The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

2pumpchump

I don't mind the smaller bowl as I look the fusion as a compact same with reheating exceptions of the compact carry model but I was literally using half the bowl before I altered the bottom it so it used more them 1/8 the ccd airflow clean ... and the ti v3 airflow is adjustable! Not that I don't like the fusion and like I said try to keep as long as I can because I know it can be changed very easily

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Received mine early, woohoo! I searched the thread but didn’t see answers to these:

Is it possible to remove the metal lining from the wood stem for cleaning, or do I need to just push an alcohol wipe through the inside of the liner?

Is there a recommended strategy for removing the o-rings without an o-ring removal tool? There are spares but I’d rather not break them if I can help it. Or can the o-rings be safely alcohol soaked?

Edit: Well, I’m an idiot. Cleaned everything with ISO then did a dry burn and forgot to unscrew it by a turn, so now it’s stuck. It’s in the freezer. For heaven’s sake, I’m not even high yet!

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Received mine early, woohoo! I searched the thread but didn’t see answers to these:

Is it possible to remove the metal lining from the wood stem for cleaning, or do I need to just push an alcohol wipe through the inside of the liner?

Is there a recommended strategy for removing the o-rings without an o-ring removal tool? There are spares but I’d rather not break them if I can help it. Or can the o-rings be safely alcohol soaked?
Congrats on your new Dani. Don't own a Dani wooden stem but would think an alcohol wipe would work. Use oil or wax to protect the wood. Have had good results on wooden stems using butcher block oil. ( pure mineral oil )

A short iso 5-10 min soak shouldn't cause any harm to the O rings. If you do decide to remove them here is a easy method to do so. Simply squeeze the O ring between your finger and thumb. This will stretch the O ring with out damaging it, making the removal easy.

Plenty of members here to give you assistance if you have any additional questions. Enjoy!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Well shit, I tried the freeze/heat method twice to no avail. Pliers aren't doing much either. I can't believe I forgot to turn it back a screw on the very first heat up. And while I have two bowls, I only have one tip.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I give up. I tried the freezing/heating method, I tried pliers, I tried the tapping method. This cap is stuck on good and tight. I requested a replacement from Wes, this is more work than anyone should have to go through and I shouldn’t have to pay $110+ for the Fusion to get a cap that doesn’t stick. I know I should have been more careful when doing the burn off. Haven’t even gotten to use the damn thing. I am crushed right now.

2pumpchump

Well shit, I tried the freeze/heat method twice to no avail. Pliers aren't doing much either. I can't believe I forgot to turn it back a screw on the very first heat up. And while I have two bowls, I only have one tip.
Im guessing the it bow/tip is what the cap is stuck on ? We will get you up and vaping soon lol TO START HAS THE FEEZER THING WORK FOR ANYONE ON THIS SIGHT????? I'm really asking!
From room temperature try heat at the silver ring close to the clicker for about 5 to 10 seconds unscrew. From room temperature and a small single torch heat between air holes till click unscrew we all have found 1 that works except for the freezer one as far as I know . But start with for room temperature heat for short time keep doing till click if no luck let cool for 10 minutes checking to loose it every few till room temperature then blast it till it click. Let us know if you do or do not get it loose . Ow and be sure to condition your wood. Edit

Last edited:
2pumpchump,
Reactions: endof3d

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Im guessing the it bow/tip is what the cap is stuck on ? We will get you up and vaping soon lol TO START HAS THE FEEZER THING WORK FOR ANYONE ON THIS SIGHT????? I'm really asking!
From room temperature try heat at the silver ring close to the clicker for about 5 to 10 seconds unscrew. From room temperature and a small single torch heat between air holes till click unscrew we all have found 1 that works except for the freezer one as far as I know . But start with for room temperature heat for short time keep doing till click if no luck let cool for 10 minutes checking to loose it every few till room temperature then blast it till it click. Let us know if you do or do not get it loose . Ow and be sure to condition your wood
Thanks, I’m definitely not doing anymore tonight. Even if I do get it loose at this point the cap is absolutely beat to hell and I saw some metal flakes in the area I was working so I’m not sure I should even use it. I tried to protect the cap but the damn pliers kept slipping and scraping it.

2pumpchump

I give up. I tried the freezing/heating method, I tried pliers, I tried the tapping method. This cap is stuck on good and tight. I requested a replacement from Wes, this is more work than anyone should have to go through and I shouldn’t have to pay $110+ for the Fusion to get a cap that doesn’t stick. I know I should have been more careful when doing the burn off. Haven’t even gotten to use the damn thing. I am crushed right now.
Was typing as you posted glad Wes is working with you as a cap stuck of this nature should not happen with the gen2 cap OK many a little stick heat and pop free or let cool and pop free but should not be that stuck ....
And still want to know if anyone has used the freeze method and it worked?

2pumpchump

OK by Strang Coincidence was only youtube looking at some diy stuff to make my lazy bong pack a bowl and heat it blow me a shot gun and unpack then repeat!
A VIDEO COMES UP DANI STUCK CAP!!!!!!
so I watched im not sure who's video it was however I completely agree with them ....
The freezer method WAS JUST TO SPEED GETTING IT BACK TO ROOM TEMPERATURE !!!!
Note if left in to long its going to be stuck in reverse order and you going to have to wait for it to warm back to room temperature! THIS WOULD BE THE TEMPERATURE IT EVERY PEACE OF THE VAPE WAS BEFORE YOU HEATED IT AND GOT STUCK ....so if you leave your cap tight and heat and and it gets stuck please don't flip out wait 10 minutes for every thing to return to the temperature it was before it was stuck!
Next this is what happens to me very rarely but happens.
WILL THE CAP IS STILL HOT YOU ACCIDENTLY TIGHTEN IT BEFORE ITS COMPLETE COOL DOWN .
Please don't freak out!
Just reheat and unscrew ..
IF THEY IS ANYONE ON HEAR THAT HAS TO DEAL WITH A STUCK CAP THAT DISAGREE WITH THIS PLEASE DO SPEAK UP !!! @Monk Debate this is in no way directed towards you! As I stated in post above a gen 2 cap new stuck of that nature has to be a defeced cap or tip !
I just want to clear any false information about stuck caps !
And considering my cap has never stuck to the point heat it for 5 seconds and i can literally unscrew it with out touching the cap ..and the time I left a friend borrower it and didn't tell him it would happen ! Took pliers on the cooling fins and his hand on the cap still cold and unscrew it .
IM TAKING ON A CHALLENGE !!!!!!
will someone please help me get my cap stuck?
I'm open to anything saving taking my cutting torch and completely melting it for last!!!!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I’m glad you have had such good experiences. When I did use the freezer method initially I only left it in for 10-15 minutes, as recommended in the video. I also tried heating it when it was at room temp. Anyway I just sent this one back to Wes for an exchange. It’s delayed my start with the Dani but I have plenty of other vapes to love in the meantime.

TedJones

but I have plenty of other vapes to love in the meantime.
Love the attitude & glad you’re being taken care of! I accidentally did this 2 days ago. Didn’t realize I didn’t unscrew the cap until trying to hit it on my rig. Luckily it turned after fumbling to find the leather, and got the biggest rip afterward. Maybe I got lucky since it’s well broken in now. I also try not to “cinch” the cap down tight initially (V3 or fusion).

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
My caps never get threaded all the way cuz that’s how the airflow adjustment works (addition air flow for fusion/normal air flow for smooth ti)

Should never be a problem in the future monk. I’d feel lucky as hell to get that exchanged for user error…

For the 100th time, WES IS THE MAN!

Shop https://wesleypipesandmore.com/
Oh yes, I will NEVER make this mistake again.

And absolutely, Wes is a mensch.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

well, I've had my Dani v3 SS with metal stem for about a week and the thing just chokes me out every time I try to use it :(
I usually like a DTL style vape, paartially because that's also the style I use for Nicotine vaping, and am having a hell of a time getting used to the very tight airflow. I've started to put the screen in while leaving a little gap before it gets put all the way in, seems to increase the airflow slightly that way.

no matter the amount of time I heat, I just choke out every single time. i use a Dynavap and like to push the line with it, so I'm used to heat on my throat, but something with the Dani makes my throat SUPER scratchy. I slowed down my draw hardcore, I've tried searching to find an answer, tried looking through the thread and have tried any tricks I came accross, but to no avail. Does anyone else experience this? if so, how do you get around it? I've tried using through glass and it has the same scratchy effect :(

at the moment, the Dani is plowing through material to get the same effect that the Dyna gets with 1-2 bowls. I bought it used from Phil aka @Grover from SoothingVapours.ca, is it possible that it's defective somehow? or am I just that inept?

My apologies for if this has been asked before, as I mentioned earlier in my post, I have tried to search the thread for answers as well as on Reddit and just plain 'ol Google. I just want to be able to use my new vape properly! :(

nicknobody

My apologies for if this has been asked before, as I mentioned earlier in my post, I have tried to search the thread for answers as well as on Reddit and just plain 'ol Google. I just want to be able to use my new vape properly! :(
Don’t be sorry. Where else would you get help on the subject. I’m sorry your struggling.

I don’t think I specifically can help… I use a Ti tip and IH cap almost exclusively

I try to stress specifically that the Ti/IHcap combo is the best… I don’t have an IH I use a dual ronxs or Firefox. I prefer the IH cap cuz it heats so much faster

When native I stop immediately at the click and get two tasty cool enormous rips. I’ll go past the click 1-2 seconds thru a hook or dry rig and if I have water I try to rtl and hurt myself

Keep trying it through a dry piece with the extended vapor path and get consistent smaller hits? Only way I can think of to cook it down.

More time and technique development is your friend.

TedJones

@HyDrOpOnIc1987 Do you have the cap backed off enough for maximum airflow? I’ve been using a coarser grind in the Danis and not tamping at all. Just letting it fall in there until full. I don’t have the metal, but do have the long woody & can’t imagine they’d be much different as far as air.

maremaresing

-Use less material/pack less/don't compress
-MTL hits
-stop at the click, or go a little after
-make sure you aren't dumping the load when there is still good stuff in it. I know you know but maybe you are misjudging the color? It's convection so the top bit will be more roasted than the lower bits.
-It's so hard to know for sure because everyones lungs are different. I find the dani to be really smooth, but when I just use the stem I have to do MTL. Even with the amazed pipe I like to do a mix of mtl and rtl. Through a dry bubbler or waterpipe it's very smooth, but could be irritating to you due to how much freaking vapor and terps are in it, vs a dyna.

Nthing to say that Wes is the best! Wesley Pipes in now my go to for any dani stuff.

One of the best parts of the dani is how modular it is. Ya'll know I love cobbling things together to fill a need. Like with the amazed pipe, where I spent forever trying to find a maze vape stem system or thinking about how to make one; I've spent forever wanting a nice glass bowl/spoon with a GonG instead of bowl.

Sadly, every one I saw just has the typical cone bowl for smoking. Not even a ledge to fit an oring into. I thought the grav sherlock would have this sort of depth I could work with based on some pictures, but alas.

So I bought a glass cutter and grinding wheels for my dremel and yolo'd it. I'm astounded it turned out so perfectly for a first attempt.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Don’t be sorry. Where else would you get help on the subject. I’m sorry your struggling.

I don’t think I specifically can help… I use a Ti tip and IH cap almost exclusively

I try to stress specifically that the Ti/IHcap combo is the best… I don’t have an IH I use a dual ronxs or Firefox. I prefer the IH cap cuz it heats so much faster

When native I stop immediately at the click and get two tasty cool enormous rips. I’ll go past the click 1-2 seconds thru a hook or dry rig and if I have water I try to rtl and hurt myself

Keep trying it through a dry piece with the extended vapor path and get consistent smaller hits? Only way I can think of to cook it down.

More time and technique development is your friend.
I will try to get the IH cap and Ti tip, but looking at the SoothingVapours site, it's pretty much the same price as a full kit lol I JUST spent $100 on something that isn't working for me, so I'm a little wary about dropping another $100 or so for maybe the same pain lol I have a Ronx dual that I bought specifically after perusing the thread lol so I SHOULD have the right kind of torch. other than that, I do have a Blazer Big Buddy Turbo, but it seems OP for the Dani lol I tried using my bong dry a few days ago and had a similar experience. when using through glass, how much draw strength should I be using? should I be barely drawing or giving it? I'll for sure keep playing with it, I just hate that I dropped money and mayhave to drop even more to have it be functional for my needs :( live and learn I suppose. Heard so many good things about the Dani so when Phil told me he had a used one he would ship me for $100 shipping included and a cpl goodies, i jumped without doing research lol wont make that mistake again though hahahha
-Use less material/pack less/don't compress
-MTL hits
-stop at the click, or go a little after
-make sure you aren't dumping the load when there is still good stuff in it. I know you know but maybe you are misjudging the color? It's convection so the top bit will be more roasted than the lower bits.
-It's so hard to know for sure because everyones lungs are different. I find the dani to be really smooth, but when I just use the stem I have to do MTL. Even with the amazed pipe I like to do a mix of mtl and rtl. Through a dry bubbler or waterpipe it's very smooth, but could be irritating to you due to how much freaking vapor and terps are in it, vs a dyna.

Nthing to say that Wes is the best! Wesley Pipes in now my go to for any dani stuff.

One of the best parts of the dani is how modular it is. Ya'll know I love cobbling things together to fill a need. Like with the amazed pipe, where I spent forever trying to find a maze vape stem system or thinking about how to make one; I've spent forever wanting a nice glass bowl/spoon with a GonG instead of bowl.

Sadly, every one I saw just has the typical cone bowl for smoking. Not even a ledge to fit an oring into. I thought the grav sherlock would have this sort of depth I could work with based on some pictures, but alas.

So I bought a glass cutter and grinding wheels for my dremel and yolo'd it. I'm astounded it turned out so perfectly for a first attempt.

I've tried straw packing with fine/med/coarse grinds, also tried cramming a ton in there. tried light tamp and hard tamp. I've tried to stop at the click and have waited all kinds of times between that and 10 sec lol it all makes me choke unbearably :(

As I mentioned to @nicknobody, I will keep playing with using with glass, with and without water. mainly without as that's how everyone is recommending lol :)

I live in Canada, so SoothingVapours is the Dani reseller up north :) I think it would be expensive to get Wes to ship things up here when there's already a Dani reseller north of the border. But if I'm wrong, plz let me know lol I'm always open to trying new reputable vendors :)

Also, I LOVE what you did with the spoon pipe! totally wish I was handy enough to do that lol looks so cool! :)

@HyDrOpOnIc1987 Do you have the cap backed off enough for maximum airflow? I’ve been using a coarser grind in the Danis and not tamping at all. Just letting it fall in there until full. I don’t have the metal, but do have the long woody & can’t imagine they’d be much different as far as air.
I back the cap off at least a half turn as it likes to spin closed while I spin it around during a heat cycle lol had the sucker lock a cpl times when I only left it a quarter turn open lol my mistake. I've been trying straw packing with the lightest of finger tamps just to make sure it wont fall out, but even that make me choke :( i LOVE the design of the Dani, just hope I can learn to use it properly lol

Thanks for the advice guys, it's muchly appreciiated. I'll play with my dani more today. I'll clean out my bong and get it dry

nicknobody

You don’t need the IH and the Ti. Sorry if I came off like you need that combo. It was just for reference my setup is a lil diff.

More air will cool the vapor. Try it with the cap barely threaded on enough to NOT fall off when torching and spinning like @TedJones said

As far as how hard to rip it all depends on the pack and the glass. Keep it slow and an airy cap for maximum cooling. You can over power it thru glass and char the top of your bowl. Practice practice practice you will get the feel for it.

I borderline hate most of my devices for weeks/months until I can get any hit it’s capable of and master it in all the ways I can come up with

The v3 does take finesse cuz it’s so powerful.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

You don’t need the IH and the Ti. Sorry if I came off like you need that combo. It was just for reference my setup is a lil diff.

More air will cool the vapor. Try it with the cap barely threaded on enough to NOT fall off when torching and spinning like @TedJones said

As far as how hard to rip it all depends on the pack and the glass. Keep it slow and an airy cap for maximum cooling. You can over power it thru glass and char the top of your bowl. Practice practice practice you will get the feel for it.

I borderline hate most of my devices for weeks/months until I can get any hit it’s capable of and master it in all the ways I can come up with

The v3 does take finesse cuz it’s so powerful.
ok, I just cleaned out my bong and have it in a window drying lol was dabbing with it yesterday lol just in case it matters, my bong is china glass double matrix (mobius knockoff. even has the mobius logo on it) percs. it's the only one I own lol I broke my dab rig a while back and haven't gotten around to replacing it yet hahha

The vapes I have are all muchly under powered in comparison. I have a Xmax v3 Pro, an Arizer Air 2 (that i never used rly cuz it never rly worked for me), my many Dyna's and lastly my Dani :) so it's very much possible that my throat is just being ripped up by the power and terps of my weed and vape lol ofc, I'll keep playing with it, but if I don't get results soon I may end up selling it or keep it and never use it like that Air 2 lol

when I do eventually get some spare funds to invest in the Dani, I'll for sure look at the IH cap and Ti tip. especially if the airflow is more open on the Ti tip :)

Thanks again! :)

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
well, I've had my Dani v3 SS with metal stem for about a week and the thing just chokes me out every time I try to use it :(
I usually like a DTL style vape, paartially because that's also the style I use for Nicotine vaping, and am having a hell of a time getting used to the very tight airflow. I've started to put the screen in while leaving a little gap before it gets put all the way in, seems to increase the airflow slightly that way.

no matter the amount of time I heat, I just choke out every single time. i use a Dynavap and like to push the line with it, so I'm used to heat on my throat, but something with the Dani makes my throat SUPER scratchy. I slowed down my draw hardcore, I've tried searching to find an answer, tried looking through the thread and have tried any tricks I came accross, but to no avail. Does anyone else experience this? if so, how do you get around it? I've tried using through glass and it has the same scratchy effect :(

at the moment, the Dani is plowing through material to get the same effect that the Dyna gets with 1-2 bowls. I bought it used from Phil aka @Grover from SoothingVapours.ca, is it possible that it's defective somehow? or am I just that inept?

Without breaking the bank, try ordering just the Ti tip. You can use it with your existing cap. The SS tip is the most restricted and with very little adjustment potential.

Without buying anything new, try stopping right at or just after the click and not pushing to RTL.

TedJones

Didn’t realize that SS tip had a different design & is more restrictive. Now I really want one for the short woody. Have you tried MTL techniques such as using mouth and cheek muscles to draw dense vape into mouth, then inhaling. Rinse & repeat as the bowl stays hot. It’s a newer style for me as I’ve DTL’d the past 8ish years with dynas & others. Big curve.

2pumpchump

Waiting on my new to me Danivape to arrive. I bought one used from a friend who runs the vape shop Soothing Vapours up here in Canada. It's a v3. Are there any tips and tricks I should be aware of? I have a few dynavaps so I am used to this style of vape, but also know every vape (even every dynavap) is different, and I've yet to try one of these lol I don't want to waste my material burning it, so I figure I will come here and ask for beginner tips. I'll ofc be watching youtube vids once it arrives (supposed to get here on June 12th). I have a smorgasboard of different single flame torches (thanks dynavap!) As well as my Blazer Big Buddy Turbo, so I should have a torch already that'll work. Might need to pick up a cpl more cans of 'Tane though, just incase is the BBT torch that gets preferred for the Dani lol

Thanks for any help and guidance! :)
Not going to? How well people know each other that they call friends! But as I use very free subtanks or RDAs for my nic as well .would have recommended the Ti model and even at that I have even modified for air flow.. by the information given in that post . AS I SAID I DONT KNOW HOW CLOSE OF FRIENDS YOU ARE! He may not have known.
@Monk Debate as I have had this happen with a very well known vape company that I spoke of in it's tread I understand the frustration even more so as it was a replacement part for the only VAPE I owned at the time . I'm glad Wes is working with you and making things right ! i hope everything goes well for you with your new cap and tip
also worth noting trying to make mine stick i think i herd mine slip over the spot sticking not sure i will follow up.

2pumpchump,

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Didn’t realize that SS tip had a different design & is more restrictive. Now I really want one for the short woody. Have you tried MTL techniques such as using mouth and cheek muscles to draw dense vape into mouth, then inhaling. Rinse & repeat as the bowl stays hot. It’s a newer style for me as I’ve DTL’d the past 8ish years with dynas & others. Big curve.
Yeah, I've been playing mainly with MTL draws as its less taxing on my throat while the vapour is still screaching hot lol I DID get like 2-3 hits yesterday that didnt kill my throat, problem was was that it was too low temp to feel effects lmao so, maybe it'll be a matter of getting used to it. I wont give up, but I may need to take breaks while getting used to it, if it chokes me out again hahaha

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to try and help find the reason for the pain. I think it may just be that its a heat+terps thing thats irritating my throat. I come from a dynavap which if you use higher temps you can kinda taste terps but its mainly just popcorny after the first part of the draw lol

2pumpchump

Yeah, I've been playing mainly with MTL draws as its less taxing on my throat while the vapour is still screaching hot lol I DID get like 2-3 hits yesterday that didnt kill my throat, problem was was that it was too low temp to feel effects lmao so, maybe it'll be a matter of getting used to it. I wont give up, but I may need to take breaks while getting used to it, if it chokes me out again hahaha

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to try and help find the reason for the pain. I think it may just be that its a heat+terps thing thats irritating my throat. I come from a dynavap which if you use higher temps you can kinda taste terps but its mainly just popcorny after the first part of the draw lol
the metal steam dose more air flow but on both ss and ti is restricted to tip and cap iv seen people using beds instead of the intercooler for heat if hitting right click helps you can also heat closer to the tip to make it click faster and closer to air holes to take longer cant speak for the ss as to how far you can take past the click and i run my ti at click for flavor but know you can push it a good ways if its terps you can try taking a few drags off it wile heating before the click to help mellow them out some

Top Bottom