• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Can you please also make a longer version, to gain more clearance to the stem?
Some vapes, like the MiniVAP, are chubby and need extra clearance.
I have pictures of MV with one of your misc adapters and the Bowle stem. It’s a family affair 😀 of great MiniVAP vapor matched to best conditioning stem in the vape world.
Thanks
MinnBobber
Shoot me a private message with some photos or measurements of how long you need.

My current design was intentionally short to ensure that no TPU is in the vapor path making this part safe for use by my high standards. However I can certainly pull a quote for a longer custom version 3D printed using a brand new industrial technology (FDA compliant Silicone rubber 3D printing without need for expensive molds!).

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For the MiniVap, while I think this current adapter works (edit- using a MV with the nylon wpa), it is cumbersome, given the weight of the MV and it all gets kinda close to your face.
For the MV, I'd like to see something that let's both the vape and stem sit in upright position, so the adapter would be an inverted U shape.
@MinnBobber, have you tried this, initial version with the MV?

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
As far as flavor goes.....when I first got the Bowle I used it exclusively at level 2 until @Shit Snacks suggested I try level 1 for better taste and leisurely sessions.....so now its level 1 when its a new strain for me so I can get that "taste" or when I'm not in a rush. If I'm getting ready for a run its level 2 because I gotta go. The Bowle isn't my main flavor vape but at level 1 its taking care of business....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
As far as flavor goes.....when I first got the Bowle I used it exclusively at level 2 until @Shit Snacks suggested I try level 1 for better taste and leisurely sessions.....so now its level 1 when its a new strain for me so I can get that "taste" or when I'm not in a rush. If I'm getting ready for a run its level 2 because I gotta go. The Bowle isn't my main flavor vape but at level 1 its taking care of business....

Yeah if you start a bowl even at higher levels you can still get great flavor at first, the thing is you cannot go lower than level one 365F which is pretty middling for a lowest temp setting in my opinion, I would like to have two levels lower ideally if not more... And yeah the materials here, going through the metal stem (right angles are great for cooling with built-in hook basically, cold metal also cools the dry hits) if it is not perfectly clean, and that silicone mouthpiece, are things that do not make me considerate top-tier for flavor although it is no slouch for the design (being able to connect to all glass pathways that can be fully perfectly cleaned and using lower temps would help me give it higher marks for flavor, on demand already!)

ChooChooCharlie

Bowle tastes yummy
Bowle-Oreo-Cookie-Shake.jpg

(but messy, kids don't try this at home, quite a cleanup)

SeatownHaze

Can you please also make a longer version, to gain more clearance to the stem?
Some vapes, like the MiniVAP, are chubby and need extra clearance.
I have pictures of MV with one of your misc adapters and the Bowle stem. It’s a family affair 😀 of great MiniVAP vapor matched to best conditioning stem in the vape world.
Thanks
MinnBobber
Maybe a 14 female to 14 female glass adapter would give you the clearance you need.

Does anyone have any info on what battery cell is in the Bowle? Anyone opened theirs up or tried to replace it?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Maybe a 14 female to 14 female glass adapter would give you the clearance you need.

Does anyone have any info on what battery cell is in the Bowle? Anyone opened theirs up or tried to replace it?
He would need a 14mm male to 14mm female adapter to lengthen the delta3dstudios piece.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You're right. I was assuming that the minivap would have a male 14 sticking out of it but that may not be correct.
Well, now I'm not even sure we're talking about the same thing!
See the picture a few posts back, the delta3dstudios adapter (that fits into the Bowle stem) is 14mm female. And correct, the wpa on a MiniVap is 14mm male.
OP asked for an extended version, and you suggested a glass adapter as an extension, right?
That would need to be 14mm m to f, was my point.

And @MinnBobber I just checked and the MV will fit onto this current iteration of the Bowle stem fitting, using either the nylon wpa or the @Delta3DStudios silicone MV wpa.

ChooChooCharlie

@FlyingLow - It was a project: got Oreo shake, cookies, whipped cream, red smoothie straw

Then my tremor shakes conspired together with the shake's thickness, resulting in an overflowing poor pour. Eh, I thought, I'll squirt chocolate syrup around edge, D'oh! too much, quick, stick cookie and straw in. Then a panic pic while front buttons and stem are bathed in melted ice cream. Great fun trying to remove cup, Oreo shakes are slippery, hard enough removing cup dry

Good testament to Bowle's resilience, cleaned up well, still works

I like the sleek modern look of the Bowle without the cup
Easy to hold shape, good weight distribution in hand
Easier than holding and operating with cup on, IMO

Cup encourages me to take pics though
Those poop flavors flow forward in a Bowle (spelling important)
unicorn-poop.jpg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Update to a short saga, last month Bowle stopped heating. I worried that it might not be covered (no particular reason, though this was the 2nd need for service).
I also hesitated (due to cost) to use the fedex mail label that Tafee offers, for $39US.

I purchased a Bowle from a member, just because we missed ours. It's been great!

Then I used USPS to send my Bowle to Canada, for $22, and yesterday got a mail telling me a new Puck would be going out shortly. Couldn't be happier with this outcome. We'll have 2 Bowles, I and think given our sharing habits, this will make for less stress on the devices.

Thank you to one stand-up guy, Mr. Charlie aka the Good and Plenty Kid, for his offer of a Bowle to tide me over - an offer I truly appreciated and will remember, though I didn't avail myself of.
Yes, @ChooChooCharlie, Bruno did take care of me!

Now I'm excited to see what the new year will bring from Tafee!

Goita

Has anyone had issues with battery life. I bought the taffee when it first came out. I am a light user so I probably have on average 5 bowls a week. The battery capacity has now dropped to such a level that on a full charge I had one full bowl and then was trying to finish a second and the battery died. I vape on the two lowest settings and I have done a reset. Any help would be appreciated.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Has anyone had issues with battery life. I bought the taffee when it first came out. I am a light user so I probably have on average 5 bowls a week. The battery capacity has now dropped to such a level that on a full charge I had one full bowl and then was trying to finish a second and the battery died. I vape on the two lowest settings and I have done a reset. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you leaving it on the charger all the time? That can wear out a lithium ion battery over time as I understand it....

I've had mine since December 2020. Since then its been one of my most used daily drivers.

I've been using it/leaving it on the charger about 90% of the time for almost a year now because of the battery life. It wasn't exactly great on the battery life from the beginning but that's nothing new for most of my portable convection vapes. I've mentioned before how using it like a desktop (Most sessions the cord remains attached) has made me appreciate the length of the cord.

My understanding is that leaving a device with rechargeable lithium ion batteries on the charger all the time like I've been doing tends to weaken the battery over time because it is constantly charging to 100% without even being close to a 75% discharge...... so I suspect mine has taken a battery beating by now. When I do take it off the charger I get about 12-16 hits before needing to charge it again and I need about 4 hits per session so basically I'm getting around 3-4 highs per charge now. I do temp step usually starting at level 2 and refill after level 4 stops producing anything visible.

For context .... when I first got the Bowle and tested it out after 3 full charges (I find that most of my battery vapes reach peak battery capacity after 2 to 3 full charges) I was getting around 22 hits per charge with one light/25% remaining. I expect I would have gotten 3 to 4 more hits with one light left so my guess is I would get around 26 hits per charge when new as compared to the 12-16 hits I'm getting now. Different factors can come into play like how long my/your draw is, etc. I tend to beat the buzzer on the Bowle by drawing until the draw timer turns off the heater.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah if you skim backwards there is definitely decline over time with the battery, perhaps you can get a replacement

Goita

Are you leaving it on the charger all the time? That can wear out a lithium ion battery over time as I understand it....

I've had mine since December 2020. Since then its been one of my most used daily drivers.

I've been using it/leaving it on the charger about 90% of the time for almost a year now because of the battery life. It wasn't exactly great on the battery life from the beginning but that's nothing new for most of my portable convection vapes. I've mentioned before how using it like a desktop (Most sessions the cord remains attached) has made me appreciate the length of the cord.

My understanding is that leaving a device with rechargeable lithium ion batteries on the charger all the time like I've been doing tends to weaken the battery over time because it is constantly charging to 100% without even being close to a 75% discharge...... so I suspect mine has taken a battery beating by now. When I do take it off the charger I get about 12-16 hits before needing to charge it again and I need about 4 hits per session so basically I'm getting around 3-4 highs per charge now. I do temp step usually starting at level 2 and refill after level 4 stops producing anything visible.

For context .... when I first got the Bowle and tested it out after 3 full charges (I find that most of my battery vapes reach peak battery capacity after 2 to 3 full charges) I was getting around 22 hits per charge with one light/25% remaining. I expect I would have gotten 3 to 4 more hits with one light left so my guess is I would get around 26 hits per charge when new as compared to the 12-16 hits I'm getting now. Different factors can come into play like how long my/your draw is, etc. I tend to beat the buzzer on the Bowle by drawing until the draw timer turns off the heater.
No I am a light user so I only charge it when it needs to be charged. That is why I am surprised at the decline.

Top Bottom