Tafée Bowle

MinnBobber

I thought for sure you'd say: "It satisfies my natural co-habit as drinkware"?

So if the stem is that good, do you recommend splurging on the long stem/tall glass? Or does the shorter one provide all the cooling you're talking about?

I only have the long stem. I assume the short stem also has the cooling fins. The long stem cools at a 10/10 level so the short should be near that level.
Anybody have both stems, that can take two bowls for the team ?? And verify the shorter stem has the cooling fins...

At first, I thought the long stem looked odd, without the cup. After using it like that, the long might be more ergonomic, you don’t need to bend your elbow as much. Just conjecture as phone to ear gets uncomfortable after awhile....or back off on the 400 pound curls, being muscle bound is a bitch. 😉🏋️‍♀️

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I only have the long stem. I assume the short stem also has the cooling fins. The long stem cools at a 10/10 level so the short should be near that level.
Anybody have both stems, that can take two bowls for the team ?? And verify the shorter stem has the cooling fins...

At first, I thought the long stem looked odd, without the cup. After using it like that, the long might be more ergonomic, you don’t need to bend your elbow as much. Just conjecture as phone to mouth gets uncomfortable after awhile....or back off on the 400 pound curls, being muscle bound is a bitch. 😉🏋️‍♀️

There is another member here who has sent the short stem and drinkware by mistake, so they were sent belong stem and taller drinkware, not sure if they have received them yet... if you go back a few pages you should be able to find out who it was and hassle them for a report! :evil::whip:

johnnyCanuck

At first, I thought the long stem looked odd, without the cup. After using it like that, the long might be more ergonomic, you don’t need to bend your elbow as much. Just conjecture as phone to mouth gets uncomfortable after awhile....or back off on the 400 pound curls, being muscle bound is a bitch. 😉🏋️‍♀️
yup. short stem has the cooling fins as well.
I don't find the vapour temp uncomfortable whatsoever with the short stem as well. lol. just set at 4 and away I go,,,

SquirrelMaster

They should start selling spare parts if anything goes wrong in the freezer or elsewhere. And hopefully an EU reseller.
I was told that accessories are coming but no time frame was given which makes sense given the current world situation. I had asked specifically about the ceramic bowls and mug meant for hot drinks. I can't wait to see what other accessories they release.

I was at level 2 temp when I did the test and I couldn't feel the hit at all...... ended up drawing too long and too hard...got a massive cloud that choked me out. I should have kept in mind that cooling without the benefit of the vapor coming in contact with water doesn't add moisture to the hit.
- After getting choked out like that at level 2....maybe I need to try the level 1 temp as others have suggested since level 2 can produce like that.
That's one of the best things about the Bowle, the crazy vapour cooling When I first got mine I thought temp 1 was too high but after going through 1, 2, 3, and 4 I think the temps are a really good range. 1 and 2 are good for a lot of people and then 3 and 4 really open things up so I can take my AVB really dark.

I never received extra gaskets or screens with my Bowle. Not too worried.
Me either. I'll order some if I feel the need when they release accessories. Tafee is definitely getting more business from me, they've left a very good impression so far.

Level 4 is just on the higher end of warm to me and is not what I would consider hot or too hot. There are folks who feel differently. I'm not surprised because I've had folks tell me that my personal temp senses are calibrated lower than theirs. Not long ago someone said a vape was too hot on their lips and it didn't bother me in the least. Considering level 4 is 464F that's amazing cooling whether you're me or someone that can "tolerate" it.

When I finish off a pot at level 4 my ABV is a little darker and has more black char in it. When I finish off at level 4 I take draws until there is no vapor and then take one more.

I'll go through phases where I'm more sensitive to higher temps and on a lot of vapes I just stay away because I find the vapour to harsh. Not the case with the Bowle on temp 4. I've pilled on a big scoop of kief, packed tight with flower and tossed a chunk of hash on top and as dark as my AVB comes out my brain is always dumb-founded as to how the vapour was so smooth. I had that "problem" with the MV1 but it was so finnicky that I had a very specific ritual I would follow. Not at all the case with the Bowle. Draw steady, the longer the better and prepare to get smacked no matter the temp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowle saved me again today. Fucking migraines are killing me lately, I barely made it home from work. I collapsed in a heap of pain at my back door, slept on the floor in the fetal positition for an hour (I was trying to get to my Bowle but didn't make it out to the garage). When I woke up I filled the cup with some ice water (not too much, gotta read the LED's :)) and proceeded to blast off from planet migraine hangover to the International Vape Station Bowle.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a battery to kill and some more insanely delicous First Class Funk loaded up in the potter+ waiting for me.

justcametomind

OT
Seems like psilocybin mushrooms work wonderfully for cluster migraines. The pain from cluster migraine is the deepest pain a human can experience in life. Now that I think about it I also saw a documentary when this guy discovered himself a full dose psilocybin trip would take away migraine for the following month where no other medication was effective.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Bowle is beautifull!

Work as expected (even better!) with flowers, whatever the load size, grind consistency and drawing technic,... it works. Although after I seen @Shit Snacks use wax with pad I gave it a try... but gave up after a few hits at level 4 without vapor and just a hint of taste, finally got some vapor but it was very whispy and I stopped here cause I though it may be possible to deplete the battery in 1 wax bowl. I suppose it will be a different story with wax on the top of a bowl.

Something I like a lot for peoples in illegal country, this is doesn't looks like a vaporizer, if you remove the stem, put them separated in a bag no cop will think it's a vaporizer, it looks like a big powerbank, with the glass on top it's a different story.

I think a sort of "caddy top" would be a nice idea in order to fit a few loaded cups and tools.

SquirrelMaster

That sucks, @SquirrelMaster , lots of us have pain, but damn, your migraines sound brutal

Can't resist catch phrases: "Feel Better with Bowle"

They're usually not so bad in the colder months but such is life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I'm just thankful that I have sweet lady Mary Jane to ease my pain.

Oh man since you all started talking about infomercials I've had Bowle ads randomly pop into my head. Mom getting supper ready and having a quick hit. Grandma sipping on her milk after sipping on some sweet sweet cheeba. A young adult gamer having a hit between matches, the list goes on. I'm still going to keep saying bow-lay in my head though. I like the way it sounds especially after a few bowls :rofl:.

OT
Seems like psilocybin mushrooms work wonderfully for cluster migraines. The pain from cluster migraine is the deepest pain a human can experience in life. Now that I think about it I also saw a documentary when this guy discovered himself a full dose psilocybin trip would take away migraine for the following month where no other medication was effective.

Oh man I haven't done mushrooms in decades lol. I would not be able to handle being around my family, I'd be too paranoid lol. Sounds very interesting though, I'll have to look into it. I've heard of treating other conditions with LSD but I don't remember if migraines are part of that. If I keep vaping all day I can usually keep the pain at bay but I was away from my gear in a super hot room all day, didn't eat well, barely slept and then never made it to the Bowle when I got home. Lesson learned, I need the Bowle within reach at all times :lol: .

west-elec

OT

I always found the holy herb the only thing that really helped my migraines. For years I would always have an emergency joint rolled and ready if the blurred vision spots told me one was on the way. Then i noticed I never got migraines on those days where I started early and kept it up all day.
Thanks largely to on demand vapes (and smoke buddy) I started to maintain a constant level of medication throughout the day and now i don't get them anymore. It could be a coincidence or being less stressed which is a nice side effect of constant medication, but I really feel it prevents as well as relieves symptoms. Something about dilating blood vessels in the brain, they are researching it for stroke victims.
Worth a try @SquirrelMaster if you are in the situation where it's possible. Particularly if you can predict them to a degree, get that Tafee out earlier in the day and see if you can avoid it.
Interesting that mushrooms might be better. Now I also have an excuse to look into them as well.

ChooChooCharlie

Sounds strange, I know, but I really enjoy holding my Bowle

(this is like one of those trust falls, but instead it’s a trust post)

edit: feel guilty for originally posting 23 seconds as time out. Seemed about right, looking at clock, with alcohol blurred vision

Last edited:

Meditation

@dimmusp Got my bowle yesterday morning in the uk, it arrived on time with no extra charges. Although I just got a text msg to say I owe the tax man £46.76 for a shipment imported from outside the EU? Wtf? I’ve always paid charges before I could take delivery? Now it’s in my hand I’m not really in a rush to pay this so I’m just going to ignore it and see what happens :whoa:

I don’t think I could write much about the bowle that hasn’t already been said. I’ve got the short version and I can draw for the full 23s on level 4 and the only thing I can feel is myself ‘filling up’ then being surprised at the cloud coming out of my mouth! It really is super smooth on all four levels and the flavour is superb on all levels as well.
Only negative from me is the battery life as has been stated it’s a little on the short side but it’s plenty big enough to put you where you need to be before recharging. I think I was getting about 5 full bowls before needing a charge but those 5 bowls sent me to the moon and back (actually fell asleep on the sofa at 6pm) so as long as you charge it before passing out your good to go as soon as you wake up.
The only thing for me to learn about this vape was the draw speed once you get that sorted (about 3 bowls for me) it’s lift off time. Right I’m off to test it out again see if I can get a snooze in before lunch:lol:

androponic

vaped.
There is another member here who has sent the short stem and drinkware by mistake, so they were sent belong stem and taller drinkware, not sure if they have received them yet... if you go back a few pages you should be able to find out who it was and hassle them for a report! :evil::whip:
I have not received the additional stem and drinkware yet. It is going to be delivered today via FedEx. I will follow up with a comparison asap.
I am pleased that they let me keep the original small set too which is super cool. Kudos to the Tafée support folks for the fast resolution on this for me. So far I am as impressed with the company as I am the product.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Last night with the Bowle...
In my pain I sat on the bed, leaned against the wall, and using the
bowle, I became so comfortable that I dozed through a movie ending, with no heating pad!
I did not have to get up or change anything.
In spite of the few back to back sessions, nothing spilled, there was nothing to crush or break.
I automatically did not even look around for "the ruins".. I simply knew all was fine-self contained-sturdy.
I have become more than a casual fan.
I am a convection lover. I crave dry vapor.....water tools =not for me
While it is a hard to reach price for most of the patients I work with, I can still recommend it and teach it...
... so everyone knows what to ask for when "they" decide to give each disabled person a Vaporizer of their choice.
At this time, this is the vaporizer to aspire to!

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I always found the holy herb the only thing that really helped my migraines. For years I would always have an emergency joint rolled and ready if the blurred vision spots told me one was on the way. Then i noticed I never got migraines on those days where I started early and kept it up all day.
Thanks largely to on demand vapes (and smoke buddy) I started to maintain a constant level of medication throughout the day and now i don't get them anymore. It could be a coincidence or being less stressed which is a nice side effect of constant medication, but I really feel it prevents as well as relieves symptoms. Something about dilating blood vessels in the brain, they are researching it for stroke victims.
Worth a try @SquirrelMaster if you are in the situation where it's possible. Particularly if you can predict them to a degree, get that Tafee out earlier in the day and see if you can avoid it.
Interesting that mushrooms might be better. Now I also have an excuse to look into them as well.
I have also noticed if I microdose my chances of getting a migraine drop to almost zero. When I'm not working I try to do this but I have a harder time working when I've been vaping as I tend to get a little foggy and lazy. Probably doesn't help that I favor indicas. I probsbly need a good daytime strain and I think I would be in better shape. CBD flower helps but THC works much better for some reason on the preventative and recovery side of things. At least for migraines.

androponic

vaped.
So i was supposed to receive a large drinkware and long stem due to them sending me a small unit by mistake. I received the same white packaging tube as before. Inside was the cup, long stem with standard mouthpiece, extra charger and long usb cable too. and i get to keep the small set! I am tickled that they did this and they are just getting going so I am sure dollars count more than ever. Tafee if you read this, you guys are coming out of the gates just killing it!

Those white tubes it comes in makes a great storage/transport “case” for the bowle too! i have an idea to try and cover it with leather and make a true case out of one.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That is so awesome @androponic!

. Although after I seen @Shit Snacks use wax with pad I gave it a try... but gave up after a few hits at level 4 without vapor and just a hint of taste, finally got some vapor but it was very whispy and I stopped here cause I though it may be possible to deplete the battery in 1 wax bowl. I suppose it will be a different story with wax on the top of a bowl.

Hmm what type of concentrate pad were you using? The one from the fierce fits in the ceramic chamber pot perfectly, but if you are using one any smaller then it could allow air to pass around the pad without vaping properly... Also could depend on the type of concentrate and how much used, the raw garden live resin sauce I was using is pretty reliable, did not even have to use that much, but I was taking very long hits at level four and you don't start getting nice clouds until near the end of the hit... I did three or four rounds of dabbing that way, and it does indeed drain the battery when pushed like that! But yeah for taste and performance I prefer smaller dabs that can be cleared in a few hits, better efficiency that way... I would not want to add dabs on top of an herb bowl, I haven't done that way in years now and it actually makes little sense to me personally!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:

1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

Fogoff

I received the bowle this morning.
I am very impressed, from A to Z .. the performances are excellent, beyond my expectations. Pure convection style, the airflow is insane!
The device smells like quality, and very well built, this project was deeply thought out and designed
The heat up time is almost inexistant, so it really feels like a pure instant on experience, impressive.
As already discussed by some of you, I can see a lot of add ons being produce for the bowle. It has a lot of potential for it.
It's been a long time something this efficient and innovative in a very subtle and simple style has hit the market, seems like years to me ;)
Oh there's one thing I'm not down with: the battery life.. too short. Heavy user will need to get a pretty strict charging routine with the Bowle

Overall excellent device, let's see long term usage.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have a question.
The performance of my unit is flawless, but I notice something about the lights.
After each hit the turquoise battery display lights come on, and remain on and blinking for a little over 60 seconds,(69-71) Is the the norm?
It seemed like they did not come on like that my first few sessions.
Does anyone notice this, or has anyone experienced it?

Vitolo,

guyonthecouch

I received the bowle this morning.
I am very impressed, from A to Z .. the performances are excellent, beyond my expectations. Pure convection style, the airflow is insane!
The device smells like quality, and very well built, this project was very well thought out and designed
As already discussed by some of you, I can see a lot of add ons being produce for the bowle. It has a lot of potential for it.
It's been a long time something this efficient and innovative in a very subtle and simple style has hit the market, seems like years to me ;)
Oh there's one thing I'm not down with: the battery life.. too short. Heavy user will need to get a pretty strict charging routine with the Bowle

Overall excellent device, let's see long term usage.
Battery life ain't good enough? Hmm only one man to call.. John B. Goodenough!

..that was a bad(ttery) joke in case you were wondering :D

guyonthecouch

Na I said it was Too $hort 👊
I go on and on
Can't understand how I last so long
I must have super powers
Vape 225 thousand hours
Get it calculated, do the math
I made 1,000 songs that made you move your ass
And for the last 300 months
I made 16 albums with me on the front and they bump
Where you get your treats?