cylynder. I have created this (horribly crude) drawing of what im talking about.

OEO6c.jpg

Tim, Its definitely weird that you can see liquid in the tank. Never had that happen with my gtanks. My suggestion would be to load the concentrate in the gtank vs. trying to burn anything off though.

Cheers,
vayperson

Vayperson,

Tim

Hey Vayperson, I loaded some concentrate and took a few hits. I waited for most of it to visibly melt, and after 7-8 hits, the G-pen will still produce strong vapor from the glycerin. I think I will try to get more of it out while I work on this mod!

The short-wick mod is great for me, because the stuff I use is more sticky and less runny, and it sits in the ceramic heating element very nicely. Going to attempt this mod now.

Tim,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Just an observation, my brand new "tank" is pretty much soaked in glycerin.. or some liquid. The wicks are very wet. Debating whether or not I should throw it in front of a light heater to get rid of some of it before I start vaping..
might be better to throw it in the trash imo? somethings always going to be burning that's not your concentrate. your concentrate is not e juice.

kushcabbage,
Reactions: OF

Tim

Cut the wick and dried off most of it. I think I'm past the worst of the glycerin. I used to purchase refills for my e-cigs so I'm not completely unaccustomed to the smell.

Tim,

OF

Guys,

Not that I think it's a good use of time and resources to try to force an e-juice cart to do what it wasn't designed to do and all (what with proven designs for better preforming gear are available) but if you're going to fight with it let me at least tell you how to trim the screens down?

Don't try to cut a circle. Don't fight it. Cut a square first along the mesh lines. Then cut the corners off so it's 8 sided and stable. That might do it fine, otherwise trim the 8 points off a bit it'll be 'round enough' and won't come undone on you.

Good luck, although I think you'd be 'money ahead' to go with a purpose built design not a 'make do kluge'. Lots of guys start here (or with similar 'revolutionary, best vape in the world' units) and go to the 'big dogs' after spending time and money. Nobody seems to ever go back....there's a clue there....

OF

Tim

I agree OF, and I'm one that appreciates quality. However, I was on the market for a group-friendly method of quick, convenient medication.

If someone were looking for a personal concentrate vaporizer, I would definitely recommend something from the TV or Omicron lines. Throw a power adapter in there and you're set, all day.

But, I just ordered an Inhalater and I'm planning on ordering a Pax soon. The budget has to take a hit elsewhere..
For $60 (what I would consider the bottom end of the price spectrum for vaporizers) this makes a great party piece without the complications of a TV.

So I took the G-pen to a Neon Trees concert @ The Wiltern in LA. It worked WONDERFULLY!

We would inhale, place the G-pen in a pocket, and exhale upwards. A few seconds later, people in front of us were looking around trying to figure out where the smell comes from.. So yes, there is a bit of smell, but it's pretty minimal IMO. And it comes from the exhale, naturally, and not the device!
It was hilarious watching people try to pinpoint the source of the odor.

I'm loving it so far. One thing to note, the air path can get clogged if you place too much concentrate onto the heating element. Not a huge deal, but it turns a 10 second hit into a 20 second one (which isn't as.. stealthy), if the device is dead cold.

It's scary how easy it is to raise my tolerance now, now that I have access to such a convenient way to vape concentrates. Discretion is key, and I think this is as close as it gets for me.

how much do I pack in the g pen to keep it hitting for awhile, without wasting my concentrates? do I pack it right on the element, or the wicks? I am new to vapes and am not quite sure if I am using this correctly.

BillyBongThornton,

Vayperson

Kushcabbage, why do you continuously come in this thread to tell us about how we are wasting our concentrate and we should throw our gpens in the trash?? You are adding absolutely nothing positive to this thread. Please go away, or in the least....come up with something interesting to say.

Vayperson,
Reactions: Tim

OF

Kushcabbage, why do you continuously come in this thread to tell us about how we are wasting our concentrate and we should throw our gpens in the trash?? You are adding absolutely nothing positive to this thread. Please go away, or in the least....come up with something interesting to say.

While I understand your view, and support your 'right' to express it, I think KC is honestly relating his experience in the hope of saving newbies a lot of grief and expense.....something I hope you support?

The unfortunate history here is most (if not all) who try this guy (and similar units) come to regret it and move on, I know of nobody 'going back'. There are, IMO, better options worth at least considering. In the end, of course, it's always the customer's decision. The motivation is, I think, making that decision as informed as possible?

Many of us are 'big on vaporizing'. We want others to share our success and enjoy the long term benefits. Despite what haters might say, I don't think there's a hidden agenda here (or with some of my posts elsewhere that draw heat), we're trying to help.

If you don't agree, or find that offensive, may I ask you to just skip over it? Others may well benefit from the information. Thanks in advance for considering it.

OF

OF,

ebb

Hey Vayperson when you put the screen in the gpen are the wicks below the screen or are they resting on top of the screen? I like your mod suggestions and i am going to try it thanks you.

ebb,

Tim

Hey Vayperson when you put the screen in the gpen are the wicks below the screen or are they resting on top of the screen? I like your mod suggestions and i am going to try it thanks you.
It looks like the wicks sit above the screen, as there is no residue under the screen in his picture.

Tim,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Mostly because I find this very interesting yall work so hard at this plastic tank.. and in the interest of people watching this thread is nice having the people in the background yelling "don't use this!" There's kids who watch these threads :) My advice: just don't give your precious g pen to your grandma. I'm sure she'll thank her lucky stars she's never heard of g tank. I'll take my experience elsewhere *unwatch thread* *disable notifications* enjoy your lungs mates, that silica rope tastes nice in the morning I hear.

kushcabbage,

OF

I'll take my experience elsewhere *unwatch thread* *disable notifications* enjoy your lungs mates, that silica rope tastes nice in the morning I hear.

IMO a great loss, but your call. Too bad, IMO you contribute greatly around these forums, but I understand nobody likes abuse for their efforts. IMO you were helping 'keep it real', I hope you continue to do so elsewhere.

In my experience you remain open to new ideas and concepts.....a very good thing.

"There is no substitute for experience". Ego, bluster and ignorance will only carry you so far in life.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Krumrein

Hey everybody,
G-Pen owner here. I do love the performance and the concept of this pen vape, but I can't say that I haven't had problems. I have blown out two tanks while still being careful of the heating element. I don't know if I'm not re dabbing often enough, or what.

Anyhow, I am having some issue contacting Grenco Science and would like their shipping address from anybody who might have it. I need to send my g-tank back with my receipt and whatnot. I did find a LA address, but I'm not sure if this is just their front office staff.

11901 Santa Monica Blvd │ Suite 658 │ Los Angeles, CA 90025

I'm very anxious to get back on track with this baby. :)

Any suggestions?

-krumrein

Krumrein,

OF

I have blown out two tanks while still being careful of the heating element. I don't know if I'm not re dabbing often enough, or what.

I need to send my g-tank back with my receipt and whatnot. I did find a LA address, but I'm not sure if this is just their front office staff.

Any suggestions?

First off, sorry you're having troubles. My advice is to definitely make contact before you send anything off. You definitely don't want to be mailing any contraband. That means even if it's legal on both ends, regulations would require the receiver to inform the Feds......

OF

OF,
I haven't modded mine at all, just trying to find techniques for optimum usage. This is my first vape, and I intend to try others. I was just curious if I am loading it incorrectly. I appreciate everyone's input, whatever their opinion may be. Honestly, I haven't a clue what I am doing..

BillyBongThornton,

eyes42

Hey everybody,
G-Pen owner here. I do love the performance and the concept of this pen vape, but I can't say that I haven't had problems. I have blown out two tanks while still being careful of the heating element. I don't know if I'm not re dabbing often enough, or what.

Anyhow, I am having some issue contacting Grenco Science and would like their shipping address from anybody who might have it. I need to send my g-tank back with my receipt and whatnot. I did find a LA address, but I'm not sure if this is just their front office staff.

11901 Santa Monica Blvd │ Suite 658 │ Los Angeles, CA 90025

Any suggestions?

-krumrein

i have the same issue.. trying to get my gpen battery replaced but idk where to send it.

eyes42,

Tim

i have the same issue.. trying to get my gpen battery replaced but idk where to send it.
I could be wrong, but I've been told the G-pen battery is a typical/generic (510 I think) e-cig battery.

Tim,
Hello everybody. I have purchased a g-pen recently for 57 USD, and I am satisfied with the product. For those tasting plastic, YOU NEED TO LOAD THE THING. common sense? Also, It may not be the best personal vap out there, but for 57 bucks it is well worth the investment. I like the mod ideas too, probably makes for an even better experience. Alll in all, the g pen is a thumbs up for me. And, I made a username and what not just so I could say KUSH KABBAGE, you are a buzz kill sir. If you don't like the g pen, don't use it. Very simple. Stop tainting these forums with your negative feedback. It is not helping anybody. And also, I think a few of you guys work for omicron or whatever, lol. Why else be so adamant about their products?

standcorrected,
And also, I think a few of you guys work for omicron or whatever, lol. Why else be so adamant about their products?

Omicron and Thermovape are spoken of well here because they generally work for most users. AFAIK, the only people getting paid are registered as such on this BB. Many of the rest of us have had no lack of complaints, suggestions and general gripes, but these two brands offer products which are still the best things available (for now :) ).

A good comparison might be government by democracy - It stinks, but I don't know a better method.

-NDA

OF

Why else be so adamant about their products?

Maybe because they really are so much better, and we know it?

You're assuming KC (watch the spelling....) is not being honest, why would you say that? IMO he's trying to help new guys out, you can read whatever you want into it, but I suggest you haven't given him the benefit of the doubt you'd want if you were in his place.

Notice this thread is five pages long. Lots of that, as you so wisely point out, is advice on how to make a marginal system work better. Then go look at the Omicron thread, it's 350. And the larger version, Persei is an additional 150. Those pages contain a log of guys who started out with this and similar vapes. Notice anyone here that started with Omicron and 'upgraded'? I don't either.

This is not a 'Ford vs Chevy' deal. The two systems are not on par with each other.

By all means do enjoy your new toy. But don't make the mistake of thinking it's the best around. For another $30 you could have bought the Omicron O-Phos, someday I hope you will.

And no, I don't work for them either. I've just tried both systems. Once you have too, I'll give you dollars to doughnuts your attitude will change as well.

Best wishes.

OF

Top Bottom