THC-V Weight Loss Endorsement. Anyone else?

florduh

I've tried THC-V from Lula CBD that's allegedly D9 dominant. Overall... not very impressed. I wanted to test it for adding a mild sativa like stimulant effect to dabs. The tricky part is getting the dosage is hard. If I add too much, it tends to just totally blunt all the effects of THC, without adding much of a stimmy effect. If I nail the ratios, it does give me a mild stimulant effect, along with some appetite suppression. But if I'm being honest, it does neither half as well as just consuming caffeine with your weed.

This might be that the Lula stuff has more Delta 8 than Delta 9, despite their claims. It might just need more experimentation. I dunno. I'd much rather just find high THCV strains, but there really aren't any in my area. Didn't really see it back in LA either.

iammyself

I gave up seeking out THCV, and just consume strains I like the effects of. My weight has stabilized at a healthy 175, so maybe it was just the mental health benefit that made it seem easy to lose the weight. Or possibly some other yet unstudied benefit of being an every-day consumer. I have no idea what to attribute my weight loss to, other than being in a better mental state all the time as a result of cannabis.

florduh

I gave up seeking out THCV, and just consume strains I like the effects of. My weight has stabilized at a healthy 175, so maybe it was just the mental health benefit that made it seem easy to lose the weight. Or possibly some other yet unstudied benefit of being an every-day consumer. I have no idea what to attribute my weight loss to, other than being in a better mental state all the time as a result of cannabis.

I might be wrong, but I thought in long term studies of cannabis users, they tended to be thinner than average.

GoldenBud

cannabis and waistlines
I think it's because people are well aware of the hyper-eating effects cannabis can cause to the consumer.... THC can make you super hungry....so people try to count and calculate what they will eat, unless somebody really don't care about himself (most people are normal)

but I really want to see another articles on this subject

Cannabis is not among the things help you reduce weight, maybe THCV but not sure, Cannabis is not like Cinnamon/Green Tea Extract/Ginger, I don't think it links to any weight loss benefits! just make the user more aware of the over-eating habits?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: iammyself

C No Ego

I think it's because people are well aware of the hyper-eating effects cannabis can cause to the consumer.... THC can make you super hungry....so people try to count and calculate what they will eat, unless somebody really don't care about himself (most people are normal)

but I really want to see another articles on this subject

Cannabis is not among the things help you reduce weight, maybe THCV but not sure, Cannabis is not like Cinnamon/Green Tea Extract/Ginger, I don't think it links to any weight loss benefits! just make the user more aware of the over-eating habits?
metabolizing phytocannabinoids activates the pro homeostasis response in your cells ... obesity is anti homeostasis so regulating how all of your cells that are metabolically active tissue cells respond to one another is one of the aspects of metabolizing cannabis plant .
even for people who gorge out on junk food all the time and use cannabis all the time as well do not gain weight generally ... the persons genes of course determine that as well but even then cannabis can helpthem to establish a healthy weight for their individuality etc....
Also , phytocannabinoid metabolism is anti-inflammatory , anti-oxidant so that too helps us to manage weight as inflammation can lead to weight gain

GoldenBud

metabolizing phytocannabinoids activates the pro homeostasis response in your cells ... obesity is anti homeostasis so regulating how all of your cells that are metabolically active tissue cells respond to one another is one of the aspects of metabolizing cannabis plant .
even for people who gorge out on junk food all the time and use cannabis all the time as well do not gain weight generally ... the persons genes of course determine that as well but even then cannabis can helpthem to establish a healthy weight for their individuality etc....
Also , phytocannabinoid metabolism is anti-inflammatory , anti-oxidant so that too helps us to manage weight as inflammation can lead to weight gain
THCD9 molecule replace the anadamide in our brain, hence more Dopamine is placed in our synapses, it yields more Dopamine in our synapses...
I think and I am pretty sure we'll find articles support the idea of Dopamine excess will cause over-eating, obesity, etc'

but, when people care about themself, they will be prepared to eat more healthy things like protein and fibers other than fat/processed/fried food. ofcourse it also depends a lot in their genetics

so... how this life style of "I want to stay fit & healthy" comes together with smoking/vaping habits? I think more and more people organize their menu if they know they're goin to smoke/vape tonight

C No Ego

THCD9 molecule replace the anadamide in our brain, hence more Dopamine is placed in our synapses, it yields more Dopamine in our synapses...
I think and I am pretty sure we'll find articles support the idea of Dopamine excess will cause over-eating, obesity, etc'

but, when people care about themself, they will be prepared to eat more healthy things like protein and fibers other than fat/processed/fried food. ofcourse it also depends a lot in their genetics

so... how this life style of "I want to stay fit & healthy" comes together with smoking/vaping habits? I think more and more people organize their menu if they know they're goin to smoke/vape tonight
the enzymes in our stomach are being activated as well - Ghrelin, Leptin and the MTOR pathways also
"
Target of rapamycin (TOR) is a highly conserved serine/threonine kinase that controls cell growth and metabolism in response to nutrients, growth factors, cellular energy, and stress. TOR, which was originally discovered in yeast, is conserved in all eukaryotes including plants, worms, flies, and mammals. The discovery of TOR led to a fundamental change in how we think about cell growth. It is not a spontaneous process that just happens when building blocks (nutrients) are available, but rather a highly regulated, plastic process controlled by TOR-dependent signaling pathways. TOR is found in 2 structurally and functionally distinct multiprotein complexes, TORC1 and TORC2. The 2 TOR complexes, like TOR itself, are highly conserved. Mammalian TORC1 (mTORC1) is rapamycin sensitive and contains mTOR, raptor, and mLST8. TORC1 in yeast and mammals mediates temporal control of cell growth by regulating several cellular processes, including translation, transcription, ribosome biogenesis, nutrient transport, and autophagy. mTORC2 is rapamycin insensitive and contains mTOR, rictor, mSIN1, PRR5, and mLST8. TORC2 in yeast and mammals mediates spatial control of cell growth by regulating the actin cytoskeleton. Thus, the 2 TOR complexes constitute an ancestral signaling network conserved throughout eukaryotic evolution to control the fundamental process of cell growth. As a central controller of cell growth, TOR plays a key role in development and aging and has been implicated in disorders such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and diabetes. The challenge now is to understand the role of mTOR signaling to coordinate and integrate overall body growth in multicellular organisms.
"

and also POMC activation
"
The central melanocortin system is a well-established neuronal pathway involved in regulating energy metabolism. Pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons, agouti gene-related protein (AgRP) neurons, and their downstream cells expressing the melanocortin-3 (MC3R) and melanocortin-4 receptors (MC4R) are three key components of the central melanocortin pathway. This chapter focuses on the Pomc gene and the POMC neural system. First, I summarize the established role of this system in inhibiting food intake. Second, in light of new cutting-edge techniques, our understanding of how POMC neurons function to regulate energy homeostasis has been refined during the last few years. I describe some recent advances and discuss bidirectional effects of POMC neurons on feeding. Finally, the physiological significance beyond energy metabolism, in particular for reward and sex, is also discussed. "

POMC Neurons: From Birth to Death​

but really the most basic way is how the metabolism of the phytocannabinoids activates our cell capabilities and leads them to respond via pro homeostasis response

C No Ego,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

the enzymes in our stomach are being activated as well - Ghrelin, Leptin and the MTOR pathways also
"
wait, you're talking about THCV Edible? wow, is that exist?! :ko: can't wait to try it! ((I thought you were speaking about THCV vapor....))
and it doesn't give food craving, like THCD9 Edible? if you had tried it

checking this out:

PS
Sorry that I skipped all the contect you were written in your previous message - I didn't understand if it's related to THCV / THCD9 in any way? please explain if possible

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom