Tetra P80

M3 Element

Oh man I was not expecting this today. Merry Christmas everyone!
IMG-1715.jpg

Edit: I didn't realize the mail doesn't get delivered on Christmas Day so that means this has been sitting in my mailbox since yesterday....SMH.

Last edited:

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
IMG-1715.jpg

Edit: I didn't realize the mail doesn't get delivered on Christmas Day so that means this has been sitting in my mailbox since yesterday....SMH.
Nice! I’m waiting on mine to Canada still.... how long did yours take?

mysterion,

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger

So...... how is it!??

mysterion,
the glass gets hotter and helps the convection method, making it actually even more effective
plus the coils shouldn't be too close to the wood

What about the airpath? Does the air come in through the glass tubes (and the electrical wires within)? Does it travel through any other electronics?

Thanks

cacahahacaca,

M3 Element

Awesome. Beautiful one ya scored, too.

How are you liking it?

I ordered no tracking, priority, which I seem to remember being the fastest. Would be stoked if I got mine before new years. Thanks for giving me hope!
I also ordered no tracking and got the cheapest shipping option available ($11 USD) which is why I was pretty surprised it arrived already.

This is my first box mod type vape so I have a lot to learn. I ran into a few little issues but I think it's worked out. A couple of times when I would click the fire button it would say something along the lines of "new coil" with stats for the coil and below it would say "right coil" also with stats. It didn't matter what mode I would try to put it in, it would say that every time I hit the fire button. Taking the batteries out or turning it on or off seemed to fix it but i'm not sure what that was about.

Once I had it working and actually got it fired up for a session I noticed it ran really hot which I thought was normal at first until the unit said "Device too hot". I then went through the troubleshooting in the manual and found that the recommended coil resistance written on the battery door wasn't even close to what the unit was set at so I think that is resolved now.

What had me really confused was how fast I was able to drain a battery while dicking around with it. I purchased two Samsung 30Q's from 18650batterystore.com and I thought maybe I had bought the wrong batteries. The manual says to only use 20A continuous discharge batteries and the Samsung 30Q's are one of the recommended batteries but they are only 15A which I don't quite understand.

With that out of the way I have to say the craftsmanship is amazing. When I first opened it I sat there and examined every inch of the unit and this thing is impressive. I also didn't realize how small everything is. I always pictured the unit and even the accessories to be much larger than what they actually are. I had the same reaction about size when I first received my Portside Mini. Pictures just don't do it justice.

Still have a lot more "testing" to do but I always knew this experience would require a learning curve.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What about the airpath? Does the air come in through the glass tubes (and the electrical wires within)? Does it travel through any other electronics?

Thanks

No, the wires are stainless steel, they are what is heating, and it conducts into the glass tubes making the whole thing the heater. It comes in through tubes, no electronics, just steel and glass airpath.

I also ordered no tracking and got the cheapest shipping option available ($11 USD) which is why I was pretty surprised it arrived already.

This is my first box mod type vape so I have a lot to learn. I ran into a few little issues but I think it's worked out. A couple of times when I would click the fire button it would say something along the lines of "new coil" with stats for the coil and below it would say "right coil" also with stats. It didn't matter what mode I would try to put it in, it would say that every time I hit the fire button. Taking the batteries out or turning it on or off seemed to fix it but i'm not sure what that was about.

Once I had it working and actually got it fired up for a session I noticed it ran really hot which I thought was normal at first until the unit said "Device too hot". I then went through the troubleshooting in the manual and found that the recommended coil resistance written on the battery door wasn't even close to what the unit was set at so I think that is resolved now.

What had me really confused was how fast I was able to drain a battery while dicking around with it. I purchased two Samsung 30Q's from 18650batterystore.com and I thought maybe I had bought the wrong batteries. The manual says to only use 20A continuous discharge batteries and the Samsung 30Q's are one of the recommended batteries but they are only 15A which I don't quite understand.

With that out of the way I have to say the craftsmanship is amazing. When I first opened it I sat there and examined every inch of the unit and this thing is impressive. I also didn't realize how small everything is. I always pictured the unit and even the accessories to be much larger than what they actually are. I had the same reaction about size when I first received my Portside Mini. Pictures just don't do it justice.

Still have a lot more "testing" to do but I always knew this experience would require a learning curve.

Yeah no tracking is quick! Thought I might see mine before Christmas even, but this is a tricky time I suppose!

I explained the batteries on a previous page here, but the 30Q are underrated at 15A, they are actually more like 18A (simar to the LG HG2 which are overrated at 20A and are more like 18A as well). You may have better luck with Samsung 25R or LG HE4 as they are true 20A, but they do have a noticably lower capacity.

Over time you'll learn technique to maximize battery life and such. Enjoy!

M3 Element

I explained the batteries on a previous page here, but the 30Q are underrated at 15A, they are actually more like 18A (simar to the LG HG2 which are overrated at 20A and are more like 18A as well). You may have better luck with Samsung 25R or LG HE4 as they are true 20A, but they do have a noticably lower capacity.

Over time you'll learn technique to maximize battery life and such. Enjoy!
How long does a single fully charged battery typical last before needing to be recharged? If you have a 100% charged battery what percentage is it normally at after a single session? I am just kinda shocked how quickly the battery drains from use but this is all new to me so it could be normal behavior.

M3 Element,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
oh man! i mist have forgotten to set menu,coils, manage,Check to NO! this is the reason it asked you for new coil, it does not ask if set to NO.

actually the idea is that is not complicated out of the box. it may further down the road if you examine all modes and possibilities. the unit is supposed to work by just holding the trigger or double click into cruise.

i must hard code this (why didnt i do so sooner:bang:)

for the battery, it should do around 4 basket screens or 2-3 full joint packs per 30q battery.
the battery meter needs a few seconds after use to adjust. usually after a basket session ots at 75% in my experience.

cool you were able to get it working again. hope you have fun now getting to know it! :D

as for the button switch, its coupled with the display orientation now, there is no way to switch it separately. maybe its possible in a future upgrade but there is no more space on the chip at the moment, need to clean the code first which is tedious work.

@funkyjunky is there a webpage / wiki / post where we can learn more about the heater technology, the airpath, etc.?

There are so many 510-based vapes out there that it's hard for laypeople to understand which are their pros/cons with regards to safety, performance, etc.

Your tech seems pretty unique but I wasn't able to find much details about how it works, where the air goes, etc.

Thanks

cacahahacaca,

Kinick23

My P80 landed today and I’m in New York so for those on the East coast you should be getting very soon. Coming from the Tetra dual this thing is a feather in comparison and smaller than I anticipated. I don’t view it is a portable you can carry around in your pocket but it’s definitely small and light enough you can bring with you somewhere in a case.

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
My P80 landed today and I’m in New York so for those on the East coast you should be getting very soon. Coming from the Tetra dual this thing is a feather in comparison and smaller than I anticipated. I don’t view it is a portable you can carry around in your pocket but it’s definitely small and light enough you can bring with you somewhere in a case.

Yes! Take some pics and show it off.

How was the first use and what did you do?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@funkyjunky is there a webpage / wiki / post where we can learn more about the heater technology, the airpath, etc.?

There are so many 510-based vapes out there that it's hard for laypeople to understand which are their pros/cons with regards to safety, performance, etc.

Your tech seems pretty unique but I wasn't able to find much details about how it works, where the air goes, etc.

Thanks

Check out the original Tubo thread where that should be discussed early on. This a new iteration, but that aspect of the design is the same... Also start a thread on Ask FC to compare the various 510 mod driven on demand pure convection vapes if you want that info too :tup:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Apologies if this has been asked before.

Is the heater directly wired in to the board of the mod? Or is it connected to the 510 somehow?

Just curious how this works.

Top Bottom