Discontinued Terp Torch

iammyself

Tragedy struck (as we all know it eventually will with glass and stoners) when my Terp torch 2021 bowl fell to the floor and shattered today. I started using the original bowl, but am missing the newer one. The shape, and little handle, made it much more functional to me.

Tragedy struck (as we all know it eventually will with glass and stoners) when my Terp torch 2021 bowl fell to the floor and shattered today. I started using the original bowl, but am missing the newer one. The shape, and little handle, made it
here it is
Crop-2_2ac545b4-ab80-4c15-9e92-3abf61783208_760x.jpg

iammyself

here it is
Crop-2_2ac545b4-ab80-4c15-9e92-3abf61783208_760x.jpg
Thanks. I got a this one from Amazon today to try out, but should get another 2021. It’s hard to stomach the expense knowing it won’t last more than a year most likely. I’m super clumsy, and being high doesn’t help.

The 18mm female to 14mm male adapter was just delivered. It turns out the Amazon adapter is the perfect “micro” dosing bowl. I put two scoops from the Delta3d scoop, and finished it in 3 rips with a stir between each. I had the Terp Torch with the DDave Ti balls set to temp 2. The first hit was flavor city, second almost as good, and third a nice clean up. The abv came out a nice dark tan.

Last edited:
Thanks. I got a this one from Amazon today to try out, but should get another 2021. It’s hard to stomach the expense knowing it won’t last more than a year most likely. I’m super clumsy, and being high doesn’t help.

The 18mm female to 14mm male adapter was just delivered. It turns out the Amazon adapter is the perfect “micro” dosing bowl. I put two scoops from the Delta3d scoop, and finished it in 3 rips with a stir between each. I had the Terp Torch with the DDave Ti balls set to temp 2. The first hit was flavor city, second almost as good, and third a nice clean up. The abv came out a nice dark tan.

Looks great! I have titanium balls too. From the pic it looks like the torch ends up being much closer than the original bowl. I've been looking for something that let's me do that without being too messy with a screen like the elev8 bowl. I changed all the preset temps on my torch but it makes sense that you are using a lower preset for this setup. I start in the 520 range for taste and then go up at the end in a terp torch bowl. I like a fast draw but do start slow to pull terps.
Do you use the terp torch dry at all? I have been able to use the O'Connell inception j hook and Grav glycerin mouthpiece and it definitely produces more flavor (smell) than the sneaky pete mega globe. When it comes to waterpieces I'd like something else with a more resistant perculator or water weight, mega globe feels too airy and no resistance at all. Any tweaks, suggestions, thoughts? I'm always looking to improve my vape game.

thegreenmenace,

iammyself

Looks great! I have titanium balls too. From the pic it looks like the torch ends up being much closer than the original bowl. I've been looking for something that let's me do that without being too messy with a screen like the elev8 bowl. I changed all the preset temps on my torch but it makes sense that you are using a lower preset for this setup. I start in the 520 range for taste and then go up at the end in a terp torch bowl. I like a fast draw but do start slow to pull terps.
Do you use the terp torch dry at all? I have been able to use the O'Connell inception j hook and Grav glycerin mouthpiece and it definitely produces more flavor (smell) than the sneaky pete mega globe. When it comes to waterpieces I'd like something else with a more resistant perculator or water weight, mega globe feels too airy and no resistance at all. Any tweaks, suggestions, thoughts? I'm always looking to improve my vape game.
The torch sits much closer to the material. I accidentally loaded just a bit too much once, and it combusted. I use the preset temps with the Ddave Ti balls, so 725 on temp 2 with this bowl. The photo of the bowl is after an eight second slow-ish draw. Maybe I use higher temps than most people because I don't take huge draws, I like a more open natural airflow. I typically do use my glass without water in order to get more flavor. But I use a matrix perc that does a very good job of cooling without any water. I'll sometimes use water when my throat is hurting, but usually go dry.

iammyself,

Vaping_Casual

If a similar project was started, but was open source, do y'all think that Austin/TT would be upset? I've always wanted to try a terp torch, but I also see a few areas of improvement. While working on making my own, I came across a good iron to use that would be more modular and better suited for portability. It includes the ability to flash custom firmware and would solve issues surrounding sourcing such modified units in the future. The largest hang up will be a similar tip and ensuring that materials used are 100% safe for use in an inhalant product. I have toyed with the idea of isolating them to remove that possibility, but a more direct, swapped tip like the TT seems better.

Thoughts?

Spleeeno

Horsin around
While working on making my own, I came across a good iron to use that would be more modular and better suited for portability. It includes the ability to flash custom firmware and would solve issues surrounding sourcing such modified units in the future. The largest hang up will be a similar tip and ensuring that materials used are 100% safe for use in an inhalant product.
the soldering iron doesnt have any custom firmware, the only custom thing about it is the terptorch branding.
but yeah, the magic is really in the tip, just finding and replacing the iron is beyond easy.
I think people have been linking the model before, but just for searchability, its the Atten ST-2065D:

so the best solution would be to find a tip thats a stock part thats widely available and fits on a soldering iron thats just as widely available, but connecting those two dots is the hard part, I wouldnt even know where to start searching.

Spleeeno,

androponic

vaped.
the soldering iron doesnt have any custom firmware, the only custom thing about it is the terptorch branding.
but yeah, the magic is really in the tip, just finding and replacing the iron is beyond easy.
I think people have been linking the model before, but just for searchability, its the Atten ST-2065D:

so the best solution would be to find a tip thats a stock part thats widely available and fits on a soldering iron thats just as widely available, but connecting those two dots is the hard part, I wouldnt even know where to start searching.
the terp torch branded atten iron does indeed have a special firmware that has different presets and the ability to edit the presets. the stock atten has different presets that are not editable so you have to adjust the temps everytime and cannot overwrite them. this in stated very early in this thread. i own both the TT branded one and a few atten ones for backups so i have seen first hand that this is the case.

androponic,
Reactions: Vaporware

Spleeeno

Horsin around
the terp torch branded atten iron does indeed have a special firmware that has different presets and the ability to edit the presets. the stock atten has different presets that are not editable so you have to adjust the temps everytime and cannot overwrite them.
in that case you got the wrong atten ones, the ability to change the temp presets is even mentioned in the atten manual - which is pretty much identical to the one I got with my terptorch, except for the branding.

or its the typical chinese oem stuff where if you throw money at them and they have similar features already planned, they would love to take that money, they might even give you a short exclusivity deal. but at one point they will include that feature in all the stock units they sell too, just because its easier to just flash everything with one firmware instead of keeping two seperate ones. so maybe you bought your iron too soon and only the newest iteration is now identical to the terptorch in features.

Last edited:
Spleeeno,

androponic

vaped.
in that case you got the wrong atten ones, the ability to change the temp presets is even mentioned in the atten manual - which is pretty much identical to the one I got with my terptorch, except for the branding.

or its the typical chinese oem stuff where if you throw money at them and they have similar features already planned, they would love to take that money, they might even give you a short exclusivity deal. but at one point they will include that feature in all the stock units they sell too, just because its easier to just flash everything with one firmware instead of keeping two seperate ones. so maybe you bought your iron too soon and only the newest iteration is now identical to the terptorch in features.
my plan is if my TT one ever goes bad i just want to transplant the heating element and keep the pcb anyway since the ceramic element is what has been going bad in most failures. they were cheap enough on aliexpress for the same 65 watt iron that TT used.

edit to add : i actually just browsed the manual you linked and it shows you can change temps like i said but not save presets, can you check your claims please? section C is quick edit mode to change temp on the fly but it does not overwrite the built in presets. section B shows the 9 quick presets but again they are NOT EDITABLE. The TT one is and brian requested that as a feature in his model.

Last edited:
androponic,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
section C is quick edit mode to change temp on the fly but it does not overwrite the built in presets. section B shows the 9 quick presets but again they are NOT EDITABLE. The TT one is and brian requested that as a feature in his model.
yeah in the settings they arent called presets but but they are listed with their default temperatures in section B, I'd kinda expect the change to stick to the current preset.
but I cant check this atm since I havent had to order one yet to replace the one in my terptorch.

Spleeeno,

androponic

vaped.
p
yeah in the settings they arent called presets but but they are listed with their default temperatures in section B, I'd kinda expect the change to stick to the current preset.
but I cant check this atm since I havent had to order one yet to replace the one in my terptorch.
no they do not save, i also checked my manuals and they are the same revision as the one you linked so i have verified this is the case. the terp torch one does have the option to save the changed temp to a preset slot but the atten branded ones do not. again i have verified this between the models in actual usage so this is the fact. since users rely on these posts for information on purchases i like to avoid opinions over facts and you kind of stated this as fact without verifying the actual usage so i wanted to clear this up. feel free to search back earlier in this thread and myself and a few others have already been through this. brian from terp torch said quite a few times that he asked for this added feature specifically for his units as well. not trying to debate this but just trying to give folks the facts as to not steer anyone wrong. happy holidays!

Last edited:
After picking up possibly the last new TT, it sat for almost 8 months before I was able to use it for the first time. It for sure leveled me up. I designed some TerpTorch goodies. I made a base and debowler. Debowler uses the included tool. Base is magnetic and holds 4 bowls.
SBL Injector and the TT. Just got the injector in the mail. It's great, plan on using it for the Pinky.

PharaohJ

Broke out the TerpTorch this morning and man does it still not disappoint. Tasty and hits like a fucking train. Think I'm going to use it as my daily driver for a week or so just for old times sake! One of those injector bowls looks awesome. Do they come in 18mm? I would love to use my Terp Torch without having to using an adapter.

PharaohJ,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

androponic

vaped.
Broke out the TerpTorch this morning and man does it still not disappoint. Tasty and hits like a fucking train. Think I'm going to use it as my daily driver for a week or so just for old times sake! One of those injector bowls looks awesome. Do they come in 18mm? I would love to use my Terp Torch without having to using an adapter.
both available in 18mm. Eds TNT you just choose the joint size on the order page and for the SB Labs bowl you just add a comment on checkout and they will swap the 14mm joint over to 18mm for you before sending out.

androponic,
Reactions: PharaohJ

Spleeeno

Horsin around
just keep in mind some of the current injector bowls dont "seat" the 18mm joint completely - which might be fine for the hotrod or coilvapes that are quite ergonomic, but holding the terptorch vertically might be a bit of a challenge during hits. I just bent the cable and taped it to the main body, the end pointing towards the tip, that way its way less awkward for me to handle and there's less pressure on the point where the cable meets the body of the soldering iron.

grimace

Be nice if they just sold the attachment where I could hook it to my own soldering iron

grimace,
The ispire banger is also a great little bowl with the TT.
do you use a stainless steel screen or the wand banger flower insert cup. I have the flower cups with the hole on the bottom and can't et much vapor production using the wand, might as well try the ttorch

thegreenmenace,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
do you use a stainless steel screen or the wand banger flower insert cup. I have the flower cups with the hole on the bottom and can't et much vapor production using the wand, might as well try the ttorch
I use a screen that I bent so it sits just above the bottom.

Vapnoob,
Top Bottom