Tetra P80

chaos191

I got a sycamore bronze p80 last week. So excited waiting for shipping notice
Congrats Sounds really nice, what cutouts did you get? I have a zigzag Bubinga with copper.. It's been my DD and Friday I broke my nub doh. Glad Vgoodiez has lamart stems state side. Grabed another nub and a long spikey both smoked and I'll have em Tuesday. love to see some pictures when it arrives.
Here's mine and a shot of the heater. Love my little P80 The lacewood is beautiful. 20191226_173715.jpg20191226_173727.jpg20191226_173715.jpg

abcd5432

What are the optional wood inlays? Where do those go?

How important is the wood upkeep and what happens if you're a lazy person who does it quite irregularly? Is there an option someone like this should lean to?

Abcd5432,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What are the optional wood inlays? Where do those go?

How important is the wood upkeep and what happens if you're a lazy person who does it quite irregularly? Is there an option someone like this should lean to?

There is zero upkeep, I don't bother to do anything with any of my wood vapes anymore honestly... Though that would depend on the wood variety, how necessary upkeep could be (I do have a wide variety of species however) My TetraP80 and OG Tubo are painted poplar, so those definitely have zero upkeep ever, while my TuboDualTetra is Padauk, which would require more upkeep depending how you use it (mine mostly is a collectable in the drawer as I use TP80 most often) but again I've done nothing and plan to do nothing!

Inlay is normally where @Stonedbadger has Rasta stripes seen above, though there is one in the last batch FJ posted with horizontal inlay at the bottom, also seen above. He can actually put them pretty much anywhere you want, as many of them as you want, and there are all different styles... An inlay is basically embedded stripes of other wood types.

Reaper0043

Hello all, I think I've decided on the tetra as my Holy grail vape. I'd like to downsize my collection (arizer air, Underdog, dynavap) and get one excellent performer. How are the whips with it? I remember the feedback about whips with the tubo was a good, and that's something that really appeals to me. Bring able to put a whip on the tetra and pass that around to people or just keep it on my desk sounds fantastic. Also, weird thought has anyone tried to use the whip to fill a bag?

Is the best method to email to get on the list for drops? I'm interested in the p80 and the tetrax. Finally, how is sending the unit back for warranty if something goes wrong with it?

This thing seems crazy good. I love the idea of it being able to do almost anything.

Reaper0043,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Tetra P80 will definitely shelve a few vapes...

I do not use whips, never liked their clean-ability and how they would yellow over time even with proper cleaning, but I am sure it would do fine with them. It is a beast!

I am curious, how would you possibly use this device to fill a bag? Why?

It will blow your mind, I am a skeptical fucker and wish I got on the Tubo ride years ago!

abcd5432

Tetra P80 will definitely shelve a few vapes...

I do not use whips, never liked their clean-ability and how they would yellow over time even with proper cleaning, but I am sure it would do fine with them. It is a beast!

It will blow your mind, I am a skeptical fucker and wish I got on the Tubo ride years ago!
I think I will buy either this or the TinyMight, but I'm leaning to this, even though it's larger. I like the included pick and screen.

It's smaller than my minivap with same power capability which is quite interesting. And replaceable batteries that are standard.

Abcd5432,

Terpenetime

Interesting! How does the cooling compare to the Lamart bent spiked stem or other options?

I’d say that the Herborizer Sherlock feels quite a bit cooler that the short bent spiked stem (I also have a long bent stem and a nub but I haven’t used them yet so can’t comment on them obviously). It’s worth noting that when I use the bent stem I’ll typically load the basket, which I suppose takes around 0.1 or slightly less? However, I use an 18mm adapter with the Sherlock, which I’ll typically load with around 0.2, possibly more. My preferred technique is to set the temp at 430 then give three clicks for the warm up mode, which takes around 15 seconds. Once up to temperature I’ll hit it until my lungs can’t take any more! With it having an all glass air path with no water filtration, the flavour is excellent.

The Sherlock has a really heavy base so it’s deceptively stable, although I vape on my couch with it cradled in my hand. My index finger rests against the first (90 degree) bend and I can feel the glass getting progressively hotter throughout my hit. Meanwhile the temperature of the glass at the second (45 degree) bend also increases but by a very much smaller degree. The end of the mouthpiece is pinched horizontally, so the air flows into your mouth through an oblong slit. It’s weird but hitting it gives the sensation of really cool air, regardless of whether or not there is a vape attached at the time!

I really need to give a shout out to @VGoodiez for initially raising my interest in this piece, although I’m UK based so unfortunately I couldn’t justify buying it from him... sorry Scott! Here’s a link for anyone in the US that’s interested in acquiring one.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@Terpenetime ~ You may want to change the font colors in your signature.... I am using the white background and cant read anything unless it is highlighted.

FlyingLow,

Reaper0043

I feel like a long time ago I saw some kind of diy hack with a whip and a bag. I doubt it'd really be viable, but I was just curious since I've never used bags. People come up with crazy things sometimes.

I think I will buy either this or the TinyMight, but I'm leaning to this, even though it's larger. I like the included pick and screen.

It's smaller than my minivap with same power capability which is quite interesting. And replaceable batteries that are standard.
This is a fun video where both are talked about and compared if you were curious. I was leaning towards the tetra and this confirmed it for me.

I really love my tetra p80 because of its variability! I have a trick with the volcano hybrid whip and the nub and it is so impressive! My tm will come soon but just because of the variability the tetra p80 is the winner:sherlock:
View attachment 282
That is a great combo. I bet it works well for cooling.

Reaper0043,
Reactions: dimmusp

Tweakz

tell me, good people, do I need to replace the tetra heater over time ?
when is the next drop on Tetra?

Tweakz,

Tweakz

it remains to find out when the nearest drop on tetra x will be?

Last edited:
Tweakz,
Top Bottom