• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm here to sing the praises of the Taffee team. My recent warranty issue has resolved without a hitch and yesterday a brand new puck base arrived - Plus way more goodies than I had hoped! Everything that would be in a new kit (in plain box) except the wall adapter and a potter. Everything flawless.
I notice that the feel of the puck and stem finish is rougher than on the older ones. And the font printing of the S/N is very dark.
I don't know why, but my impression was that these were all done in one, original production batch? Maybe not...

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
First week of a new job, living in a hotel for the moment and packing for an early morning flight back to my place. Realized I left the power cord for my new work laptop in the office, mild panic followed by mini happy dance that it’s a USB-C. Same as every other device I have; and my immediate thought was how bad of an idea it would be for anyone in this market to release a product with any other power socket.

For what that’s worth to you; to me I have decided it has moved to 100% dealbreaker. Which saddens me, because I very much like both the tech and concept on offer here.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For what that’s worth to you; to me I have decided it has moved to 100% dealbreaker. Which saddens me, because I very much like both the tech and concept on offer here.
Well, no problem, the Bowle is basically sold-out, so you could not easily get a new one anyway.
Pretty sure the next generation will suit your usb-c wishes (EU requires soon even iphones to have it).
One of the few "upsides" to the small battery, it doesn take long to charge!

Timps27

All of the “spy shots” of the “update” indicate there is no change to the power socket. If you have some specific information regarding a verified change I would love to be wrong!

Timps27,
Reactions: Vitolo

Timps27

Page 161 has the discussion of the v2 testing units that were out there; including a screen shot from a breakdown video that has been taken down. It clearly showed micro USB as the socket.

Timps27,
Reactions: Vitolo

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Page 161 has the discussion of the v2 testing units that were out there; including a screen shot from a breakdown video that has been taken down. It clearly showed micro USB as the socket.
I think you may be referring to the discussion below which, as far as I see, is about the heater in the original Bowle. I see no mention of a v2 around this discussion?
@ChooChooCharlie sent an og Bowle to someone who partially disassembled it. Maybe he can confirm that here? Or let me know if I'm mistaken?

I recall some early discussion of it possibly having a two-stage heater (possibly wire for the instant heat up and a ceramic heater for sustained heat?). Anyone ever do a full tear-down and see how this is actually working? It definitely feels like the heater behave differently when drawing slow vs fast.

Vito asked Bruno about the heater:

I gave one to Bud for testing, and he opened the case during live stream, but didn't strip it down. But, his vids have been removed

Here's a pic from the little teardown he did
rg5ahv3q5edtl45n.jpeg

Timps27

It was interspersed with discussion of George form Vapefiend having a V2 in his possession. If I incorrectly applied the photograph of an OG to the rumored V2 my apologies.

Frankly, I’m not sure what it has to do with my remark. I had an incident last night which made clear to me the importance I place USB-C; I shared in the hopes that 1. If another may be weighing the same perhaps my anecdote can be of some use in their consideration; and 2. As this is a thread for the manufacturer of a device I would like to purchase, I am providing my feedback on the off chance the manu or a rep wander through.

I have wanted a Taffeé since launch; many times I have been close but life situation, finance, some other vape, or any myriad of issues got in the way. With selling out of stock again and having to make more, the possibility of simply changing nothing other than the socket is there. They have had that opportunity to do so before as well (this is not the first stock run), and have chosen not to. Had I not had the incident that made it clear to me, I MIGHT have considered purchasing on the next restock even if no change had been made.

It is disappointing that they have already passed up on the opportunity to make a change for the direct benefit of their customer; if they continue down that path it will likely just fall off of my radar entirely.

All of this, as I have always said for every post I make (including the one you quoted), is nothing more than my own opinion. Perhaps you share it, perhaps you do not.

Timps27,
Reactions: JonServo

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Frankly, I’m not sure what it has to do with my remark.
I replied to your original remark about lack of usb-c being a deal breaker for you, your opinion, no problem!

But I'm taking issue with your remarks about photos of a V2 Bowle, would love to substantiate that but I think you may be mistaken, that's all. I saw George Vapefiend tease big things coming from Tafee, but I haven't seen anything about him having one to try. I know you said "discussion about" him having one and that doesn't really seem the same as him showing or revealing one.

I try to follow closely but I don't really do IG or anything other than FC, so I could be quite ignorant of some development. Sorry if I get a little anxious in trying to drill down on this, my issue I think!

And lots of us would love to know what the heck is really coming next!

Timps27

All good brother, I wish I had one in my possession to love as much as you do! I will absolutely eat a massive plate of crow if the next stock has USBC (as I’m putting my order in).

checkyourlibido

@Timps27 I hope you do have to eat crow, lol.

I agree on the importance of USB-C. Many of us might charge externally. But USB-C makes it easier when traveling or even just when mobile to have a connector that fits everything. Look at the EU with Apple. Several of my portables don't use USB-C, it doesn't impact my daily use, but it would be much better, to me, if everything used one connector. Better for the planet as well, maybe.

ChooChooCharlie

@vapviking provided the correct info
He's always helpful, with a good thread memory

I agree, it should be C

Even the mighty Mighty made the charging change to C

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
"amazing! instant on, thermo sensor in convective stream, top-down turbulent heat flow like a mini ball injector vape, easy use, even dark extraction, cool tasty vapor with j-hook stem, easy load/unload, infrequent maintenance required..."

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I replied to your original remark about lack of usb-c being a deal breaker for you, your opinion, no problem!

But I'm taking issue with your remarks about photos of a V2 Bowle, would love to substantiate that but I think you may be mistaken, that's all. I saw George Vapefiend tease big things coming from Tafee, but I haven't seen anything about him having one to try. I know you said "discussion about" him having one and that doesn't really seem the same as him showing or revealing one.

I try to follow closely but I don't really do IG or anything other than FC, so I could be quite ignorant of some development. Sorry if I get a little anxious in trying to drill down on this, my issue I think!

And lots of us would love to know what the heck is really coming next!
All good brother, I wish I had one in my possession to love as much as you do! I will absolutely eat a massive plate of crow if the next stock has USBC (as I’m putting my order in).

Yeah I have no idea if it will or will not have C, but I agree with VV, there was never any photo of any TB V2 anywhere as far as I know and I'm following pretty well I think?

kiddvudu2

Fortunately or unfortunately, I work in IT, so I am forced to carry multiples of each cable type where ever I go. And they have nothing to do with my vapes. Of course, my vapes take advantage of them, but I'd have them regardless. I have a nice neat backpack for all the essentials, but I also keep backups in the truck. I look forward to the day I cash in my last micro cable, but at least you can find them small enough to pack with ease.

MinnBobber

@vapviking provided the correct info
He's always helpful, with a good thread memory

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
"amazing! instant on, thermo sensor in convective stream, top-down turbulent heat flow like a mini ball injector vape, easy use, even dark extraction, cool tasty vapor with j-hook stem, easy load/unload, infrequent maintenance required..."
…easy ability to add hemp paper filter in wire basket which keeps stem innards 90% cleaner, no nasty ABV dust….
…easy to chill stem in freezer for even cooler vapor
… not perfect but can supply a very quick, very clean session.

DonMarteng

My unit started making a rattling sound sadly after I havent used it for a couple of weeks (~6-8).
It sounds like a plastic piece has broken off and is now going wild inside the puck.
Not sure if it happened during a session, but it has only been resting in my shelf for the past 2 months.
I tried 1 session and got some vapor, although not as good as I remember.
After the session I tried heating it up one more time and it just didnt respond in any mode and now auto shuts off after 3-4 seconds.
Has anybody experienced anything similar?
I guess it might have broken some heater cover due to the temperature changes?
Tafee suggests I sent the unit in, but Canada from EU both ways is gonna be a very high shipping cost (54$ one way according to Tafée)
and therefore Im looking for realistic ideas or alternatives.
CS at Tafee has always been excellent in the past, but Im 2 months away from my warranty expiring and it seems they dont want to help me as easy as before.
Ill keep you updated ;)

ChooChooCharlie

My units have developed rattles
Older one worse, sounds like little piece of somethin is bouncing around the puck
But they both work great, odd...
Two year anniversary in couple days
tempted to open the noisy one

Edit: ordered cheap torx drivers from amazon
what da puck

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My unit started making a rattling sound sadly after I havent used it for a couple of weeks (~6-8).
It sounds like a plastic piece has broken off and is now going wild inside the puck.
Not sure if it happened during a session, but it has only been resting in my shelf for the past 2 months.
After the session I tried heating it up one more time and it just didnt respond in any mode and now auto shuts off after 3-4 seconds.
Tafee suggests I sent the unit in, but Canada from EU both ways is gonna be a very high shipping cost (54$ one way according to Tafée)
CS at Tafee has always been excellent in the past, but Im 2 months away from my warranty expiring and it seems they dont want to help me as easy as before.
Ill keep you updated ;)
My recent repair experience may give some hope.
Tafee's initial reply intimidated me. It left me unsure. Like, would they bill me to repair it? Wouldn't know until they assess.
Also, they quoted a strong price for shipping label they were willing to 'provide', and I'd have to pay return postage back to me.
I didn't take the offer for a $39 FedEx label (I'm in US) and rather used USMail for $23.
Per the instruction. I alerted them when tracking indicated it had arrived to them (and gave them the tracking to reference).
After about a week, they let me know they were sending a new puck (that came with tons of extras). They paid the shipping, I'm thrilled with the result and my CS experience.
I suppose there may still be some question about Tafee paying shipping overseas...maybe others here have experience with this?

420_fitdad

Ill keep you updated ;)
I just got mine back from them yesterday after sending back for warranty. I took them up on the shipping label since it was cheaper than what I could find and they were very responsive with everything. They sent me a whole new puck with some other goodies, no questions asked and very quickly sent back to me. The time without my Bowle made me realize what a beast this little guy is, not to mention the absolute easiest, quickest, and tastiest way to medicate at home. I also had a rattle, turned out to be one of the screws was actually a bit loose and that was the cause of the rattle.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just picked up a TinyMight after two years with the Bowle as my daily driver, and I was immediately struck by how spoiled I’ve been with both the cooling of the Bowle’s stem and just how quick and easy it is to load and unload.
When I first purchased Bowle it was between this and TM, thanks for helping me still feel okay about my choice! Enjoy your TM!

Maybe try one of these, to get the Bowle feel from your TM? (with a wpa on TM).
Actually, not sure it would work if the wpa is a multi stage, best with a regular 14mm male.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just picked up a TinyMight after two years with the Bowle as my daily driver, and I was immediately struck by how spoiled I’ve been with both the cooling of the Bowle’s stem and just how quick and easy it is to load and unload.

Yeah the built-in right angle hook is pretty perfect path, highly recommend grabbing a similar right angle glass hook for your TM, once you get rid of the cooling unit and create the same pathway, but all glass, you may feel differently... I think it would be possible to make a custom stem that is one piece for the TM instead of separate WPA with hook... Of course still not quite as easy to pop and swap bowls as the bowle though!

When I first purchased Bowle it was between this and TM, thanks for helping me still feel okay about my choice! Enjoy your TM!

Maybe try one of these, to get the Bowle feel from your TM? (with a wpa on TM).
Actually, not sure it would work if the wpa is a multi stage, best with a regular 14mm male.

TM offers a variety of WPA, not just the 3in1 multi-stage as you called it, there is a 14 mm and there is an 18 mm, plus several aftermarket stem options for even more variety...

But yeah he certainly could use the bowle stem as a separate hook, although I really would not want to, I much prefer an all glass hook instead of using the aluminum steel and silicone here...

I would absolutely be using my tafee more if it had more lower temp settings and versatile pathway connections available

Top Bottom