Tetra P80

Kinick23

(I will tell you though that the single battery sled is a very tight fit for 18650 wrapping and tore some of mine...)
So true I’ve messed up a few battery wraps. I found the LG HG2s are workable. I can pop them in and out without them getting stuck on the sides and scraping

@Ripstar they’re both great options and you sorta can’t go wrong in whichever you choose but weight and form factor are really the main diffs. Performance is a tough measure bc of the diff tolerances that exist in each heater build. I own several tetra heaters and they all perform a lil differently comparing to one another. My dual heater seems to run on the hotter side and really darkens any herb I put in there, on my P80 it doesn’t darken in the same way but still extracts fully and produces same level of clouds and dense vapor. I actually run my dual on the single battery sled mainly bc it cuts down on the heft. I don’t miss the extra juice from the 2 batts cause the heaters are that good. the p80 has the better form factor and feels better in hand and much lighter. If you plan to travel out of the house in your usage the p80 is likely the better play imo. The dual is for me the closest Thing I’ve found to a desktop portable. It’s a monster.

Oden

I can't really answer the solid question, both are quite solid? I guess the dual feels more solid in a sense but like I said it is bigger and heavier and it's not like the P80 feels any less solid per se?... Also cannot speak on price, never really saw a pre-built tetradual before, mine was a custom with exotic wood (padauk) but they were more expensive than the original tubo evic, I think TP80 is $235 now? I feel like I paid less for mine from the first drop... Anyway dual could be a little more money if anything but could be same.

Ordering is a bumrush race is all!
Thanks for your help.
I went to the lamart site and they just released the new dual tetra! They are also very beautiful! I wanted the p80 but now I doubt ... the two batteries have their advantages and that makes you think 😨
FYI the dual tetra is more expensive than the p80, 300 dollars for the dual.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I want a dual to add to my collection. Will wait till next drop however.
And again when will that (exactly) be? I don’t have time or patience to sit and wait for random times when something will be available for sale assuming I can even order one. Every Friday or every other Friday or Friday’s when Venus is in retrograde? I’d love to get a P80 but don’t understand this auction system for new items. I’d be more than happy paying in full up front for the vape but not playing games to get one :2c::peace:

MikeRotchHertz

It's honestly a pretty normal purchasing system for an item in high demand. The items are listed, and when they are checked out they are gone...

Seems pretty normal to me, but I am constantly going through this battle with acquiring concert tickets before they sell out (pre-covid mostly). I like systems where throwing the most money at something does not necessarily net you what you want.

Just be glad the scalpers or ticket master haven't fucked up this system yet with bots.

MikeRotchHertz

I know lots of people would love to prepay and avoid the process, but I completely understand Funky's position.

I personally would not want to take a bunch of people's money and risk having a single angry customer if my timeline does not meet their expectations.
I truly admire the business practice of not taking funds in advance. The waitlist system requires maintaining communication with everyone on it to see if they are still interested when the time approaches, etc. This adds for way more admin work and less time making vapes.

It might work for some operations, but if I had a high demand product like his, he can keep it as small or large as he likes it so it's still fun for him to make them. I highly doubt the TM maker is having near as much fun trying to complete his backlog.

angular ocelot

I truly admire the business practice of not taking funds in advance. The waitlist system requires maintaining communication with everyone on it to see if they are still interested when the time approaches, etc. This adds for way more admin work and less time making vapes.

It might work for some operations, but if I had a high demand product like his, he can keep it as small or large as he likes it so it's still fun for him to make them. I highly doubt the TM maker is having near as much fun trying to complete his backlog.
i think the tinymight shipping thread shows that it doesnt matter which way you do it, if demand is oustripping supply there will be some unhappy people.

angular ocelot,
Reactions: Siebter

dimmusp

for those that have/had a tetrax and p80/evic dual how do they compare?
I have the TETRAx and love how convenient it is for use with a water pipe, plus you can hook it up to mods with however many batteries you want.

However, the TETRA P80 might be better because it comes integrated "from the factory" and you can be sure that all the parts work together well.

It might just be my bad luck, but I've had quite a few problems getting the TETRAx to work consistently.

Sometimes the mod thinks the temperature is already high and it keeps the power down to just 1 watt or so. And even when it's working, you really have to suck in a bunch of hot air to produce vapor (though this might be true of all convection vapes).

I've been going back and forth with Ralph for a while (very responsive and great service, by the way!). I bought a different mod (went from a P80 to a Gen3Dual) and even tried to re-solder the TETRAx's connector in case it wasn't making a good contact. I ended up making a mess so I sent it in for repair and got it back a week ago. Props to Ralph for the quick turnaround and warranty coverage (I only had to pay to send him the vape).

Even so, it kept acting up, so I tried the ArcticFox and sur_myevic firmwares. For some reason they wouldn't keep the coil resistance locked, so on one occasion the power went up like crazy and I ended up combusting for the first time ever. Dirtied my water pipe, stank up the room, and didn't make my wife very happy... 😅

I just got a Crafty+ and tried it once this week. Was very happy with the consistency and ease of use, though I think the clouds were not as big as I remember from the times when the TETRAx has worked well, and I think it uses more herb. I'll need more testing to see whether I could settle for that and sell my TETRAx, or spend more time troubleshooting the TETRAx.

Edit: To be fair, I've used the TETRAx mostly with the WPA, while the Crafty+ was directly from the vape while I wait for its WPA to arrive.

abcd5432

im just getting a bit panicky with brexit coming up, being in the uk i would like to have one in my hands before then.
i got my tinymight from vapefiend in a similar scramble and have always had a touch of guilt about it afterwards. just a touch mind. also, im not sure my luck will hold out twice in a row.
still, it is in the hands of the gods, who will decide whether i spend money i dont have on this, or on an even more expensive vapbong. if that fails i will sell a kidney and buy a herborizer or summat.
I didn't even consider that. I sympathize with that.

I'll go for the dual too even though I don't know much about it and I doubt I will be in love with the form factor. I'm just afraid that I'll break my tiny my and then I won't have a vape for a couple of days or even weeks.
i did practise runs and everything then got very stoned and turned up half hour late. i actually turned up here for a warm up before going onto the lamart site thinking i was half hour early only to find out i had got the time mixed up and was too late. lol. at that point i wasnt so eager to get it so i suppose there is a fairness to it.
Rofl are you me? I did the exact same thing.
I know lots of people would love to prepay and avoid the process, but I completely understand Funky's position.

I personally would not want to take a bunch of people's money and risk having a single angry customer if my timeline does not meet their expectations.
Any person who prepays should not be able to complain and any complaints ignored (hard I know).

I'd rather pay now and just wait even if it's a YEAR later. But again, I understand his position and logistics, etc.
...and lets all be thankful that costs are kept constant and not on an auction based system.
Some might like that system. I'm happy it's cheap now but maybe if I win the lottery I'll want an auction haha.

Vaporific

Orders will be open from :

Friday 30th October - - 9PM CET (Swiss Time) - -

(USA time: 3PM (East) / 12PM (West) )
Dang it - it’s during working hours for me. Approximately how long does a drop last? As my luck would have it, I can afford to buy anything I want for a change and would love me another high end portable convection vape. Perhaps the last one for a while, then perhaps my first tabletop. The customization is a wonderful option but not sure I’m willing to play games to obtain one since I can’t order one outright now. Don’t mind waiting for one but trying to secure one is a different ball game. Keep the reviews coming as I know the P80 is at the top of my and many of your lists (but don’t tell my Tinymight, which I love, that!) :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: bossman

robophant

UPDATE!!!

Email from Paddy --

We’ve noticed that specified times for the USA were incorrect, due to variation in the clock changes in Time Zones.

The correct times are:

Friday 30th October - - 9PM CET (Swiss Time) - -

USA time: 4pm (East) / 1pm (West)

Apologies for misleading you in the original email – The clocks have been set back one hour in Europe but won’t be in America until the beginning of November. It may be worth checking the current time difference in your location to avoid any timing issues!

Many thanks

Paddy

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Approximately how long does a drop last?

[...] but not sure I’m willing to play games to obtain one since I can’t order one outright now.

If you browse this thread a bit, you'll see that it's totally a gamble and drops are only open for a few minutes. I suppose for LaMart it's the only way to avoid months or even years of waiting lists.

Siebter,

thunderstealer1337

Last 2 drops I partaked in on the p80, units disappeared within 2-3 mins, the other not so popular ones last longer, I believe their is a discord chat that monitors the inventory as well, the not so popular ones make it to like 15 mins or so, it is a lottery everyone checking out with the same items and only 1 person will actually get it, everyone else gets refunded

thunderstealer1337,

Vaporific

Maybe I’ll skip the P80 altogether and buy my first desktop instead. I’m not lucky nor have patience or time during working hours to win the ‘lottery‘. Perhaps down the road after all the hype and demand subsides I can snag one, or perhaps there will be broader re-seller options especially here in the States. More out of want than need for me. It’s certainly promising but I won’t spend time and energy chasing something now. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Give it a quick go tomorrow. Set an alarm and take a 5 min break from whatever you are doing... If you don't get it no biggie, but you ought to try.

When solo, I reach for my P80 over any desktop. Good Luck!

CremeFraiche1127

I was wondering what stems fit in the P80? I have a few stems from my Milaana 2 and I wasn't sure if they'd fit. I'm a big fan of the nipple stems that I got with the Milaana.

CremeFraiche1127,
Top Bottom