TETRAx

GoldenBud

I'm not sure to be honest, I have my Dreamwood Glow on one so I can give it a test sometime when I get the urge to tinker lol
Can you check with the TETRAx please, cruising on 225C? I mean, I need to purchase it for a friend of mine because I played too much between firmwares tubo > arctic fox etc' for testing and ruined the micro usb of his GEN3 300W (it works but not charging, not sure if it's my fault but still) . I'd like to buy the DUAL for him, because the GEN3 300W is overheating. thanks if you can :)

GoldenBud,

Jacer

Can you check with the TETRAx please, cruising on 225C? I mean, I need to purchase it for a friend of mine because I played too much between firmwares tubo > arctic fox etc' for testing and ruined the micro usb of his GEN3 300W (it works but not charging, not sure if it's my fault but still) . I'd like to buy the DUAL for him, because the GEN3 300W is overheating. thanks if you can :)
Hey so I just tested it and while I got no device too hot warnings, my TETRAx was not functioning properly so I am unsure if that is why there were no errors :/ Don't feel like messing with it tonight but I'm going to have to tinker with my TETRAx to make sure that it isn't malfunctioning, although it's showing the exact symptoms (seeming to get hot but minor to no cloud production, even after upping the resistance) it did the other two times it broke so all I can do is hope

Okay good news is that my TETRAx is not broken, hooked it up to my RX Gen 3 (not the dual) and it ripped like it normally does, although was still getting the device to hot message,

Last edited:
Jacer,

GoldenBud

Hey so I just tested it and while I got no device too hot warnings, my TETRAx was not functioning properly so I am unsure if that is why there were no errors :/ Don't feel like messing with it tonight but I'm going to have to tinker with my TETRAx to make sure that it isn't malfunctioning, although it's showing the exact symptoms (seeming to get hot but minor to no cloud production, even after upping the resistance) it did the other two times it broke so all I can do is hope

Okay good news is that my TETRAx is not broken, hooked it up to my RX Gen 3 (not the dual) and it ripped like it normally does, although was still getting the device to hot message,
Good to know, and good your heater is alive'n'kickn. I'll take the chance, 45$ for this GEN3 230W. thanks man! and kick ripping the TETRAx, I like it with the GEN3 300W too, 220C isn't a bad temp to vape at! ;)

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

dimmusp

Are there any new single-battery mods like the P80 coming out any time soon? I've thought of getting one because of the weird quirks of my P80, but it looks like the only compatible mods either use 2-3 batteries or are pretty old.

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

Are there any new single-battery mods like the P80 coming out any time soon? I've thought of getting one because of the weird quirks of my P80, but it looks like the only compatible mods either use 2-3 batteries or are pretty old.
you hear sounds from the P80 right when you play with the keys etc'? the keys are not premium to stay in place.. 30$ mod anyway..they better invest on other stuff than that..but it works perfect with the TUBOx for me..

GoldenBud,

androponic

vaped.
Hi!

I'm pleased to let you know it's nearly time for the next drop!

There will be several custom and prebuilt units available this time:

12 Prebuilt Tetra P80s
15 CustomTetra P80s
5 Prebuilt Tetra Xs

Orders will be open from :

Thursday 2nd July - - 9PM CET (Swiss Time) - -

(USA time: 3PM (East) / 12PM (West) )

The new items will be made available here

Tetra P80: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_91

Tetra X : https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_88

We'll list the new items on those pages at the time of the drop and you can then check out whatever you've selected.
You can see examples of the wood types, box mod colours and engravings we may have available from the images on the custom P80 page: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_91&product_id=728
If you want to add anything extra after you've set up an order, you can use the code ADDTOORDER at the checkout
If you would like to make changes to your custom order after the time of purchase, then please email lamart@oazo.ch . Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that we can make all required changes if the build process has already started,
Items are shipped once a week, and the status of your order will change when the items are sent
Custom orders will take around 6 weeks to build and ship from the point the design is agreed on. Apologies - This is slightly longer than usual due to the limited access we have to some facilities
Feel free to get back to me if you need any more info or have any questions about the ordering process, and thanks again for your interest!

Paddy

MikeRotchHertz

I saw the pink cable one was still there until the very end, but I decided not to buy a backup. I honestly just logged in to see all the new wood choices

MikeRotchHertz,

MikeRotchHertz

Yeah that's pretty late really. On the last drop was for P80s but I searched and found a refurb Marine blue tubo evic I picked up for for a great deal because everyone was all over the P80s and I already had the TetraX

MikeRotchHertz,

dimmusp

@funkyjunky

Previously I mentioned how the factory resistance came recommended at 0.217 ohms, while I only started to see vapor at reasonable temperatures when setting my P80 mod to around 0.233 - 0.237 ohms.

I just used a multimeter to measure the resistance at the silver screw + golden tip of the TETRAx connector and it gave readings in the range 0.32 - 0.40 ohms. I tried again at the actual wire endings and it gave a similar reading.

What could explain these large discrepancies?

Thanks

dimmusp,

curiouscat

So I managed to snag a TETRAx on the last drop. I'm sooooo stoked for it to arrive, but now I'm looking for a mod to run the TETRAx off of.

What's the latest and greatest mod to power the TETRAx?

curiouscat,
Reactions: dimmusp

androponic

vaped.
So I managed to snag a TETRAx on the last drop. I'm sooooo stoked for it to arrive, but now I'm looking for a mod to run the TETRAx off of.

What's the latest and greatest mod to power the TETRAx?
What i use and what is pretty popular around here is the Wismec RXgen3 dual. it runs lamart TUBO firmware and is a dual 18650 battery unit for extra runtime. Its pretty inexpensive especially if you shop around. It should only cost you around 40 bucks.

curiouscat

So upon some further reading, it seems like Wismec doesn't have too good of a track record recently and overall most of the devices that are supported by TUBO firmware are quite dated. The P80 does have good reviews though but I think I would prefer something with atleast 2 batteries.

The Joyetech devices seem reliable but are even older and are hard to find in Australia.

What i use and what is pretty popular around here is the Wismec RXgen3 dual. it runs lamart TUBO firmware and is a dual 18650 battery unit for extra runtime. Its pretty inexpensive especially if you shop around. It should only cost you around 40 bucks.

I will check out the RX Gen3 Dual since it seems to be one of the newer models on the list on lamart.ch, thanks.

curiouscat,

rickybobby

My tetrax coil resistance is supposed to be .233 When I put it on my p80 it reads as .240. Now I also have a wismec rx 2/3 and when I put my tetrax on that mod the resistance reads .261 Basically, I'm wondering why this is? is my mod messed up? would it be okay to just simply set the resistance to the recommended .233? Forgive my ignorance I just don't want to damage anything. The difference between the mods for resistance just seems way off

rickybobby,

dimmusp

My tetrax coil resistance is supposed to be .233 When I put it on my p80 it reads as .240. Now I also have a wismec rx 2/3 and when I put my tetrax on that mod the resistance reads .261 Basically, I'm wondering why this is? is my mod messed up? would it be okay to just simply set the resistance to the recommended .233? Forgive my ignorance I just don't want to damage anything. The difference between the mods for resistance just seems way off
Mine is even greater. Factory recommendation is 0.217, the mod says it should be 0.32, and my multimeter agrees with the mod and gives something around 0.32 - 0.36.

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

I'm not sure but I think that the difference is coming from that there are 3 or 4 coils in each unit, not 1. so the resistance setup should be lowered than what the mod sees. but I'm not 100% sure.

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Resistance was said to be .235 but im not getting vapor until .260 and i want to go higher since the vapor is thin. Is that safe?
yeah, you can, it's not certain where the "problem" is, maybe the mod reads it differently
i run mine 0.01 higher too

GoldenBud,

Potatovape

If anyone can help, my tetrax was working fine one second then the next the temperature started fluctuating like crazy from 0-999F. I dont know what the issue is but i think i might need to send it in, how do i do that?

Does anyone know how to push the pin out like i saw early in this thread?

Potatovape,

androponic

vaped.
Does anyone know how to push the pin out like i saw early in this thread?
are you trying to take the cover off of the 510 connector? if so, the pin just keeps friction against the connector since it is only through the wood. the cover just slides up the wire covering. if you are trying to get the center of the 510 connector out then once you lift the cover up the wire covering a bit then the center pin is friction fit, it can be pushed out more from the backside where the wire is soldered into the hollow core.

Last edited:
androponic,

Potatovape

are you trying to take the cover off of the 510 connector? if so, the pin just keeps friction against the connector since it is only through the wood. the cover just slides up the wire covering. if you are trying to get the center of the 510 connector out then once you lift the cover up the wire covering a bit then the center pin is friction fit, it can be pushed out more from the backside where the wire is soldered into the hollow core.
Do you know if i should just send my unit to him so it gets there quicker, or if i should wait for him to reply first? Im not sure since he doesnt reply often

Potatovape,

Hippie

Is this what you mean?

I would go through the mod settings 1st tho before doing that, to be sure your friend hasn't made any changes (if they borrowed the mod too)

Hippie,

Potatovape

Is this what you mean?

I would go through the mod settings 1st tho before doing that, to be sure your friend hasn't made any changes (if they borrowed the mod too)
Nope, tried that sadly and it didnt do anything. the temperature just keeps fluctuating. Also i handed it to my friend for a second, it was working fine until he took it and said it was going crazy and it was. Also, i tried a different mod and it did the same crazy temp fluctuation too

Potatovape,
  • Sad
Top Bottom