The Flower Kettle by Custom Flower Hardware

.brew

With my B2, dabbing got it super grimy and hard to even get open. It’s due for a cleaning so I’ll let you know soon.
I found PBW was the best cleaning method. Heated a mug half full of water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, dropped a pinch of PBW into the mug, stirred it up well and dropped the balls in and they came out clean as new. After it cools off after about 5 minutes do a fresh mug of water and PBW. You can drop both parts of the head in there, too, alongside the balls or in their own mug. PBW won't harm the SS but just make sure all the powder is fully stirred in so it doesn't stick to the metal and possibly etch it (not sure if it will, but it can etch glassware so caution (rule seems to be "fully dissolved, fully submerged, and not soaking for too long" and I've never had a problem with glass or metal following that).

I'd say don't even waste any time with ISO.

Momor

The point of that part of his review was to discuss the fact that the FT can only be used for convection and there isn't any way to take a hybrid or conduction hit
In order to prove that point for the FT, he holds the glass bowl with the FT on it saying "if I can hold that bowl it's 'cause there is no heat transfered to the bowl, so this is the proof off 100% convection working ball vape", right ?
But you can do the same with the FK so according to his demonstration it would also be 100% convection although you can still hold the bowl of the FK even though your head is touching the herbs and you're getting a hybrid rip.
Don't you agree that his explanation/demonstration is bad ?

It's right at the first minute at about 1:15. That's also where he first uses the phrase "big thick hybrid rips" and it's in relation to the SS tip touching the flower.
You're totally right and I must have skipped that part the few times i checked the video.
I think that talking about it briefly once at the beginning of a 20 minutes video isn't the best.

One could think : if the only thing that makes the FK better/more versatile than the FT is that possibility of taking hybrid rips because the head can touch the flower, one could do the same with the FT for exemple by loading the bowl until the herbs are in contact with the head also.
I think it's possible to make your ball head touching the herbs with every injector head if you want to, don't you ? (More herbs or shallower bowl).
I know why it wouldn't work properly or even at all because I read the forum a lot for a few years now but there is no clue in that review.

Then the part with the carb cap + terp pearls : wouldn't just slowing his draw speed do quite the same ? It seems he add them so the hot air takes more time to reach the end of the bowl ?

IMHO the last vape reviews I've seen, no matter the reviewer, were bad and all my rant goes on this one. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure everyone that read this thread could do a better job than Lee explaining why the FK is so special and the video quality could be better with my old Nokia 3310, lol.

Sorry for the long rant again but in the end it's just that I'm very frustrated (and I really shouldn't be) by the fact that a lot of thoughts and engineering seem to have been put in the development of this vape but the reviews are very bad at demonstrating/explaining them thoroughly.

Thanks for all your replies. I said all I wanted to so don't sorry, I'll not talk about all that again 😅

Momor,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
In order to prove that point for the FT, he holds the glass bowl with the FT on it saying "if I can hold that bowl it's 'cause there is no heat transfered to the bowl, so this is the proof off 100% convection working ball vape", right ?
But you can do the same with the FK so according to his demonstration it would also be 100% convection although you can still hold the bowl of the FK even though your head is touching the herbs and you're getting a hybrid rip.

You're totally right, and I must have skipped that part the few times i checked the video.
I think that talking about it briefly once at the beginning of a 20 minutes video isn't the best.

One could think : if the only thing that makes the FK better/more versatile than the FT is that possibility of taking hybrid rips because the head can touch the flower, one could do the same with the FT for exemple by loading the bowl until the herbs are in contact with the head also.
I think it's possible to make your ball head touching the herbs with every injector head if you want to, don't you ? (More herbs or shallower bowl).
I know why it wouldn't work properly or even at all because I read the forum a lot for a few years now but there is no clue in that review.

Then the part with the carb cap + terp pearls : wouldn't just slowing his draw speed do quite the same ? It seems he add them so the hot air takes more time to reach the end of the bowl ?

IMHO the last vape reviews I've seen, no matter the reviewer, were bad and all my rant goes on this one. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure everyone that read this thread could do a better job than Lee explaining why the FK is so special and the video quality could be better with my old Nokia 3310, lol.

Sorry for the long rant again but in the end it's just that I'm very frustrated (and I really shouldn't be) by the fact that a lot of thoughts and engineering seem to have been put in the development of this vape but the reviews are very bad at demonstrating/explaining them thoroughly.

Thanks for all your replies. I said all I wanted to so don't sorry, I'll not talk about all that again 😅
I wouldn't worry too much about reviewers when you can flip through the 18 pages of the thread and get everything you need to know about the FK from the 200 plus videos of it.:tup: SOOO many shots of what all other vapes are unable to do! :nod: Did i mention it's created by an FC OG that has every other vape?:wave: Here's the point in case...
There are no other videos I've seen where a vape can hit like this. :cool:I really appreciate your interest in the FK and hope you're able to participate in the world's most complete, versatile, and powerful vaporization system out there one day!:):tup:
Edit:
Is this practical? Fuck no! Is it safe? Maybe not so much. But if you can pull this off Is the hit really worth it? :shrug: Fuckcombustion yea it is!:rockon::tup:

Last edited:

Momor

I wouldn't worry too much about reviewers when you can flip through the 18 pages of the thread and get everything you need to know about the FK from the 200 plus videos of it.:tup:
You're right, sorry for derailing the thread.

Did i mention it's created by an FC OG that has every other vape?:wave:
I know that but I find it quite a shame that it's not more mentioned in the reviews (could have missed it also)

I'm actually jealous of all the vapes you have (but not at all of your sesh spot if I may 😅)

The recent drop in price of your kit is more attractive but customs fees and taxes will murder me... Hopefully one day...

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I'd like to touch on Lee for just a second. Lee and I became good buddies. :) That being said, this guy being able to slam like a gram of weed and dual concentrate stackers within a 20 min video and also mind you hold his shit together enough to speak intelligently about badass vapes speaks volumes!:nod: I used to think I was pro level.:disgust: This dude is BOMB level!!:bowdown::rockon:💣

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I received an an email from Scott saying I was "...getting a crack at the new heads". Is this a design change or just a new batch?
Same design brother, better Machining. The inside out is glossy smooth! I'm actually burning yours off now and dropping at the post office in and hour. :nod::tup: The 1st of the new 100 heads! All clean AF!:rockon: Electropath production starts tomorrow!:clap:

.brew

I don't know if I'd say his demonstrations are bad so much as I think what he was demonstrating was different from what you took away from it. I took that as demonstrating how a convection vape works and not really a comparison between the two vapes other than demonstrating the FT could only heat the bowl via convection. Of course, he's also extremely stoned so there's that, too. :)

As far as I know, it's not possible for any other ball head on the market to touch the flower the way the FK does because it has a machined flat end that can rest on top of the flower. Every other vape on the market that I know of either uses a diffuser head that wraps around the outside of the bowl (heating the entire thing via conduction) or an injector head that slips inside the bowl (heating the flower only via convection).

The difference between those (and the FT) and the FK is those injector heads are hollow tubes. In order to try and do what the FK does on one of those other vapes you'd have to pack a bowl so high that it touched the bottom screen of the ball chamber itself...inside the injector "tube," which aside from requiring a gram or two of flower just simply wouldn't work because the tube would just sit on top of the flower. That would force the injector even higher than wherever the top of the flower ended up unless you crushed, mangled, jammed or whatever it took to smash that "tube" down over the column of flower in the bowl. There's some type of scenario where you would be able to jam the injector partway into the bowl and gain some conduction from the sides of the hollow tube but it wouldn't be practical and probably why I've never seen anyone try to do that.

Not a problem at all happy to answer anything I can. I don't think there's anything to be sorry about and it seems there's a number of people who are interested in more discussion in the thread anyway.

Only seeing these on VZ Goodies and I don't believe he ships to Canuckistan, is there a website I can order from then?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
20240117-133623.jpg

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I'm making those today. :science: We should have them up on site by Saturday.:tup: Ed's Handle delivery hopefully by tomorrow then we're ready to rock!:rockon:
Got me one of those fancy 220v burner offer doohickey thingys!

20240118-084804.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Handles came today, thank you, Ed, stunning work as always, brother!:tup: :clap: these are 220v kits shipping out across the world Monday morning!:rockon: How fuckingcombustion cool is that!:cool:
20240120-212938.jpg

Cleaned and assembled these 23 110v heads today. Still need to burn off and kit up. Including a 6mm stainless steel heat peal as well now. Another different effect! :brow: Thank you guys so much for being part of this journey, it's getting more fun by the day!:love:
20240120-134356.jpg

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
10 110v kits ready to ship...make that 9!:rockon:
Edit: We also have Sezzle up and running.:tup: Now we need to figure out how to get the International shipping up next for you guys and we'll be all set. Metal shop today to check out the first Path off the press to make sure its all good before the next 99:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom