Tafée Bowle

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The shape of the device has always been funny to me. But I am definitely in the ballpark for flavor, discrete devices and vapor that is not harsh. Short of readng the whole thread, I know many people were happy with the cooling effect without the need for water. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the 90 degree angle bend in the stem and the lengthy vapor path?
Do we know if there is a big difference in cooling between the larger and shorter stem?

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Vitolo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the 90 degree angle bend in the stem and the lengthy vapor path?
Do we know if there is a big difference in cooling between the larger and shorter stem?

Yep, it is a built-in j-hook pathway vape! I'd love modular ability to use glass pathways etc, but it is extremely effective with the metal u-turn system path... As such there is not much difference between the length, but of course a little extra length means it will be just a little smoother... All this is in the thread of course, plenty of time to catch up get excited for V2! :tup:

fangorn

Well I participated in the thread and I remember there was praise and negative criticism. I participated in both.

The flavor, efficiency, practicality, cooling, immediacy, quantity of steam are among the praises.
Personally, I also liked the shape and having water always ready after a puff.

Criticisms included battery life. At best, I think we do 4.5 sessions with one drum set. It didn't bother me personally, but it's a criticism that came up very often. It was generally outweighed by the positives.

The other negative review was not made by many users. This concerned the degradation of the coating of the stem and the part where the stem and the bowl are inserted.
I myself have found coating crumbs in my flowers. So I was one of those who gave negative opinions.
The company has therefore released “machined stem” as an option. I bought one but wasn't convinced.

I really enjoyed the experience, so I'm curious about this V2. I watch from afar.

I hope I don't buy it 🤣
but a glass or SS stem would make me look much closer.

(I'm going to self-report to make sure I'm not breaking any rules here...)

Good waiting and happy vaping !

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah alternative pathways for material too (and mouthpiece too honestly) even though the inside was safe regardless would be nicer, and I think provide for better vapor quality... Also just to yeah not have a coating like that at all even on the outside would be ideal imo though my main other critique other than battery life I've said is desire for lower temp settings (personally hoping there is at least one lower setting this time... )

BabyFacedFinster

I started working on the thread last night. I started at page 100 and got through about page 113. So far, the powder coating on the outside of the stem has dominated most of the posts, followed by how to clean the pot screens. In May of 2021 the posts were referring to new ss stems by the summer. From what you guys are saying, that timeline never really happened. Spoiler alert :lol: I wish this vape had a "best of" thread!

But I am quite impressed by the device, and being on-demand, this might be my next big vape purchase.

Shit Snacks

I started working on the thread last night. I started at page 100 and got through about page 113. So far, the powder coating on the outside of the stem has dominated most of the posts, followed by how to clean the pot screens. In May of 2021 the posts were referring to new ss stems by the summer. From what you guys are saying, that timeline never really happened. Spoiler alert :lol: I wish this vape had a "best of" thread!

But I am quite impressed by the device, and being on-demand, this might be my next big vape purchase.

Hahaha keep going backwards though then, page 100 is actually a little late!

Kaptan

There is a YouTube short video from George Vapefiend of him testing the Taffe Bowl 2!
IMO, if they’ve only added a couple more heat settings and additional battery life, I don’t see a big advantage to upgrade from my v1. It looks like same form factor and no real increase in performance or updated features. They ignored many requests for external battery, haptic feedback, and wireless charging. There doesn’t seem to be much innovation with this new unit.

RxPlorer

Are Tafee Bowles selling better on any other platform? Their out-of -stock status doesn’t seem to be generating much demand for second hand product around here.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Are Tafee Bowles selling better on any other platform? Their out-of -stock status doesn’t seem to be generating much demand for second hand product around here.
?
I bought a second hand Bowle in the classifieds here on FC. About 6 months later it needed service and even though it was out of warranty and used, Tafee replaced it for the discounted service price of 50 bucks. I love it.
A couple of recent listings in classifieds here have been, IMHO, overpriced. I don't understand your comment about demand?

BabyFacedFinster

IMO, if they’ve only added a couple more heat settings and additional battery life, I don’t see a big advantage to upgrade from my v1. It looks like same form factor and no real increase in performance or updated features. They ignored many requests for external battery, haptic feedback, and wireless charging. There doesn’t seem to be much innovation with this new unit.
Where did you find this information out? The video by George doesn't tell us very much, nor does their IG page.

BabyFacedFinster,

ChooChooCharlie

Bowle V2 info I learned from recent VapeFiend livestream:

"larger" puck and battery, more (nearly twice) pots per charge, USB-C charging

V1 on left, V2 on right, screenshot from vapefiend's instagram:

Bowle-V1-and-V2-sizes.jpg

Additional 5th temp setting for concentrates, with dedicated trate pot

Better outer finish for reducing loss/wear

Drinkware and stems are not cross compatible between versions

Drinkware is still polycarbonate(?) style plastic, not glass

Edit: Andreas said hits were cloudier with V2, and it had different firmware. Hmmm, how do you get cloudier hits without increasing firmware set temp at each level?? Can't imagine they adjusted heater geometry or flow design. Andreas said he and George will do a side by side video soon

And, @Shit Snacks , sorry no cool reverse bending stem under puck to a downward centered 14mm male joint :)

Second annoying edit: @Shit Snacks - sorry again, I forgot how much you enjoy "infinitely" adjustable temp stepping/setting with TM analog rotary dial, or digital adjustable like Venty etc. Only way Bowle could mimic this behavior is with a BlueTooth web app like S&B uses, slider control interface or smart path memory style? But most folks despise BT apps -- you're correct, it's a lot easier using on-board tactile dial to achieve your desired session temps

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist

RxPlorer

Bowle V2 info I learned from recent VapeFiend livestream:

"larger" puck and battery, more (nearly twice) pots per charge, USB-C charging

V1 on left, V2 on right, screenshot from vapefiend's instagram:

Bowle-V1-and-V2-sizes.jpg

Additional 5th temp setting for concentrates, with dedicated trate pot

Better outer finish for reducing loss/wear

Drinkware and stems are not cross compatible between versions

Drinkware is still polycarbonate(?) style plastic, not glass
Not nearly good enough. It’s never been a better time to be a Toad owner.

Texus

Biggest bummer for me is lack of cross compatibility of stems.

Especially if battery life is significantly longer.

IMHO, it remains a great unique design with great cooling and flavor (as long as design changes didn't mess those up).

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Sold!

Could there have been a little more sure. The vapor from this is special to me. In fact the first version is one of my friends and families favorite.

When I show it off to my family, I’m sure four of them will be making the purchase at some point as well.

:love::clap:😁💰💸

ondemander

Unless the heater is more powerful I will pass. The concentrate setting might be useful for flower to milk that last hit. It's dumb they kept the same stupid form factor but the stems aren't interchangeable. Are the pots at least interchangeable between versions? The 2x battery is cool but it sucks it's still not replaceable it seems.

Top Bottom