The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Cr76om9WAAAcyTA.jpg

lwien

EVERYBODY thinks their facts are right and unassailable and that other people's facts are innuendo and opinion.

That's not true. I don't think that way. I am totally aware that my facts are nothing but innuendo and opinion. ;)

But seriously, I really don't think that my facts are unassailable. I do feel that they're right until proven wrong and as far as my opinions, I always leave a door open for challenges that could cause me to look at something in a different way. It's the only reason, outside of entertainment, that I watch Fox News.

Ya gotta be careful with those broad brush strokes, man.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Just found out you need to subscribe to your service provider to watch on C-span live.:bang:Found a streaming site so I can watch without the talking heads. :tinfoil: Maybe I'll watch a little viewer call programming in beforehand for a laugh.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: BD9

grokit

well-worn member
"Believe me when I tell you this. I know what I'm talking about. Fuzzy Math."

"That is just not accurate. You live in your own reality. These are the facts."

:horse::puke:
These are two very unappealing candidates.
They seem to be entertaining each other though :rolleyes:

This debate has only just started, and
I don't know how much more of it I can take.

edit: "The American people are sick of hearing about your damn emails!"

:myday:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Trump is for stop and frisk law which is unconstitutional.

The new guidelines are the result of a class-action lawsuit filed by the Center for Constitutional Rights against the NYPD over its use of stop and frisk. Judge Shira Scheindlin presided over the case, and in 2013, she ruled that the department’s use of the tactic was unconstitutional, saying it amounted to a “policy of indirect racial profiling.”

The ruling came after a decade in which the number of police stops in the city ballooned. In 2011, almost 700,000 New Yorkers were stopped by police, a 600 percent increase from 2002. Almost 90 percent of the people stopped that year were completely innocent of a criminal offense, and 87 percent of those stopped were black or Latino.

Andrea Ritchie, senior policy analyst at police reform advocacy group Streetwise and Safe, said Monday’s memo “simply reiterates the federal constitutional standard” for a stop and frisk — a standard she said the NYPD ignored for years.

CarolKing

The birther issue was devasting for Trump Tonight during the debate. He dug a big hole for himself and he kept digging. They are talking about it on CNN.

Doing some fact checking with Patty Doyle about the birther question. She's right here on CNN. Ha ha ha.

grokit

well-worn member
On my appletv, I switched from cbsnews to the young turks through youtube, because I needed their interruptions. These two talk and talk and talk and at the same time they don't say shit :mad::shit:

It seems like that anyways. Killary talks facts while drumpf disdains them. He's a brat, she's a wonk.

Killary has clearly done her homework, while drumpf needs to up his game. Drumpf the businessman started well enough but he needed to keep her on the defensive to win, and he couldn't do that. I liked when drumpf was trying to sell the stamina thing, while his was waning and she clearly had the energy edge at the end. Drumpf seemed to lose his steam about halfway through. They both seem disconnected from the electorate, in their own way. Drumpf needs to win these debates more than killary does, and he didn't do that today.

BD9

"Lemme tell ya!". "Lemme tell ya!". "WROOOOONGG!". "WROOOOONGG!"

"Not paying taxes makes me smart".

I was a little concerned for the first 20-30 minutes. It seemed the longer the debate went on the more he become himself.
I think HRC won the debate, but didn't put it away. I don't think either of them changed anyone's mind or helped themselves with undecided voters.

grokit

well-worn member
A question for drumpf: you keep talking about how corrupt everything is (while alluding that you know this because you are so adept of taking advantage of it), wtf are you going to DO about this corruption.

Get them both on the record about legalized corruption like citizen's united; segue to the supreme court.

CarolKing

I think Hillary did very well during the debate. Trump is already saying that they gave him a bad microphone. He will probably talk trash about Lester Holt too. I think Lester Holt bent over backwards to accommodate Trump. Trump was rude and kept interrupting and acting like his typical obnoxious self. He showed he doesn't have the personality or the knowledge to be president.

Edit
I'm always skeptical about a person who thinks they are the most smartest person in the room. Most of the time they aren't.

Last edited:

little maggie

Cynical I know but I don't think the debates really matter. They aren't going to change any Trump minds. I talked with a woman today who is a republican because she grew up in a republican family. I shouldn't have but I asked if she was going to vote for Trump and, she knows absolutely nothing about him but is going to vote for him.

lwien

For the first 15 minutes, Trump won. After that.............he lost it. He took every piece of bait that Hillary threw at him.

It was far from a landslide victory for her, but she won it and I think it might be enough to stall the momentum that Trump was building up for himself just prior to the debates. If she gains in the polls, it will only be a point or two.

gaseous_clay

So that was... Yeah. About what I expected. He wore pants. So did she. And... Why are these the best options? HOW????

edit: If elected, the first thing I would do is invite Tommy Chong over for a ceremony giving him a full pardon & apology. Then I take a vacation day & have a day that I cannot even imagine.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I got several takeaways from the mud slinging session but overriding thought was it was appalling viewing.

Hillary Clinton really likes "taking out" enemies & made no secret of her pleasure in doing so. I found that genuinely perplexing when Drumpf slung she thinks women should be paid at the same rate as men but have lower performance standards. Rather than deny or defend it she agreed & acknowledged it.

Drumpf is seriously out of his depth & showed it the longer he had his melon up there. Treating NATO like it is his local protection racket & the other businesses aren't coming up with their "insurance payment" so they "might have a warehouse fire" kind of attitude.

It is pretty clear that there is only one qualified candidate. That is a damming indictment on the corrupt system at play. I can only hope that there is a few viable third parties up & running that has enough appeal to be able to hold a balance of power in the house of representatives & senate. If you hold the balance of power you can punch well above your weight & make genuine change or stonewall some of the more dangerous bills proposed.

We had one called the Democrats & their slogan was "keep the bastards honest". Whilst they never held more than 11% of the national vote they indeed held a balance of power for many years & had significant influence. Things went downhill after their leader was exposed having an affair with the leader of the opposition (think Clinton fucking Sanders)

s4LTQQH.png

Morty

So...there was a "debate" tonight ? Huh...:hmm:. More like a "trumping"! Oooh. Booya! Fuck both of 'em though. I always loved what Bill Hicks had to say on the matter. "I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'Well I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!' Shut up! Go back to bed America. Your government is in control. Here's Love Connection. Watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer, you fucking morons." I'll be casting a write in vote for @ataxian. Legalize that shit! So sick of this double standard prohibition BULLSHIT! Motherfuckers.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
This is interesting as I think it is conclusive that Drumpf has YUGE medical issues.. /s

Drumpf has the sniffles. And appears to be having a serious hissy fit.
If Hillary sniffled the failed 4th estate would have assaulted her non-stop and they have.
Drumpf gets away with murder. And I do believe the failed 4th estate would let him skate if he actually committed murder.
Aside from his obvious mental issues I have heard that he has AIDs, cancer, and chronic diarrhea.
I am not saying it is true, but I have heard it from many many people.
/s

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/09/donald-trump-appears-have-hissy-fit-he

Top Bottom