TETRAx

dimmusp

I've seen most people using the TETRAx separately from the mod so that they can place the heater on top of a water piece.

But has anyone tried using it with a dry stem or nub, attached side by side to a mod with the silicone band?

Kind of like a "poor man's TETRA P80" :)

I'd love to see some impressions and photos of that!

Thanks

EDIT: Oohh, I found one example, http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tetrax.41944/page-4#post-1418540

Keep 'em coming!

dimmusp,

Catweasel

I've seen most people using the TETRAx separately from the mod so that they can place the heater on top of a water piece.

But has anyone tried using it with a dry stem or nub, attached side by side to a mod with the silicone band?

Thanks

EDIT: Oohh, I found one example, http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tetrax.41944/page-4#post-1418540

Keep 'em coming!
20191217-095243-1.jpg

Before I had a silicone band I tried a couple hair ties. Worked great still.

dimmusp

How does the cooling of the Lamart "spiked cooling long mouth piece bent" and "nub cooling mouth piece" compare to that of the Mighty's stock cooling unit?

I'm interested in cool vapor without water pieces and I've read good things about both systems, but would like to know more from people who have compared their vapor first-hand.

Thanks

dimmusp,

glenCOCO

To piggyback that, how’s the cooling with the short wooden stems with spike glass insert? Better than the Xl8r jr?

glenCOCO,
Reactions: dimmusp

GoldenBud

And how do they compare to the stock cooling of the Mighty?

Thanks
Glass is not as good insulator as the plastic of the Mighty's cooling unit. On the other hand, the Spiked glass is long enough and Bent! hard question, but anyway, you don't have some bubbler??
BUT THE TASTE OF THE TUBO/TETRAX... is much better than the Mighty's.

dimmusp

Glass is not as good insulator as the plastic of the Mighty's cooling unit. On the other hand, the Spiked glass is long enough and Bent! hard question, but anyway, you don't have some bubbler??
BUT THE TASTE OF THE TUBO/TETRAX... is much better than the Mighty's.
I'd rather not use a bubbler ;)

When you say that glass is not as good an insulator, do you mean that the Lamart stem feels hotter to the lips, or that the vapor that comes out of it is hotter? Or both?

Thanks

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

I'd rather not use a bubbler ;)

When you say that glass is not as good an insulator, do you mean that the Lamart stem feels hotter to the lips, or that the vapor that comes out of it is hotter? Or both?

Thanks
the vapor will be cool enough for you, trust me. I tried only the spiked bent stem, it's a great one. that's why the stem is longer. the length will do the job. the mighty CU isn't long.
On 230C you may feel it's abit hot, not sure. on 215C I didn't feel anything. that's the max temp i was using.

dimmusp

the vapor will be cool enough for you, trust me. I tried only the spiked bent stem, it's a great one. that's why the stem is longer. the length will do the job. the mighty CU isn't long.
On 230C you may feel it's abit hot, not sure. on 215C I didn't feel anything. that's the max temp i was using.
Decisions, decisions!

I've always read great things about TETRA-based vapes, and there's a drop coming with the 15% discount. But the thing is that the drops always run out too fast for me.

At the same time, there's a 4/20 sale that I could use to get a brand-new Mighty for just €208 shipped, and I'm sure it will sell out quickly... :hmm:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Decisions, decisions!

I've always read great things about TETRA-based vapes, and there's a drop coming with the 15% discount. But the thing is that the drops always run out too fast for me.

At the same time, there's a 4/20 sale that I could use to get a brand-new Mighty for just €208 shipped, and I'm sure it will sell out quickly... :hmm:

A big advantage of the Lamart is you can take a hit and come back to it later. With the Mighty's heatup time and hybrid heating you pretty much gotta commit to the bowl or capsule. IDK, I'm a desktop guy so heatup time is generally overrated to me but the on demand or session options make the Lamart more versatile IMO. Mighty is foolproof simple to use but its governed to a maximum setting of 410F, that's basically a 7.5 on the Volcano classic. Good for most people, but some require higher temperatures for their conditions than the Mighty is capable of outputting.

dimmusp

I just read through the whole thread and noticed that several people had problems with their TETRAx (or the mod that goes with it) :o

I need a very reliable vape because I really wouldn't like to be sending it back for repairs. How does the TETRAx compare to the Mighty in that respect?

Thanks

dimmusp,

1nd3cEnt

I just read through the whole thread and noticed that several people had problems with their TETRAx (or the mod that goes with it)

Very instructive to read the complete thread.

If you peruse the Mighty thread, you will discover many issues with the Mighty beyond its high price:
the led screen dims to the point of unreadibility,
the three buttons become loose or stop working,
the female power socket stops making full-contact with the male power plug,
the non-removable batteries will degrade over time allowing only pass-thru use,
indiscrimate or over use of trates will blacken the Mighty's bowl & clog its air intakes,
the cooling unit can get very hot to handle after a sesh,
the dosing capsules will burn you hands if touched immediately after a sesh,
cleaning the cu from build-up/reclaim is a PITA,
an optional second cu is almost essential, along with back-up o-rings, etc.

None of the issues listed above will ever occur with the TetraX.

I believe that most issues raised in this TetraX thread are bc of partially-functioning or non-functioning mods. If the TetraX itself is faulty, then you are covered by warrantee & the knowledge that the manufacturer is not a newcomer, is trustworthy, & is invested in his work product.

Word up - you are wasting your time & your herb if you use the Mighty when you could be using the Tetra.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I just read through the whole thread and noticed that several people had problems with their TETRAx (or the mod that goes with it) :o

I need a very reliable vape because I really wouldn't like to be sending it back for repairs. How does the TETRAx compare to the Mighty in that respect?

Thanks

I allways would advice to take a TETRAx. It's my most used vape overall due its home portability, fast heatup, fantastic taste, versatility 18mm fit and on and on and on...

If I can say any negative beside TETRAx power hungryness, it's its "fragility". There are the glass parts on the one hand and here I can only speak for myself: Had a problem once with my TUBOx, what was resolved by Ralph in a perfect professional way, but I had to send it in.

And you've read it, I had multiple problems with different mods. This is not vault of the TUBOs of course, but nevertheless I've 3 mods meanwhile either TUBOx or TETRAx or both are not properly working with and I can't explain exactly why. Would say it's the Chinese boxmodchunk and the Cuboid is broken for sure, but Splinters are working great with other 2 mods, only resistance adjusted. Still a miracle to me...

TUBOx and TETRAx paired with a Reuleaux RX2 20700 are working like a charm and I still would even rate the TUBOx over most vapes out there.

But seenig the Mighty is still 285€ - 300€, I could have saved all these words. You nearly could grab two TETRAx and two mods. I would go for this, no question :D

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Yeah man conduction devices waste your herb @dimmusp
Mighty is a conduction device, the heater has way less volume than the tetra
Who wants to heat soak their devices?

You can use any mod, but better get a tubo firmware supporter. Remember that Wismec P80 is now supported too, reliable mod with fine sizing! Not too big.

Last edited:

dimmusp

If you peruse the Mighty thread, you will discover many issues with the Mighty beyond its high price
Ouch! Thanks for the summary of the Mighty's many potential issues. I'll try get through the last 100 posts or so in that huge thread.
I believe that most issues raised in this TetraX thread are bc of partially-functioning or non-functioning mods. If the TetraX itself is faulty, then you are covered by warrantee & the knowledge that the manufacturer is not a newcomer, is trustworthy, & is invested in his work product.
I have no doubt that Lamart stands behind their product, but if the TETRAx has frequent problems with mods you're still having to deal with a broken vape regardless of which company's fault it is. The TETRAx by itself is not a full vape, so you have to take the mod into account when looking at the overall reliability.
I allways would advice to take a TETRAx. It's my most used vape overall due its home portability, fast heatup, fantastic taste, versatility 18mm fit and on and on and on...
Wow! That's quite an endorsement considering all the legendary vapes in your signature :love: There's a reason I'm considering a Lamart vape after all!
But seenig the Mighty is still 285€ - 300€, I could have saved all these words. You nearly could grab two TETRAx and two mods. I would go for this, no question :D
Not really!

Let's break down the costs.

TETRAx-based vape:
  • TETRAx: €147
  • Shipping: €12
  • 420 Discount: -€24
  • Import charges: ~ €30
  • Mod: ~ €35
  • Batteries: ~ €10
TOTAL: €210

Mighty-based vape:
  • Mighty: €260
  • 420 Discount: -€52
  • Import charges: €0
  • Mod: €0
  • Batteries: €0
TOTAL: €208
Yeah man conduction devices waste your herb
For sure, a big advantage of the TETRAx is that it's fully on-demand.

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

Mighty-based vape:
  • Mighty: €260
  • 420 Discount: -€52
  • Import charges: €0
  • Mod: €0
  • Batteries: €0

you will need also a good charger for 18650 batteries, and extra stem if the main stem gets broken (then you'll save 40 euros if you buy the mighty)

but you will invest more time of cleaning the mighty than tetrax, the maintenance with the tetrax is almost none. (time=money)

with the mighty it means that you must have ISO/Ethanol all the time around you... and Qtips

Take me back 2y ago and I'd never purchase Dyna M/FLAM/Fury2 instead of tubox/tetrax , because the flexibility of the tetrax is so wide. you can rip 0.05g at 230C or 0.2g starting at 185C
you don't have to wait for the hit or clean the device. if you running out of qtips/ethanol all fine.

dimmusp

you will need also a good charger for 18650 batteries, and extra stem if the main stem gets broken (then you'll save 40 euros if you buy the mighty
Can you just charge the batteries by connecting the mod to a USB charger?

Do the stems get broken that easily?

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

Can you just charge the batteries by connecting the mod to a USB charger?

Do the stems get broken that easily?
you may get too high from this vape it's a big heater one, you want to have a backup. even if your backup is a 5$ male 19mm to male 19mm from DHGate, it's still a backup, so that's an option too if you wanna spare some money. it's a good option IMO for backup purposes!

be careful, don't start the bowl at 220c at the beginning.
start by 190C or so, learn it slow. you can go higher but not over 210C in your first hit of it if you never experienced an HSA heater before.

Last edited:

dimmusp

you may get too high from this vape it's a big heater one, you want to have a backup. even if your backup is a 5$ male 19mm to male 19mm from DHGate, it's still a backup, so that's an option too if you wanna spare some money. it's a good option IMO for backup purposes!

be careful, don't start the bowl at 220c at the beginning.
start by 190C or so, learn it slow. you can go higher but not over 210C in your first hit of it if you never experienced an HSA heater before.
What about the separate charger? Do you think it's necessary?

Regarding the HSA heater, can you sip on the TETRAx and take your time with the bowl, or is it really only for ripping through bowls in a few hits?

Thanks

dimmusp,

1nd3cEnt

What about the separate charger? Do you think it's necessary?

Yes, decent 18650 chargers are inexpensive. Why do you wish to charge batteries in the unit? You can of course but you really do not want to use the device & be charging at the same time, I don't think. Pass-thru charging under use is tough on batteries.

Regarding the HSA heater, can you sip on the TETRAx and take your time with the bowl, or is it really only for ripping through bowls in a few hits?

There are no rules, no restrictions with the Tetra, you alone decide how you wish to use it. The Tetra's flexibilty is due to it being a 510 flower vape, like the Splinter, Stempod, etc. I would prefer any 510 flower vape over the Mighty bc of this flexibility.

In your earlier discussion about the price points of the Mighty vs the Tetra, I suggest you might be overlooking the enormous advantage of mod use. The biggest weakness of the Mighty is its non-replaceable batteries. The Mighty batteries cannot be used in any other device.

Mods used with the TetraX can also be used with any other 510 flower vape, with concentrate attys, like the Sai TAF, Sequoia TAF, the DTv4, the upcoming AVS M22, as well as any 510 cart. I do not like bangers, nor e-nails, nor iso-butane devices, but that is strictly personal, ymmv, so my mods get a lot of use.

You do not require an expensive mod with say a DNA75c chip & e-scribe fw bc Lamart has personally optimised the Tubo firmware to work with the Tetra heater so that it is superior to any DNA mod. The Tubo evic fw is at least as good as Artic Fox, although AF does have auto-profiles.

If you wish to fly with a vaporizer, separating out the power source from the heater is a tremendous advantage. The Mighty must be carry on, but the Tetra could be in luggage, while only the batteries would be carry-on. In fact, one notable reason the Tinymight is so attractive a device is bc of its removable battery, unlike the Mighty, the Fury Edge, etc. Even in these earlier stages of development & even being overpriced, the Tinymight is much more attractive an option than the Mighty.

The Mighty impresses vape noobs bc of its "steampunk" like appearance, its reputation, & its ease of use. It is a very kool device, but otherwise, mine is rarely used, reserved for visitors or otg, by & large.

tokenknifeguy

Thanks

Keep 'em coming!
I find the original long bent glass stem to be the best so far. I have the nub and the spiked short bent stem and they lack the smoothness that the long bent glass stem provided. I've asked numerous times to try and buy one but no luck. It really is perfect. I for the most part, hit my tetra x with the long glass stem. Sometimes I'll use the bong but like it better without water. So smooth and tasty.

dimmusp

I find the original long bent glass stem to be the best so far. I have the nub and the spiked short bent stem and they lack the smoothness that the long bent glass stem provided. I've asked numerous times to try and buy one but no luck. It really is perfect. I for the most part, hit my tetra x with the long glass stem. Sometimes I'll use the bong but like it better without water. So smooth and tasty.
Hmm, if you go to the TETRAx page it mentions a "long" spiked bent stem. Maybe @funkyjunky replaced the short one you tried with the best of both worlds? (both spiked and long)

I got a Reuleaux RX2 20700 from Ali for 20€ last week, works great with the TETRAx
Can you share the buyer you used? Also, why did you choose a mod that uses 20700 batteries instead of 18650? I'd think 18650s are strong enough, plus they're cheaper and more common / "standard".

Thanks

Last edited:
dimmusp,

tokenknifeguy

Hmm, if you go to the TETRAx page it mentions a "long" spiked bent stem. Maybe @funkyjunky replaced the short one you tried with the best of both worlds? (both spiked and long)

Can you share the buyer you used? Also, why did you choose a mod that uses 20700 batteries instead of 18650? I'd think 18650s are strong enough, plus they're cheaper and more common / "standard".

Thanks
Yeah I've seen the long bent spiked stem but have no clue on how long it actually is. But on my long bent stem (not offered anymore), it is 3 inches from the bottom to the bent part, and then 3 and 1/2 inches from the bend to the mouth piece. So it is pretty long, and round circle part where you grab on to it that adds extra mass for heat to collect. I would imagine if the long bent spiked stem is the same as the long stem, then it probably would be better. If I had to order again, I would go with long bent mouth piece with those options.

For batteries, There are a few who are trusted and they are imrbatteries.com and illumn.com. However I have used 18650batterystore.com before. Also stay with the trusted battery makers and make sure you get the right amp sized battery for your device. To play it say go with a 25a continuous discharge and you'll have no doubts.

tokenknifeguy,

1nd3cEnt

Just posted on Lamart's website:

"TETRAx
due to very high demand it can be that units get sold twice. first order in gets the unit. please understand if you get refunded for your order. there will be more!

the drop will be today 4/20 9pm swiss time"

(9:00pm Swiss time = 3:00pm on the East coast of the USA)

If you want a TetraX, be on the TetraX webpage itself on the website & keeping hitting refresh at the drop time!

1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom