• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

daddy

Also it might not matter but what stem are you using and how are you packing the herb? I just pack a Oregon glass pipe and hit cruise on 220c and take a few puffs and it’s golden.

GoldenBud

Also it might not matter but what stem are you using and how are you packing the herb? I just pack a Oregon glass pipe and hit cruise on 220c and take a few puffs and it’s golden.
on 410F you can't combust even if you draw really really slow..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Vagabons

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve yet to combust with my P80, purchased new almost a year ago. I enabled Eco mode though not sure it really saves on battery life. That’s the only setting change I’ve made (save flipping the display). I typically put it in Cruise mode and start between 375-380F and finish 405-420. I pack basket screens too in various Lamart stems. I’m a native user, mostly. Nary an issue. Always consistent and excellent results. :peace:

Last edited:

Vagabons

nope, hmmm, firstable welcome!
which resistance number is written under the lid of the P80 mod? can you see a number there? something like 0.225~? it's a small number...
then go to Menu(Plus button with Fire button together) >coils>manage

is it the same number, of resistance? is it locked?
(And if Check is marked as YES, change to NO please)
the coils never should glow, even not in 500F
Lid number is 0.210. Locked resistance set at 0.240. Looks like this may be problem. Can't test it right now but hopefully this is it!

Coils were glowing wildly while in the warm up phase of w2c. Yikes!

Packing same is my other basket stem vape. Straw then light tamp. Airflow is really good and no particles dropping into the screen.

GoldenBud

Lid number is 0.210. Locked resistance set at 0.240. Looks like this may be problem. Can't test it right now but hopefully this is it!
great!!
validate this by checking if the coils almost glow in 500F, while it's locked in 0.210 (on demand mode, in a room with lights off)
you can never know why the previous owner changed the resistance, if it's almost glow in 500F it's calibrated!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
There is a very slight glow in w2c when I preheat (in freedom units the warm up is done at 480), but you really need to be in the dark to see it. I think you’re on the right track knocking the resistance back down to stock. I only combust with slower draws at much higher temps (430+). The flower I have now came from a dispensary and is much better (moister), so I’m not even sure if that is accurate to my experience anymore. I pretty regularly finish a bowl at 430 through glass and get dark avb, but not charcoal :)

Vagabons

great!!
validate this by checking if the coils almost glow in 500F, while it's locked in 0.210 (on demand mode, in a room with lights off)
you can never know why the previous owner changed the resistance, if it's almost glow in 500F it's calibrated!
I suspect the previous owner liked stem packs. He included some really deep screen baskets which seem pretty cool. I'm more of a regular basket packer, keeps tolerance in check.

There is a very slight glow in w2c when I preheat (in freedom units the warm up is done at 480), but you really need to be in the dark to see it. I think you’re on the right track knocking the resistance back down to stock. I only combust with slower draws at much higher temps (430+). The flower I have now came from a dispensary and is much better (moister), so I’m not even sure if that is accurate to my experience anymore. I pretty regularly finish a bowl at 430 through glass and get dark avb, but not charcoal :)
Oh man it was glowing like one of those trendy light bulbs. No damage as far as I can tell.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I suspect the previous owner liked stem packs. He included some really deep screen baskets which seem pretty cool. I'm more of a regular basket packer, keeps tolerance in check.

Oh man it was glowing like one of those trendy light bulbs. No damage as far as I can tell.

That explains it then, they increased their resistance so they could have higher temp settings relative for the deeper load and screens in the way of it, so yeah get it back to normal for your basket screen packs! Definitely shouldn't glow or combust there, good luck!

GoldenBud

That explains it then, they increased their resistance so they could have higher temp settings relative for the deeper load and screens in the way of it, so yeah get it back to normal for your basket screen packs! Definitely shouldn't glow or combust there, good luck!
i think they do hit and miss with 4 glowing coils you know? one time combustion, another time it's just black ABV, other time it's almost black ABV with superduper extra fast draw etc'

and it has no point to do it... the mod will give errors of 'Device too hot' too often imho...screen users should use higher temp, not higher resistance... i think 500F with screen load for fast draw is extracting 0.15gr in one big shot if you can take 20-30 seconds of a hit when the device is warm already, even less than 500F...

Vagabons

Reporting back.

Locked resistance at 0.210, set it to 425F, Cruice. Felt very cold, no extraction what so ever. 0.220, warmer but still no vapor, no material color change. 0.230, instantly see dense vapor in my small rig, long draw, one shot extraction. I guess some fine tuning might still be in order, but I'm happy with this performance.

How fast should I get some faint glow going at 500F?

Thank you all for the tech support!

Vagabons,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Locked resistance at 0.210, set it to 425F, Cruice. Felt very cold, no extraction what so ever. 0.220, warmer but still no vapor, no material color change. 0.230, instantly see dense vapor in my small rig, long draw, one shot extraction. I guess some fine tuning might still be in order, but I'm happy with this performance.

How fast should I get some faint glow going at 500F?
you can do it by catching the point when the coils glow very slightly at 500F, then reduce 0.001
maybe they glow with 0.230 at 500F? then 0.229 or 0.228 is your sweet spot

is it TCR 185?
menu>coils>tubo set
all 185?

and main screen -- is PWR set to 70W?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Quick question: does the P80 have protection if the battery is inserted the wrong way (and attempting to turn it on)? I accidentally did this with my Tinymight and fried the board, and I’m sending it in for repair. I’m relying on my P80 now as my primary/DD until the TM is repaired.

I know - it’s tough having a ‘backup’ like the P80 which shines brightly in its own right. It’s an amazing vape and does its thing differently than the TM. I even changed out the tank stem with a short bendy spiked one (both from Lamart) for the occasion and few weeks I’ll be without my TM. Before I fried my TM I ran my P80 with my water rig over the weekend and I was bombed after a couple of hits. It hit like a freight train. I rarely use any external cooling, dry or wet, as I’m a big native user and the P80 was great to use through water for a change. :peace:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Quick question: does the P80 have protection if the battery is inserted the wrong way (and attempting to turn it on)? I accidentally did this with my Tinymight and fried the board, and I’m sending it in for repair. I’m relying on my P80 now as my primary/DD until the TM is repaired.
yeah, the P80 mod is very smart. i tried it, it doesn't work if you insert it the wrong way but nothing will happen

GoldenBud

Anyone know when the next drop will be? 👀

Is he all caught up on old orders?
from the website of lamart:

TETRA TUBO DUAL currently not manufactured but a new batch is planned in 2022​

but he still makes customs from the last drop so I think around 2-3 months

GoldenBud,
Reactions: DaVapeGuy
Also waiting for a Tetrax and a p80 but they just changed from building to packing a couple days ago :)
Mine just said "payment complete" for the past 3 months, then today it's updated to "packaging". Very exciting! Can we still buy accessories and add them to the order to save on shipping? I think I remember seeing something about that a while ago, but couldn't find it again.

Top Bottom