• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It would show that he has lied about how much money he makes. It would show that he lies about how much he gives to charity. It would show that he lies about where his money comes from. It would (likely) show that some significant portion of his income comes from Russian oligarchs. It would show that he hardly pays anything in taxes. It would show all the things that drive him to try and hide them from the American people.

I guarantee you that he isn't taking the hit he gets for not showing them for no reason at all. There must be reasons for him to do that. He needs to not get away with it...

Every time he is caught in a lie he shows more of his ass, and it is another reason he is completely untrustworthy.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
All of the important answers could be compiled from the SEC. Except some personal investments, but even many funds report through the SEC. It could be found out if someone wanted to.

Yes, this is an indictment of our media. Just sayin.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I could care less either way for any candidate personally. I don't need to look at tax returns to make a judgement call on a person.

My thing is, if a journalist wanted to, they could put together roughly 85% of Trump's business finances if they actually wanted to instead of just having a talking point.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
All of his company and trading info are available through the SEC, and could be pulled at any point by anyone. For free.
Go for it.:tup:

I need to see the taxes. This is impotent and I think it should be requirement in the future.

It must be pretty bad. I will just imagine the worst and I think America should too.

Edit
Typo above I meant important not impotent.ha ha ha Thank you @Amoreena

Last edited:

Gunky

All of the important answers could be compiled from the SEC. Except some personal investments, but even many funds report through the SEC. It could be found out if someone wanted to.

Yes, this is an indictment of our media. Just sayin.
Yeah, you only need to be a financial, legal and commercial expert, and go through several million pages to figure out that some parts of the picture can never be answered without Trump's tax filings. This is more big lie technique. If only "someone wanted to" my ass!

Everyone knows Trump won't release the returns because releasing them would be worse for him than whatever blowback he gets for not releasing them. Trump Jr. actually admitted that the other day. Ergo he is hiding shit. His whole pitch is what a great and successful businessman he is. If he is so successful and great, such a winner, how come he is hiding stuff?

Last edited:

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Anyone with an accounting degree could do it. Those can't be that hard to find. And yes, he is a liar, but business filings are all audited. Where do you think they get the conflicting data to do a personal audit from?

Watergate, the installation of defibs on airplanes, breaking up the Rockefeller oil monopoly, the NSA scandals? Investigative journalism is directly responsible for a lot of major stuff, all requiring multiple disciplines and they have done it well. This could be done, especially with automation with computer analysis and search optimizations.

Last edited:

Gunky

Anyone with an accounting degree could do it. Those can't be that hard to find. And yes, he is a liar, but business filings are all audited. Where do you think they get the conflicting data to do a personal audit from?
Uhuh, right. Heck any decent engineer can build a rocket and visit the moon. It's all been done before so the tech is all out there. Start putting aside money from your allowance and you too can do it!

All kidding aside we shouldn't have to dig for this information. We shouldn't have to spend probably tens of millions of dollars to ferret out what Donald Trump is up to and to whom he owes money and favors. He is applying for the job of POTUS. He has to prove to us that he is worthy, and it is not up to us or any media actor to spend millions to figure out all his sordid secrets. If he wants the job he has to divulge, as he told Romney 4 years ago. If that is going to be too intrusive for him or if he disdains our right to know, perhaps he should stick to 'reality TV' and scamming people?

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Coqu8yYUsAASLvn.jpg

Ch9KTFMVEAA0XHc.jpg

2F2AC46500000578-3352306-Pariah_The_Philadelphia_Daily_News_compared_Trump_to_Adolf_Hitle-m-5_1449653728250.jpg

3dfaa4915bab65d7afb6730246c30beee84f060816caab324a719b596b669098_1.jpg

media_65811d30-19df-11e5-b2b9-0193dca05497.jpg

bernie-sanders-memes-2.jpg

13108936_599389143563859_1552668122_n.jpg

13584144_1197188633638822_1910338196_n.jpg

CpSjqzWW8AAp1UJ.jpg

:argh::myday:

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Isn't that how the majority of ambassadorships have occurred since the very beginning....of time?

"Ambassadors are nominated by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate.[1] An ambassador can be appointed during a recess, but he or she can only serve as ambassador until the end of the next session of Congress unless subsequently confirmed.[2] Ambassadors serve "at the pleasure of the President", meaning they can be dismissed at any time.

An ambassador may be a career Foreign Service Officer or a political appointee. In most cases, career foreign service officers serve a tour of approximately three years per ambassadorship whereas political appointees customarily tender their resignations upon the inauguration of a new president. As embassies fall under the State Department's jurisdiction, ambassadors answer directly to the Secretary of State."

I think selling them for 1-3+ million a seat to random unqualified rich people might be different, I could be wrong?

Besides, I am not sure that part is the real problem, for them, again, I could be wrong?

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I wanna be an ambassador to somewhere. Besides a big heart wallet, I understand the other main requirement is the ability to say, "please pass the sweet and sour shrimp" in a variety of languages and inflections, while reflecting appropriate regional sensitivities and sensibilities. I'll take holland ;)

:myday:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
"Less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it". I don't see an end to the first part so bring on the second part already......

edit: Some of these people got their ambassador seats the same day they wrote the check..:shrug:

Last edited:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Is this new? Politico has their own "Clinton email" section now that is 9 stories per page and 51 pages deep.. :)

http://www.politico.com/news/hillary-clinton-emails

Not sure if they are just organizing 450ish news stories or preparing? Interesting...

Edit: if you don't already know, there is an email showing that politico runs its stories past the DNC for approval before sending it to their editor.

I will leave this here.

http://projectpurge.com/article/updating-new-dnc-leak-pay-to-play-voter-fraud-insider-trading/

Tick tock tick tock...

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Everything we see on the internet isn't real. Most of us realize that. Some of the websites that we've seen here included. I will let you pick and choose and decide. At this point barring some horrible thing I think most folks have made their decision.

A vote is a personal decision, this year will be the biggest and the most important vote of your lifetime. Imagine how the world would have been without George W. Bush as president?

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Just remember that Collen Powell, the DNC and Clinton have never said the emails were not authentic.

People are posting fakes, but they can be checked.

It's a hack, not a forgery.

Last edited:

BD9

Edit: if you don't already know, there is an email showing that politico runs its stories past the DNC for approval before sending it to their editor.

I will leave this here.

http://projectpurge.com/article/updating-new-dnc-leak-pay-to-play-voter-fraud-insider-trading/

Tick tock tick tock...

Hmm... Is this true?! I did not know that.

I've said it a few times before but Politifact is one the best unbiased fact checking websites for political stories/claims.

YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH

BD9,

Gunky

Project purge is a birther site:
Jared Wyand @JaredWyand

On behalf of Twitter, I demand @HillaryClinton apologize for starting the #birtherism movement in 2008

9:27 AM - 16 Sep 2016

People should be ashamed for posting trash from this site. Some appear incapable of shame. Mods should be aware that there are people trolling here, posting stuff from troll sites like project purge, not to mention making stuff up. I guess it is ok to troll here but not ok to notice it.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
So I am a troll now? Lol..

Nice edit.

This is reminding me of the global warming debate I had in my car forum. It did not go well either.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
If the bastards do ask the DNC for permission before posting articles then I hope they don't call themselves journalists.

This highlights my frustration.....After reading through a few articles from the same author/source...if I start to get the same 'feel' in each article I check the source/author for political leanings. If I find a trend or even a blatant disregard for impartiality.....I stop reading anything from that source/author.

Many of the articles referenced or pasted into this thread are not from sources that are impartial so I ignore them.

It's really hard to find true, impartial journalism.

There was a reporter/interviewer who was impartial but during one segment lost their impartiality when trying to get to the heart of some information. The next time I saw that reporter's work he was back to being impartial. I still listen to that reporter because I know he is trying to be a 'journalist' not a fan-boy.

Gunky

Referring to other members as "trolls" is against our be nice rule. Thread ban applied.
A few people are gaming the system. The mods won't allow criticism of a poster so trolls post freely. The problem with the Ignore function is other posters respond to something you can't see and after a while the thread is gibberish. In a sense, this is Trumpism in a nutshell: churning out bullshit so quickly and so voluminously and continuously that refutation is impossible. Maybe I am done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom