The D-Capper

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
Hey everyone,

Happy 420!

We just released a new product called the D-Capper. It's an accessory for the Dynavap that makes cap removal quick and easy. It's pretty simple. It consists of a magnet and a machined feature that grips onto the Dynavap's cap.

Check it out:
D-Capper-300x300.gif

https://grindersforlife.com/shop/d-capper/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Gq1QYnapK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

We kind of just designed and made this out of necessity. My brother and I, the founders of GFL, are both big Dynavap fans. We use them all the time. We needed an AVB bowl for our Dynavaps so we decided to make one.

One feature we wanted was a hot cap remover. We like to vape multiple bowls in a row and never liked waiting for the cap to cool down enough to grab it by hand. We tried embedded magnets, but those only worked some of the time and not at all for tighter caps. We wanted something more reliable.

We're also working on a D-Capper grinder. It will have an integrated debowler and will be a portable Dynavap session station. We'll post some photos soon.

Check it out and tell us what you think!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey ! That is an awesome product. I am really digging the lighter. Is the whole firing mechanism made by you,or you made an attachment for /built over exisiting model lighter ? The D-capper ,i am pretty sure my gf would like it a lot :). I dunno about a grinder. Dynavap doesnt really need grinded material,but this is only from my experience,but still you can use with your other vapes and still have a dynavap d-cap station. Is there anywhere one can buy those in the EU or will there be ?

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
We're working with a lighter company from China, but we are making the machined D-Capper and screwing it onto the cap of the lighter.

We just started offering cheaper tracked shipping to the EU. It is usually around $12 USD and shipped through Asendia.

We have a decent collection of Dynavaps. It works with all the caps we have tried. We actually started prototyping the D-Capper with the old cap with the less pronounced crimp. It also works with the new 2020M captive cap and the 2019 cap with the more pronounced crimp.

LabPong

GFL.....is there a cover designed for it? Would be nice to have one in a small pack with Dynavap, stash, and lighter. ;)

notams

toke down Babylon
Just ordered mine.

I got the brilliant cut grinder on the advice of Troy - 420vapezone on YouTube - best build quality and attention to detail I've ever seen on a grinder.

This is the kind of company that takes enough time in desinging and manufacturing their products to just not make mistakes.

I've never seen this product in real life or held it my hand. However, coming from Grinders For Life I'm confident I will not be disappointed.

I've been trying to design and make something exactly like this. It is hard. You did it. Cool. You did rip off the exact idea I dreamed about. So, I am expecting some sort of royalty check in the mail. You have my address on file. I just ordered to Pueblo, CO.

Summer

Long Island, NY
This is the best pic I could get as Troy was circling around. I guess we'll hear what he thinks about it soon enough. I suspect he's gonna like it.

I like it. For my microdosing, it's just the right collection size. And being a neat microdoser (:spliff:), I empty my AVB out @ night or the following morning. I tend to think that micro-ds would be neat.

I believe, for me to get the best visual contrast to inspect the spent AVB, the best colors would be the Emerald, followed Gold & then Silver. (Did you know that after the age of 40, your night vision decreases by 40%, I believe. Only THEN can you understand why your parents always said, 'turn a light on ...how can you read in the dark.' :nod: :lol: And don't even mention the beginning of cataracts. :ugh: I really wanted to check out the forthcoming new amythest (lavender purple :drool:) shown by @Shit Snacks in the BCG thread, but I don't think it will contrast nearly as well as the above colors. Anyway, so much for my rambling :2c:. :spliff:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is the best pic I could get as Troy was circling around. I guess we'll hear what he thinks about it soon enough. I suspect he's gonna like it.

I like it. For my microdosing, it's just the right collection size. And being a neat microdoser (:spliff:), I empty my AVB out @ night or the following morning. I tend to think that micro-ds would be neat.

I believe, for me to get the best visual contrast to inspect the spent AVB, the best colors would be the Emerald, followed Gold & then Silver. (Did you know that after the age of 40, your night vision decreases by 40%, I believe. Only THEN can you understand why your parents always said, 'turn a light on ...how can you read in the dark.' :nod: :lol: And don't even mention the beginning of cataracts. :ugh: I really wanted to check out the forthcoming new amythest (lavender purple :drool:) shown by @Shit Snacks in the BCG thread, but I don't think it will contrast nearly as well as the above colors. Anyway, so much for my rambling :2c:. :spliff:

I think it would contrast well enough, but also be mindful those photos are screenshots of a video so the lighting could affect the shade of purple and also my shitty quality phone perhaps?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Summer

notams

toke down Babylon
I think the silver color - which I think is not really a "color" but, just the raw metal - is the cleanest looking of them all.

Agree with @Summer that a big consideration often overlooked in debowlers giving the user the ability to see their AVB color well. If the bowl is too deep or the color wrong it can be difficult to inspect the depth of roast.

I ordered this one specifically because of what appears to be the optimal depth / color combo. The cap holder is just amazing and I am so hoping it works. My expectations are very high
from this company.

I got my Brilliant Cut grinder in hematite. Big regret on that color choice. It looks blue. I wanted a gunmetal grey natural look. I didn't want it to look "colored". Anywho, it's blue. Works flawlessly. Zero complaints on anything besides the color. Not their fault. I was looking at a tiny picture on a phone screen. There's no way to accurately depict color that way. I just learned my lesson and ordered silver this time.

Summer

Long Island, NY
for me to get the best visual contrast to inspect the spent AVB, the best colors would be the Emerald, followed Gold & then Silver.

I'm having a color dilemma - I'm rethinking my colors choices. I think Aquamarine & maybe even orange [(Orange) Fire Opal??? :D] would be just as good visually as Emerald. I really think the Emerald would be best for me, but it's so standout-ish -- the color is so vibrant that it'll be first thing your eyes will be drawn to when entering a room. So what say you all about the Aquamarine vs. Emerald? Greedy me really wants both (< blame that on my daddy :rolleyes:), but since I can only afford one, I don't know if I have the balls (so-to-speak ;)) to go with the Emerald.

It's funny, how gear color (:luv:) is so fundamental to us vapers. :nod:

Last edited:
Summer,

MAbud

@notams thanks for that heads up. I currently have a grinder on order in hematite as I too want grey. I may need to contact them.

will likely order this combo today. Might go onyx as I don’t really care about ABV extraction. Pretty much always 2 hits and dump for me

MAbud,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I received my D-Capper Debowler
after a couple days of use, I absolute love it.
at first I thought it was a little bit too large (3”) but I was thinking of something more portable. It’s not really an issue though, just a preference.
probably my favorite vapcap accessory right now
i just ordered another one as a gift for my buddy, since I liked mine so much.

notams

toke down Babylon
I'm STILL waiting for mine. Patience.... find my happy place, find my happy place...

@Summer yeah... The directions were a little confusing. But, I thought it was my fault... Anyhow, I just watched the whole thing and was mesmerized by that glorious moustache the entire time.

So, thanks. But, now my wife is mad 'cause I wanna grow my 'stache back. She HATES it!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Saw this thread and bought it immediately. I've been looking for a debowler for forever. but so many of them are either plastic! This one actually has metal prongs, yes! The only thing I would like is a magnetic top to close it, but I think I could probably make that myself or 3D print one.

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Just received my D-Capper today. I got the aquamarine, and it's quite nice to look at, and amazingly functional. It replaces my plastic debowler.
Size: perfect IMO, like a large Santa Cruz Shredder. The putty grip on the bottom is not my fave, so I'll probably put rubber feet on there instead. Awesome piece of machining, GFL!! Responsive customer service from a relatively small company. Highly recommend if you're considering.

notams

toke down Babylon
Sorry, totally forgot to post my review...

Mini review: Amazing! Buy one now.

Long review: I received my D-capper a few weeks ago. Silver color which is (I think) no color at all - just bare, non anodized metal. So, it's exactly what I was looking for. Industrial, minimal, clean, simple.

The finish is smooth with machining and tooling marks noticeable but, nothing unfinished or damaged. It just bears the marks of a peice that was made by an artist rather than manufactured in a factory.

The function of the D-capper is flawless. Removes with no touch, one-handed. Every time. Never fails. It takes off the most stubbornly tightly squeezed caps I have. It's not relying on the magnet alone. It relies on magic. And it is dark, powerful, and mysterious magic that should not be trifled with.

I wish it were a little heavier. However, I'm not using it as intended. It comes with these little tacky feet things that I'm sure would work fine on a flat, smooth, hard surface. I move mine all around and often sit it on the bed next to me. Problem solved: Pop the D-capper into a large mouth mason jar metal lid. Sounds confusing. It isn't. I filled a jar with lentils and put the D-capper on top. Now, it's heavy, sturdy, and stays put when removing any cap - which is the problem of it not being super heavy. It attached to the vapcap and lifted up with the device. Not any more.

I'll attempt to post a picture. I haven't figured out how since we went to new FC and back. So.. It there's no pic, sorry.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Picture is fine. Review is great. Too bad it’s TOO LATE for me ......

Bought one awhile ago... I didn’t need it but was curious, as I love my BCG grinder. I like the cutout over the magnet that physically grabs the caps indent, or the “magic” as you call it. Expect to see this part cloned and copied. They out did George of DV on this design.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Yeah I’m not a big fan of the putty on the base either. That’s the only thing. And the lid cover idea would be nice to see.

whatitdew,

notams

toke down Babylon
Yeah I’m not a big fan of the putty on the base either. That’s the only thing. And the lid cover idea would be nice to see.
I have a "lid" idea. It's not spill proof. But, looks good.

I sit the debowler on the nightstand and my wife doesn't like to see the "ash". I keep telling AVB, AVB - not ash!

If you get the metal lid insert to a small mouth mason jar it fits very nicely on top. The magnet on the debowler holds it loosely.

Again... Not a lid. But a cover.

Sorry for no pics - I'm sitting on the porch watching hummingbirds. Too lazy to go inside and take pics.

Top Bottom