Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

LabPong

I am really happy with my nebulax2299...same as a GT800. The palm ccell is nice too...but I like being able to fine tune my oil draws pending type. I got the Nebula on the bay for $49

batts.jpg

At first the wiggle thing bothered me....but then I just put a small piece of cloth tape around the very top rung that sticks out. So the wiggle is not as much and does not effect the cart position.

But I found that if you change carts while it is off.....then turn on....it may not work right and you will get a bad metal taste or something. It was fine when you switch out carts when it is on and then your prompted for the "new or old cart" choice .....then just hit + for new and it is good to go.

I like pulling draws at 2.0w. This works well to calm down some of the stronger % cart hits.

ccell palm works well for thicker oils I have....almost too much power for my thinner ones...thing hits like a train with the draw detect.

I found I like having a button for some reason. If the ccell palm had a power selector.....that would make it better IMO.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

My GT800 started giving check atomizer errors, switched carts with same problem. Work for a while, then error out again. It couldn't even finish one cart. Very poor purchase, at least my unit. Expensive, too.

biohacker

Why do you guys require such fine tuning with temp control? Is low/med/high not sufficient for your carts? If it is, there are lots of awesome little vapes like the Puma Mini that I love. It's basically like a PALM, just a bit thicker and button press control X 3 voltages, and also magnetic collar. I have had mine since the beginning of the summer and it rocks!

Why do you guys require such fine tuning with temp control? Is low/med/high not sufficient for your carts? If it is, there are lots of awesome little vapes like the Puma Mini that I love. It's basically like a PALM, just a bit thicker and button press control X 3 voltages, and also magnetic collar. I have had mine since the beginning of the summer and it rocks!

Weeelll, I’d never heard of the Puma Mini, for starters..

scalescliffs,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Weeelll, I’d never heard of the Puma Mini, for starters..

It's in my sig, just click on it to check it out. Pretty sure it's just a clone of a million other ones like this. For adjustable temps, it's my go to unless i'm using my pen that has the rotary dial on the bottom to adjust the voltage to anything you like between 3.3v and 4.8v! Between the static temp CCELL PALM and M3, and the adjustable Puma Mini and rotary pen, i'm pretty damn well VAS satisfied!

LabPong

Some carts/oil types require higher power to work well....and I also like lowering to the least possible harshness for my throat. Some are smooth though and I have no issue with...but just a few hit really hard and being able to sip on a few draws is much nicer than one cough fest....which is easy to do with these oils.

But such is my experience as I am just jumping in. I really like being able to micro adjust wattage in a wide range with the nebula battery. I only use my ccell palm for a couple oils that need more heat to get going as they are thicker and such. I usually use my nebula at 2.0w with Platinum carts.

szai

It's in my sig, just click on it to check it out. Pretty sure it's just a clone of a million other ones like this. For adjustable temps, it's my go to unless i'm using my pen that has the rotary dial on the bottom to adjust the voltage to anything you like between 3.3v and 4.8v! Between the static temp CCELL PALM and M3, and the adjustable Puma Mini and rotary pen, i'm pretty damn well VAS satisfied!

What's the rotary pen?

LabPong

Ok, now after using the ccell palm and nebula batt......I like the nebula one much better.

I found I like the fire button and also like being able to tune the power in by watts or temp. So now I have 3 palms that I don't really need. I had 1 given to me and 2 I purchased and have not used yet.

I do not have any problems with the cartridge coming dislodged and resetting the coil sensor like Charlie experienced.

Mrb58

@biohacker - here's link: https://ebay.us/KWP2MN

Don't like cart tip sticking out of my other gizmos. Of course, my carts probably won't fit, or explode being so cheap. Plenty of these on Ebay.

Like the 10 second fire on the Elm&Owl rebranded imini. Double press to start it. Don't have to contort hand holding button during draw.

Palm is so easy with no buttons, though.

Like these carts in a hurry, but also as a boost after an herb session. Like an espresso shot. Only problem is cart clogs frequently, and need to suck hard to clear clog.
So you would recommend the imini
Have had too many duds w hive
And like the size more

ChooChooCharlie

The Elm&Owl imini rebrand keeps working. Three voltage setting like some pens. Like the ten second fire after a double press. Not aware of other tiny ones with this convenient feature. Screw in like pens, no adapter to lose. Downside though -- screw it on tight and the angle of mouthpiece is not swivel adjustable like Palm.

I still prefer Palm. Don't need the variable settings with my pairing of Select carts. Can understand others wanting adjust-ability though. The palm is so ergo friendly in hand and at lips. Discrete and easy. But I also see why some prefer a button firing style to clear vapor at end of hit, preventing clogs.

I've read that the PCKT folks have increased the diameter of opening, but not sure on its status. PCKT is also draw activated, but they have a prewarm feature to help with clogs.

ChooChooCharlie

I know, I said car key fob style batteries suck

Wanted to give them another shot

Or, rather, after a few shots I just ordered 20 of these off dhgate. Semi slow boat from China, here in a couple weeks. I sense a giveaway soon. Ten second pulsing warmup, wtf? I know it won't fit 1g carts well, but .5 carts should be fine on the go.

Not really interested in filling carts, but for those who are, this vid shows a few tips. Funny guy, how he expands upon a simple key fob battery review:

biohacker

I found I like having a button for some reason. If the ccell palm had a power selector.....that would make it better IMO.

100%... but not only a button/temps but that magnetic collar need a serious redesign to increase airflow. All it needs is some notches like the Puma Mini's. Such a small detail overlooked, that can make a drastic difference in enduser experience. Then again, I know there are plenty that prefer its restriction so preference prevails as always.

It will be interesting to see if CCELL's new line up trifecta has a power button or draw activated as well.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
100%... but not only a button/temps but that magnetic collar need a serious redesign to increase airflow. All it needs is some notches like the Puma Mini's. Such a small detail overlooked, that can make a drastic difference in enduser experience. Then again, I know there are plenty that prefer its restriction so preference prevails as always.

It will be interesting to see if CCELL's new line up trifecta has a power button or draw activated as well.

I think the biggest problem out in Vegas with the ccell autodraw is you
can't do a cool down 3 - sec pull after power. I got clogs & then chimney
creep with the auto draw palm & the mag collar from another worked better
than the ccell's own, think it was Rove's.

LabPong

Yes...that would help the ccell palm I believe.

With the NebulaX2299/GT800 units:

The magnetic collar actually has 4 notches in it....make sure they are put on with the slots next to the cartridge side (top). It depends on what cart is in there for draw resistance amounts. Some carts I have are super free flowing and some are not as much. I actually like a touch of resistance....not much though.

Top Bottom