• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

HughJass

part 1-*read below*
I’m not sure where to start, all I can say is; Wow.

So this device far exceeded my expectations.

(Short backstory of how I went from laughing at, to obsessed with the bowle)

I had been experimenting with more and more expensive vapes until, a little over a year ago, I finally decided to get a mighty. I thought for sure then, that I had reached thermal extraction perfection, and was instantly hooked as a S&B fanboy. (So much so that I subsequently got a classic and hybrid volcano during different sales) Around 6months later, (when I got the hybrid) I was first made aware of the Bowle.​
I instantly recoiled in horror and unfamiliarity at this enormous puck with cup design, and wondered why anyone would go with this unproven $400 cup, with almost no battery life, over a mighty?! (As well as- why would I choose a battery limited device over my volcanos at home!?- I foolishly thought to myself)​

that brings us to almost a year later, (a month ago) and something told me to just give the Bowle a try. (Something about on demand convection allured me past my previous judgments)

I had been hearing great things, and it didn’t look like a Bowle v2 would be released anytime soon. Feeling secure, with POTVs refund policy to back me up if I hated it- I pulled the $400 trigger and It was exactly like everyone says-

You forget about the cup, the heavens open up, and a choir of angels sing as they guide you to terpene and ease of use heaven.
:mmmm:
Then, after having your fill of the tastiest vapor, your greeted with a cup of liquid of your choosing, to cleanse the pallet before diving back into a pool of endless terpenes.

Well maybe not all that, but I instantly fell in love, and am still in a full blown honeymoon stage with this superb little machine.
The flavor and effects are fantastic, truly some of the best, not to mention its ease of use and consistency. It’s also a really ingenious design that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. (an ethanol/iso bath one a week for the pots and stem, but the oven never needs to be cleaned)
That, all considered, makes me completely forget about the shape, it’s still weird, and definitely not pocketable, but frankly, I don’t care anymore. I’d bring a whole suitcase with me everywhere if I had to haha (not far off with the volcanos previously..)

My mighty, Omni and volcanos have been gathering dust, and I suspect they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future/so long as I don’t need another replacement..

*So this got longer than anticipated, this is quite the device. To keep the relevant thoughts bundled better I split this into two parts*
Part 1- pros and my overall thoughts and impression.
Part 2- cons and my issues/concerns

..Which brings us to part 2:

This ALL being said, I did have to get a replacement unit. (And I do have some deeper concerns- will explain later)

I haven’t seen anyone talk about this yet- but has anyone had issues with the button in manual fire mode?

To be more specific, around 10-30% of the time (it would vary wildly) when depressing the fire button, the device would suddenly stop heating. Acting as if I had let go of the button- only to reengage the heater in auto detect/inhale mode when I would let go of the button.

Which was usually right after I was finished with the half hit it just gave me. (Infuriatingly wasting the battery’s precious, and limited, life twice in a row for each failure-which is why I was using manual mode to begin with, to conserve battery)
On the ‘new’ bowle, I noticed the button feels better. One of the reasons I sent the other one back was the button didn’t feel like a $400 devices button, it felt like a $30 device from China. (Felt slightly spongy, didn’t have a very crisp ‘click’ when depressed, and wiggled a lot in place)

The new one doesn’t just feel better, it clicks/sounds audibly better, and it feels sturdy, and doesn’t wiggle as much.
(I’m not sure if this is real or if I’m up in the night, more than literally :mental:)

So here’s where my surface concerns dive deeper- they claim supply chain issues have made batches limited/small, but I just noticed the Bowle I was having issues with, has a Much larger serial number than the ‘new’ one that seems to work great. (Replacement bowle’s serial number is in the 1-200 range, the ‘defective’ one is in the 700-800 range)

-this makes me wonder if the older ones where better, and if the newer ones are being rushed, and or issues like what I’m having are the reason for the second quarters shipment delay-

And unfortunately it wasn’t just the buttons, there where at least a couple, small but noticeable, defects/blemished on the ‘newer’ batch (first one with botton problems) Bowle- such as the lights, the third one was installed crooked, so when illuminated- it didn’t fully illuminate the whole circle/cutout, and the charger port had a nick near the charging port (machining nick or missed spot on the casting) (again all super nitpicky/small things, but at $400 after tax, this device demands a premium, and thus there is some expectation for it to be at least somewhat premium in build quality and QC)

All of this along with some of the screen falling out issues people have been having just has me a bit worried about what’s going on and the companies longevity in these rough times.

What are your guy’s thoughts? I’m interested to know if anyone has experienced anything like what I described, and peoples speculations or information on what’s going on up there over at Tafee headquarters

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I haven’t seen anyone talk about this yet- but has anyone had issues with the button in manual fire mode?

To be more specific, around 10-30% of the time (it would vary wildly) when depressing the fire button, the device would suddenly stop heating. Acting as if I had let go of the button- only to reengage the heater in auto detect/inhale mode when I would let go of the button.

Welcome to FC! Nice write up, but You're not actually supposed to post back to back if you can fit it all in one post (I think you are below the character limit?) Anyway the above has been mentioned here, usually related to the draw sensor and finger on the button pressure... I haven't had that problem in a long time myself based on those factors

Atoum

part 1-*read below*
I’m not sure where to start, all I can say is; Wow.

So this device far exceeded my expectations.

(Short backstory of how I went from laughing at, to obsessed with the bowle)

I had been experimenting with more and more expensive vapes until, a little over a year ago, I finally decided to get a mighty. I thought for sure then, that I had reached thermal extraction perfection, and was instantly hooked as a S&B fanboy. (So much so that I subsequently got a classic and hybrid volcano during different sales) Around 6months later, (when I got the hybrid) I was first made aware of the Bowle.​
I instantly recoiled in horror and unfamiliarity at this enormous puck with cup design, and wondered why anyone would go with this unproven $400 cup, with almost no battery life, over a mighty?! (As well as- why would I choose a battery limited device over my volcanos at home!?- I foolishly thought to myself)​

that brings us to almost a year later, (a month ago) and something told me to just give the Bowle a try. (Something about on demand convection allured me past my previous judgments)

I had been hearing great things, and it didn’t look like a Bowle v2 would be released anytime soon. Feeling secure, with POTVs refund policy to back me up if I hated it- I pulled the $400 trigger and It was exactly like everyone says-

You forget about the cup, the heavens open up, and a choir of angels sing as they guide you to terpene and ease of use heaven.
:mmmm:
Then, after having your fill of the tastiest vapor, your greeted with a cup of liquid of your choosing, to cleanse the pallet before diving back into a pool of endless terpenes.

Well maybe not all that, but I instantly fell in love, and am still in a full blown honeymoon stage with this superb little machine.
The flavor and effects are fantastic, truly some of the best, not to mention its ease of use and consistency. It’s also a really ingenious design that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. (an ethanol/iso bath one a week for the pots and stem, but the oven never needs to be cleaned)
That, all considered, makes me completely forget about the shape, it’s still weird, and definitely not pocketable, but frankly, I don’t care anymore. I’d bring a whole suitcase with me everywhere if I had to haha (not far off with the volcanos previously..)

My mighty, Omni and volcanos have been gathering dust, and I suspect they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future/so long as I don’t need another replacement..

*So this got longer than anticipated, this is quite the device. To keep the relevant thoughts bundled better I split this into two parts*
Part 1- pros and my overall thoughts and impression.
Part 2- cons and my issues/concerns

..Which brings us to part 2:

This ALL being said, I did have to get a replacement unit. (And I do have some deeper concerns- will explain later)

Which was usually right after I was finished with the half hit it just gave me. (Infuriatingly wasting the battery’s precious, and limited, life twice in a row for each failure-which is why I was using manual mode to begin with, to conserve battery)
On the ‘new’ bowle, I noticed the button feels better. One of the reasons I sent the other one back was the button didn’t feel like a $400 devices button, it felt like a $30 device from China. (Felt slightly spongy, didn’t have a very crisp ‘click’ when depressed, and wiggled a lot in place)

The new one doesn’t just feel better, it clicks/sounds audibly better, and it feels sturdy, and doesn’t wiggle as much.
(I’m not sure if this is real or if I’m up in the night, more than literally :mental:)

So here’s where my surface concerns dive deeper- they claim supply chain issues have made batches limited/small, but I just noticed the Bowle I was having issues with, has a Much larger serial number than the ‘new’ one that seems to work great. (Replacement bowle’s serial number is in the 1-200 range, the ‘defective’ one is in the 700-800 range)

-this makes me wonder if the older ones where better, and if the newer ones are being rushed, and or issues like what I’m having are the reason for the second quarters shipment delay-

And unfortunately it wasn’t just the buttons, there where at least a couple, small but noticeable, defects/blemished on the ‘newer’ batch (first one with botton problems) Bowle- such as the lights, the third one was installed crooked, so when illuminated- it didn’t fully illuminate the whole circle/cutout, and the charger port had a nick near the charging port (machining nick or missed spot on the casting) (again all super nitpicky/small things, but at $400 after tax, this device demands a premium, and thus there is some expectation for it to be at least somewhat premium in build quality and QC)

All of this along with some of the screen falling out issues people have been having just has me a bit worried about what’s going on and the companies longevity in these rough times.

What are your guy’s thoughts? I’m interested to know if anyone has experienced anything like what I described, and peoples speculations or information on what’s going on up there over at Tafee headquarters
Hi! Glad you enjoy your Bowle, I'm still in my honeymoon myself, just love it other than the battery life which definitely is an issue on daily use.

I'm not really sure why you use the manual fire mode. Your stated reason (saving battery life) doesn't seem evident to me. I press once and draw, so I use the other mode, and the light changes color less than one second after I stop drawing, so the sensor that automates the on/off modes is quite precise. So I'm not sure how much of the battery life you're saving that way, I doubt it would allow you to go with an additional bowl really. And the price for that tiny gain is more/faster wear of the button and mechanism under. Needless to say I haven't experienced this issue with my unit, partly as it's only a couple of weeks old, and also I guess as I don't use the manual mode?

One issue I do see with mine is that it doesn't seem to work well with my poorer quality local weed (I live in Congo). The difference with regular Sensi weed is that is comes with branches, plenty of seeds, much much dryer, and when smoked with joints has less effects. This being said, when I use it in the Bowle, I can't seem to get even the thinnest vape and taste with it. In my volcano, I get thinner vape than with my good weed, but I can still have one useable balloon (versus 2 with the regular weed) on one capsule. I wonder if it's because the Bowle doesn't heat as high, or because the Volcano is hybrid heating versus pure convection with the Bowle? I've ordered a Tinymight, waiting for it to be produced and shipped. Once I'll get it I'll try with that unit, as it goes up higher in temperature. Would really be a bummer if that one doesn't work either, as I can't get the geed weed when I'm out in the field, I only have access to the local one then. It would make my journey out of combustion much harder. Eagerly waiting on my TM to get to know the final word on this!

P.S Edit: of course, I do take the weeds and branches out of the local weed before using it. I Was just mentioning it to give you an idea of what it looks like when I get it ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm not really sure why you use the manual fire mode. Your stated reason (saving battery life) doesn't seem evident to me. I press once and draw, so I use the other mode, and the light changes color less than one second after I stop drawing, so the sensor that automates the on/off modes is quite precise. So I'm not sure how much of the battery life you're saving that way, I doubt it would allow you to go with an additional bowl really. And the price for that tiny gain is more/faster wear of the button and mechanism under. Needless to say I haven't experienced this issue with my unit, partly as it's only a couple of weeks old, and also I guess as I don't use the manual mode?

The sensor on mine is not that good, if I use the automatic fire, just pressing the button once, take my hit and stop inhaling, it does not shut off right away... So instead while I am inhaling, I tap the button twice again to shut off the auto fire, sort of hybrid automatic manual usage this way :tup:

Principal Guy

Pulled out my Bowle after six months of collecting dust thanks to Old Head Hot Rod. Thought I should dust it off and give it a go. What a pleasure to hit this thing. Something about that on-demand, quick heat up that can’t be beat. Had some company around this week and needed to be a bit discrete and quick. Really is good at keeping the smell down. Probably would be my nod for least smelling/odor vape. Probably will help my tolerance to use the Bowle again.

HughJass

Welcome to FC! Nice write up, but You're not actually supposed to post back to back if you can fit it all in one post (I think you are below the character limit?) Anyway the above has been mentioned here, usually related to the draw sensor and finger on the button pressure... I haven't had that problem in a long time myself based on those factors
Thank you, both for the welcome and the advice. Duly noted for the future.

:horse:
Also interesting to know, about the button issue. I hope that means I won’t have that with the new one as well-
I did however experiment thoroughly with finger pressure before, and it would still happen seemingly at random.​
The new one hasn’t done it so far. (although I have cause the error myself by adjusting my finger pressure mid hit- what was happening before seemed to be independent of user input)

It could just be a slight design/hardware flaw. :chill: I do have to remind myself that this is basically the first version of this device from a brand new company. Which is astonishing all things considered!

To combat this issue before I got the new one, I had started doing what you described as hybrid auto manual mode haha, I just hate how many extra button clicks it ‘uses’ (a bit ridiculous I know :mental:I’m a little over the top with precautions during the honeymoon stage)

Thanks again for the welcome! Glad to have finally joined after being a lone thermal extraction enthusiast, amongst a sea of smokers, for many moons.

Hi! Glad you enjoy your Bowle, I'm still in my honeymoon myself, just love it other than the battery life which definitely is an issue on daily use.

I'm not really sure why you use the manual fire mode.

Hello, and I’m glad you are enjoying your Bowle honeymoon as well! I feel you on battery, if it didn’t cost $400 I would immediately buy a second one as a backup puck/battery. (But really I should just cut my tolerance back to 3-4 full pots a day haha)
To answer your question- Partially what Shit Snacks said, and its also that I’ve noticed the pot/herb are still hot enough to produce vapor at the end of some hits- possibly causing more buildup on the oven screen. :sherlock:
So I like to stop the heater a second or two early with manual control to pull some cooler air through- To, in theory, help keep the oven cleaner, and the herb slightly fresher through the session.
Although as you mentioned, I have no idea how much battery it actually saves. It is recommended in the Bowle manual as a tip to save battery, but I don’t know why. Maybe the breath sensor is only active in auto mode? :hmm: But i can still only get about 4-6 pots out of it (6 if I only half pack and do a higher heat/quick extraction)

One issue I do see with mine is that it doesn't seem to work well with my poorer quality local weed (I live in Congo). The difference with regular Sensi weed is that is comes with branches, plenty of seeds, much much dryer, and when smoked with joints has less effects. This being said, when I use it in the Bowle, I can't seem to get even the thinnest vape and taste with it. In my volcano, I get thinner vape than with my good weed, but I can still have one useable balloon (versus 2 with the regular weed) on one capsule. I wonder if it's because the Bowle doesn't heat as high, or because the Volcano is hybrid heating versus pure convection with the Bowle? I've ordered a Tinymight, waiting for it to be produced and shipped.
That’s really cool you have access to such natural plant, but that’s a bummer it doesn’t produce vapor as well.​
I have seen/enjoyed that kind of natural mountain style herb over in the Himalayas, and I know what you mean about it being pretty dry and a bit lower in potency.​
Nonetheless, I really miss it.​
It just felt good, and had nice uplifting effects without wrecking the body’s senses.​

So I’m not there with you to test for myself, but I strongly suspect the issue you’re having is also moisture content related.
It could also slightly be because there is less canabinoids to boil off, but I’ve noticed moisture can play a big role in vapor production.
(For example, with the mighty and with really dry herb, I would sometimes only get 3 big hits before it would stop producing as much vapor, but with 50-60% humidity herb, I would get anywhere from 8-15 of what felt like the same size of hits)​

You may have some luck trying to rehydrate your sensi a bit before vaping it- (if you can get boveda packs and a sealed jar/container, then those work well enough. Or you could get creative adding a freshly cut herb or something with some moisture content in the same jar for a few hours and it may sort of rejuvenate it as well. I suspect even just a little bit of moisture would work a bit better)

That all being said, congratulations! It’s awesome that you are trying to get away from combustion, despite its difficulties at times.
I hope the tinymight turns out to be a better solution (if nothing else it would make an excellent backup to switch off with the bowle throughout the day to help with the small battery)

If you’re able to give the rehydrating a try- let me know how it goes! Wishing you good luck and all the best.

The sensor on mine is not that good, if I use the automatic fire, just pressing the button once, take my hit and stop inhaling, it does not shut off right away... So instead while I am inhaling, I tap the button twice again to shut off the auto fire, sort of hybrid automatic manual usage this way :tup:

Solution to this is to just hit it until it times out - big rips! :brow:

I've had the heater shutoff prematurely during button press hits a few times, but I quickly learned to press the button with authority at all times (lol), and it's generally been fine for me. I have a pretty early unit (Jan 2021) so it was interesting to hear what @HughJass had to say about the difference in models/serial numbers. My SN ends in 418 for what it's worth.

I would be very sad if Tafee went out of business/my Bowle stopped working. I don't think there's a great replacement out there right now for what this thing brings to the table. Absolute convection powerhouse and the most user friendly vape I own. The dry cooling really cannot be emphasized enough. Truly game-changing IMO.

fangorn

One issue I do see with mine is that it doesn't seem to work well with my poorer quality local weed (I live in Congo). The difference with regular Sensi weed is that is comes with branches, plenty of seeds, much much dryer, and when smoked with joints has less effects. This being said, when I use it in the Bowle, I can't seem to get even the thinnest vape and taste with it. In my volcano, I get thinner vape than with my good weed, but I can still have one useable balloon (versus 2 with the regular weed) on one capsule. I wonder if it's because the Bowle doesn't heat as high, or because the Volcano is hybrid heating versus pure convection with the Bowle? I've ordered a Tinymight, waiting for it to be produced and shipped. Once I'll get it I'll try with that unit, as it goes up higher in temperature. Would really be a bummer if that one doesn't work either, as I can't get the geed weed when I'm out in the field, I only have access to the local one then. It would make my journey out of combustion much harder. Eagerly waiting on my TM to get to know the final word on this!
I'm no expert at all but when I've produced lower quality weed, or it's too old...I've found I get better results with a conduction type vaporizer (dynavap at the time, Fw7 today).

maybe a track to dig...?

HughJass

Solution to this is to just hit it until it times out - big rips! :brow:

I've had the heater shutoff prematurely during button press hits a few times, but I quickly learned to press the button with authority at all times (lol), and it's generally been fine for me. I have a pretty early unit (Jan 2021) so it was interesting to hear what @HughJass had to say about the difference in models/serial numbers. My SN ends in 418 for what it's worth.

Yes! :cheers: especially to big rips.
Also “with authority” is very accurate.

(If you still have it)-Does your Bowle box have the device serial number and a QR code on the bottom, or two barcodes and a street address? The 700sn one had the serial number on the bottom of the box and was a newer/cleaner looking design.

So yeah it was weird to see how many little, but weird differences there where.
:worms: I didn’t mention this earlier but I also noticed that the cup didn’t align center on the one I had issues with. (The SN around 700)
(If that makes sense- I put the same cup on both pucks, and it was dead center on both the button/front side, and the stem in the back groove on the ‘newer’ ~100sn. Same cup, and the stem was touching when it was lined up on the front/button side of the ‘older’ but technically newer ~700sn. -I’d have to have to have the cup ‘twisted’ to the left/flush with the right side on the buttons/front side, for the stem to be centered in the back groove, and not touching the cup)​
Just weird little quirky things that again on a first generation device from a new company is not unheard of.​
But concerning that it’s not the other way around, with the first batch one being a bit rougher finish.​

On the note of rough finishes, and the same topic of Tafee QC- I also had to send back the metal potter grinder I got, twice now-it arrived in really rough shape, with scuffs, dents, and machining blemishes in/on them
(which doesn’t bother me for a backup $20 grinder, but at $79 (or $49 if you subtract the 4pots at msrp price) you’d think it would be at least comparable to grinders in similar price range.)​
The basic cnc finish is really rough, and the metal used looked and felt..for lack of a better word, cheap, like a non uniform pot metal. The magnets are also about half as strong as my brilliant cut and Santa Cruz shredder which added to the overal cheap feeling.

Another interesting note- It is visibly rougher than the tafee official photos online, with some ‘machining nipples’ left behind in the top and serious machining marks/grooves dug in on both top and bottom of the grinder chamber, that where not symmetrical.
—(so it didn’t look like it was meant to be there or as pretty as it could’ve been with just 30 seconds more in the cnc machine) (again all super nit picky things, but the second one was even worse, with metal hanging chads on a few of the teeth and metal dust visibly in the grinder. And pots.. It’s clearly of inferior finishing quality to the one used for pictures online)​
All together it just sadly seems like they’re overcharging for what you are getting/the quality is not matching the price— with the caviat of that it’s cutting edge unique design. (And sadly that’s really what we are paying for, the Bowle probably could be $200-300 but the cost of making a new product is never cheap, so we are likely just paying back the cost of manufacturing.
Which if they’ve only made around 1000 Bowles is only around half a million in sales (assuming 100% profit that’s not a ton for someone with huge manufacturing bills and product delays..)

But I digress.

It’s possibly all supply/Chinese QC issues, and that’s why the newest batch has the drop in quality, but again I’m just speculating:huh:.

I would be very sad if Tafee went out of business/my Bowle stopped working. I don't think there's a great replacement out there right now for what this thing brings to the table. Absolute convection powerhouse and the most user friendly vape I own. The dry cooling really cannot be emphasized enough. Truly game-changing IMO.
I feel the same way, and I would be so sad if they stop production/went out of business.
:bowdown: 100% agree on it being a currently irreplaceable, one of its kind, on demand powerhouse. I have a hard time believing that I’ll even touch another vape this year except out of necessity haha. (And I Just got an Omni and two IH’s a week or so before the bowle)

I'm no expert at all but when I've produced lower quality weed, or it's too old...I've found I get better results with a conduction type vaporizer (dynavap at the time, Fw7 today).
I second this Atoum, a moderate moisture content or conduction heat seem to be the trick to more vapor production.
As much as I also love the on demand, he may be on to something! (And dynavaps are a cheap, durable, battery free backup devices that you can stash just about anywhere a pen will fit)

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I've been using the Tafée Bowle as my daily driver for the last month.

I have not once powered on my EVO.

For more than ten years, I have been vaping solely via water. There was no other way for me. It was everything I wanted and needed.

Then Tafée Bowle came.

Even when I had gotten the TinyMight, I used it solely via water, it just worked better for me, but when I have gotten the Tafee Bowle, I felt that finally, I don't need water to filter the vapor.

And with the additional passive cooling in mind(the system that also makes me drink more than I usually do), it feels like heaven.

I kept using water for a month or two, but eventually, I stopped using water and moved entirely to the Tafée Bowle (I still use the TinyMight with the XL stem, dry as well!).

It is fun to be free of all the cords and glass pieces. It is fun to have a simple cup on my table. No more mess, no more paying for broken glass, and all of the enjoyment still.

The future of vaping is here. Join in.

Almost a year after, nothing has changed.
Tafée Bowle is still my number one choice at home with everything else collecting dust.
I feel like it was designed especially for me. It just makes vaping more casual. More natural. Anywhere and anytime in the house.
Even to this day it still blows my mind how it made changed the way I vape and how well it performs time after time.
I haven't had any problems with both devices I own for almost a year now on daily usage.

I will keep preaching for this vape. I do think it's the true gateway to vaping and I'm here to deliver the message LOL.

Long live Tafée Bowle!

Atoum

maybe a track to dig...?
Thanks for this hint. I'm definitely planning on getting a dynavap during these summer holidays once I get to Belgium. I'm very intrigued by how it works. Plus I'll take one of those electrical heaters so that I can get the hang of how it works easier, before later trying with a good lighter.

About the Bowle, still madly in love with it, sipping some vape from it as I write this post, not something one can do with most vaporizers, this one really is the pinnacle of casual vaping. I love sipping my weed at level 2 several times before going up 3 and 4 for a couple of hits at each of those levels, it's so tasty, and I can take so many hits from it. I also love the impact it has on me, getting high nice and slow instead of being hit by a train. I haven't tried getting stronger hits by starting straight at level 3 or 4 yet, didn't really feel the need to. I'm waiting to receive my Tinymight - ordered 10 days ago now- to get those big hits instead. I'm even stirring my bowl every once in a while and it remains casual vaping as it's so easy to do with the provided stirring tool and stem design. If anything I might end up getting myself a Bowle V2 when it comes out, and keeping the V1 so I can switch between the two during charges. Battery definitely is a big issue. Starting off from level 2 and sipping as long as possible at that level before going up, then vaping as long as anything comes out at level 4 (long sessions) shoots the battery fast. I can do two full bowl this way, will shut down after a couple of sips of the third. The device and stem base also tend to get pretty hot after taking 3-4 puffs at level 4, but that's normal I guess, and it doesn't get hot to the point I need to drop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonesin'

So listen, If you get a Tafee Bowle, check the oven screen regularly to be sure it isn't out of place. I'm seeing this may end up being a recurring problem with the design and it's what happened with mine. For some reason I never got much, if any visible vapor when using this thing even after my lungs got stronger after quitting combusting so I think I had a bad puck from the beginning. For all of your sakes, don't touch the screen if it should shift, and it probably will....send it back under warranty immediately.
As for me? I'm DONE with Tafee Bowle and feeling a bit ripped off at the moment. To those whose screens have shifted, good luck and I hope they honor your warranty.
I wanted to follow this up. I was so mad, and so bummed to not have my Bowle after it malfunctioned. I'd come to depend on it and yeah, I felt burned but it was partially my fault. I got a VMAX V3 Pro, which was only my second device. It's been great- it's a solid on-demand device with good vapor and I really like it a lot. I said i was DONE with the Bowle. Period. Well, anyone who has one knows I've missed it and I had wondered, because I do get so much vapor at low temps on the V3, if my original puck may have just had some defect in the first place, which can happen with anything really, but there's no way to know. My lungs were shot when i first got it and it really helped them to get better over the past year in any case. Long story short, after the Bowle died and me not having a backup was a wake up call so I ate some crow and am getting a new puck, hopefully next week. I'm also hoping the new puck gets me ripped the way the V3 does - in any case, I'm back on the Bowle bandwagon....I am pretty sure some of you knew I would be once I cooled off. Their customer service was very gracious about it as well.

NachoDorito

Does anyone know if the stubby stem is available at any online US retailers? I’ve been waiting awhile to get one from the Tafee site, but every time I check they are out of stock. Do they have specific restock dates that I am just missing? Thanks :)

NachoDorito,

HughJass

I dont think they ever had retailers for parts yet. But you can Just cut it to the desired length though?
Yes.. but actually no. It’s more than just a rectangular shaped metal tube, at the top and bottom are supports for what I’d describe as “cooling rods”.
-I’m guessing taking these rods out completely would significantly reduce the cooling capacity, and make a diy stubby stem a bit unbearable to take long hits from.
But if you could also chop the rods down and keep all the materials safe for human consumption with heat, then it could work as well as the manufactured one.

Does anyone know if the stubby stem is available at any online US retailers? I’ve been waiting awhile to get one from the Tafee site, but every time I check they are out of stock. Do they have specific restock dates that I am just missing? Thanks :)
And I also would like to know more.
As far as I can tell they are planning to restock everything in due time, but there have been ‘significant delays in the supply chain’ as they say.
I think they where planning to have a restock Q2 this year-around this time.. I hope it is just a delay and nothing worse..

ChooChooCharlie

@HughJass - I know, I'm a nit picking vape nerd :science::sherlock::hmm: ...

But there are no cooling rods
Stem is hollow

Two screw receiving tabs:
Upper one acts as a "stop" for the silicone mouthpiece
Lower one functions as designed, receiving two phillips screws

Recall George Vapefiend and Delia were also misled by cooling, thinking there were baffles or something in the stem. You're in good company;)

Back on page 37 of this thread, Vito posted a video of dismantling stem for deep cleaning. (Bruno has advised against this, as folks strip the tiny screw, and Vito is using allen instead of hex, oops, he's making driver bite into screw head) But you can get a look at the two phillips screws going into the lower stem tabs

And again, my usual apologies to readers -- Don't clean with warm iso. Unfortunately, I advised this method early on, and hot iso degrades powder coat finish adhesion. Bad. Only use room temp iso, and don't take stem apart to clean

kapows

I wanted to follow this up. I was so mad, and so bummed to not have my Bowle after it malfunctioned. I'd come to depend on it and yeah, I felt burned but it was partially my fault. I got a VMAX V3 Pro, which was only my second device. It's been great- it's a solid on-demand device with good vapor and I really like it a lot. I said i was DONE with the Bowle. Period. Well, anyone who has one knows I've missed it and I had wondered, because I do get so much vapor at low temps on the V3, if my original puck may have just had some defect in the first place, which can happen with anything really, but there's no way to know. My lungs were shot when i first got it and it really helped them to get better over the past year in any case. Long story short, after the Bowle died and me not having a backup was a wake up call so I ate some crow and am getting a new puck, hopefully next week. I'm also hoping the new puck gets me ripped the way the V3 does - in any case, I'm back on the Bowle bandwagon....I am pretty sure some of you knew I would be once I cooled off. Their customer service was very gracious about it as well.
Where are you based

kapows,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
After being away from my beloved Bowle for the last 9 months and only being able to use my DynaVap and VapBong and lately MiniVap until then has given me some great insight:

The Bowle has phenomenal heatup time. Love this literally instantly ready speed. The flavor is top top top - better than all 3 aforementioned vapes. Form factor is fun with the water and MicroUSB is still lame. Favorite vapor quality from any vape to date :)

But boy did I miss this vape! About to harvest Red Gorilla Girl, Skunk XL, and Gelato XL - can't wait to flavor compare all 3!

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Wow last night the Bowle really showed its true colours.

Had some friends and their kids over for dinner. Bowle loaded and ready to go. I have my drink in there and one of their very observant children asks why does the cup have buttons and inspected the unit for 5 minutes straight. The kid even mentioned how the charger is in a weird spot :lol:

"It's to warm up my drink". Few moments later when attention was lost I took a deliciously terpy hit of my fresh harvested Gelato XL. None of the children noticed/knew the entire evening - and they're a very curious bunch!

The practicality factor is really there and what Bruno set out to accomplish with the household-friendly design has been remarkably effective in this circumstance. Been using it all day with the kids around and it's nice to not be visibly consuming something around them.

Bravo, Bowle.

Weett

Hey guys,

Just a question, I've seen there is 3 sizes for the stems. Is there any difference between the 3 of them regarding flavor and cooling?

Weett,
Hey guys,

Just a question, I've seen there is 3 sizes for the stems. Is there any difference between the 3 of them regarding flavor and cooling?

I have the long one and the stubby (smallest). There may be a slight difference but it’s not enough to get me to keep using the long one. I greatly prefer the stubby for form factor and aesthetics.

Top Bottom