• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Advanced Telemetry Module by REFC Labs - The world's first advanced precision & multi-core capable desktop heater controller

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Okay ya’ll, it’s here! Tiny and beautiful but I’m so stupid I can’t figure out how to change the voltage out. Ive gone into the menu but with no documentation, I don’t want to fuck this up. I also don’t want to send 24.73V through my heaters. I feel so stupid since it seems to be plug & play for everyone else. Too frustrated to deal with it on a Saturday night.
Yeah it took me several weeks of playing with, stepping away, and coming back to it to figure out how to fully utilize all 9 presets, had a stoner’s moment of clarity and then it all made sense.

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
Yeah, I figured all that out and top number reads SET: 9.50 but the big green digits say 24.75 and plugging in a cold herbo Ti drops it to 19.xx and then it starts climbing and the herbo injector starts smelling and I yank it out. I feel better about my problem solving skills since I figured out how to set it correctly but I don’t know what I’m still doing wrong
Something doesn't seem right - the input voltage should always read around 24v. You have the power going into the left side, and the device plugged into the right side, correct? I know it's a dumb question but the device WILL power on if you put power to the output side. I have no idea what it will do in this situation.

The herbo should run somewhere around 9.5v (I run mine at 9.7). The injector is about 20w and should not be a very heavy load for the ATM.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
All is well, I’ll share my shame later but didn’t want Red to think there’s a problem with my ATM. It rocks!

Something doesn't seem right - the input voltage should always read around 24v. You have the power going into the left side, and the device plugged into the right side, correct? I know it's a dumb question but the device WILL power on if you put power to the output side. I have no idea what it will do in this situation.
Lol! Already in an elevated state, I moved the herbo & ATM from my little room upstairs into the lounge and did exactly this^ Thought it was a dumb question, eh? Well I’m a dumb customer, do not underestimate me sir! Flipped them and it went right to my settings and all was heavenly. I’m embarrassed but also a bit proud for providing this public service.
Now we know what happens and I humbly suggest including the following statement on the pre-built unit’s page:

If you mistakenly plug the power cord into the right side, the ATM will still boot up the software and promptly send its max voltage to whatever’s plugged in; the ATM itself will not be harmed if this happens and once the user removes their head from their rectum & switches the cables, the ATM will function properly. Dumb-Ass

So there you have it folks, conclusive proof that REFC-Labs makes products that are truly idiot-proof! :haw:

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Lol! Already in an elevated state, I moved the herbo & ATM from my little room upstairs into the lounge and did exactly this^ Thought it was a dumb question, eh? Well I’m a dumb customer, do not underestimate me sir! Flipped them and it went right to my settings and all was heavenly. I’m embarrassed but also a bit proud for providing this public service.
Now we know what happens and I humbly suggest including the following statement on the pre-built unit’s page:

If you mistakenly plug the power cord into the right side, the ATM will still boot up the software and promptly send its max voltage to whatever’s plugged in; the ATM itself will not be harmed if this happens and once the user removes their head from their rectum & switches the cables, the ATM will function properly. Dumb-Ass

So there you have it folks, conclusive proof that REFC-Labs makes products that are truly idiot-proof! :haw:
Thanks for the info! I will add something to the page about the input being on the left by default!

Glad it was something simple, I was getting worried there! 😌

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I did this exact thing, although I caught it before I had connected anything on the output side. I was really surprised that it worked and I thought I had assembled it wrong. I have a single unit, I suspect it is easier to keep straight on a duplex, because there is only one jack on the power side.

Glad you got it sorted out, the ATM is one of my favorite things.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20220612-024931158.jpg

Thanks again @RedEyeFlightControl :cool::bowdown:

Razhumikin

I got a plug in iHeat today, and its an unbelievable vape. The only thing I dont like about it is the power system, which is a big and blocky 12V/8A ac/dc converter. I was wondering, is there any reason I cant just set my atm to 12 volts and 8 amps and run the iheat off it?

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
I got a plug in iHeat today, and its an unbelievable vape. The only thing I dont like about it is the power system, which is a big and blocky 12V/8A ac/dc converter. I was wondering, is there any reason I cant just set my atm to 12 volts and 8 amps and run the iheat off it?
The modules used in the ATM max out at 5a of current and would not be able to support a 12v 8a load.

If the iHeat can be run at a higher voltage, you can reduce the amperage it draws by increasing voltage, but it is not recommended to run devices outside of +- 10% max volt tolerance as a general rule. Amps are pulled, volts are pushed. While amps (current) is demanded by the load, too much voltage (like pressure) can quickly damage things.

Given that it has been spec'd with a higher current supply, I'm guessing 12v is the upper voltage limit and would recommend verifying this with the maker.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Been using an ATM for about 2 weeks now with my Halo and I absolutely love it. Set up was super simple, took maybe 5mins to get it up and running. The boost feature is great for when I'm too impatient to wait for a proper heat soak or if the Missis and I are going back to back to back.

One question though: Is it possible to program it so that it starts running when powered on? I assume it's a safety feature and I can't but I'd love to use it with a smart switch so I can just tell Alexa to start the Halo and then it's nice and toasty for some roasting when I get to it.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I figured out a while back how to program the additional 8 presets that come with the dual VVPS. But I still need help navigating to them. With no buttons like the M1 and M2 buttons, how do you actually select the additional presets once you program them?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I figured out a while back how to program the additional 8 presets that come with the dual VVPS. But I still need help navigating to them. With no buttons like the M1 and M2 buttons, how do you actually select the additional presets once you program them?
  1. Push and hold "set"
  2. Turn the knob and observe that the screen shows M0 changes through your presets.
  3. Quick press of "set" selects the preset.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Just wanted to pop by and say the ATM is an amazing bit of kit. I use it so much daily and love the solid output. I love it and don’t really think about it simultaneously, which is what I’m after in a controller, I don’t want to have to be constantly fiddling with it. I plan to get another one soon because I’ve realised that I really need a dedicated ATM in both of my relaxation stations® since they’re on different floors of the house and moving it around is a very minor inconvenience. Yes folks, I am just that lazy.

And the ATM is just that badass. I have several other DC controllers that went with their respective heaters but the ATM provides way more stable performance and is way more visually appealing. It’s one of those little things that somehow makes a big difference, thanks Red!

Easywider

Simple is the way
Nice! I just melted mine last weekend when my velcro adhesive let go and it fell on top of my Zenith. Caught it just in time no Zeniths were harmed in the melting of the ATM module. Fun fact, when 3d printed enclosures melt they don't melt inward as normal plastic would. Instead, they balloon outwards layer by layer. Like birchbark peeling off a tree. Also, don't place heat sources under electronics :myday: Anyway, glad to know I can replace this now.

DonMarteng

Hey folks,
Im a bit late to the party but this looks like a must have.
All I currently use with a 12V Adapter is a Herborizer Ti and 2 different Vapbongs (same input).
Getting the dual will allow me to run any 2 of these devices at a time?
Only plan on using these for the time being so can I go 2.5mm output instead of 2.1 from the beginning?
Not a fan of adapters thats why Im asking.
If not ill just plug the adapter into the ATM and get a 2.5mm cable aye?
Thanks, cant wait to try one out!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Top Bottom