• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Will this still work without the flavor chamber?
I wouldn’t. I think it would get pretty gross. The flavor chambers inside gets evenly coated with reclaim. It also adds some restriction which is important in a conduction vape. You could grab a new one here. Good luck and enjoy!

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Adobewan

DogDad

I wouldn’t. I think it would get pretty gross. The flavor chambers inside gets evenly coated with reclaim. It also adds some restriction which is important in a conduction vape. You could grab a new one here. Good luck and enjoy!

I bought the IQ when they first came out. The flavor chamber cracked the second day I had it. It was financially difficult for me to buy this vape in the first place so I didn't replace the chamber at the time. I still tried to use it for a while then tried to clean it. After that the IQ became the most vile broken expensive thing I ever put in my mouth so I put it away for a while hoping the bong water taste would go away. It didn't.

I tried to use it again the other day and it reminded all the reasons I regret buying this vape including the fact it reaches molten temps in your hand. ( I purchased another less expensive portable within a couple of months of buying the IQ and have not had any issues since. )

I could go on. My battery door never fit right. It was and is still is hard to close the way it's designed (strong spring and small connecting tab) and every time you raise the lid to change the battery, the mouthpiece and all it's parts have to be reset because the rubber falls out. Swapping Samsung batteries always took more time than it should and was always fiddly.

I could go on about how hard it was to clean (aka mission impossible in my case), and more, but suffice it to say that I found IQ an over complicated design that wasn't engineered very well. After I used it, the vape could not be returned.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
After I used it, the vape could not be returned.
I have heard the stories. It’s a shame that was your experience. I have been lucky and haven’t experienced any of the issues other buyers have had to deal with. One of the biggest selling points when I bought the IQ was that it comes with a ten year warranty. You might not be able to return it but they will do a warranty claim on a used item. Assuming you are the original purchaser, I would definitely start an RMA with them. On the previous page @BMvape says the process has been slow alluding that COVID may be playing a factor in turn around time. Maybe he can continue to update us? It really is a good vape and worth the wait to get one that works like it was intended to.

DogDad

I have heard the stories. It’s a shame that was your experience. I have been lucky and haven’t experienced any of the issues other buyers have had to deal with. One of the biggest selling points when I bought the IQ was that it comes with a ten year warranty. You might not be able to return it but they will do a warranty claim on a used item. Assuming you are the original purchaser, I would definitely start an RMA with them. On the previous page @BMvape says the process has been slow alluding that COVID may be playing a factor in turn around time. Maybe he can continue to update us? It really is a good vape and worth the wait to get one that works like it was intended to.

Thank you for the response.

BMvape

A quick update on the RMA progress. A day after my post, I got an email that the replacement unit is being shipped. Now a day later, the tracking number just says a label has been created. So.. progress is being made. It has now been 40 days since my unit was delivered to their repair center. I’m not as much complaining as I am just warning others that it may take some time. This will be my third new unit (oven crack, dead oven, power issue) under the warranty. I bought the IQ when it first came out in 2016 so I will have had 4 units in 4 years. I run it pretty hard so I treat it as a yearly tuneup. The warranty is really a selling point, and in the past it’s usually about a 2 week turnaround.
I’ve been using my old Ascent as a backup, and as much as I love the flavor of the first couple of hits, I do miss the IQ. It’s easier to load and clean (for the most part) and the swappable battery means I always have power. As far as using the IQ without the flavor chamber, there’s nothing to stop you from doing so, but you won’t have a tight seal, so draw probably won’t be great and it would make a mess of that inner body. If you had to do it while waiting on a replacement, I guess it’s better than burning a j.
Switching gears.. does anyone know if they plan on fixing the app/smart path reset issue? That’s been really annoying.

DogDad

As far as using the IQ without the flavor chamber, there’s nothing to stop you from doing so, but you won’t have a tight seal, so draw probably won’t be great and it would make a mess of that inner body. If you had to do it while waiting on a replacement, I guess it’s better than burning a j.
Switching gears.. does anyone know if they plan on fixing the app/smart path reset issue? That’s been really annoying.

I tried it and it's worthless without the flavor chamber for the reasons you say. I have an X-max v2 pro when I'm away from my desktop. It's not fancy but it works fine.

Adobewan

I tried it and it's worthless without the flavor chamber for the reasons you say. I have an X-max v2 pro when I'm away from my desktop. It's not fancy but it works fine.
Why didn’t you send the flavor chamber in for a replacement under the warranty?

Adobewan,
Reactions: DogDad

BMvape

To close the story of my RMA, I received a replacement unit 44 days after they took delivery of my dead unit. The difference this time is that they don’t just send a full new package like they used to. All that is in the slim box is a bare unit. No pick, no mouthpiece, no flavor chamber, and more importantly no battery. I didn’t care about not getting back anything that wasn’t sent in, but they do make you send the battery. After a quick chat with customer support, they said they would send one to me, so waiting on that.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve been holding what seems like a clunky ascent for the last month and a half, but this replacement unit feels really good. Just feels more solid and crisp in my hand. All of the doors and hinges sit perfectly. Great performance as well, nice even bake, thick clouds... always did, but just seems like this generation is really polished. Under the circumstances, I’m happy with the process, just be prepared to wait if you have an issue.

mack7one

Has anyone had this issue with the iq once the iq gets hot the top lid opens and won’t stay closed until it cools down

mack7one,

Tranquility

Has anyone had this issue with the iq once the iq gets hot the top lid opens and won’t stay closed until it cools down
Yep. One of the issues for some. I think it is discussed in the earlier portions of the thread, I'm not sure of the "fix". I loved this vape at first, but soon realized my more casual cleaning regimen along with the finiky nature of the top portion of the vape with All The Things stuffed in the same area made it unreliable for me.

Tranquility,
Reactions: DogDad

BMvape

Just curious how others would manage an oven’s worth of material if they plan on multiple sessions throughout a day.
I value the effects and convenience over those first few really tasty hits. Given that, does anyone have an opinion as to whether you should load all of your material at once, or break into 2 or 3 doses?
I would think a larger dose would have better effect, but if you want to vape at a lower temp later you couldn’t achieve the same results, so your last session’s highest temp would have to be the starting point of the next?
And a follow up, how many 10 minute sessions do you shoot for on a full oven?

BMvape,

Adobewan

Just curious how others would manage an oven’s worth of material if they plan on multiple sessions throughout a day.
I value the effects and convenience over those first few really tasty hits. Given that, does anyone have an opinion as to whether you should load all of your material at once, or break into 2 or 3 doses?
I would think a larger dose would have better effect, but if you want to vape at a lower temp later you couldn’t achieve the same results, so your last session’s highest temp would have to be the starting point of the next?
And a follow up, how many 10 minute sessions do you shoot for on a full oven?
I would consider using the glass spacers for separate sessions.

Okla68

Yep. One of the issues for some. I think it is discussed in the earlier portions of the thread, I'm not sure of the "fix". I loved this vape at first, but soon realized my more casual cleaning regimen along with the finiky nature of the top portion of the vape with All The Things stuffed in the same area made it unreliable for me.
My friend wanted to try my Nano, so, I asked to trade for a few days for his IQ....WOW...Sure Glad I Didnt spend money for one of these...to each their own I guess !
Very Disappointed !!

Okla68,

ChilledAsian

Man I had to dig deep to find this thread! It’s been a year since I bought this vape and I’ve since moved on from it being my daily driver in favor of heavier hitting desktop vapes but I still find myself fondly revisiting it quite often. I struggled with the IQ in the beginning trying to make it an efficient micro doser with the use of what is quite a large bowl. Don’t get me wrong, you can vape very small amounts, especially with the glass inserts, but I find it leaves something to be desired.... like being more high.😄 I’ve been fixated on NewVapes FlowerPot for awhile now but sometimes I want something a bit less intense. Sessions on the IQ are perfect and I enjoy the change going from full convection to conduction. I appreciate conduction a lot more these days. Nowadays I pack .05-.1g, tamp it down with glass spacer on top, set it to 420, and fill my 18” tube up 3-4 times with thick milky vapor.🚀 👨‍🚀View attachment 1572
Does it hit harder with this setup? Just curious since I recently fired up my IQ after 2 years.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Does it hit harder with this setup?
The IQ runs hot, which I’m sensitive to, and with a glass piece like this I can handle the big hits it throws at me. I think the most important part of getting dense clouds from the IQ is a good tight pack. The glass spacers are helpful too when only doing 1/2 bowl packs. Enjoy and let us know how your revisit goes. What’s your current daily driver vape?

@Okla68
Sure Glad I Didnt spend money for one of these...to each their own I guess !
Very Disappointed !!

What didn’t you like? How were you using it? How much were you packing? What temp? With a piece or one of the native mouth pieces. My IQ produces similar vapor and results to my log vapes. I might have had similar feelings when I first got my IQ but as I learned to use it the experience greatly improved.

Last edited:

ChilledAsian

The IQ runs hot, which I’m sensitive to, and with a glass piece like this I can handle the big hits it throws at me. I think the most important part of getting dense clouds from the IQ is a good tight pack. The glass spacers are helpful too when only doing 1/2 bowl packs. Enjoy and let us know how your revisit goes. What’s your current daily driver vape?

Recently my rotations are dynavap, vapman and ohv micro. Occasionally i used the IQ for sessions. Funny when I got this they weren't selling yet the spacers and I got an extra pearl to reduce the bowl size. Will get some spacers it might make a difference.

ChilledAsian,

shopdognyc

anyones IQ just shut off if you move it like an inch? Mine does. Lid pops open every time too. What a piece of shit.

Have an IQ2 but don't use enough to know. No issues so far for me. Does the IQ have a hard reset or firmware update?

shopdognyc,

Randy Lahey

Have an IQ2 but don't use enough to know. No issues so far for me. Does the IQ have a hard reset or firmware update?
who knows. I just hate the thing at this point. Its my second !Q because my first one was returned because it kept shutting off spontaneously. If a firmware update stopped the lid from popping open 5 seconds after the thing was heated, Id be surprised. Garbage. Never again Davinci.

Randy Lahey,

shopdognyc

@Randy Lahey sorry to hear man. I'll have to watch out for mine though I don't use as frequently as my other stuff, but I always go back and appreciate.

They do RMA the stuff I'd just reach out, wouldn't hurt. You have some good gear with the FF and S2 to hold you out for now.

shopdognyc,

cooper

Interesting reading above. My IQ works well, though the design is frustrating.

I came here to ask where I can find the app for the iq (android) i cant find a working download :(

cooper,

dimitri

I came here to ask where I can find the app for the iq (android) i cant find a working download :(

you aren't losing anything since it was crap and unreliable!!!

so i didn't bother using it in the end and i don't even know if it was ever upgraded / corrected...

P.S. : seems the app vanished can't find it too on play store.. and i changed phone...

Adobewan

Never use the app, still my favorite electric portable.

Adobewan,
Reactions: cooper
Top Bottom