Jqcj5

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't he say to be careful pouring ISO into the unit?

That could have been mentioned in a subsequent video.

Jqcj5,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't he say to be careful pouring ISO into the unit?

No, in his howto he was even spraying it in the vapor path. He is obviously assuming that the vapor path is completely isolated, which it doesn't seem to be.

Siebter,

Jqcj5

I also remember something about plugging the chamber holes with your fingers after spraying ISO in it.

And I found this in the comments below the video:

"Sorry to hear that Hubert! A couple questions, did you put your fingers into the bowl and flavor chamber area to plug them, or simply put your fingers over the hole? I noticed it will leak if not plugged deeper than the very edge of the hole."

and

"Sounds like ISO got into places it doesn't belong. How many times have you cleaned it that way? In all of the IQs I've handled, the path is sealed and not leaky at all. I'll probably re-edit this video and add a big disclaimer that some users have reported having leaky IQs."

Jqcj5,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, I didn't browse through all the comments before following his howto.

I actually shut the hole with a (very tight sitting) silicone plug. I don't see a disclaimer yet.

I don't blame him at all (although I think it's about time for that disclaimer), but it actually fucked up my IQ – yet I'm grateful for that, because it forced me to buy a new device to be shared with others, in the end I purchased something much nicer than the IQ. :-)

Siebter,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
DaVinci says the new dosing pods will work in the IQ and will be available on their website in 2-3 week. I’d like to try them. Right now my micro dosing setup in the IQ is herb then large spacer followed by cotton to fill the void and the Pearl pushes it all together tightly. This works awesomely but I’m hoping these pods can streamline the process a bit.

sd401k

It's my IQ's 2 year aniversary and it's still knocking my dick in the dirt on a daily basis. Not one problem or hiccup in the 2 years I've had it...just perfect performance.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
For all who follow this thread. I thought others with IQs would want to be on the lookout for this. @Davinci_vaporizer made a comment in the IQ2 thread alluding they have an upgrade program coming for us IQ owners. I have zero issues with my original IQ but certainly would take advantage of this. Keep us posted @Davinci_vaporizer. Thanks!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
https://www.davincivaporizer.com/iq2-dosage-pods-refill-kit/

Just ordered some of these dosing pods @Davinci_vaporizer just released on their website. They are for the IQ2 but Davinci confirmed they will fit the IQ.

I hope these can help make this device even more stealthy and aid in stream lining my micro dosing regime. I’ve been using DaVinci’s spacers with awesome success.

At $5 a piece taking shipping into account these things aren’t cheap and I’m hopeful they will be quality.

The Stray Fox,

BMvape

https://www.davincivaporizer.com/iq2-dosage-pods-refill-kit/

Just ordered some of these dosing pods @Davinci_vaporizer just released on their website. They are for the IQ2 but Davinci confirmed they will fit the IQ.

I hope these can help make this device even more stealthy and aid in stream lining my micro dosing regime. I’ve been using DaVinci’s spacers with awesome success.

At $5 a piece taking shipping into account these things aren’t cheap and I’m hopeful they will be quality.
Let me know how this works out. I asked DaVinci myself and they replied:
"The dosage pods will not work with the IQ as it doesn't have the air dial to allow enough air flow to allow them to work properly."

BMvape,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@BMvape I got my dosing pods from @Davinci_vaporizer. The are nice and the included silicon storage is convenient. They fit the original IQ perfectly though Im don’t think the pods will work for me. Vapor production is minimal. Maybe it would be fine for a super microdoser who only wants wispy hits. It’s funny you were told they wouldn’t work and I was told they would. I need to try a couple more experiments with different variables. If I come up with a solution I’ll be sure to let everyone know.

The Stray Fox,

BMvape

@BMvape I got my dosing pods from @Davinci_vaporizer. The are nice and the included silicon storage is convenient. They fit the original IQ perfectly though Im don’t think the pods will work for me. Vapor production is minimal. Maybe it would be fine for a super microdoser who only wants wispy hits. It’s funny you were told they wouldn’t work and I was told they would. I need to try a couple more experiments with different variables. If I come up with a solution I’ll be sure to let everyone know.
Thanks for the feedback. That’s disappointing to hear, I was really hoping they would work.. always wanted a quick, on-the-go way to replenish. I thought maybe it would give the IQ a convection type effect too. But I guess it’s not worth buying them, especially with the ridiculous $9 shipping cost. How is the fit depth wise? Do you have to adjust the pearl?
Did DaVinci tell you that they would fit, or that they would work?

BMvape,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Thanks for the feedback. That’s disappointing to hear, I was really hoping they would work.. always wanted a quick, on-the-go way to replenish. I thought maybe it would give the IQ a convection type effect too. But I guess it’s not worth buying them, especially with the ridiculous $9 shipping cost. How is the fit depth wise? Do you have to adjust the pearl?
Did DaVinci tell you that they would fit, or that they would work?
Depth wise they are perfect with the pearl screwed all the way in. I’ve been packing the pods on the tight side per what I usually do without the pods. I’ll try a looser pack to see if more air flow helps. As far as a convection effect, I don’t think it will work like that. The ceramic gets really hot really fast. I emailed with DaVinci inquiring about fit in the original IQs and the told me they would fit and function fine. They never mentioned the adjustable airflow being a requirement to work. And yes they are expensive and $9 bucks for shipping hurts.

The Stray Fox,
I too got a set of the IQ2 dosing pods and they are decent. The amount that fits in there isn’t going to give you anywhere close to the production to a tight packed bowl. I also noticed that you need to be running your device at max temp to get them to work properly. The airflow thing they mentioned is bullshit, there isn’t a lot of resistance using them and if they mean they need to lessen the draw then simply draw slower. At normal temps I got wispy hits but great flavor, turned up it’s definitely enough to get you a decent buzz if you’re solo but sharing a pod with my gf was a little lackluster. They are really neat and convenient though especially on the go. Each one comes with its own sealed silicone case so no smell issues.

WhyAmIBlitzed,

Mako Kupo

Hey everyone, I've been vaping for around 4 years now but only really at home. My friends will vape with me when they're in my home, but whenever I go somewhere, it's all smoke. I need a good dry herb vape for a group of 3-4 with good airflow. I hate restricted airflow vaping, I just can't stand it. Is this vape good for what I need? It seems so but I'd love some feedback from actual users. I own a Pax 3, but the airflow is too restricted for me to enjoy and it gets super hot.

Mako Kupo,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hey everyone, I've been vaping for around 4 years now but only really at home. My friends will vape with me when they're in my home, but whenever I go somewhere, it's all smoke. I need a good dry herb vape for a group of 3-4 with good airflow. I hate restricted airflow vaping, I just can't stand it. Is this vape good for what I need? It seems so but I'd love some feedback from actual users. I own a Pax 3, but the airflow is too restricted for me to enjoy and it gets super hot.
Hi. Sorry this might be to late. I’m thinking this might not be the vape for you due to air flow restriction. I find it to be tolerable but restrictive. It also can get pretty warm if run at full speed. If you want something easy to use across users and with wide open airflow my S&B Mighty comes to mind. It is quite a bit more expensive unfortunately. Maybe a crafty + but I’ve never used one. I like my IQ for its roasty flavors but not it’s airflow. The IQ will vaporizer every last bit if you want it to. I’m talking an even coffee dark brown color. I also wish the bowl was smaller but if you want it for groups that might be a good thing. Good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The Stray Fox,

disGRUNTled

Cultured Collective Blueberry & Lemon sour 5% ABV, Gorilla Grapes in the Davinci IQ and Bone Crusher.
9e2e3410-076f-443b-a1d1-aa1ae1d8e6f6.jpg

1ebbadb0-411f-4c46-b6d1-30bd059182ec.jpg

a4e8f5d7-3752-4285-a5b2-ad8fb2bd9936.jpg

8021f698-572f-4a15-94dd-aed2ad662112.jpg

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Man I had to dig deep to find this thread! It’s been a year since I bought this vape and I’ve since moved on from it being my daily driver in favor of heavier hitting desktop vapes but I still find myself fondly revisiting it quite often. I struggled with the IQ in the beginning trying to make it an efficient micro doser with the use of what is quite a large bowl. Don’t get me wrong, you can vape very small amounts, especially with the glass inserts, but I find it leaves something to be desired.... like being more high.😄 I’ve been fixated on NewVapes FlowerPot for awhile now but sometimes I want something a bit less intense. Sessions on the IQ are perfect and I enjoy the change going from full convection to conduction. I appreciate conduction a lot more these days. Nowadays I pack .05-.1g, tamp it down with glass spacer on top, set it to 420, and fill my 18” tube up 3-4 times with thick milky vapor.🚀 👨‍🚀09D66D9E-F442-47A3-ABF9-C5ECE6EB1449.jpeg

BMvape

Is anyone else in the process of a repair or replace? I received an RMA and sent it in about 6 weeks ago. For the last month, all they tell me is that they are just waiting on a supervisor approval to send a replacement. I understand the challenges at the current time, but seems odd to be hung up so long and just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. Customer service refuses to answer any questions on an ETA, that would help me determine if I should find a replacement while I wait.
Also, has anyone tried their new 3in1 tool? If it works in cleaning that tough spot above the oven and below the chamber, they should include that with every unit.

Top Bottom